Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

American Idol -- Top 20 Perform -- 03/02-03/04/10

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who should be voted off American Idol Thursday?
Aaron Kelly
0%
Alex Lambert
5.88%
Andrew Garcia
5.88%
Casey James
0%
Jermaine Sellers
5.88%
John Park
35.29%
Lee Dewyze
0%
Michael Lynche
0%
Tim Urban
5.88%
Todrick Hall
0%
Crystal Bowersox
0%
DiDi Benami
0%
Haeley Vaughn
35.29%
Katelyn Epperly
0%
Katie Stevens
0%
Lacey Brown
5.88%
Lilly Scott
0%
Michelle Delamor
0%
Paige Miles
0%
Siobhan Magnus
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-10, 05:17 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Idol

Tuesday: 10 Girls perform

Wednesday: 10 Guys peform

Thursday: Results show

4 will be eliminated on Thursday. Also, Danny Gokey will peform.
Old 03-02-10, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: American Idol -- Top 20 Perform -- 03/02-03/04/10

Can wait.
Old 03-02-10, 09:03 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
4 will be eliminated on Thursday. Also, Danny Gokey will peform.
Did you know he's a widower?
Old 03-02-10, 03:52 PM

Apparently the boys are performing tonight instead because Crystal Bowersox is in the hospital.
Old 03-02-10, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Did you know he's a widower?
Again?
Old 03-02-10, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Alex Lambert is like a puppy. I agree with Kara. There is not one person not rooting for this kid. And I really really like him.
Old 03-02-10, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Alex has a nice, interesting voice, and this week I didn't have shut my eyes to really tell.

Thought overall that it was better than last week. I think John is almost a lock to go home, and he'll probably be joined by either Todrick or Jermaine especially after Simon propped up Tim.

I don't know if it's b/c she's sitting next to Simon during the performances, but I think Kara has been a better judge this year.

Anyone want to take bets that if Todrick is back next week and does what Randy says that at least one judge tells him that he has to make the song more his own.
Old 03-02-10, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Alex Lambert is like a puppy. I agree with Kara. There is not one person not rooting for this kid. And I really really like him.
This kid can really grow this season. I think that is what is different this season from the last few..there seems to be really inexperienced singers, not the prepackaged ones we have seen before. Might be a lot of growth, with a lot of surprises. I like his voice and I like him.
Old 03-02-10, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm really liking Lee and Andrew.

Alex is adorable and he's got a great voice.. I just wish he would lose the mullet... it's becoming distracting.
Old 03-03-10, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Michael Lynche - brought the guns with him tonight, filled the stage with his presence, and the room with his voice.

John Park - okay, but nothing special.

Casey James - I don't really like the tenor of his voice, or that weird vibratto, but he wasn't terrible, merely adequate.

Alex Lambert - Probably has the most distinctive voice among the guys, so he's a ways to go with the performance side, but a good vocal.

Todrick Hall - I'm not all that excited by his spins on songs.

Jermaine Sellers - the feline soothsayer probably had many a cat at attention with those bad notes. He ain't got enough vocal firepower.

Andrew Garcia - I was bored with his song choice.

Aaron Kelly - sang the song in too low of a key, almost killed the melody of the song, plus dragging out the notes doesn't do the song any justice. Almost goat-like in execution.

Tim Urban - If this was Street Corner Idol, Tim might be a contender, but otherwise, nothing special, not enough vocal distinctiveness to separate him from the pack.

Lee Dewyze - While, still not crazy about his growling, he's the only one that seems comfortable singing on stage amongst this group of guys this season.
Old 03-03-10, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Seriously, Lee dewyze "a few tiny pitch problems'. That guy is the pitchiest, worse singer on the panel. My wife is musically retarded. 15 minutes earlier, I was trying to explain to her what a vibrato was and she still couldn't hear it in people's singing and even she was like, 'this guy can't hit a fucking note' and 'this sounds really bad to me'. This guy is getting groomed to win because A. HE's good looking with beautiful blue eyes, B. He's just an everyday dude with an everyday job, and C. Nickelback , underbite-rock is fucking huge, sells a shitload of albums, will make simon a ton of money and according to kara 'I can already hear your voice on the radio'..of course you can..it's nickleback, and theory of a deadman, and default, and even hinder...This is like David Cook part two, if David cook had a little more hair, and didn't understand what a note was.
Old 03-03-10, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by Phod
Apparently the boys are performing tonight instead because Crystal Bowersox is in the hospital.
Has Danny Gokey proposed to her yet?
Old 03-03-10, 11:17 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Every year we always complain about the current batch of AI contestants, but MAN!

This year's crop is hurtin'.
Old 03-03-10, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny Gokey has a new CD out, that's why he's on the show.

And the group of guys are pretty lame overall, I really don't care about any of them.
Old 03-03-10, 03:05 PM

Bowersox may be out!
http://news-briefs.ew.com/2010/03/03...wersox-ailing/

American Idol producers have yet to make a final decision regarding the fate of ailing season 9 semifinalist Crystal Bowersox, whose medical issues resulted in a last-minute swap that has the show’s remaining female semifinalists performing tonight, instead of yesterday, as originally scheduled. “The doctors are meeting at this moment – this morning – and will make a decision a bit little later on in the day,” Idol executive producer Ken Warwick explained in an interview on Ryan Seacrest’s Los Angeles-based radio show a little while ago. “She did have a condition that we know about, but how bad it is yet, we still don’t know.” A Fox spokesperson declined comment on Bowersox’s status; a call to 19 Entertainment was not immediately returned.

