DVD Talk
Old Dogs, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 1&2 $5/$10 Coupons [Archive] - Page 2 - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Old Dogs, Princess & the Frog, Toy Story 1&2 $5/$10 Coupons

Pages : 1 [2] 3

sotra
03-12-10, 07:34 AM
I install the coupon printer, but then nothing happens.

Make sure your default printer is a local one and not a network one. I had to close firefox and restart windows before it worked for me. Also make sure all blockers etc are turned off for the site. Hope that works.

Snowmaker
03-12-10, 07:38 AM
Make sure your default printer is a local one and not a network one. I had to close firefox and restart windows before it worked for me. Also make sure all blockers etc are turned off for the site. Hope that works.

I only have network ones here at work.

I got it to work. I uninstalled the coupon printer, opened a new IE window, and went through the whole procedure again and it worked.

Decker
03-13-10, 08:34 AM
Great deal from Target ad (3/21-3/27):

Toy Story Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack <<<< $19.99
Toy Story 2 Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack <<<< $19.99
Get $10 off if you purchase both + includes DVD game in each pack

Add in those two $5 Disney coupons and you'll have both movies for $19.99 + tax. If you got the upgrade coupons, it would be $4 + tax for both (assuming Target would allow two manufacturer's coupons on a single item -- don't know if they do). Wow.

Trevor
03-13-10, 09:00 AM
Per their written rules, they only allow one Target and one manufacturer's coupon per item, but YMMV obviously.

I really need to get off my butt and mail-in for those upgrade coupons.

Pizza
03-13-10, 09:12 AM

Add in those two $5 Disney coupons and you'll have both movies for $19.99 + tax. If you got the upgrade coupons, it would be $4 + tax for both (assuming Target would allow two manufacturer's coupons on a single item -- don't know if they do). Wow.

I know where I'm going for my Toy Story blu-rays. And to think I almost ordered them from Amazon.

komsik
03-13-10, 09:19 AM
Saw this at SD for Princess and the Frog:

Toys R Us:

$10 - Pre-order Toy Story 1 & 2
$26.99 - Princess & the Frog Blu-ray
-$10 - $10 Princess & the Frog IP
-$15 - $15 off any Disney DVD/Blu-ray when you pre-order Toy Story 1 & 2
$11.99 + tax

I have barely ever shopped at Toys r us and never used coupons there, anyone know if the -15 off is instant or I also heard they give a coupon to use later but if that is the case can you use 2 coupons on one item there?

kenbenobi
03-13-10, 09:46 AM
Saw this at SD for Princess and the Frog:

Toys R Us:

$10 - Pre-order Toy Story 1 & 2
$26.99 - Princess & the Frog Blu-ray
-$10 - $10 Princess & the Frog IP
-$15 - $15 off any Disney DVD/Blu-ray when you pre-order Toy Story 1 & 2
$11.99 + tax

I have barely ever shopped at Toys r us and never used coupons there, anyone know if the -15 off is instant or I also heard they give a coupon to use later but if that is the case can you use 2 coupons on one item there?
Sure, but how much is TRU going to charge for TS 1 and 2? This is potentially a good deal, but I'd really like to know the TS prices before I commit...

komsik
03-13-10, 10:15 AM
Sure, but how much is TRU going to charge for TS 1 and 2? This is potentially a good deal, but I'd really like to know the TS prices before I commit...

I'm not sure how much but if it works it seems like the best deal so far for Princess and the Frog even if you don't pick up the pre-orders and lose your deposit you basically paid $10 so you could get $15 off.

magicalwands
03-13-10, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure how much but if it works it seems like the best deal so far for Princess and the Frog even if you don't pick up the pre-orders and lose your deposit you basically paid $10 so you could get $15 off.

It took me awhile to take in the fact that pre-ordering both Toy Stories gets me $5 off the DVD/Blu-Ray I am buying now. I'm thinking of getting a bunch of movies just to get $5 off of them :D

If Toys R Us prices Princess and the Frog at $30 or less, they would definitely have the best price.

sumdeus
03-13-10, 01:59 PM
Picked up Old Dogs 1-Disc Blu-ray for $9.99 at BJ's earlier today.

$24.99
-$5 instant rebate at checkout
-$10 printable coupon mentioned in the Blu-ray forum

I wasn't sure if the printable coupon would work since it said it was for the 3-disc combo but it scanned and worked fine.

acdcrocks1980
03-13-10, 02:18 PM
I think target works, if you have multiple items. So if you buy the 2 blus, and a couple candy bars everything should scan. Whenever I've been to target, they try scanning, and if it doesn't scan they say "Only 1 manufacture per item". So if both coupons scan, its smooth sailing

Jgh8x
03-13-10, 02:33 PM
I guess we're all waiting for the Toy Story films' prices at Toys R Us to be announced before making a purchase decision? We should know by the end of the week next week before the $26.99 price on the Princess and the Frog runs out.

acdcrocks1980
03-13-10, 02:58 PM
I guess we're all waiting for the Toy Story films' prices at Toys R Us to be announced before making a purchase decision? We should know by the end of the week next week before the $26.99 price on the Princess and the Frog runs out.
I think Target is still the better deal, with upgrade coupons, the Toy Stories come out to $2 each....

whotony
03-13-10, 03:13 PM

Per their written rules, they only allow one Target and one manufacturer's coupon per item, but YMMV obviously.

I really need to get off my butt and mail-in for those upgrade coupons.

I think Target is still the better deal, with upgrade coupons, the Toy Stories come out to $2 each....
This only works if the cashier doesn't know any better.
What is the key button they are supposed to push to make additional coupons work?

Sweet Baby James
03-13-10, 04:26 PM
I think target works, if you have multiple items. So if you buy the 2 blus, and a couple candy bars everything should scan. Whenever I've been to target, they try scanning, and if it doesn't scan they say "Only 1 manufacture per item". So if both coupons scan, its smooth sailing

This is correct. All of the coupons scanned for Monsters, Inc./Up after I included a Gatorade in the mix.:)

leandra
03-14-10, 12:12 PM
Did anyone find a price cheaper than 26.99 for the combo pack of TPATF? If you are interested there is a $5.00 rebate for the movie if you buy bandaids.
bandaid.com/disney.jsp

whotony
03-14-10, 12:15 PM
This is correct. All of the coupons scanned for Monsters, Inc./Up after I included a Gatorade in the mix.:)

Great so if it goes as planned both Toys for total $4.

Sweet Baby James
03-14-10, 01:09 PM
Great so if it goes as planned both Toys for total $4.

That's the hope. The nice thing this time around is that there is no need to price-match. Last time, I had to get them to PM Monsters, Inc. to Best Buy's price.

pinata242
03-14-10, 01:37 PM
Ok, real quick, tell me where this extra $8/title discount is coming from? An upgrade rebate?

Decker
03-14-10, 01:39 PM
Ok, real quick, tell me where this extra $8/title discount is coming from? An upgrade rebate?
-ohbfrank- noob.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566025-upgrade-disney-blu-ray-get-8-coupon.html

pinata242
03-14-10, 02:12 PM
Thanks, Decky. I've never seen that thread before.

