Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Clash of the Titans' (Blu-ray)

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-10, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Stuart Galbraith IV's DVD review of Clash of the Titans and...completely agree that CLASH was Harryhausen's worst film...in EVERY respect. As for his retirement, I think he probably saw DRAGONSLAYER (released the same year, I think) which blows away ANYTHING in CLASH, from it's combination of practical/stop-motion FX (superior to any ion CLASH) to the completely-stop-motion sequences. The only reason I think people may have some love for CLASH is that it was probably the first Harryhausen movie they saw as kids (and probably on cable). They may not have seen (and many probably still never have) SEVENTH VOYAGE or JASON. In a nutshell, I'll probably see the new remake before I'd even bother with the new disc.
Old 03-15-10, 11:02 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 679 Likes on 455 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Clash of the Titans' (Blu-ray)

Eh, I don't think it's that much worse than his other films.

But then, I'm very biased as it was my first Harryhausen film, and, more importantly, had the first boobies i ever saw. So it will always have a very special place in my film library.

Also, if you plan to see the new film in theaters (which I'm sure will stink), the movie cash on the blu-ray makes it quite affordable.
Old 03-16-10, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Clash of the Titans' (Blu-ray)

I think he was too tough on the film. Now I have to check my laserdisc to see if the missing line of dialog is there.. I always thought it was visually compelling, love the old school approach, and in response to his statement about it being no ones favorite Harryhausen film, I had an ex girlfriend that loved Harryhausen films, and Clash was by far her favorite... It might be mine as well...

Edit: The line is not on the letterbox laserdisc.

Last edited by hasslein; 03-17-10 at 02:45 PM.