After the jump, the transcript of Seacrest’s Q&A with Warwick. (Audio here.) –Additional reporting by Sandra Gonzalez

Ryan Seacrest: What happened?
Ken Warwick: Actually I was in the shower about 8 o’clock yesterday morning and I suddenly got the phone call that Crystal had been taken to hospital and I thought “Yeah, is she going to be okay? What’s the problem?” And I found out actually within an hour that it was worse than we expected, and she was going to be in the hospital all day. And then we had a decision to make as to whether or not we were going to try to put the show together without her, what the fan issues would be. Could we take maybe a pre-recording she’d made in rehearsal that we could package together so people could vote? Could I show one from last week and get people to vote? Or was that it for her, which normally is the situation. If you’re in the Olympics and you’re going for the semifinal for the final, if you don’t turn up…

Seacrest: Then you’re out.
Warwick: …you don’t go straight through to the final. So it was a difficult decision to make. We came to the conclusion really that the fairest thing to do overall – because I’ve got three of four other girls who got sniffles and the flu – that if the boys were okay with it, we put the boys on [yesterday] and the girls on tonight.

Seacrest: Can you talk about what she has or what happened to her?
Warwick: We’re not really sure yet, Ryan. She did have a condition that we know about, but how bad it is yet, we still don’t know. The doctors are meeting at this moment – this morning – and will make a decision a bit little later on in the day.

Seacrest: At this moment you don’t know if she’s going to be in or out, but you could find out at any moment?
Warwick: I hopefully will know by midday, but not until then.

Seacrest: What happens then? God forbid she’s out of the competition. What do we do?
Warwick: If she’s out of the competition, it would probably be that we only eliminate one girl this week.

Seacrest: So eliminate one on Thursday night. A tough thing because you’re in a competition like this and then all of the sudden something happens that’s maybe out of your control…
Warwick: You go through all your life singing, hoping, waiting for your break, then this comes along and it will go sour, which is an awful shame.
Old 03-03-10, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by freshticles
Seriously, Lee dewyze "a few tiny pitch problems'. That guy is the pitchiest, worse singer on the panel. My wife is musically retarded. 15 minutes earlier, I was trying to explain to her what a vibrato was and she still couldn't hear it in people's singing and even she was like, 'this guy can't hit a fucking note' and 'this sounds really bad to me'. This guy is getting groomed to win because A. HE's good looking with beautiful blue eyes, B. He's just an everyday dude with an everyday job, and C. Nickelback , underbite-rock is fucking huge, sells a shitload of albums, will make simon a ton of money and according to kara 'I can already hear your voice on the radio'..of course you can..it's nickleback, and theory of a deadman, and default, and even hinder...This is like David Cook part two, if David cook had a little more hair, and didn't understand what a note was.
I disagree that the guy can't sing, but I agree with the rest of your assessment. I cannot stand this type of music and it needs to die!
Old 03-03-10, 07:25 PM
Suspended

I cannot stand when the judges have an agenda, and so obviously push it to the point where they denigrate a performance that was obviously good.

Haely didn't deserve those comments. I thought she was really, really good. What's the matter, Simon? Is she not "commercial" enough for you?

And Ellen. I had such high hopes for you. Congratulations on selling your soul.
Old 03-03-10, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sessioner
I cannot stand when the judges have an agenda, and so obviously push it to the point where they denigrate a performance that was obviously good.

Haely didn't deserve those comments. I thought she was really, really good. What's the matter, Simon? Is she not "commercial" enough for you?

And Ellen. I had such high hopes for you. Congratulations on selling your soul.
I really HATE Hailey's style and voice. This week she was much better than last week, but I still didn't think it was that good.

She followed Bowersox who did really well.
Old 03-03-10, 09:51 PM

I think I'm in love with Siobhan Magnus... or however you spell it.

There's at least 4 girls that crush every single guy.
Old 03-03-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I didn't care for Hailey at all, and I hope she goes tomorrow b/c I don't really want to listen to her sing again.

The person I thought they were too hard on was Didi. While I would agree that Lean on Me was probably the wrong song to sing, I liked what she did.

Some really good performances tonight. Siobhan is a strange girl. I wasn't really overwhelmed by her performance this week until she hit that note. Still, I liked Wicked Game more.

Hope to see Crystal, Lilly, Katie, Siobhan, Katelyn, and Didi advance. The rest I don't care about.
Old 03-03-10, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The girls are much stronger singers than the guys this year.

And for the poll next week, can we have multiple choices? I mean, four are leaving but we can only vote for one?
Old 03-03-10, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Andrew Garcia, reminds me too much of the Gokey.
Old 03-03-10, 11:31 PM
Banned

It's lopsided like this every year. I think the judges should decide which are better (the boys or the girls) each week as a whole, then that side only loses 1 while the other loses 3. This way, we get a better crop of performers at the end.
Old 03-03-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I suddenly got the phone call that Crystal had been taken to hospital and I thought “Yeah, is she going to be okay? What’s the problem?”
Ya, I'm sure that's the first thing he thought.
Old 03-03-10, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cracksky
It's lopsided like this every year. I think the judges should decide which are better (the boys or the girls) each week as a whole, then that side only loses 1 while the other loses 3. This way, we get a better crop of performers at the end.
I hate the way they do it now, with the gender separation. I much preferred the earlier seasons where had 3 random groups of 10, and the best were voted from in each group, and then you had the wild card round to give another chance to someone who might have missed out due to being in a tough group.

If you ended up with a top 10 that was mostly male or female, so be it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.