Search this Thread

Old 02-16-10, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
American Idol -- "Hollywood Week Round 3 & 4/Top 24 Chosen" -- -2/16-2/17/09

Idol

Hollywood Week Continues.

2 hour episode on Tuesday

Some of the Top 24 will be revealed in Tuesday's episode according to an article that TV Guide posted.

Hollywood Week wraps up on Wednesday. The remaining members of the Top 24 will be announced.
Old 02-16-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Re: American Idol -- "Hollywood Week Round 3 & 4/Top 24 Chosen" -- -2/16-2/17/09

Originally Posted by DJariya
Some of the Top 24 will be revealed in Tuesday's episode according to an article that TV Guide posted.

Hollywood Week wraps up on Wednesday. The remaining members of the Top 24 will be announced.
Or if you just want to know right now:

Spoiler:

Top 24

1. Michelle Delamor (Idol Chatter) – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Miami Beach, FL
Audition City: Orlando
Silent Night

2. Katie Stevens - Audition – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Middlebury, Connecticut
Audition City: Boston
Instruments: Piano/Guitar
Style: Pop/Acoustic

3. Tyler Grady – Audition – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Nazareth, PA

4. John Park – Audition – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Northbrook, IL
Audition City: Chicago
Myspace (Group Purple Haze)
Article
Coming Home (youtube)
Falling Slowly (youtube)
Purple Haze Youtube Channel
Purple Haze Website

5. Ashley (Makailah) Rodriguez - Audition – Golden Ticket Interview
Season 9 Hollywood interview
Home town: Boston, MA
Fansite

6. Jermaine Sellers - Audition – Golden Ticket Interview
Season 9 Hollywood interview
Hometown: Joliet, IL
Audition City: Atlanta
Myspace
Keep Your Head to the Sky (youtube)
At AME Conference (youtube)
Tomarrow (?) (youtube)
I’m not Worthy (youtube)

7. Christopher “Chris” Golightly – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Los Angeles
Audition City: Los Angeles
Appears in Idol Commercial
Myspace

8. Andrew Garcia – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Moreno Valley, CA
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/andrewadriangarcia
Adrian William Project: Original Song (Cathy’s Song) Cover: Use Somebody
Chasing Pavements, Live and Learn, Knock You Down, Empire State of Mind, UStream
Twitter: http://twitter.com/andrewagarcia

9. Alexander “Alex” Lambert – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: North Richland Hills, TX
Audition City: Dallas
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/handsthathurt
I’m Yours (youtube)
Tired of Waiting (original song, youtube)
Twist and Shout (youtube)
Barney (the purple dinosaur) Tribute (youtube)

10. Jose (Joe) Munoz - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Los Angeles
www.facebook.com/joeemunozz?ref=sgm

11. Lee DeWyze – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Chicago, IL
http://www.leedewyze.com/

12. Michael Lynche - Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Astoria, NY
Myspace
Website

13. Lacey Brown – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Season 8 Hollywood contestant
Hometown: Amarillo, TX

14. Lillian “Lilly” Scott – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Denver/Boulder, Colorado
Audition City: Denver
Band’s Myspace
Band’s Facebook
EP at CD Baby
Picture 1 Picture 2

15. Haeley Vaughn – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Fort Collins, CO
Audition City: Denver
Myspace

16. Casey James – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Dallas/Fort Worth
Myspace
Facebook
Article

17. Aaron Kelly – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Participated in ‘America’s Most Talented Kids’
Winner of American Idol Experience at DisneyWorld
Hometown: Sonestown, PA
http://www.myspace.com/aaronkellymusic
http://www.aaronkellymusic.com/
Crazy
Let’s Twist

18. Janell Wheeler – Orlando Audition – Golden Ticket Interview
Won Orlando’s Got Talent
Hometown: Tampa, FL
http://www.myspace.com/janellsworld
http://twitter.com/JanellWheeler

19. Katelyn Epperly – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: West Des Moines, IA
Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3
Myspace
Almost Lover (youtube)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (youtube)

20. Crystal Bowersox – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Chicago, IL
http://twitter.com/crystalbowersox
http://www.facebook.com/MamaSox09
http://www.myspace.com/crystallbowersox
You Tube: “A Little Piece of My Heart”

21. Siobhan Magnus – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Cape Cod, MA
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lunarvalve
Stephanie Crews

22. Vered Didi Benami – Audition - Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Los Angeles, CA
twitter.com/DidiBenami
http://www.facebook.com/didi.benami
http://www.myspace.com/dvered

23. Paige Miles – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Houston, TX
http://www.communityschoolnaples.org...p;groupid=4752

24. Todrick Hall – Audition – Golden Ticket Interview
Hometown: Plainview, TX
http://www.myspace.com/todrick_hall
http://www.youtube.com/user/todrickhall
Old 02-16-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Re: American Idol -- "Hollywood Week Round 3 & 4/Top 24 Chosen" -- -2/16-2/17/09

Originally Posted by DJariya
Idol
Again, I like DeGeneres as a comedian, I really do. She's probably my favorite. But her increasing male wardrobe is just getting creepier. Like the jackets and loose ties. Howard Stern swears she wears men's briefs under those men's slacks.
Old 02-16-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Ha ha Mary Powers. Over confident bitch.
Old 02-16-10, 08:36 PM
Needs to contact a mod about multiple accounts

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
Again, I like DeGeneres as a comedian, I really do. She's probably my favorite. But her increasing male wardrobe is just getting creepier. Like the jackets and loose ties. Howard Stern swears she wears men's briefs under those men's slacks.
Is she going to be your new Adam Lambert? :P
Old 02-16-10, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

They had no idea how good that Jessica girl could be. Wow, shut up already.

