Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

How do I get rid of my old receiver? Need Help..

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

How do I get rid of my old receiver? Need Help..

Old 08-08-00, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys..im really trying to get rid of my current receiver and cd player so I can upgrade to a DD receiver (preferably the sony strde445) anyway..right now i only have a Pioneer VSX445 prologic which is good, but obviously not as good as DD.

I also have a Pioneer 25 disk changer which is great too, but i can just use my player for my cds and im trying to get rid of them so i have more money towards my new receiver..

QUESTION...

Ive tried ebay, ive tried amazon auctions and auctionwatch to see if I can find one cheap and so far it seems like Best Buy is the best with 249.00 right now. How do I get rid of these two? What is the best way...i think ive tried everything...I was hoping to get around $150-170 for the pair which I dont think is too unrealistic..so what other ways would you reccommend?

Thanx

------------------
Duck

[This message has been edited by Duck (edited August 08, 2000).]
Old 08-08-00, 04:08 PM
Banned

KEEP IT.

One day you may want to add a 6th channel, the rear center, and you can use the Pioneer DPL receiver to do the processing.
Old 08-08-00, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Up up and away...

------------------
Duck
Old 08-08-00, 06:18 PM

what do you mean use the other receiver for the 6th channel? How would that work?
Old 08-08-00, 07:02 PM

ECydeDave: There are numerous sources about home-grown 6.1. Here is the gist of it:

Using a DD reciever, hookup the front speakers like normal. For the surrounds, use the "Line Level" outputs and plug it into your Pro-Logic Reciever/Processor. Set the DPL to "3channel", and hookup the rear surrounds using the three speaker outs on the DPL Reciever/Processor. If its a processor, you might need to output it to a Amp first, depends on the processor. The pro-logic will seperate the matrixed 2-channel signal to 3 channels.
Even Without DD-Ex encoded DVDs, some DVDs show significant improvement in sound in 5.1 when played with an extra rear center, especially the Matrix.

------------------
Toshiba SD-2109, Luxman Amp. NEC Pro-Logic Processer... I want... er, im GETTING 5.1!!! Soon, the Kenwood VR-407!!!
HELP! I'M STILL TRAPPED IN A 14 YR.
Old 08-08-00, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is all good info guys..but still, how do I get rid of them

------------------
Duck
Old 08-08-00, 08:51 PM
Cool New Member

try puttin it up in your local recycler or droppin the price. i'm sure if its cheap enough someone will pick it up.
Old 08-08-00, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Try Yahho or some other free classifieds, or try your local paper classifieds. It will cost money though!

I use my old DPL recever to power my computer speakers. Get a phono to rca splitter and hooked it up to any input. Beats the hell out of paying for the cheezy computer speaker setups. Just buy some KLH 970A from BestBuy for $28 pair.
Old 08-09-00, 11:01 AM
AW

[This message has been edited by AW (edited August 09, 2000).]
Old 08-09-00, 08:15 PM

Sell it on ebay through Hi-Fi.com. When it sells, you get a $50 GC to Hi-Fi in addition to whatever you make on the sale.
Old 08-09-00, 08:25 PM

You could try selling it at www.audioreview.com and www.audiogon.com .Just go to the classified section of AudioReview and post it.Do the same at Audiogon.If you ever decide to use bass shakers or Tactile Transducers,that receiver would work great for powering them.Or you can use it for the 6th channel like Digitalhorde said.