Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Star Trek Enterprise Season 1 - $19.99 at Wal-mart

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Star Trek Enterprise Season 1 - $19.99 at Wal-mart

Found this at my local Wal-mart yesterday. Great deal!
Old 03-04-10, 09:52 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Star Trek Enterprise Season 1 - $19.99 at Wal-mart

Glad to see the price coming down on this series (for at least the first volume anyway). A very good, underrated "Trek" series IMHO.
Old 03-04-10, 11:09 AM

My Wal-Mart doesn't even stock these anymore
Old 03-04-10, 11:12 AM

My Walmart didnt stock them either. They seem to be rotating their TV on dvd stock every month. Last month, it was STar Trek Voyager S1 for $19.99, and now I don't see these anymore
Old 03-04-10, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was posted in the WM bargain thread last week. I found Enterprise and Voyager S1 for 19.96 ea. S2 of Voyager was 39.96 though so I passed...
Old 03-04-10, 01:01 PM

Sorry, but this is still not correct. Walmart's are not carrying this title in their store ... the same three stores in my area are not carrying and countless other members here have verified that stores in their areas are not carrying.

Perhaps the OP needs to search the forums, otherwise, they would have realized that this particular item is being talked about in another topic.

Just creating a topic and saying that stores are carrying it is misleading at best. Do you research and doing a simple search on Walmart's website will tell you if stores in your area are carrying it.

When you click on the item you're looking for, if the entry doesn't give you a list of stores in your area that carry it, then that means that it is not being sold in the stores in your area.

If the entry says, "Find in Store — Information not available. Check store for availability," then that means that it's not available.
Old 03-04-10, 01:17 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

I just need to find season 4 with the Best Buy bonus disc someday.
Old 03-04-10, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenichi tanaka
Sorry, but this is still not correct. Walmart's are not carrying this title in their store ... the same three stores in my area are not carrying and countless other members here have verified that stores in their areas are not carrying.
SO.......basically you are calling the original poster (and kenbenobi as well) a liar? Nice...

Just creating a topic and saying that stores are carrying it is misleading at best. Do you research and doing a simple search on Walmart's website will tell you if stores in your area are carrying it.

Good grief...all he said was "Found this at my local Wal-mart yesterday." He never wrote "I guarantee you that EVERY SINGLE WALMART STORE across the nation has this"......
Old 03-04-10, 02:09 PM

Perhaps the OP needs to search the forums, otherwise, they would have realized that this particular item is being talked about in another topic.

When you click on the item you're looking for, if the entry doesn't give you a list of stores in your area that carry it, then that means that it is not being sold in the stores in your area.

If the entry says, "Find in Store — Information not available. Check store for availability," then that means that it's not available.

I thought it was a given that it is always YMMV with Wal-mart.
Old 03-04-10, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor
I just need to find season 4 with the Best Buy bonus disc someday.
Funny, that's the same season I need the bonus disc for as well. I had it in my hand a few years ago, but the plastic case was badly deeply scratched. I told myself I'd find a better one, but I never found another...
Old 03-04-10, 03:15 PM

Thanks OP for the heads up.
Old 03-04-10, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just creating a topic and saying that stores are carrying it is misleading at best.
It isn't misleading at all! WM stores ARE carrying this title. Is it every WM? Of course not! The DVD inventory at each store is always different! Typically the Supercenters have a larger selection, but that isn't always the case.

If you want the item, then you have to search for it. The odds are that one of your local WM's will carry it, if you live in an area with multiple stores. If you would take the time to check the Walmart Bargains thread, you will see that MANY people have found this at their local stores.

BTW, the online store checker is fairly accurate, if you know how to read it. Obviously, you don't. On the search page, it clearly tells you if a title is:
Available In-Store
Not Available In-Store
In Limited Stores

If you look at the following link, you will see that Season 1 says IN-STORE! Seaons 2,3,4 say NOT Available In-Store:
http://www.walmart.com/search/search....y=0&Find=Find

As for ST: Voyager, you can see that S1 and S2 are In-Store, S3 is in LIMITED stores, and the other seasons are NOT available in-store.
http://www.walmart.com/search/search....y=0&Find=Find

