Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

Couples Retreat Dir. Selction - 4 Days to Respond?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-10, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering / warning if this has happened to anyone else...

I just learned that I am having a Director's Selection for the title "Couples Retreat" sent to me because I didn't respond fast enough.

Thing is... I received the notification e-mail on 2-18-2010, and needed to respond by 2-22-2010.

This seems bizarre to me since I'm usually given a few weeks to respond.

I plan to just "Refused - Return to Sender" the package (CH specifically lists that as allowed if given <10 days to respond)... but I think I'll need to cancel my membership if this becomes a normal practice.

I'll go more than 4 days without checking my e-mail sometimes, and definitely am not going to check my CH account everyday looking for new DSs.

Last edited by obispo21; 02-28-10 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-28-10, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Couples Retreat Dir. Selction - 4 Days to Respond?

I happened to log into my account on the 21st and saw that it needed a response by the 22nd. I was very surprised as I hadn't noticed any email about it whatsoever.
Old 02-28-10, 01:05 PM

I would suggest logging into CH peroidically just to make sure everything is normal.
Old 02-28-10, 07:28 PM

^ I maintain a paper membership, partially for this reason ... the monthly mailings remind to me log-in to check ou the DS and decline it.
Old 03-18-10, 06:48 PM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got charged for this also, but have not received the dvd. They charged me on 2/25 but no dvd, so i cant even send it back.
Old 03-18-10, 08:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

I just received my copy i didn't order. The tv club also sent me something. Thet'll both be refused and return to sender.
Old 03-23-10, 12:09 AM

So I just received my Director's Selection and want to send it back but....

The package doesn't seem to have a real return address.

The top left corner has "Hanover, PA 17335" printed on the cardboard, and the invoice / packaging slip has "Customer Service Center - Rantoul, IL 61866-8601" in the top right corner (can be seen through the package window).

Can I just write "Return to Sender" on the package, and expect it to go to the right place?
Old 03-23-10, 08:01 AM

As long as you have not opened it, just write "Refused - Return to Sender". The post office will sort it out. (BTW, "RTS" is fine instead of "Return to Sender".)
Old 04-02-10, 11:13 PM

I have not been getting any Director Selection emails for a while, and got surprised by this too. Marked "return to sender" and off it goes. Think I will be canceling because now this is a PITA without those emails to remind me to reject the selection.
Old 04-03-10, 09:27 AM

If you are not receiving the emails, make sure that your communication preferences were not set to unsubscribe from all emails.

When the site was redesigned and relaunched, it appears that accounts were set to "unsubscribe from all emails" from Columbia House ... maybe that is the cause? (I still receive the email warnings about the Director's Selections, in addition to the paper mailings I still receive).
Old 04-20-10, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by wkkunkle
If you are not receiving the emails, make sure that your communication preferences were not set to unsubscribe from all emails.

When the site was redesigned and relaunched, it appears that accounts were set to "unsubscribe from all emails" from Columbia House ... maybe that is the cause? (I still receive the email warnings about the Director's Selections, in addition to the paper mailings I still receive).
They must have got my "return to sender" back because I just saw a credit on my CC yesterday. Pretty quick, no fuss. Didn't even have to contact them. Big thumbs up for CH! I'll check my preferences like you said. Thanks!
Old 04-20-10, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

I still get my 2 email warning about my directors selection, but one thing I miss since they switched to the new site is that it used to be that the second email they sent would have a direct "No Thanks" link in it that you could use to decline the selection in one click. Now both emails just have links to their webpage, and then you have to log in, and then you have to click no thanks. It was much more convenient before.
Old 04-30-10, 01:26 PM

I sent them an email a lil while back saying to stop sending me DS emails and just default to No on my account.

They did it for me with no hassle.
Old 05-16-10, 12:56 PM

CH doesn't even send me an email anymore i have to remember to log in and cancel the selection. Ever since they made the new changeover i have never received an email.
Old 05-17-10, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by 3mooreclarks
CH doesn't even send me an email anymore i have to remember to log in and cancel the selection. Ever since they made the new changeover i have never received an email.
Checking your preferences. When they started the new site, they set everyone to "unsubscribe from all CH emails" ... you probably just need to check to receive emails from them again.