In Plain Sight -- "When Mary Met Marshall" -- 04/07/10

Old 04-07-10, 04:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
In Plain Sight -- "When Mary Met Marshall" -- 04/07/10

IPS

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The first witnesses Mary and Marshall handled together are put in danger by a break-in. Meanwhile, flashbacks reveal how Mary came to join Witsec.

Preview:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xc8ClnsYJoI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xc8ClnsYJoI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This should be good. Looking forward to seeing how Mary and Marshall 1st met.

Allison Janney is the special guest star for tonight's episode.
Old 04-08-10, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: In Plain Sight -- "When Mary Met Marshall" -- 04/07/10

Interesting that In Plain Sight and Bones are doing the same kind of episode this week. I'm looking more forward to Bones, but this one is a pleasant surprise as I hadn't heard they were doing it.
Old 04-08-10, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There were some ridiculously awesome zingers in this episode when flashing back to 2003.

Marshall: I do actually wonder what's wrong with you, but I don't actually want to know.
Mary: That is the first smart thing you've said.
Marshall: Uh..... thank you?

Originally Posted by DJariya
Allison Janney is the special guest star for tonight's episode.
It does not seem seem that she was a one episode guest but a recurring character in a multi-episode arc.

Last edited by rfduncan; 04-08-10 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-09-10, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rfduncan
There were some ridiculously awesome zingers in this episode when flashing back to 2003.

Marshall: I do actually wonder what's wrong with you, but I don't actually want to know.
Mary: That is the first smart thing you've said.
Marshall: Uh..... thank you?

The best one was:
Mary(talking on the phone): There is already a girl on this detail...you should see this guy

Then there were the bits about 1) Marshall stopping Mary from shooting the moron, and 2) Mary giving the zombie speech. Good stuff..

Last edited by wearetheborg; 04-09-10 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-09-10, 11:41 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 245 Likes on 185 Posts

Pretty good episode. Loved Mary's comments to Marshall in the flashbacks.

I take it that Nichole Hiltz is pregnant? Her face looked puffy this episode and they went out of there way to not shoot her stomach. Which is would explain why Brandi is going back out east.
Old 04-10-10, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk God

Awesome episode. 2 for 2 now on good episodes.

Loved the flashbacks to when Mary and Marshall 1st met. They had some great banter and I absolutely love Mary's frustrated facial expressions.

My favorite line was the final scene when Marshall asked Stan to snatch Mary up to join Witsec and Stan said..."Is this some kind of Stockholm syndrome?" It was funny to see them moving around their desks.

The case was actually good too. I liked the introduction of Allison Janney's character and especially later when Mary put her into place and called her an amateur. It definitely looks like she will be a recurring character this season.

^^ Yeah I think Nicole Hiltz has to be pregnant. She did look puffy/swollen and she was always shot waist up. I wonder what the deal is with Brandi taking $20,000. It must have something to do with her ex-boyfriend.

At least they explained what happened to Eleanor.

Last edited by DJariya; 04-10-10 at 03:18 AM.
Old 04-11-10, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I deleted this before I could go back and re-watch the scene where they introduced Alison Janney's character. What exactly is Janney's position? I was not clear how she fit into WITSEC and what she was doing at the office.
Old 04-11-10, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jadzia
I deleted this before I could go back and re-watch the scene where they introduced Alison Janney's character. What exactly is Janney's position? I was not clear how she fit into WITSEC and what she was doing at the office.
She's the U.S. Marshall regional director from Washington DC. She was brought there to see how the Albuquerque office was being operated.
Old 04-11-10, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome backstory for Mary and Marshall, really liked their interactions in the flashbacks too, that was vintage IPS.

Janney's got an interesting role and there's no doubt going to be some real firey exchanges with Mary.