DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Windows se7en and wireless internet problems

WOWZY
03-20-10, 11:06 AM
I have been running 3 laptops and 2 desktops through my linksys wireless router for about 3 years with no problems. the 2 desktops have been wired to the router. All units are running vista home premium.

2 days ago I purchased a new laptop for my daughter, its an Acer 17.3 inch that is running windows7 that I bought at WMart for $498. The first problem was when I wirelessly connected to the router. It connected straight through without asking for my username and password to the router under a connection named linksys2 which bothered me alot and it knocked everyone off the connection. I started over and finally connected her through the existing connection of my usename and password on the router. I thought everything was fine.

Now whenever my daughter turns on her new laptop and tries to surf the web, she can connect to 2 or 3 web sites before all wireless laptops are unable to connect to any web sites including her new one. None of the laptops including the new one are showing errors at their network icons and are showing 5 bars signal strength. They just cant surf the web. The wired desktops seem unaffected by this and can still surf effortlessly. The problem goes away once she powers down the new laptop and is no longer connected.

What is going on with this new one to cause this?

palebluedot
03-29-10, 06:56 PM
Try turning off IPv6 from the wireless adapter settings.