So glad Mary was booted. Ugh she was annoying.
Old 02-17-10, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If they wanted the audience to be surprised by the eliminations, they really screwed that up. Why reveal who is in each room at the beginning of the episode, when there are certain people we know are locks? I knew 5 minutes into the show that room 2 was going home. (haven't watched the second half yet)
Old 02-17-10, 11:08 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So is Big Mike
Spoiler:
DQed or not? I remember there was a fuss when his dad let it slip to a paper that he made made the top 24, and that he was disqualified due to it. But he's still being heavily pushed and they had plenty of time to edit his screen time out or down.
Old 02-17-10, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DRG
So is Big Mike DQed or not? I remember there was a fuss when his dad let it slip to a paper that he made made the top 24, and that he was disqualified due to it. But he's still being heavily pushed and they had plenty of time to edit his screen time out or down.
He's not. He's on the show. That apparently was a rumor that got out of hand.
Old 02-17-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Big Mike's hand gestures bother me to end.
Old 02-17-10, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just want to punch this Tyler guy in the face. Is that wrong?
Old 02-17-10, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't believe that black country girl, Haley I think, made it. I personally think her voice suck.
Old 02-18-10, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I can't figure out why they always put some leather jacket, underbite rock, untalented, nickleback rock douche through on this show. How does a guy like that make it, but the big fat dude, who cried in the bathroom and who CAN sing gets cut? This show is fucking crrraaazy. Stoked that dreadlocks, toothless chick and much less annoying, gang affiliated Danny Gokey made it. I'm also kind of digging on huge, new baby guy and dead friend, crying girl. Every one else can suck one, including Alex Lambert mainly because his name is horrible.
Old 02-18-10, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike Lynche was rumored to be disqualified, but he is definately in the Top 24.

Chris Golightly was definately in the Top 24, but was cut was cut yesterday because an old manager said he was under contract and Chris couldn't find the form that showed that he had been released from the contract. He was replaced by Tim Urban. When Garcia and that other guy went to sit in front of the judges and there was supposedly one spot left there were actually two - they didn't show Golightly getting told that he advanced. In the final show of Seacrest surrounded by the Top 24 you can see Golightly off to the right (bushy hair, can't miss him). But when they introduced the contestants and had them do their little dance Tim Urban was shown and Golightly was not.

Chris Golightly's story is as follows, as reported by www.joesplaceblog.com:.

So, I Facebook messaged Chris about an hour ago, on the off chance that he would respond. He just messaged me back, and had no idea who I was, but just gave me his phone number. I wasn’t sure who I was calling, but it was indeed the latest casualty from the American Idol machine, Chris Golightly. NHe actually had no idea who I was, but I told him I wrote a Idol Blog, mentioned the blog and I heard crickets. But he wants his story out there. Here’s a brief rundown of what has happened in Chris’ life.:

(This was all that was told to my by Chris, I have not checked over anything – no fact checking. I just told him I would post whatever he wanted me to say)

Chris had an old contract with a Boy Band. That contract expired in June on 2009. Chris then auditioned in July for American Idol. After the contract had expired. When Chris made it to Hollywood, he had to sign the standard AI contract. It asks if he had any current contracts. Chris answered No.

Chris then makes it to the top 24 in January 2010. He get’s out of his lease at his apartment and has to sell his car to pay the lease fees.

About a week ago, the person that Chris had a Contract previously with called Chris and American Idol and told them that he still had a valid contract. ( I have the managers name, but won’t post it) Chris said that no, he was released from his contract, but couldn’t find his copy of the release

Yesterday there was a flurry of telephone calls between Chris and Patrick Linn, Steve Lowe, Joe Wills and Andy Stinson (All AI, 19, or Fox big wigs).

Patrick Lynn called Chris at 5 pm yesterday and told him that he was out for not proving that he no longer had a valid contract. Patrick Lynn told Chris that he was Patrick’s favorite contestant, but there was nothing he could do.

Right after hanging up the phone, the old manager FINALLY found the contract release. He emailed it to all above as well as to Chris. Now, no one will take his call. They even told him that since he made the top 46, he could not try out again next year (WTF, this is news to me)

Watching Idol for Chris tonight just killed him. They acted as if he never existed, when he gave his heart and soul (not to mention all of his posession’s and his home)

This kid is now sleeping in someone’s garage, with no job and no car. He is meeting with a very prominent attorney tonight at 9:30. He was talking to me while waiting for a ride – since he sold his car for Idol.

I don’t know about you all, but I think that this kid got royally screwed for misplacing a contract release.

