Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard Questions

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-10, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello ...

I am thinking of applying for the Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard, but I had a few questions. I tried emailing Customer Service over the course of a day (back and forth) and they would not give me clear answers and kept saying they "can't locate my account" (even though I told them I DID NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT and when I first emailed them through the website, I chose "I do not have an account but have general questions").

In any case:

(1.) Are you allowed to have a Best Buy Card and the Best Buy MasterCard? Anyone here have both?

(2.) What is the APR range on the card? All the FAQs say are "your APR will be determined on your credit history." I understand that ... just looking for the "max" APR (non-default) and min APR that are possible. So, if anyone with the MasterCard wouldn't mind sharing their APR or the APR range listed in the terms and conditions, I'd appreciate it.

(3.) On the application, it asks for "Reward Zone Program Loyalty Number" or something like that .. is that where you are supposed to enter your current Reward Zone Membership Number to link your current Reward Zone account to the new MasterCard (if approved)?

Thanks for any help.
Old 03-28-10, 05:59 PM

Re: Best Buy Reward Zone MasterCard Questions

I can answer all your questions as I am a Best Buy employee and actually have had this card since 2006.

1. Absolutely. Back in the day we had to "double hit" if the customer got Best buy card or the mastercard to get both applications. I do not have both but have seen many customers that do.

2.The APR will vary, but it will be between 15.24% to 20.24%

3. Yes, that is regular reward zone number, it can be called member id # on the back of the card or serial # on your receipts.

Remember, you can apply for this card in any store as well if it gets too complicated online. Feel free to send me a PM if you have more questions.
Old 03-28-10, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my experience with the bestbuy rewardzone card is pretty good. couple of imho notes though:

- dont expect excellent customer service, as the card is issued by hsbc bank
- apr is high relative to other reward type of cards, so dont carry a balance if at all possible
- use it for all bestbuy purchases if possible, since the points awarded are equivalent to 4% back (only 1% everywhere else)
- use it enough to get silver rewardzone status ($2,500 total purchases per year, anywhere) because then you qualify for small, sometimes useful perks - free shipping and now free napster songs and a movie download/rental per month or something like that
Old 03-28-10, 08:18 PM

Thanks to you both. I was just confused by the verbiage online (reward zone loyalty number versus membership number). And, I didn't want to cancel my current Best Buy Card (it has a $10k credit line) just to get the MasterCard ...

The only card I carry a balance on is my Amex that I used to buy my fiancee's engagement ring last year ... so, no worries there. But, in the off-chance I'd charge something more expensive on it, I'd like to know I am not paying 30% APR to carry the balance for a month or so ... ;-)

As for applying in store versus online, I hate doing that ... every time I apply for card in store, the associate screws up my name and doesn't put my suffix on my card and account (Jr.) ... then I have to fight to get it corrected and a new card issued ... being online, I can be sure to key it in properly or force it! LOL.

I really appreciate the help and answers.
Old 04-02-10, 12:43 PM

So you have a idea, Best Buy Reward Zone keep track of everything you buy (even if your name is on a card). They in turn sell it. Something that supermarkets do not do.

FYI
Old 07-31-11, 02:28 PM

I have a reward zone mastercard and have had it for a few years but have never recieved the reward cert that others say that they have can you tell me why?
Old 08-01-11, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aumimariea
I have a reward zone mastercard and have had it for a few years but have never recieved the reward cert that others say that they have can you tell me why?
You can print certificates from the Reward Zone site.