Going through that list, I found 8 titles that I'm pretty sure I've upgraded (including TS1&2 next week).

pinata242
03-14-10, 02:22 PM
Oh, so this is a mail-in for coupons to use later? You can't use it on previous upgrades for cash-money? Lame. How long does it take to get the coupons from Disney?

whotony
03-14-10, 02:38 PM
people have mentioned, in that other thread how long it took to get the coupon.

AmityBoatTours
03-14-10, 11:57 PM
Finally its letting me print from home again, so good now i can get rid of my b&w coupons i printed at work, as i have less headaches using the coupons when they are in color and the cashier can see the disney watermark behind the save 10.00

joltman
03-15-10, 07:13 AM
I was thinking about using the P&tF coupon at Best Buy since I have some RZ certs to use. Has anyone EVER used one of these printed out Disney coupons there without getting any hassle? It seems every time I read about someone using it there, it doesn't go smoothly.

sotra
03-15-10, 07:19 AM
I was thinking about using the P&tF coupon at Best Buy since I have some RZ certs to use. Has anyone EVER used one of these printed out Disney coupons there without getting any hassle? It seems every time I read about someone using it there, it doesn't go smoothly.

Just make sure you get the combo pack, but you might have problems with some STUPID employee saying RZ certs or coupon and not both.

Moleman1138
03-15-10, 07:55 AM

the one for surrogates was an absolute nightmare. I mean after all, coupons are like stealing.

rexinnih
03-15-10, 09:09 AM
Used the Ponyo print out at my local BB. The cashier said she had never seen one before but took it without any problem. I told her that Disney is doing this for a few upcoming releases and I'll be using them!

mattyp4
03-15-10, 10:53 AM
Doesn't a $10 (online) coupon code usually make itself available? Or is it solely the print-out coupons? I guess we would have heard about an online code by now. I haven't bought too many Disney Blu-rays, but I remember there were $10 codes for Snow White. I bit on that one. And maybe there was one for Monsters Inc? I remember there being lots of ways to save on Disney Blus from Amazon.

Basically, I want to use the $10 coupon but I hate having to go to the stores. Oh well.

All these pages of posts have left me cross-eyed! What's the best-looking deal for the Princess & The Frog? Can we streamline things a bit?!

Manzana
03-15-10, 11:15 AM
All these pages of posts have left me cross-eyed! What's the best-looking deal for the Princess & The Frog? Can we streamline things a bit?!

Between DVD Talk and Slickdeals, there are probably a couple dozen pages of Disney coupon talk. I agree it's all confusing, and I don't have time to read every page. I skim a few pages and hope I can figure it out.

What I gathered is that Toys R Us might have the best deal with PatF + Toy Story preorders, but the deal was too complicated and too YMMV for me, plus the nearest TRU store is 8 miles out of my way and my past experiences with TRU have generally not been positive. So I'm going to see if the Disney Store will do the $25 PatF deal minus the $10 coupon. If not, I'll pass on it as I have a tough time even paying $15 for a new release Disney BD (especially of a movie I never saw).

There still is an Old Dogs $10 off coupon, but I have no idea who has the best price on the BD pack, and this week's store ads didn't list them that I could see. Anyone know?

For Toy Story 1 & 2, I'm going to hope it works out to $20 for both at Target with $5 off coupons (not yet available) and the Target $10 combo discount. I guess the Ponyo coupon is dead. So that's my best attempt to summarize what I think the current Disney deals are.

lizard
03-15-10, 11:34 AM
Doesn't a $10 (online) coupon code usually make itself available? Or is it solely the print-out coupons? I guess we would have heard about an online code by now. I haven't bought too many Disney Blu-rays, but I remember there were $10 codes for Snow White. I bit on that one. And maybe there was one for Monsters Inc? I remember there being lots of ways to save on Disney Blus from Amazon.

Basically, I want to use the $10 coupon but I hate having to go to the stores. Oh well.

All these pages of posts have left me cross-eyed! What's the best-looking deal for the Princess & The Frog? Can we streamline things a bit?!Amazon had unusually good deals for Snow White in October and for Up, Monsters, Inc., and Cars in November. It was clear that they were trying to compete with the blizzard of coupons. But I haven't noticed much in the way of deals on Disney BDs since then.

Disney seems to be changing strategies somewhat: they are putting out the usual combo pack as well as a plain BD edition. And the deals aren't as good as they were last Fall. So far. While I am not surprised, it is a bit disappointing. I think I'll just Netflix The Princess and the Frog, since I wasn't able to catch it in the theater. If I could have gotten it for $10 or so, I'd just do a "watch and sell".

DirkBelig
03-15-10, 11:48 AM
Sorry, but I'm not going to read 281 posts to get this answered, if it has: Did the coupons for the Toy Story titles go away? I'm just seeing Princess/Frog, Old Dogs, and Baby Einstein coupons. Thanks.

Sweet Baby James
03-15-10, 11:52 AM
Sorry, but I'm not going to read 281 posts to get this answered, if it has: Did the coupons for the Toy Story titles go away? I'm just seeing Princess/Frog, Old Dogs, and Baby Einstein coupons. Thanks.
They won't go live until this weekend. Check the link on Friday or Saturday.

mattyp4
03-15-10, 11:55 AM
Thanks Manzana & lizard.

Yeah, I agree that the Toys R Us plan is way too complicated. Not worth it just to save a few bucks. Pre-ordering with a deposit sounds so antiquated. That's so 1995! (Plus I live in NYC so that would mean going to the ridiculous Toys R Us store in Times Square- NOT happening.)

I guess last fall's flurry of on-line coupons got me excited. Snatching up Snow White for $10 was great. I didn't get the others, but I assumed that I'd be paying around $10 for all future Disney Blus! I guess that was just wishful thinking.

The $10 off coupon for Princess & the Frog is tempting... I didn't see it in the theaters either so I could have justified a $10 blind buy. But I dunno if a $17-20 price tag will be worth it.

I'll definitely buy Toy Story 1. Maybe 2, but only if I have to buy both to get the deal. They seem totally worth it.

DirkBelig
03-15-10, 12:24 PM
They won't go live until this weekend. Check the link on Friday or Saturday.Gotcha. I didn't realize until after I posted this that the Target sale is NEXT week. Thanks,

Manzana
03-15-10, 12:31 PM
Looks like I'll be passing on PatF BD. I called the Disney Store (glad I didn't waste my time going there), and I was told they were all out of lithographs at all area stores and wouldn't give rainchecks, and if I use the $10 off PatF BD Disney coupon they would NOT give me the $10 off Disney Store coupon. So screw it. I haven't seen the movie, so I'll survive without it for a year or two until the normal BD combo price goes under $15.

