Search
Comic Book Talk The Place to talk about Comics

Mighty Muggs

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-10, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mighty Muggs

Curious if anyone else here collects Mighty Muggs? I picked up the Hulk before Christmas thinking that would be my only one, but like everything else I ended up wanting to get them all (the Marvel and G.I. Joe ones at least).

Not too many new ones out right now aside from the Iron Man 2 Toys R Us exclusive Iron Man/War Machine figures (which I can't find yet, can anyone help me out?).

Here's a few examples of Muggs if anyone hasn't seen them.

Old 03-17-10, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Re: Mighty Muggs

Odd timing... aren't these pretty much limited to exclusives now?

I picked up a few (I have the original Spiderman, a classic Optimus Prime, classic Starscream, and Vader that can switch his head), and I guess it's mainly riding on the big vinyl market. If they were smaller, I think I'd have collected more (as they're simple enough that you wouldn't lose anything by shrinking them), but they're a bit too big for me to start another collection. I have been sorely tempted by the Galactus, though.
Old 03-17-10, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really had only picked up Hulk because I saw him in the clearance racks of Wal-Mart. So yeah, I think their time at the major chain stores is about over. Toys R Us still caries quite a few.
Old 03-17-10, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

I've got a bunch that I keep at my cube at work: Hulk, The Thing, Captain America, The Punisher, Ghost Rider, and Indiana Jones. I also have Jigsaw, but he's still in the box, sitting on a shelf in my closet.

I'd still like to get Darth Vader, Wolverine, Thor, Spider-Man (black costume), and Iron Man. Maybe Snake Eyes, too. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up Dr. Henry Jones, Sr. when I saw him once at Wal-Mart.

It's a shame that these didn't really take off, as there are other characters that I'd love to get in Mighty Mugg form (Nightcrawler and Colossus, among others).
Old 03-18-10, 12:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got Megatron; Darth Vader; and Cobra Commander. My 1980's Axis of Evil.
Old 03-18-10, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just Galactus. Wanted to collect more but don't see them anymore in stores.
Old 03-22-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I picked up all the Indiana Jones ones (minus the last 2 exclusives), and another handful of other random ones I liked. I agree that they're spiffy, but I don't have the room for them at all.
Old 03-22-10, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just picked up a Thor and a Dr. Doom for $20 from a guy who had a lot on eBay. Thor was incredibly difficult to find cheap so I'm pretty happy about that.

This is my collection... I'm hoping to build shelves for my trades and HCs at some point and put them on display along the top: Spider-Man, Spider-Man (black), Iron Man, Captain America, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Hulk, Human Torch, Thing, Vision, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, Punisher, Jigsaw, Red Skull, Thanos, Galactus, Doctor Octopus, Skrull, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Destro, Storm Shadow, Duke, Baroness, and Darth Vader.
Old 03-22-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been posting pictures in the DVD & Blu-Ray "bought" threads for years with some Muggs in them. I don't even think they make these things anymore. My favorite collectibles now are the Eaglmoss lead figures. I love how highly detailed they are & that they are small so I can put them anywhere.

I have a lot more (I gave that Wolverine one away because I always hated Wolverine). My favs are still the Iron Man, & Cap, and also the Henry Jones.

Old 03-22-10, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a pic of one of those lead figures I love so much. . .

Old 03-22-10, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If I was to get any of the Indiana Jones figures, I would definitely get Henry Jones.
Old 03-22-10, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's mine. My favorite is probably Wolverine. They're all displayed on the shelf that's on top of the tv:

Old 07-10-12, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I found this thread today and decided to bump it to see if anyone is still collecting these. I have been scouring ebay and amazon the past few days and have picked up over 50 different characters. I had a few muggs before and a few mez-its characters as well but for some reason decided to go all out and get me some more before these babies really become hard to come by at a decent price.

Here is a pic of the Star Wars ones I received today in a lot that I bought for right at 50 bucks including shipping.

Here is the Galactus and Punisher I picked up together used for 20.50

I'm still waiting on about 40 more figures to arrive including the Comic Con Spider-man with removable mask and Iron Man with flip up mask to reveal Tony Starks. I will post more pics as I get the figures in.

Last edited by dsa_shea; 07-10-12 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Reduced photo sizes.
Old 07-11-12, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts

I really like the newer smaller size ones. I would have collected them a lot sooner if they were this size from the start (as I said in my original post). Tempted by the avengers movie ones, which is the only series out now, I think.
Old 07-17-12, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

These are about a year old, I have a few more now, but i love the mighty muggs and really wish they would stop messing with the sizes...I saw that this fall they are getting even smaller and are going to be Micro Muggs

Last edited by ivelostr2; 07-17-12 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,075 Likes on 650 Posts

Damn dude. You are a movie/toy executive's wet dream.