Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Anime Talk
Reload this Page >

U.S.'s Nicktoons TV Adds Dragon Ball Z Kai and Voltron Panthera Force in May

Anime Talk Discuss Anime on DVD & Blu-Ray, CGI animations, Manga and other cool stuff from Japan!

Old 03-11-10, 09:09 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 521 Likes on 458 Posts

Per ANN
U.S.'s Nicktoons TV Adds Dragon Ball Z Kai in May
posted on 2010-03-11 09:41 EST

Also on Nicktoons: Voltron Panthera Force

America's Nicktoons television channel has announced that it will run the Dragon Ball Z Kai action anime series starting in May 2010. Nicktoons, a spinoff of Nickelodeon, will also launch Voltron Panthera Force from World Event Productions in conjunction with Kick Start Production. (The channel did not specify if Voltron Panthera Force is Japanese-animated or not.) Nicktoons made the announcements during its 2010 Upfront Presentation for advertisers on Thursday morning in New York City...
Old 03-16-10, 03:08 PM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: U.S.'s Nicktoons TV Adds Dragon Ball Z Kai and Voltron Panthera Force in May

I can't say I'm really excited about DBZ Kai. I mean the Dragon Boxes are great... they finally put the show out the way it was originally broadcast. Now they're reediting the whole thing?? What's the point.

trsi.png

Last edited by John Sinnott; 03-16-10 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-16-10, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: U.S.'s Nicktoons TV Adds Dragon Ball Z Kai and Voltron Panthera Force in May

I don't mind seeing it in HD which would look nice if that's an option....not sure if Nick Toons has an HD tier broadcast though
Old 03-17-10, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by John Sinnott
I can't say I'm really excited about DBZ Kai. I mean the Dragon Boxes are great... they finally put the show out the way it was originally broadcast. Now they're reediting the whole thing?? What's the point.

trsi.png
To milk more money out of the fans? At least they already announced the Kai dvds and blurays, instead of waiting for the dragon boxes to finish. I do like that they have new openings and endings, though.
Old 05-20-10, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I sort of like that Kai is more faithful to the manga and my sons are pretty excited about it. I'm considering buying the blu-ray but wonder how many there will be, seeing as how the first one is Season 1, PART 1. I'm worried they'll come out with whole season sets shortly.
Old 05-20-10, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

And The New York Times reported last week that Haim Saban is re-acquiring the Power Rangers franchise and is gonna run it on Nickelodeon. I hoping that turns out to be good news.
Old 05-20-10, 06:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Dragon Ball Kai starts this coming Monday night on Nicktoons. Back-to-back episodes (not sure if the 2nd episode is another episode or a re-air of the first). I think its on at 8pm.
Old 05-21-10, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm actually really excited to watch Kai. I've wanted to rewatch DBZ for a while now, but haven't been able to bring myself to do it because of the amount of filler. Kai seems to be made specifically for me.
Old 05-21-10, 12:05 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It is edited for tv from the pics I've seen. The dvd release is unedited.
Old 05-21-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ytrez
I sort of like that Kai is more faithful to the manga and my sons are pretty excited about it. I'm considering buying the blu-ray but wonder how many there will be, seeing as how the first one is Season 1, PART 1. I'm worried they'll come out with whole season sets shortly.
From what I read there will be about 100 episodes in DBZ Kai. The first set had 13, so you gotta figure 7-8 volumes. Never saw the DBZ series until the Kai release, but I'm loving it so far.