There's a very small chance I could get Target to take the $3 off BD coupon (that supposedly only applies to 4 titles) or Best Buy to take the $10 off coupon for the single BD release, but I doubt it.

pinata242
03-15-10, 12:37 PM
Why not just use the $10 coupon at Target or BB where the combo price is only $26.99, making it a net of $17 on release day? :hscratch:

It's a great movie and fits in perfectly with all the classic Disney Princess titles.

Snowmaker
03-15-10, 12:55 PM
Why not just use the $10 coupon at Target or BB where the combo price is only $26.99, making it a net of $17 on release day? :hscratch:

It's a great movie and fits in perfectly with all the classic Disney Princess titles.

That's what I intend to do, unless Walmart somehow has it even cheaper tomorrow morning.

The Monkees
03-15-10, 01:26 PM
I'm confused as to how these $5 coupons for Toy Story work. Is $5 for each movie or $5 off completely if you buy both of them?

Decker
03-15-10, 01:34 PM
I'm confused as to how these $5 coupons for Toy Story work. Is $5 for each movie or $5 off completely if you buy both of them?

$5 off each. In addition, Target is taking $10 off when you buy both together.

Manzana
03-15-10, 01:55 PM

Honestly... because it's $17 and I'm really firm on not paying more than $15 for a new release BD, and I prefer $10. I remember thinking I got good deals on Tinkerbell, Pinocchio, and Snow White BDs around $15 only to see Amazon sell them for around $10. Then Monsters, Up, and G-Force made me not want to pay more than $10 each. Hopefully the same will happen at Amazon with PatF on BF 2010 (but it usually only happens on titles I already own).

Also, I know that others will have gotten it for $15 at the Disney Store with 4 lithographs and a $10 off store coupon to use on other stuff, so I'd feel ripped off already having missed that deal (which I didn't even know about until today). If PatF were my favorite movie of all time, maybe I could break that $15 rule, but I've never even seen it, and I doubt it'll rank that high. When you're as backlogged as I am on unwatched movies, one can be a stickler on price.

pinata242
03-15-10, 02:01 PM
You could always try to add on this 10% off coupon at BB: http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=339770&d=1268263417

$26.99 - 10% = $24.29 - $10 = $14.29 + (tax on $24.29).

YMMV getting them to use the 10% on a "sale price", but it shouldn't be an issue with the $10 PatF coupon.

darkhawk
03-15-10, 02:12 PM
You could always try to add on this 10% off coupon at BB: http://slickdeals.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=339770&d=1268263417

$26.99 - 10% = $24.29 - $10 = $14.29 + (tax on $24.29).

YMMV getting them to use the 10% on a "sale price", but it shouldn't be an issue with the $10 PatF coupon.

BB won't except the 10% because the $26.99 price is a sale price. They don't except coupons with sale items.

pinata242
03-15-10, 02:49 PM
In my experience (and granted I don't buy many new any more), it's very YMMV. Sometimes the computer takes it, sometimes it doesn't. That's what I'm going to try and it if doesn't work, I'm fine with $16.99. I was just offering a little more help to somebody with a price barrier.

cknance9
03-15-10, 07:11 PM
Where do you find the coupons for the Toy Story movies?

bd...?
03-15-10, 07:15 PM
Re: The Disney Store 10.00 coupon, ymmv. I contacted my local disney store here in gilbert and they said at first they were not accepting the coupon but now will. so I can get it for 14.99 there and get a 10.00 coupon to spend on anything in the store, of course no blu rays though. They are out of lithographs as well

ozzfan84
03-15-10, 07:24 PM
Will TRU actually let you use the Toy Story $15 promo in combination with the Disney coupon?

BuckNaked2k
03-15-10, 08:00 PM
Has there been any further information on whether TRU will have a peel-off $10 coupon for buying both movies?

I see that Target has one, a la Monsters, Inc., and Up.

komsik
03-15-10, 08:47 PM
Will TRU actually let you use the Toy Story $15 promo in combination with the Disney coupon?

Sounds like it should not be a problem. I am going to give it a shot first thing in the morning if they give me any problems I will try and complain that the coupon is a form of payment and that they have the coupon advertised in their weekly ad.

Some people on another site have a way more complicated plan where they pre-ordered, get the free jewelery box and then go back get the deposit, discount, and coupon taken off and then get a free frog toy also because the original price of PATF was over $30. Hopefully it works for them but I think I will stick with the simple plan and hopefully get it for $11.99+ tax.

jwb0323
03-15-10, 08:55 PM
Giant Eagle will have it for 24.99 plus free pack of bottled water.

NiCK Crush
03-15-10, 09:04 PM
Where do you find the coupons for the Toy Story movies?

the same place you find all the other coupons. but you probably read the thread and found that out yourself by now, no?

noazrk
03-16-10, 03:43 AM
I'm picking up Princess & the Frog at Target tomorrow....err today because they NEVER hassle me over these Disney printable coupons AND their BD versions come bundled with a Target exclusive Princess Tiara purse! Now now, I'm not excited about the purse but my 6 yr. old daughter will be. This BD combo pack + the purse will make her Easter Basket! I'm going to try and slip in a $3 off Disney coupon since the smaller print lists the titles, it's worth a shot.

Also, don't forget about the Band-Aid $5 rebate + Target online has $1 off Band-Aids coupons that match with ones in the paper. I'm getting $2.50 off the Band-Aids so the rebate should just make those free or more depending on the price.

Btw, if any store hassles you about the coupon there is a note to retailers that they can authenticate the coupon at veri-fi.com. I guess BB managers don't feel like getting on the internet?

I'm glad someone mentioned the Disney Upgrade to Blu-Ray $8 coupon for Toy Story 1/2 as Disney recently added that.

BUT keep in mind they take at least 2 weeks if not 3-4 to email us the coupons.....at least they did with my first batch.

I actually just sent in the DVD proofs for TS 1&2 + the first Pirates movie last week so I hope I get the emails in time as I'm going to try and use both coupons. They ran out of the first Pirates movie on sale for $13 so I have a rain check, when I get my $8 coupon I can upgrade it for only $5 and get $2-3 trade credit for the DVD at a used place. You can print off two upgrade coupons per computer btw, in case some of you want to give away $8 Blu-Ray coupons to friends/family.

Noah

AmityBoatTours
03-16-10, 04:05 AM
Btw, if any store hassles you about the coupon there is a note to retailers that they can authenticate the coupon at veri-fi.com. I guess BB managers don't feel like getting on the internet?

Just make sure they enter the correct number, I actually posted my story ( ithink it was either here or on one of the other fourms under my screenname their)about the dipsh!ts at bestbuy first accused me of trying to commit coupon fraud using what they said was a copy and then when i told them to verifi it at the veri-fi.com like it says to do on the coupn they "ACCIDENTALY" enterd the wrong number then tried to say it showed it as not valid.
it says right on the site so they can see its the number under the dot bar scan under the experation date.

i was finnally begrudgingly allowed to use it.
target doesnt give any issues with it cause unlike bestbuy they can actually scan coupons presented.

