Search this Thread

Old 02-11-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Supernatural -- "My Bloody Valentine" -- 02/11/10

Supernatural

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Lovers start killing each other on Valentine's Day, and Sam and Dean believe Cupid is responsible, so they attempt to track him down.

Like The Vampire Diaries, this is the last new episode until March 25.

Interesting episode title considering Jensen starred in this movie last year.
Old 02-11-10, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Re: Supernatural -- "My Bloody Valentine" -- 02/11/10

You know they're gonna take a jab at that movie like they did with House Of Wax some episodes ago.
Old 02-11-10, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I just hope they license some songs by the band called My Bloody Valentine for this episode.
Old 02-11-10, 04:20 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

CW will likely announce renewals for several of their shows in the next few weeks (everything but OTH, Lux and Melrose Place)...and Supernatural is probably one of them. So watch this guys! They will need advance notice if they are going to continue or not as they only have a few unwritten episodes left!
Old 02-12-10, 12:22 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

"Unattached Drifter Christmas"

Pretty good episode. Nice job of throwing people off thinking it was going to be a filler episode about Cupid and then having the second horseman show up.

Some of those scenes were pretty gross, the cook eating the fries out of his burnt hands being chief among them.
Old 02-12-10, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The deaths this episode were great.

Cas was great this ep. From showing up before the end of the call to his eating raw meat while Sam was kicking ass.

Originally Posted by MrX
Nice job of throwing people off thinking it was going to be a filler episode about Cupid and then having the second horseman show up.
That was awesome. They've done that more than a few times the past few seasons. The little preview and synopsis led you to believe the episode would be a one-off but it turned out to be a part of the bigger plot.
Old 02-12-10, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

"I'm here."
"I see."
"I'm going to hang up now."
"Yeah."

Old 02-12-10, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The french fry eater was great. The opening with the cannibal making out was pretty good too.

Originally Posted by LickTheABCs
That was awesome. They've done that more than a few times the past few seasons. The little preview and synopsis led you to believe the episode would be a one-off but it turned out to be a part of the bigger plot.
They did kind of spoil it with the "then" because they showed clips from the War episode and them cutting off his ring.
Old 02-12-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked the episode but thought there was a bit of a plot hole in that Cas was affected by his host body's cravings, but the demon-possessed people were not affected by whatever their host bodies craved. It seemed like all possessed people should've been affected as well.
Old 02-12-10, 10:13 AM
Cool New Member

Didn't Kripke say that all the Horsemen were going to be driving classic Mustangs like War did?

Kinda disappointing to see Famine roll up in an Escalade instead of say, a black 69 Boss 429. Still Famine was pretty damn creepy though.

Thought the deal with Dean, and Sam back on the blood sucking should prove interesting later down the road as well.
Old 02-12-10, 01:17 PM

I thought that bald unknown soul collector was a silent mock at the unknown bald guy in Fringe. I don't think it turned out to be the case but it made me wonder with the initial two scenes.

I stopped watching Fringe early in season one so I have no idea if he's still a mystery or not.
Old 02-12-10, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by stopgap
I thought that bald unknown soul collector was a silent mock at the unknown bald guy in Fringe. I don't think it turned out to be the case but it made me wonder with the initial two scenes.

I stopped watching Fringe early in season one so I have no idea if he's still a mystery or not.
Give Fringe another chance. I think it started out kinda iffy but has turned into a great show.

I enjoyed Supernatural this week.
Both Creepy and Funny.
Old 02-12-10, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
CW will likely announce renewals for several of their shows in the next few weeks (everything but OTH, Lux and Melrose Place)...and Supernatural is probably one of them. So watch this guys! They will need advance notice if they are going to continue or not as they only have a few unwritten episodes left!
They already said there'd be a season 6 weeks ago.
Old 02-12-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had heard that it had already been renewed too.
Old 02-13-10, 05:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

um... not sure how I feel about it being renewed. I mean it is my fav show out there right now, but if they try to drag this story line out for another season that might be a little too much. Alternatively, where do you go from here if they wrap this up. We'll see, maybe they can do something good w/ it but sometimes IMHO it is better to go out on a high note...
Old 02-13-10, 06:09 AM
DVD Talk Hero

In a previous thread someone posted a video interview with Kripke. In it he stated that Apocalypse story arc ends this season. He suggested that next season would most likely be Sam and Dean mopping up the leftover mess. Kripke also offered the possibly that deities of of other cultures and religion might take umbrage towards the angels and demons of the christian faith jump-starting the Apocalypse.
Old 02-13-10, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nemein
um... not sure how I feel about it being renewed. I mean it is my fav show out there right now, but if they try to drag this story line out for another season that might be a little too much. Alternatively, where do you go from here if they wrap this up. We'll see, maybe they can do something good w/ it but sometimes IMHO it is better to go out on a high note...
Come on, this is on the CW it brings in good ratings for them and is one of the rare shows that is actually getting better ratings with each season. The CW will keep this show around as long as it keeps making them money like Smallville.
Old 02-13-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, this ep was gross. I just made my dinner, and sat down to enjoy some SPN...which was a huge mistake. Gross, but still great.

I really love how far the brothers Winchester are being pushed. It seems so hopeless, but unlike Buffy s6, is still enjoyable.
Old 02-13-10, 11:12 AM

LOVED this episode! It was very gross, creepy and funny. Famine could be done so many ways and this version really worked. I haven't liked the twist on a familiar myth so much since the tooth fairy. LOL

I thought it was said that this would be the final season but I'm happy to hear that it is not. I would miss it a lot.
Old 02-13-10, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by The Iron Chef
Didn't Kripke say that all the Horsemen were going to be driving classic Mustangs like War did?
All I remember him saying was that War's red "horse" was going to be a classic red Mustang. Maybe it was just rumored up on the Internets that they all were going to be Mustangs, but that's now clearly not the case.

And Kripke definitely seems to be sticking to the colors for the "horses" with these first two Horsemen (red and black). So the final two "horses" will be white and pale.
Old 02-13-10, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by actionjackson29
Come on, this is on the CW it brings in good ratings for them and is one of the rare shows that is actually getting better ratings with each season. The CW will keep this show around as long as it keeps making them money like Smallville.
I know why they'll do it, and unfortunately they'll probably run it into the ground like what happens w/ a lot of good series
Old 02-14-10, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by riley_dude
Give Fringe another chance. I think it started out kinda iffy but has turned into a great show.
I may someday. I was really looking forward to the show as it had X-Files 'DNA'. I really tried but didn't care about the two leads or what happened to them. There was no chemistry at all.

Definitely not a Mulder/Sculley scenario.
Old 02-14-10, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^Whatever might have been lacking before I think they've fixed because Josh Jackson and Anna Torv have some great chemistry IMO.
Old 02-14-10, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This episode gives the saying "I'd eat her to the rib cage " new meaning.
Old 02-15-10, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had to fast forward through part of the intro scene. I can usually stomach quite a bit, but that was just disgusting.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.