TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race - 3-14-10

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-10, 12:04 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
The Amazing Race - 3-14-10

A quite boring episode, pretty much a procession apart from the U-Turn.

I was surprised they didn't make it ..
Old 03-15-10, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Amazing Race - 3-14-10

"Big Ben...Parliament"
Old 03-15-10, 12:11 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

A sure sign that you producers came up with a crappy detour task is if NONE of the teams take it. That said, it seems that Joe and Heidi tried to rush through it by getting a few letters and guessing the phrase. Had they calmed down and slowly worked their way through it, I'm sure they could have completed the task in enough time to overtake Jeff and Jordan, at the bare minimum.
Old 03-15-10, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Joe and Heidi seemed to have no idea how many letters they were looking for as well, which was probably the root of their problem.
Old 03-15-10, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Too bad the lesbian team didn't do the Morse code challenge. It was annoying when one of them kept saying she didn't sign up to crawl around in the mud and the Morse code challenge was for smart people.
Old 03-15-10, 12:33 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by outcastja
Too bad the lesbian team didn't do the Morse code challenge. It was annoying when one of them kept saying she didn't sign up to crawl around in the mud and the Morse code challenge was for smart people.
They are clearly editing that couple as the "villains" which indicates to me that they probably make the top 4.
Old 03-15-10, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chew
"Big Ben...Parliament"
Jeff continues to be awesome. He would drop pop culture comments like that all the time in the Big Brother house and it went over every head in the house. The guy is hilarious. I'm glad they got a second chance. Again.
Old 03-15-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm pretty shocked Jeff and Jordan actually placed this round, even with the U-Turn. I thought they'd be out for sure.

The funniest moment was Jordan running from the baguette shop saying something unintelligible and the caption on the screen reading, "??????"

Otherwise, pretty much a nothing-happened episode. Almost the entire episode was the teams crawling around under fire.

I did like how they dropped them somewhere and the teams had no idea where they were. They should do that more often. That, in fact, would be a great show opener, for the teams to be dropped somewhere around the world with no idea what language or anything they'd encounter for the first leg.
Old 03-15-10, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

Caite saying she was going to shove that baguette down her throat had me then her saying she hoped there wasn't something nasty inside had me
Old 03-15-10, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Wow, very fortunate for Jeff/Jordan considering this stage was pretty much a parade with atypically no early bunching. Since Joe comes off as a pompous ass I liked how it turned out, but would have loved it if he could have somehow taken those haggy lesbians out with him.
Old 03-15-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
e.

I did like how they dropped them somewhere and the teams had no idea where they were. They should do that more often. That, in fact, would be a great show opener, for the teams to be dropped somewhere around the world with no idea what language or anything they'd encounter for the first leg.
There was a show exactly like this, called Lost (I think). It was really rather boring.
Jeff and Jordan always make me laugh. I missed half of the show, so I'm sure I missed some good laughs, especially from Jordan.
Old 03-15-10, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Neitzl
There was a show exactly like this, called Lost (I think). It was really rather boring.
Yup, Lost the reality show from 2001. It lasted a month.
http://www.tv.com/lost-2001/show/208...sults;title;10
Old 03-15-10, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts

While it was boring, I would totally enjoy doing the challenge. Kind of stupid for the cops to U-turn a team where the strongest guy has a bad wheel. Would have been better served to do that to the cowboys, but whatever.
Old 03-15-10, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

The funniest moment was Jordan running from the baguette shop saying something unintelligible and the caption on the screen reading, "??????"
Ha! That cracked me up as well!!
Old 03-15-10, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Yeah, the cops gained nothing and just killed any trust/goodwill they may have had with any of the other teams. Idiots.

A lot of dimwits this season.
Old 03-15-10, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Yeah, the cops gained nothing and just killed any trust/goodwill they may have had with any of the other teams. Idiots.

A lot of dimwits this season.
What good is trust/goodwill with the other teams? It's a race with one winner.
Old 03-15-10, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

I'm surprised that the bus wasn't stopped at the border so that French Customs could stamp everybody's passports. Or do people now have the freedom to go anywhere within the European Union once they enter one of the member countries?
Old 03-15-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I loved the episode. Mainly because I would have loved to have done those challenges and would have wanted to be U-Turned. Man I want to fly in one of those planes!

Glad Jon minus Kate is gone. He annoyed the shit outta me. The lesbos gotta go; I despise them.
Old 03-15-10, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 724 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Glad Jon minus Kate is gone. He annoyed the shit outta me.
And I get what the cops were saying about his cocky attitude in the bus, but they have to see that Joe and Heidi was a weak team that tried to form alliances from the get go and didn't stick with any of them. Teaming up with the lesbos and then the father/daughter, to following the cowboys, it seemed they were trying to tag along for as much as they could to keep whatever racing edge they had.
Old 03-15-10, 05:40 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Damfino
I'm surprised that the bus wasn't stopped at the border so that French Customs could stamp everybody's passports. Or do people now have the freedom to go anywhere within the European Union once they enter one of the member countries?

This - you can travel between countries.. No borders anymore.

Just drive on through.
Old 03-15-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

If you need clearer proof that the teams this year are pretty dull they somehow managed to take one of the most exciting challenges ever offered on AR and made it seem boring and pedestrian. At least the threesome of Joe, Heidi, and The Throbbing Knee are gone.
Old 03-15-10, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
What good is trust/goodwill with the other teams? It's a race with one winner.
Other teams may proactively do things to hinder them that they wouldn't otherwise do. Also, if there is another U-turn, they are the likely targets.

Bottom line is that there is no upside to pissing anyone off in a situation like this.
Old 03-15-10, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I agree that it was boring episode. I was surprised to see that U-Turn take out the married couple.

I'm still rooting for the cowboys, and the gay brothers have gotten less annoying. Both the models and Big Brother seem nice and it's funny because at the start I assumed that they would be the shallow teams. As it turns out, the lesbians take the cake. What truly awful people. They need to go as soon as possible.
Old 03-15-10, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chew
"Big Ben...Parliament"
"Put your boobs on the ground and drag them over here."
Old 03-15-10, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Other teams may proactively do things to hinder them that they wouldn't otherwise do. Also, if there is another U-turn, they are the likely targets.

Bottom line is that there is no upside to pissing anyone off in a situation like this.
A team can't sabotage another team on purpose, as we've seen that incur a penalty before. As far as a team not helping you now because of it, that's putting an awful lot of faith in someone else that should also be playing to win. I guess I would never assume anyone would help me. I've never understood the "team-up/alliance" factor in a non social game. Most of them do it their own determent. The U-Turn is part of the game and anyone who doesn't utilize it when they have the opportunity is an idiot and not playing to win. IMO.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.