That's how to read the website. So please don't try to teach us, when you, yourself, don't understand.
Old 03-04-10, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by dvdaddict32
I thought it was a given that it is always YMMV with Wal-mart.
Everything at every retail store is YMMV it seems.
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Funny, that's the same season I need the bonus disc for as well. I had it in my hand a few years ago, but the plastic case was badly deeply scratched. I told myself I'd find a better one, but I never found another...
I see all of the other bonus discs pop up at used places or in my infrequent ebay searches, but can never find that darn 4th season of Enterprise disc. I want to watch the whole series soon, but can't start until I get that set....
Old 03-04-10, 04:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Introducing Mr. Kenichi Tanaka, the official Wal Mart greeter of the DVDTalk DVD Bargains Forum!
Old 03-04-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
I see all of the other bonus discs pop up at used places or in my infrequent ebay searches, but can never find that darn 4th season of Enterprise disc. I want to watch the whole series soon, but can't start until I get that set....
You can save a search on eBay that will email you when it finds something. I've used this on several hard-to-find things. With patience, you should be able to pick it up at a decent price.
Old 03-04-10, 08:17 PM

kenbenobi, you posted the wrong link. I'll show you how:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/3619994

As you see, it's not available ... and it also lists the price at $49.99.

It's always quite entertaining how some people think they know everything.
Old 03-04-10, 08:57 PM

One of my local W-M had 2 of them about 3 weeks ago. Passed but decided to go back and get 1 the next day and both were gone. Asked the W-M employee about them and he said that an outside company stocks them for them and didn't know if they would get any more. Few days later the sticker was removed and something else was put in its place. Didn't see them at any other W-M in my area.
Old 03-04-10, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
You can save a search on eBay that will email you when it finds something. I've used this on several hard-to-find things. With patience, you should be able to pick it up at a decent price.
Thanks! I actually have 100 of those set-up, but am just lazy and only check those emails once a month or less. Except for the once a year or so when I go on insane ebay buying sprees and buy about 50 things in a weekend.
Old 03-05-10, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You dont have to be a confrontational dick ya know. Yes I know your post here was pointing out something that was incorrect but your first post comes off as prickish. The online trackers stating if something is in stock or not isnt always correct. Hell at BB.com it wont say in stock if they have less than 3 there.

EDIT: PS heres a link for Babylon 5 at WM.com. http://www.walmart.com/search/search....y=0&Find=Find

Its wrong as well. They do carry the series at least near me for 20 bucks a pop. But the site says they are over 40. So who is wrong?
Old 03-05-10, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's funny, because that's exactly what you're doing. The OP never said at it was at EVERY Walmart. A Walmart 2 hours away from me carries this title, but the Walmart closest to me doesn't.

So why don't you stop being a dick?
Old 03-05-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, I don't find you entertaining at all... I'm sure you're just being an ass on purpose. I tried to show you how to effectively use walmart.com's information. If you refuse to look at the facts, or are too stupid to understand, so be it. I'll just ignore you from now on...
Old 03-05-10, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by burnside986
heres a link for Babylon 5 at WM.com. http://www.walmart.com/search/search....y=0&Find=Find

Its wrong as well. They do carry the series at least near me for 20 bucks a pop. But the site says they are over 40. So who is wrong?
The online prices rarely match the store prices, so you can't really try to compare those. The only thing I use wm.com for is to see if they carry a product in their stores or if it is online only. Occassionally wm.com has a better price, so then I'll do Ship to Store...
Old 03-05-10, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by burnside986
Yes I know your post here was pointing out something that was incorrect but your first post comes off as prickish.
Both of his posts were prickish. I didn't post anything incorrect. He just didn't want to admit that my links proved he was wrong...
Old 03-05-10, 11:41 AM

Kenichi needs to gtfo with that bucket of bull.

Anyways, thanks for posting OP. Might give this a go.
Old 03-05-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The online prices rarely match the store prices, so you can't really try to compare those. The only thing I use wm.com for is to see if they carry a product in their stores or if it is online only. Occassionally wm.com has a better price, so then I'll do Ship to Store...

I totally get that. Thats why I threw that link up there. K's post saying that the link was wrong and that made your information incorrect was foolish and easi;ly rebutted.

PS to OP thanks for the heads up. Going out today and search around a bit. Maybe find some other stuff that Kei can tell me Im wrong about.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.