Snowmaker
03-16-10, 09:35 AM
I just read someone was able to use the $10 coupon on the 1-disk BD at Target. He said it scanned, no problem.

fidodido
03-16-10, 10:02 AM
I tried to hit a Disney Store yesterday to "pre-order" the combo pack and was told by the cashier that the coupon meant that it was $10 off IF you make a non-movie purchase WITH the Combo Pack. I tried to explain her that she was mistaken, but she decided not to be reasonable about it. So, I gave up and said "I see." It wasn't worth arguing with her over a $2 difference between them and Target/Best Buy.

But I'm starting to think that I may pass on PatF entirely. In California, when you factor in sales tax, you're looking at $19.62 after the coupon. I'm willing to pay $15 for PatF, but $20 with a coupon is a terrible price.

dkedvd
03-16-10, 10:16 AM
I got my PATF for only $10.00! The $10.00 off coupon works towards the single Blu-ray as well (listed at $19.99 at Target)! Also got Astro Boy (DVD) for $3.00. The $16.00 off redplum coupon worked for the individual title. I didn't have to buy all four.

kstublen
03-16-10, 10:51 AM

When I tried to use the Ponyo coupon at Best Buy the manager actually did go online and try to verify it. He said that the coupon was not valid. I'm pretty sure he didn't verify it correctly because I walked upstairs to Target and the coupon worked.

Snowmaker
03-16-10, 11:04 AM
The $10 coupon does not even scan at Best Buy, they had to manually enter it. $18.61 total. Not the best deal on a Disney release, but not too bad.

pinata242
03-16-10, 11:12 AM
The Target coin purse us very nice. One of my daughters will be thrilled. The other jealous. I wonder which is my favorite today.

dkedvd
03-16-10, 11:14 AM
The coupon works for the single Blu-ray as well. Bringing it to only $10.00 at Target!

kstublen
03-16-10, 11:18 AM
The Target coin purse us very nice. One of my daughters will be thrilled. The other jealous. I wonder which is my favorite today.

lol if you want I can send you mine. I really have no use for a child's coin purse.

TM63975
03-16-10, 11:23 AM
is the coin purse like literally attached to all the blu rays? I wonder if it messes up the packaging... Does it come with the single disc blu ray? Does the single disc blu ray come with a slip cover?

dkedvd
03-16-10, 11:26 AM
is the coin purse like literally attached to all the blu rays? I wonder if it messes up the packaging... Does it come with the single disc blu ray? Does the single disc blu ray come with a slip cover?
Its not attached to the artwork. The Blu case sits in a slot in the casing for the purse. If that made any sense.

kstublen
03-16-10, 11:27 AM

It is attached in a pretty novel way actually; it comes in a plastic case that slips on the bottom of the Blu-ray. It easily slips off without damaging the case or slipcover. In fact, I think due to the coin purse it prevents them from putting it into those annoying clamshell security cases.

I don't recall if the single disc Blu-ray had a slipcover though.

TM63975
03-16-10, 11:28 AM
uh.. not really but thanks for trying haha.

so does the single disc blu ray come with a slipcover? or no?

dkedvd
03-16-10, 11:29 AM
I don't recall if the single disc Blu-ray had a slipcover though.

It does

Snowmaker
03-16-10, 11:29 AM
so does the single disc blu ray come with a slipcover? Or no?

Yes

dkedvd
03-16-10, 11:30 AM
uh.. not really but thanks for trying haha.

so does the single disc blu ray come with a slipcover? or no?

Yes. I'm looking at my $10.00 copy now!

Mr.Briggs
03-16-10, 11:42 AM
Coupon worked fine at Best Buy but they didn't get ANY of the books in (was first one in the door!!!!). Gotta call back later to see if they got any on today's truck. I hate having to make two trips. They should give me gas money.

Snowmaker
03-16-10, 11:43 AM
Coupon worked fine at Best Buy but they didn't get ANY of the books in (was first one in the door!!!!). Gotta call back later to see if they got any on today's truck. I hate having to make two trips. They should give me gas money.

I wonder if ANY store got them? My 2 stores did not have them, but I bought the movie anyway.

rexinnih
03-16-10, 11:51 AM
Just got back from Target and no problem with the coupon. The cashier did confirm that I was buying the 3 disc per the coupon so looks like they are aware it's for the bundle pack-cashier even said I was the second person this morning to use it.

kurtzp
03-16-10, 12:21 PM
It worked for me as well. The Disney $10 coupon works for the single edition Target blu-ray of PatF.

Manzana
03-16-10, 12:29 PM
Has anyone compared the single disc BD edition vs. the BD combo pack? As long as the BD combo pack does not contain any extras or supplements not found on the single disc BD edition, I'm OK with the single disc BD.

BTW, at Target you pay tax BEFORE the $10 off coupon, so it's a little bit more than $9.99 + tax.

Jgh8x
03-16-10, 12:30 PM
I can also confirm to have gotten The Princess and the Frog one disc BLU for 10.99 out the door at Target with the $10 Manufacturer's coupon.

Jgh8x
03-16-10, 12:30 PM
The single BLU and combo BLU are identical, with the combo having the additional DVD and Digital Copy.

Maxflier
03-16-10, 12:35 PM
No slip cover for the 3-disc? WTF?

The Cow
03-16-10, 12:41 PM

Huh? Mine has a slip cover. (from Target)

WMAangel
03-16-10, 12:41 PM

Huh? :confused:
There definitely IS a slipcover for the 3-disc combo pack version...unless you bought yours at one of those crappy Walmarts or Targets that decided to remove all the slipcovers before they put them on the shelves....

Snowmaker
03-16-10, 12:43 PM
Has anyone compared the single disc BD edition vs. the BD combo pack? As long as the BD combo pack does not contain any extras or supplements not found on the single disc BD edition, I'm OK with the single disc BD.

If it wasn't for the TV/DVD player combo in my daughter's playroom, I probably would have gone this route as well.

I've yet to see one without it.

Maxflier
03-16-10, 12:48 PM
Ok, I just saw the ones Wal*Mart had on the shelf. I didn't know they started robbing people of slip covers. Although they did have slipcovers on the regular Blu-Ray version. Why pull the slipcover from one and not the other?

pinata242
It's amazing to me that I must be the only one that doesn't care at all about slipcovers. They come off and I store them in a box in the attic. But I only do that because I thought one day I'd sell stuff off and people would want those. Since I don't sell anyway, I really should just throw the useless garbage away.

Manzana
The single BLU and combo BLU are identical, with the combo having the additional DVD and Digital Copy.

Thanks. Did you compare the features between the editions based on a review? I haven't had time to search for reviews yet. Someone posted in another thread that there were differences in extras, but I'm skeptical since his post had errors.

pinata242
03-16-10, 12:50 PM
I really can't imagine they'd do two different pressings of the Blu-Ray disc.

Jgh8x
03-16-10, 12:57 PM
Thanks. Did you compare the features between the editions based on a review? I haven't had time to search for reviews yet. Someone posted in another thread that there were differences in extras, but I'm skeptical since his post had errors.

I compared my single disc BLU from the menu with the list of the features in the combo pack...they are identical.