Can anything else possibly happen to this kid?

Any major news sources out there? Chris said for me to give you his phone number, so drop me an email at [email protected]

Last edited by Heat; 02-18-10 at 01:52 AM.
Old 02-18-10, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
Chris Golightly's story is as follows, as reported by www.joesplaceblog.com:.
Brutal and sad. Doubley since Tim Urban was a nightmare everytime he was singing and had no business making to Hollywood at all.
Old 02-18-10, 02:17 AM

knowing how important it is to NOT be under a contract, why wouldn't you keep paperwork readily available to show? especially when people have gotten kicked out previously for having contracts (some girl last year, iirc... maybe it was s7). sucks for him, but it's really his own fault. and i didn't like him, so it's fine by me.

i'm rooting for ashley rodriguez, katie stevens, andrew garcia, and lee dewyze. given the heavy screentime for katie and andrew, i'm sure they'll go the farthest, but i'm hoping ashley and lee at least make it to the top 12.
Old 02-18-10, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

They sort of stacked the deck with commercially pretty girls this go-round, and there are maybe 4 guys that should make the top 12, so a few girls will get sent home just based on the equality casting angle for a top 12.
Old 02-18-10, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by shyguy1083
given the heavy screentime for katie and andrew, i'm sure they'll go the farthest
Do you remember who won last year?

It looks like my 2 early picks made it (Andrew and Didi), now let's see how far they go.

Last edited by dino88; 02-18-10 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-18-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'm sort of hot on Janelle, though I don't know if her voice will hold up.

Crystal is going to need a make-over (at least go with some teeth whitening) because she'll need it, though I suspect she'll be able to keep up with the vocals pretty easily, it'll be all about presentation for her.
Old 02-18-10, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
Brutal and sad. Doubley since Tim Urban was a nightmare everytime he was singing and had no business making to Hollywood at all.
Why did he sell his home and his car to be on idol? Is there a new rule that you must be homeless?
Old 02-18-10, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I never heard the guy sing but Chris Golightly was said to be one of the best and would have gone far. So yes, selling his car to get out of his lease wasn't out of the question. Remember, he was definately in the Top 24.

Tim Urban is just cannon-fodder. Maybe he'll suprise me during the first week but I see him leaving the first week, second at the latest.
Old 02-18-10, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The favorites at this point are Ashley Rodriquez and Didi Benami for the girls, and Andrew Garcia for the guys. There are too many unknown guys to really say much about them at this point though.

Speaking of Chris Golightly, Joesplaceblog had another telephone conversation with him:
I talked to Chris Golightly again just now. He has been getting calls from media, but is really overwhelmed and doesn’t know what else to say. He has not been on the internet and has no idea how this story has been picked up. Choking back tears, he just said “I just want the position that I earned”.

The Manager that previously had Chris under contract to be one of the members of boy band “dream 5″, doesn’t sound like he knows what he is doing. This guy seemed to really think that Chris was under contract still when he called Idol last week.

He first found out something was amiss when he received an email from the 19 Attorney sent to the top 24 contestants Attorney stating that “If Chris is in a recording contract, he will be unable to party in the prize”. When Chris got word of this, he contacted the Dream 5 manager and asked what was going on, that he was going to get disqualified because of what the manager was stating. Chris told him that his contract was over June of 2009. The manager then started doing some actual digging, and found Chris contract release dated June, 2009.

The manager then send Chris an apology and forwarded a copy of the release to everyone involved. This happened, however, after Idol had informed Chris of his disqualification and brought back Tim Urban.

Then, instead of disqualifying Chris for actually having a contract when he did not, Idol then told Chris that he was being disqualified for being “dishonest” and not revealing a prior contract. Chris states that he did indeed tell the producers on September 3, 2009 (his birthday and when he made it to Hollywood) while they were doing the background interview on him, that he did have a prior contract, but he was released in June and had no current contract.

To me, this sounds like Idol really thought that Chris may have been involved in a contract, and decided to play “better safe than sorry” and cut him. This initially wasn’t Idol’s fault. I can completely understand why they disqualified him.

However, if indeed he did tell the background investigators about his prior contract, then this all just boils down to a big mistake initiated by Chris’ former manager.

I vote for a top 13 boys. I think that this would only be fair, however, sadly, I really don’t see it happening. Idol has it’s mind made up.

This kid gave up or sold everything to take his shot at living his dream, something musicians do every day. The sad part is though, if accurate, sounds like a mistake cost him his dream.
Old 02-20-10, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, bad luck continues....

http://www.bvblackspin.com/2010/02/1...kiest-woman%2F
Old 02-20-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I like how they lump getting put in jail as bad luck.
Old 02-20-10, 12:25 PM
Suspended

They need to stop doing those damn fake outs when telling contestants whether they've made the cut or not (whether in the hotel rooms, or the top 24). Once in awhile was fine, but now it's every...single...time.

It just makes the judges look like rambling fools now. That dramatic pause is awkward, not dramatic.

And poor Angela Martin. I have to believe there's something wonderful down the road for her.

Will there be wildcards this year? Maybe she'll be asked back.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.