Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Denon AVR 3300 at UBID (refurb though)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Denon AVR 3300 at UBID (refurb though)

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-00, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evidently this unit is available at UBid but it is refurbished (there are a bunch of em though) ends in about 10-15 mins incase there is someone with interest in the unit.
Old 08-09-00, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In January, I ordered an AVR 3300 from a local dealer because they had none in stock. I waited and waited, while finally in March he told me he could get me a refurbished unit the next day with substantial savings. I took one. When I got it home, it was dead on arrival. Not because of the infamous fan problem, but due to the DD and DTS decoders emitting nothing but static. So, I took it back and waited some more on a new unit. It arrived about 2 weeks later and I have had no problems with it at all. I use it every day, every single time I even watch regular TV and at blistering volumes. Despite this, no overheating. I am wondering if the delay in getting new units was due to Denon fixing the well known fan problem because mine has been flawless. Anyway, I paid $875 for mine, but I know I can take it back if anything goes wrong. Also, refurbs only have a 90 day warranty, at least mine did. Although the fan problem may be a thing of the past, it is a big risk buying a piece of equipment like this online.
Old 08-09-00, 07:05 PM

Don't be too worried about the refurbished nature of these Denon receivers. They are refurbished at the factory to new specs. I bought a refurbished 3600 last year from ubid and it has worked flawlessly since, and I saved a lot of cash.

In case you have a problem like Xytraguptorh above, there is still a 90 day factory warranty. Don't buy one if you are not able to try it out fully in the 90 day period. My experience with electronics (no moving parts) is that it is either going to be DOA or work for a long time.

This is a great way to get a better receiver for less money.
Old 08-09-00, 09:58 PM
rx

Same here. I bought a avr-3600 (refurb) over a year ago and it is jut like new. Save a ton of bucks in the process. I get tons of compliments on the receiver too, great product.