WMAangel
03-16-10, 01:00 PM
I really can't imagine they'd do two different pressings of the Blu-Ray disc.

I used to think that too, except last week the BD included with the combo pack version of OLD DOGS actually was a different pressing (with a few additional extras) than the single disc OLD DOGS BD.....

rexinnih
03-16-10, 01:01 PM

Mine came with one also. (From Target)

Dusty Bottoms
03-16-10, 01:02 PM
I picked up the combo this morning at Toys 'R Us for $10.99 plus tax with the Toy Story 1 & 2 pre-order deal. The cashier couldn't get the $15 pre-order discount to show up, so she called over another employee. I also had the $10 off manufacturer's coupon. At first she didn't think the $15 discount applied today until I pointed it out on the pre-order card. After a couple of attempts to make the discounts work, she finally just manuallly fixed the price and charged me $10.99 plus tax including my Toy Story deposits. It charged tax on the discounted amount, so I walked out with the combo for $11.65. The girl at the register mentioned that I got a good deal, and that it was a little bit cheaper than it should have been.

komsik
03-16-10, 01:07 PM
Got the BD Combo at Toys R Us including the Jewelry Box thing for $13.xx including tax.

It didn't go as smooth as I thought it would but the people at my local TRU were very helpful, if this was at any other store they probably would have told me to f-off for wasting their time but they were nice the whole time trying to figure out the problem. :thumbsup:

The problem was that the Toy Story pre-orders did not take the $15 off even before they rang up the coupon. One lady even tried to ring up a different Disney movie and it still didn't take it off, not sure how they eventually got it to ring up correctly but I was grateful for them taking the time to figure it out.

Also I'm not sure if it was just my local TRU but they handed me the pre-order bonus right off the bat even though I never pre-ordered it.

WMAangel
03-16-10, 01:45 PM
I picked up the combo this morning at Toys 'R Us for $10.99 plus tax with the Toy Story 1 & 2 pre-order deal. The cashier couldn't get the $15 pre-order discount to show up, so she called over another employee. I also had the $10 off manufacturer's coupon. At first she didn't think the $15 discount applied today until I pointed it out on the pre-order card. After a couple of attempts to make the discounts work, she finally just manuallly fixed the price and charged me $10.99 plus tax including my Toy Story deposits. It charged tax on the discounted amount, so I walked out with the combo for $11.65. The girl at the register mentioned that I got a good deal, and that it was a little bit cheaper than it should have been.

Oh boy, let me tell you my story from today....I got the POTF BD combo pack and the two Toy Story pre-orders at TRU this morning for only $2.59....

How you might ask? Because the people who work at my local TRU ARE STUPID, that's how.....after ringing up the two pre-orders, the POTF BD combo pack, and taking the $10 off coupon, the cashier told me the total was $28.34...I explained that I should be getting $15 taken off of POTF for pre-ordering the two upcoming TS releases (as CLEARLY stated on the ticket), and then preceded to have to argue about it as they kept trying to tell me that I didn't get the $15 off until when I come back in to pick up the Toy Story BDs....finally, after talking to the store manager (who tried to say their own pre-printed pre-order tickets were a "misprint" to say you'd get $15 off TODAY :brickwl2:), they relented and gave me the $15 off, but then the cashier somehow took the $10 off coupon again, so my final total was $1.99 plus tax = $2.59.....

Usually, I would be honest enough to point out their error (as I would have been happy paying the $11.99 I expected the total to be), but this is not the first time I have had to go through the frustration of getting this particular TRU to honor their own pre-order offers (hello, Snow White and the free $5 gift card debacle)....I almost felt like I deserved an additional $10 off for the additional hassle they cause!! :mad:

Kent2000
03-16-10, 02:01 PM
Ha ha, and you probably would have had to argue with them for another 20 minutes regarding their second mistake, which probably would have annoyed them further. Best thing you could have done was walk away with a great deal!

randyba
03-16-10, 02:16 PM
Anyone having success getting the coupon page to load this morning?

BSTNFAN
03-16-10, 02:20 PM
I wonder if ANY store got them? My 2 stores did not have them, but I bought the movie anyway.

Mine got them (via FedEx) while I was there just before noon.

JediJones
03-16-10, 02:31 PM
the same place you find all the other coupons. but you probably read the thread and found that out yourself by now, no?

Nope...went to the link and there's nothing there except Princess and the Frog, Old Dogs and Baby Einstein. Did they take down the Toy Story coupon already?

kstublen
03-16-10, 02:33 PM
Nope...went to the link and there's nothing there except Princess and the Frog, Old Dogs and Baby Einstein. Did they take down the Toy Story coupon already?

This is really getting irritating. On any given page in this thread you can find the answer. These coupons do not go live until a few days before release date. They are not there now, but will be in a few days.

JediJones
03-16-10, 02:40 PM
Thanks. Went back a couple pages before posting and didn't see it. But this info should be on the first page of the thread instead of a link that doesn't work. Not that the deal is dead but it's clearly "unborn." I think we're all assuming the "valid between" label refers to the date shown on the coupon, not the date it will be available for printing.

Moopher
03-16-10, 02:52 PM
It's amazing to me that I must be the only one that doesn't care at all about slipcovers. They come off and I store them in a box in the attic. But I only do that because I thought one day I'd sell stuff off and people would want those. Since I don't sell anyway, I really should just throw the useless garbage away.

Hey man, if you're interested in selling any of them, I'd be glad to take some off your hands.

fireiceguy
03-16-10, 03:03 PM
Just came back from Target and got the one-disc Blu-ray with the coupon. Had a little big of hesitation from the cashier as she was trying to match the image of the Blu-ray to the coupon. I, with my sly voice, said, "Nah nah, go ahead and scan it. If it doesn't scan, it's ok."

She still wasn't sure and asked the manager, and the manager said it was ok. Now that's an uber Bingo!

$11.74 out the door.

bd...?
03-16-10, 03:28 PM

:up:

Sweet Baby James
03-16-10, 03:47 PM
Anyone having success getting the coupon page to load this morning?

No problems whatsoever in printing out the coupon today.

Eric F
03-16-10, 04:53 PM
I got the P&F single pack for $10. I'm happy.:)

NiCK Crush
03-16-10, 04:55 PM

Ok, this is pretty incredible. :lol:

zekeburger1979
03-16-10, 05:05 PM
It's a vicious circle, isn't it NiCK_Crush? :)

kstublen
03-16-10, 05:11 PM
Just for good measure, I am going to once again post this as a disclaimer for those users who either aren't going to use common sense or aren't going to look on another page of the thread.

THE TOY STORY COUPONS ARE NOT LIVE YET

kahuna
03-16-10, 05:18 PM
My local Target (Saltlake) would not let me use the $10 coupon on the single disc Blu-ray version of F&TP. So I ended picking up the Combo version.

Our local Walmart (Pearl City) was selling the Combo version for $29.96.

