Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

MERANTAU (2009) - martial arts from Indonesia - English-friendly DVD now available

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

MERANTAU (2009) - martial arts from Indonesia - English-friendly DVD now available

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-10, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I expect that at least a few of you are eager to get your hands on an English-friendly DVD for the Indonesian martial arts action movie - Merantau (2009) aka MERANTAU WARRIOR. Well, U.S.-based e-tailer esindo.com just put up a listing for the official Indonesian DVD. It is labelled as Region 3 and does include English subtitles.

Here is the IMDb link:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1368116/

And the official site with trailer:
http://www.merantau-movie.com/

One point to note is that I'm not sure if the DVD contains the 134-minute Director's cut or the shorter 106-minute cut that was later done for International markets.
Old 02-20-10, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just wanted to add that I did a quick look around...I didn't stumble across any date for a U.S. R1 DVD release, but there is a R2 UK DVD and Blu-ray listed at Amazon UK and releasing on April 26th. Again, I don't know which cut of the film that will be.

So, for the less eager, those not in the U.S., or the A/V-philes among you, maybe the coming UK release might be a preferable option.
Old 02-24-10, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bad news...it looks like this release does NOT have English subtitles. I received an e-mail from esindo saying that they have received the DVD and it does NOT have English subtitles. Esindo is looking into things and I expect to hear back from them...but if you were thinking of ordering it, don't do so right now.
Old 03-21-10, 12:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MERANTAU (2009) - martial arts from Indonesia - English-friendly DVD now availabl

Hey, I'm Indonesian, yeah.. just want to confirm, the Director's Cut version (Indonesian Reg 3) does not have English subtitles. This is kinda bad, normally for any Indonesian movies released on DVD have English subtitles. I dunno why this doesn't.