Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Family Guy Fans -- Need Some Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family Guy Fans -- Need Some Advice!

I am looking to complete my Family Guy DVD collection (all the seasons) and had a question. I have volumes 1, 2, 3, and 6. Also have "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story" and the "Freakin' Sweet Collection".

Target has volumes 3 - 7 on sale for $14.99 each and Amazon.com just matched the price today ... so, I can get 4, 5, and 7 and round out the collection. However, while I am at it, I want to pick up the others (if needed) ... so ...

Is the separate DVD "Family Guy: Blue Harvest" the same thing included in Family Guy: Volume 5? Or, is the stand-alone DVD something significantly different. If it is the same thing, just released on a separate DVD, I can't see spending the money on it ...

Also, is "Something Something Something Darkside" included in any of the volume sets of the seasons or is that a completely different one? The same logic applies as with "Blue Harvest."

Amazon has a "package" set of Blue Harvest and Something, Something, Something Darkside for $24 (versus $11.49 and $14.49, separately, respectively).

I enjoy the show ... just don't get to watch it all the time on TV and such. So, I am sure there are other big fans out there that can answer these questions before I pay for something unnecessarily. :-P

Thanks!
Old 03-29-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Family Guy Fans -- Need Some Advice!

Blue Harvest is NOT included on Volume 5,if I remember correctly only a preview for it is on the set if anythig of Blue Harvest at all. It and Something Something Something Dark Side are on seperate 1 disc releases and are NOT included on the volume sets. Hope this helps
Old 03-29-10, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Blue Harvest & Something, Something, Something Dark Side are NOT included in any of the volume sets. They are both stand alone DVDs.

Owning the volume sets, the Stewie Griffin movie and the 2 Star Wars parodies is all you need.
Old 03-29-10, 11:40 PM

Awesome guys! Thanks so much. I did a wikipedia search for the episode lists and they included "Blue Harvest" as the first episode of the season ...

And Amazon advertises it as the "start of season 6" ... so I thought it would be included. But, wasn't sure ... Looks like I'll be pickin' up volumes 4, 5, 7 and the two pack of the parodies versus buying individually (might as well save $1.99 ... I don't need the two-disc edition of Blue Harvest ... Digital Copy isn't that important to me).

I appreciate the quick answers!
Old 03-30-10, 01:07 PM

I think it was already covered, but Blue Harvest, Something, something, something Dark Side and Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story were not released in the season sets. Wikipedia has the appropriate order they go in. We Have A Bad Feeling About This will be the 3rd Star Wars spoof episode.
Old 03-30-10, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Hendersonfan
I think it was already covered, but Blue Harvest, Something, something, something Dark Side and Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story were not released in the season sets. Wikipedia has the appropriate order they go in. We Have A Bad Feeling About This will be the 3rd Star Wars spoof episode.
Stewie Griffin wasn't released as separate episodes like on TV? I don't really remember, but I guess you are right.
Old 03-30-10, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Stewie Griffin wasn't released as separate episodes like on TV? I don't really remember, but I guess you are right.
The 3 episodes that make up Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story did appear on television, but were not part of any season set. They were aired after the DVD release. The movie was actually made after the series was cancelled. Then after it was picked up again the aired the 3 episodes.