PGHFlyer
03-16-10, 05:51 PM
My local TRU scanned the coupon and Toy Story pre-order cards but the $15 discount did not come up. The front manager said you get it when you pick up the movie. I explained and pointed at the card, so they called up the store manager. He said since it didn't scan it must be given when you pick up the movies. We even tried to scan another Disney title to see if it was just P&F, but the $15 still didn't show up.

They didn't offer another option, so I took my coupon and will buy somewhere else. I don't mind, as I am a little skeptical of how likely they are to accept the new coupons during pick-up.

gatorclaws
03-16-10, 06:10 PM
I got Princess & the Frog at TRU for $11.99. The manager was telling me that the sale price was a promotion and I couldn't get the $15 off on top of that. She would only do the base price of $34.99-$15 = $19.99. As I was questioning her how a sale price is a promotion, she finally got snotty and asked what price I wanted to pay and finally put it in for the $26.99-$15. Then when she walked away I handed the cashier the extra $10 coupon and took it with no issue. She seemed to get a kick out her manager getting mad and was happy I got a good price.

kstublen
03-16-10, 06:13 PM
I got Princess & the Frog at TRU for $11.99. The manager was telling me that the sale price was a promotion and I couldn't get the $15 off on top of that. She would only do the base price of $34.99-$15 = $19.99. As I was questioning her how a sale price is a promotion, she finally got snotty and asked what price I wanted to pay and finally put it in for the $26.99-$15. Then when she walked away I handed the cashier the extra $10 coupon and took it with no issue. She seemed to get a kick out her manager getting mad and was happy I got a good price.

Haha, that's awesome.

YuSaKu
03-16-10, 07:00 PM
Pre-ordered PatF and both Toy Story Blu-rays from TRU last month. I have been sick since last Friday, so I sent the Mrs. to deal with picking up the movie.

As we figured, it was a no-go on the $15 off, so my wife returned the Toy Story pre-order, and then bought it again, and that worked. PatF was also on sale for $26.99, and we had the $10 off coupon, so the break-down is:

$34.99 -$8.00 Instant Markdown
$26.99 -$15.00 Toy Story "TODAY" deal
$11.99 -$10.00 Disney online coupon
$1.99 -$5.00 I paid for my pre-order

Which equals up to them owing me $3.01 xD

To overcome the negative balance, my wife purchased other things in the same order. For some reason, though, the jewelry box rang up as $7.49, and the register took off $7.48, leaving a balance of $0.01. It's just a penny, but I thought a pre-order bonus was supposed to be free?

mattyp4
03-16-10, 07:06 PM
I went to a Best Buy after work (at around 6pm) & some guy right in front of me grabbed the last copy of the combo pack. I was surprised to have found so few copies-- with no big display or anything (like they do for most Disney/family titles). This is Manhattan we're talking about. So I schlepped across town to another Best Buy & found a huge display upon walking in the door... but they were completely out of the combo pack as well! Only a few single disc copies (frankly, I wanted the combo). I wasn't about to go to another BB. And there aren't any Target stores in Manhattan. I was ready to just go home & add it to my Netflix queue, but walking home I didn't realize that I'd be passing by that hellish Toys R Us in Times Square. So I popped in & found plenty of combo packs. They didn't have a sale price advertised-- just a sticker for $34.99. I was about to walk out when I just decided to take it to the counter to find out. Turns out it was on sale for $26.99, so I got the $10 off. Total price with tax was a little over $19. Ugh. Barely worth it. But I was so frustrated after the two Best Buy experiences, I just wanted to come home with something. (And I guess I would have paid the exact same price at BB.)

I was gonna try for that additional $5 coupon, but I felt like a putz, so I just shoved it back in my pocket. I figured there was no chance they'd accept both. And there was no way I was going to start haggling over $5 for a cartoon DVD. My pride wouldn't have been worth it.

Next week better be easier with Toy Story! I'll be at my parents' home in suburban Philly so I'll be able to drive to a Target in the morning. (God, I hate the fact that there are no Targets in Manhattan! Keep Walmart the hell out of here, but for chris's sake give us a Target!)

runner001
03-16-10, 08:47 PM
I'm going to try and slip in a $3 off Disney coupon since the smaller print lists the titles, it's worth a shot.

I was going to do that too, but totally forgot to bring it into the store with me. did it work?

Also, don't forget about the Band-Aid $5 rebate + Target online has $1 off Band-Aids coupons that match with ones in the paper. I'm getting $2.50 off the Band-Aids so the rebate should just make those free or more depending on the price.

I didn't bother to save any coupons from this sunday's paper. I did download the PDF for the Band-Aid rebate and it says "eligible BAND-AID Brand product UPC". so what makes the eligible and what isn't eligible? any ideas?

iNCREDiPiNOY
03-16-10, 08:52 PM
I went to the Toy Story 1/2 site, but there's no coupons there. Am I late or removed?

kenbenobi
03-16-10, 08:59 PM
I went to the Toy Story 1/2 site, but there's no coupons there. Am I late or removed?

:gah: :brickwl2: :brickwl:

I pray you were joking. If not, PLEASE at least read other posts on this PAGE which address this... You don't have to read the entire thread, but just a few posts up (post #354)

kstublen
03-16-10, 09:01 PM

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:gah: :brickwl2: :brickwl:

I pray you were joking. If not, PLEASE read the first post, or at least other posts on this PAGE which address this...

LMAO

iNCREDiPiNOY is actually the one that started this thread, so yeah, definitely a joke.

undrwrldangel24
03-16-10, 09:09 PM
Picked up the single disc Blu Ray at Target. They let me use the $10 off coupon with no problem. The cashier barely glanced at it before scanning it. I haven't seen the film yet, but I couldn't pass up a new, Disney blu ray for only 10 bucks :D

iNCREDiPiNOY
03-16-10, 09:12 PM
Picked up Combo Pack with Manpurse @ Target. :D

Nugent
03-16-10, 09:17 PM
Picked up the single disc Blu Ray at Target. They let me use the $10 off coupon with no problem. The cashier barely glanced at it before scanning it. I haven't seen the film yet, but I couldn't pass up a new, Disney blu ray for only 10 bucks :D

Ditto! They barely glanced at it. Just scanned and done.
My store was sold out of the combo and a lady was walking around looking for it.

I didn't need the DVD or digital copy and hated the yellow trim on the slip cover. WTF were they thinking with that!

Goldberg74
03-16-10, 10:02 PM
Took my $10 and $5 coupon to WM and they would only let me use the $10 one. Oh well.

moviewizguy
03-16-10, 10:12 PM
Ugh...Target was sold out once I got there. BB only had the single disc version left and Wal-Mart's was too much. I guess I have to wait it out until they restock the movie.

cnorwood588
03-16-10, 10:17 PM

i'll let you guys know if i find out anything at work within the next couple of days!!! be sure to check the sunday tru ad to see what the price will be! :)

Vermiknid
03-16-10, 10:19 PM
I picked up my P & F at Target today. Thanks OP!

NiCK Crush
03-16-10, 10:29 PM
Princess & The Frog is fine and all, glad to own it. But next week is what I've really been waiting for. Bring on Toy Story!

cnorwood588
03-16-10, 10:37 PM
Princess & The Frog is fine and all, glad to own it. But next week is what I've really been waiting for. Bring on Toy Story!

