Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Southland -- Season/Series? Finale -- "Maximum Deployment" -- 04/06/10

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
John's ex-wife asks a favor before he's sent out to catch a rapist who's impersonating a cop. Meanwhile, Susan learns of Sal's affair while celebrating her promotion; and Lydia and Russell work on a double-homicide case.

Here it is, the final produced episode of Southland's season 2 before NBC shut them down last Fall. So technically this is the "Season Finale", but it wasn't intended to be that.

There is still no news yet whether or not we will see a season 3.

If you missed any of season 2, there is a marathon starting at 5pm on TNT up until this episode.
Old 04-06-10, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Southland -- Season/Series? Finale -- "Maximum Deployment" -- 04/06/10

just as a reminder, that the so called 'daytime' episodes will be the original network versions with everything bleeped.

Looking forward to tonight, even though i really don't expect any real conclusion.
Old 04-06-10, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I certainly hope this isn't the series finale. This has become one of favorite shows right now.
Old 04-06-10, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes Season 2 has been a much better "ride". I have enjoyed everything so far.
Old 04-06-10, 09:49 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Ben McKenzie's blog entry about this week's season finale:

http://www.tvguide.com/Celebrity-Blo...e-1016961.aspx
Southland's Ben McKenzie Talks Season Finale and Thanks Fans
Apr 6, 2010 10:34 AM ET
by Ben McKenzie

Well this is it. The final episode of Season 2 (or Season 1.5, depending on how one keeps score.) Not so much a season finale, more the sixth episode of what was supposed to be at least 13 on NBC (before we were so unceremoniously cancelled before premiering). I wish I could say that this episode wraps up the plot lines in nice little bows, providing all of us — cast and crew as well as fans —some closure if in fact this episode does serve as a series finale. The truth is it doesn't.

No surprise there: it was never intended to do so. Instead, it is simply another strong episode of a show of which I am immensely proud to be a part. That will have to suffice for the time being. Nothing worth having comes easy, and Southland is a testament to that fact. No body who worked on this show doesn't miss making it. We all hope we can make more of it. But at this point, the decision is out of our hands. The ratings have been solid (particularly the DVR numbers), but not spectacular. It is up to TNT to decide whether there will be more Southland. I would like to thank them for the enormous efforts they have undertaken on our behalf. They have believed in the show from Day 1, and have done a fantastic job promoting it and nurturing it along in the difficult transition from network to cable. Thank you, TNT.

I would also like to thank the fans, who have been so passionate in support of Southland. Many of you guys have taken ownership of the show, promoting it virally through Facebook, Twitter and fan sites. These efforts are invaluable to us — thank you for spreading the word.

Thanks to the cast and crew. I miss working with you guys. I hope we work together again on this soon. If not, I look forward to seeing you on other projects, or just around town. It has been my pleasure to work alongside you.

Thanks to the producers, John, Anne, and Chris, who have steered us through treacherous waters and have kept the ship intact. To many more voyages together.

To Michael Cudlitz: it's been a joy working with you buddy. I have learned a lot about a lot from you, and it's with pride that I call you my friend.

Finally, to members of the LAPD and law enforcement personnel everywhere: I hope we have done right by you. We have tried to honor your work and present it as best we can. We all thank you for the work you do everyday to keep us safe. We are mere actors upon a stage you have set for us. We hope to have done you justice.
Old 04-06-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

^^ Nice blog by Ben McKenzie. Very classy guy. He makes it pretty clear that this episode doesn't really wrap up anything, so I do hope this isn't the end.

TNT has done a fantastic job promoting the show. I hope they keep it and let more of it's fans find it on cable.
Old 04-06-10, 01:40 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

I'd still like to see Russell Crowe and Ben McKenzie star as father & son badasses fighting zombies in ancient Rome. Sigh.
Old 04-06-10, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this episode is where they left off with NBC, that means they haven't worked together since last year before the show was cancelled and picked up by TNT. That's a long time to get used to a new routine (and to get new jobs).
Old 04-06-10, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Hopefully they pick it up for more episodes. If they are going to cut costs, cut Regina King and cut the detective w/ the whacked out wife.
Old 04-06-10, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk God

All the actors are under contract under June. Hopefully TNT will make a decision in the next week or 2 after this episode airs.

^^ I have to disagree about Regina King, I think she's been really good on this show. I know alot of people aren't fans of hers, but she's played Lydia well except for her strange fascination with her former partner. Regarding Shawn Hatosy (Sammy), If they absolutely have to cut someone, I can see him going, but I just watched last week's episode and he was great in it.
Old 04-06-10, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by mraw
If this episode is where they left off with NBC, that means they haven't worked together since last year before the show was cancelled and picked up by TNT. That's a long time to get used to a new routine (and to get new jobs).
I believe episode 6 (tonight's season finale) wrapped production in October. The only member of the cast who has gotten other work during the downtime is Kevin Alejandro (Nate) who will be on season 3 of True Blood.

I'm hoping that TNT at least gives them a 10-13 episode 3rd season.
Old 04-06-10, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't understand why NBC gave up on Southland but kept crap like Trauma. No offense to the Trauma fans...
Old 04-06-10, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
^^ I have to disagree about Regina King, I think she's been really good on this show. I know alot of people aren't fans of hers, but she's played Lydia well except for her strange fascination with her former partner. Regarding Shawn Hatosy (Sammy), If they absolutely have to cut someone, I can see him going, but I just watched last week's episode and he was great in it.
I'm sorry, but she just gets on my nerves. i can't stand her. she may be good, but i can't stand her.
Old 04-06-10, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya
All the actors are under contract under June. Hopefully TNT will make a decision in the next week or 2 after this episode airs.

I love Regina! I've been a fan of hers since 227
Old 04-08-10, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GMan2819
I don't understand why NBC gave up on Southland but kept crap like Trauma. No offense to the Trauma fans...
Because this show was way too adult for 9PM. Southland got axed because of the Leno experiment. Obviously that failed, but it was too late to bring Southland back as TNT had already picked it up.

As for the episode, it's interesting that they took the story of the grandparents getting killed and the boy finding them straight from a real life incident. I think I saw it on Forensic Files, all the way down to the "green dragon."
Old 04-08-10, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

They only aired 6 shows so I thought maybe it would return later this year since with shows like the closer they air half of the episodes early in the year and the rest in the summer and split the season into 2 parts.

I suppose that is not the case with Southland.
Old 04-08-10, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
They only aired 6 shows so I thought maybe it would return later this year since with shows like the closer they air half of the episodes early in the year and the rest in the summer and split the season into 2 parts.

I suppose that is not the case with Southland.
I don't understand what your trying to say. They only aired 6 episodes for season 2 because that was all that was produced. TNT hasn't decided whether or not to order a 3rd season.
Old 04-08-10, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Deftones
I'm sorry, but she just gets on my nerves. i can't stand her. she may be good, but i can't stand her.
i agree..personally I think she is a bad actress as well..
Old 04-11-10, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally caught up with the last episode, sad to see this show go if this is the end.
Old 04-13-10, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sure as hell hope that wasn't the end
Old 04-26-10, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

According to Aint It Cool, TNT has given a 10 episode 3rd season a go.
Old 04-26-10, 02:59 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Here's the TNT article: http://news.turner.com/article_displ...rticle_id=5111
Old 04-26-10, 03:20 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Great news.

I had to record the new eps and just finished them and really enjoyed them.
Old 04-26-10, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Awesome!
Old 04-26-10, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Hell Yes!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.