ME TOO!!!!! I'm gonna go into my work to pick up my copies as soon as we open! lol.

BuckNaked2k
03-16-10, 10:38 PM
i'll let you guys know if i find out anything at work within the next couple of days!!! be sure to check the sunday tru ad to see what the price will be! :)Thanks, cnorwood.

I am very curious about the "$10 off when you buy both" deal that's been mentioned but not verified. I know Target will have that, but not sure about TRU.

cnorwood588
03-16-10, 10:43 PM
Thanks, cnorwood.

I am very curious about the "$10 off when you buy both" deal that's been mentioned but not verified. I know Target will have that, but not sure about TRU.

No prob! I close Saturday night (blegh) so hopefully next weeks ad will be lingering around in the breakroom if it's out. I work with my boyfriend's sister and she sets the ad so hopefully she will have a copy! ;)

Travis McClain
03-16-10, 11:10 PM
No prob! I close Saturday night (blegh) so hopefully next weeks ad will be lingering around in the breakroom if it's out. I work with my boyfriend's sister and she sets the ad so hopefully she will have a copy! ;)

I foresee you will be very popular on this forum. Now, what's this I hear about online coupons for Toy Story?
;)

cnorwood588
03-16-10, 11:17 PM
I foresee you will be very popular on this forum. Now, what's this I hear about online coupons for Toy Story?
;)

lol well I just want to help out...I love finding good deals myself.
Those online coupons aren't live yet but Friday they will be, since this past Friday PATF went live then. I really hope both Toy Story's are on sale for $19.99!!!!!! If they are I'll be super excited lol

BuckNaked2k
03-16-10, 11:20 PM
No prob! I close Saturday night (blegh) so hopefully next weeks ad will be lingering around in the breakroom if it's out. I work with my boyfriend's sister and she sets the ad so hopefully she will have a copy! ;)When do you receive the physical inventory of next week's releases? I would have thought they'd already be in the stock room in boxes, which could facilitate a quick peek! :cool:

Eric F
03-16-10, 11:21 PM
Picked up Combo Pack with Manpurse @ Target. :D"Manpurse"? Smile when you say that princess.;)

That said, I got my "Frogpurse" too.:D

cnorwood588
03-16-10, 11:23 PM
When do you receive the physical inventory of next week's releases? I would have thought they'd already be in the stock room in boxes, which could facilitate a quick peek! :cool:

I wish!!!! lol. I actually went where we store movies and video games last night to see if I could get a peek at Princess and the Frog but no luck. II just found the movie posters to put with the dvd displays!

But usually we have inventory the day of the release since we have a truck that day. I'm sure it's different at other stores...my one friend works at a local book/video store and she usually gets copies of movies a few days before the release.

Manzana
03-16-10, 11:52 PM
From a post in another thread and digging deep into Blu-Ray.com forums, I finally found some posts saying that the Blu-Ray disc in both the 1 disc Blu-Ray and the 3 disc combo pack is 100% identical. On top of that the DVD contains a subset of the features on the Blu-Ray, so the 1 disc BD isn't missing any extras.

There was some doubt whether the commentary and picture-in-picture workprint features were in the 1 disc Blu-Ray, but someone posted that they are. So, that means I'll be keeping the 1 disc Blu-Ray version. I can't see any reason to pay $7 more for a DVD and digital copy I'll never use. It was sad that of the 5+ professional reviews I read about the combo pack, none of them mentioned that the BD disc in both editions is identical. The closest 1 review came was saying that the combo pack "adds a DVD and digital copy". Only by reading forums could I find the answer stated explicitly. You'd think such basic info wouldn't be so hard to come by in reviews.

If anyone has info to the contrary (that the BDs are not identical), please post. Thanks.

kenbenobi
03-16-10, 11:56 PM
Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha

LMAO

iNCREDiPiNOY is actually the one that started this thread, so yeah, definitely a joke.
Shame on me for not noticing that... I knew he's been around... WHEW!

Travis McClain
03-16-10, 11:58 PM
It was sad that of the 5+ professional reviews I read about the combo pack, none of them mentioned that the BD disc in both editions is identical.

To be fair, I doubt that official reviewers were sent both releases to even be able to compare them. It wasn't until release day (today) that very many people even had the opportunity to compare them. Then, you figure that most purchasers are only buying one version and there just aren't many people in a position to provide that kind of information.

Nugent
03-17-10, 12:47 AM
;)

Clearly that was just a vicious rumor as the stupid links don't work! :hairpull:

iNCREDiPiNOY
03-17-10, 01:01 AM
i loved this thread!

Pizza
03-17-10, 07:14 AM
It was sad that of the 5+ professional reviews I read about the combo pack, none of them mentioned that the BD disc in both editions is identical.

I would imagine it is because they didn't get a copy of both versions to compare.

Edit: Sorry MinLShaw, I didn't see that you already responded with the obvious answer.

Idioteque...
03-17-10, 07:52 AM
Where's the best place to get Princess & The Frog? How much is disney store selling it for?

NiCK Crush
03-17-10, 08:37 AM
I actually like the book that came with my copy from Best Buy. It's Blu-ray sized!

dkedvd
03-17-10, 08:43 AM
Where's the best place to get Princess & The Frog? How much is disney store selling it for?

I got mine for $9.99 at Target with the $10.00 off coupon. I bought the standard Blu-ray not the combo pack. Not sure if the coupon would work towards the DVD. Anyone try that yet?

noazrk
03-17-10, 11:17 AM
I did get the Target $3 off coupon to work after 2 tries. The first cashier said no but at another Target (bought one for a friend since I printed 2 coupons) the kid scanned it and it worked fine so I got the combo for $14 + after the rebate it will be appx. $10.50 since I had 3 band-aid coupons (2 target & 1 mfg).

Someone had a ? about the Band-Aid participating products. It's hard to say honestly! If you go to bandaid.com/disney.jsp it says "Participating products include..." and then shows pictures of ones that are for sure eligible including SOME character band-aids and 3 generic, plain band-aids. At Target the listed plain ones are $3 a box and the children's are $1.90 since they only have 20 so I bought those. I'm a little concerned as I bought a box of CARS and a Scooby-Doo box (ruh-ro) and it's not shown on the link (they didn't even carry the Princess ones). The Scooby were the same price and same brand so I can't imagine they're going to fight me tooth and nail over $5 just because of the particular character on the box!

That said, my advice to the rest is just buy 2 Disney character boxes shown on the link, Cars, PATF, Princesses or Toy Story to be safe + those are the cheapest ones anyways.

With the Target website $1 off Band-Aids coupon you get another $3 off the movie and 2 boxes of free bandages. Or if you have no kids you can get the more expensive generic ones but I'm 37 and I'll use a Hello Kitty band-aid no problem, it's better than an infection :-)

The Target exclusive Coin purse will be a big hit with my daughter, it's funny somebody called it a "Man-Purse"...I guess that's true in some ways.

mattyp4
03-17-10, 01:05 PM
At Target the listed plain ones are $3 a box and the children's are $1.90 since they only have 20 so I bought those.

Great. So if we spend $3.80 on Band-aids, we can get $5 back from Disney. A net gain of $1.20! Well, then you have to take away 44 cents for a stamp. But you still gain a whopping 76 cents!! Awesome! That's a bargain if I ever heard of one!

johnbook
03-17-10, 01:22 PM

Same here on all accounts, can't wait to see it, will give the purse to my wifes neice.

mraw
03-17-10, 01:34 PM
I think I may try for the $10 off on the single Blu-ray release. I got the Blu-ray combo set along with the limited edition Tiana doll from disneystore.com. I received both yesterday and the doll is huge and highly detailed. I can give the single-disc version to a cousin for her birthday.

Travis McClain
03-17-10, 02:51 PM
Great. So if we spend $3.80 on Band-aids, we can get $5 back from Disney. A net gain of $1.20! Well, then you have to take away 44 cents for a stamp. But you still gain a whopping 76 cents!! Awesome! That's a bargain if I ever heard of one!

Be patient. You have until 30 June to submit your request. By that time, you may find that Band-Aid has moved on to another kid-targeted theme product and stores will clearance these to make room. Also, check with a place like Walgreens for a sale on Band-Aids.

It might sound like a lot of effort for just a few bucks, but in my experience, the kind of person who checks bargain forums 1) is already looking for such information and 2) might get lucky because someone else will post a heads-up about them and allow you to be lazy. Myself, I tend to be more of a Type 2 bargain hunter.

dbashaggy
03-17-10, 03:07 PM
Any ideas why the Disney coupon page won't load anymore? Or is it just me?

iNCREDiPiNOY
03-17-10, 03:18 PM
Are you referring to Toy Story? :D

Travis McClain
03-17-10, 03:37 PM
Same here on all accounts, can't wait to see it, will give the purse to my wifes neice.

Isn't she also your niece? Or are you trying to distance yourself from the kid?

iNCREDiPiNOY
03-17-10, 03:55 PM
Let see if you guy is holding a purple purse right now. Please stand up.

manalan26
03-17-10, 05:23 PM
I actually like the book that came with my copy from Best Buy. It's Blu-ray sized!

CRAP! I totally forgot about the Free Book deal because I was all about making sure the coupon worked! Was the book wrapped to the BluRay box? Was it separate? Is there any way I can get it by showing my receipt?

NiCK Crush
03-17-10, 05:52 PM
CRAP! I totally forgot about the Free Book deal because I was all about making sure the coupon worked! Was the book wrapped to the BluRay box? Was it separate? Is there any way I can get it by showing my receipt?

It was separate. I'm sure you could get it if you show that it was never rung up on your receipt. Worth a shot anyway.

Mr.Briggs
03-17-10, 06:01 PM
Any ideas why the Disney coupon page won't load anymore? Or is it just me?

I have the same problem occasionally. Had it this afternoon for a while. Went back to it a few hours later & then it loaded properly. I always get frantic when it does that though because I'm afraid that when the next set of coupons comes out it'll happen then (for TS1&2).

PGHFlyer
03-17-10, 06:35 PM
After wasting my time trying to get the TRU $15 off to combine with P&F, I just gave up and went to my Giant Eagle (regional grocery store) and picked up the 3-Disc Combo BLU for their sale price of $24.99, which came with a 24 pack of bottled water for free ($3.99 value), and they took the $10 off no problem....so $16 out the door after tax.

BuckNaked2k
03-17-10, 06:36 PM
All credit to scott_matthews at CAG:

Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Packs
* $21.99 each or
* Buy 2 combo packs for $16.99 each.

From another thread.....sweeeeet deal! $34 for both combos...happy I did the pre-order now.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10055047-post1.html

cnorwood588
03-17-10, 10:48 PM
From another thread.....sweeeeet deal! $34 for both combos...happy I did the pre-order now.

oh nice!!! i can take $21.99 for sure..kinda hoped it was $19.99 but who knows maybe it could be too. i asked one of my supervisors tonight at work when we get next weeks ad in and she said it might already be in. so i went to check where we keep our ads and promotion items and of course we didn't get them in yet! :( i'm off til saturday so i'll check then but i'll see if i can have my boyfriends sister check the price in next weeks ad!

whotony
03-18-10, 01:09 AM

Were is the deal on that one?
I'm still seeing it much cheaper at target for both combos, maybe as low as $4 total.

AmityBoatTours
03-18-10, 04:45 AM
Toy story coupons are live, well sort of anyways/
Toystory is now on the site(i printed my 2) Toystory 2 though only shows the canadian coupon at this time.

kevin75
03-18-10, 07:02 AM

comment removed because i'm dumb

Manzana
03-18-10, 07:11 AM
comment removed because i'm dumb
Apparently it is now as there is yet another rumor (and apparently confirmed by others on the same Slickdeals Toy Story thread) that Target has in fact raised prices on each Toy Story BD to $22.99. Not as bad as $26.99, but still $3 more on each. People are saying the $19.99 ad people saw was a pre-ad and the one that went to the printer was changed to $22.99. Go to Slickdeals and search on Toy Story to find the thread if you want.

Too bad my TRU stores are far away. I don't like them to begin with (bad experiences the few times I've gone), but when they are over 10 miles away from me near the downtown with lots of traffic, I have to figure with my poor mileage vehicle it costs me almost $5 in gas just to drive there and back... and 2 or 3 times to preorder and pick up pretty much would cancel out the savings over Target. So I'll probably just have to eat the extra $6 :-(.

Snowmaker
03-18-10, 07:16 AM
www.toystorysave5.com - Save $5 off the BD Combo Pack with Coupon (Valid 3/23 - 3/30) (NOT LIVE)

It is now!!!

SWARM! SWARM! SWARM!

Why does Canada have one for each movie, but US only has one for the first movie?? :(

Pizza
03-18-10, 07:28 AM
It is now!!!

SWARM! SWARM! SWARM!

Why does Canada have one for each movie, but US only has one for the first movie?? :(

I printed mine. Hopefully Toy 2 will be up soon.

kurtzp
03-18-10, 07:41 AM
It is now!!!

SWARM! SWARM! SWARM!

I just sent out an e-mail to Disney just in case it's a screw-up at their end not having the US coupon for Toy Story 2.

kurtzp
03-18-10, 07:50 AM
Too bad my TRU stores are far away. I don't like them to begin with (bad experiences the few times I've gone), but when they are over 10 miles away from me near the downtown with lots of traffic, I have to figure with my poor mileage vehicle it costs me almost $5 in gas just to drive there and back... and 2 or 3 times to preorder and pick up pretty much would cancel out the savings over Target. So I'll probably just have to eat the extra $6 :-(.

Can't you just price-match at Target?

kenbenobi
03-18-10, 07:58 AM
Plus, the bottom of the Toy Story coupon says "don't forget to get your Toy Story 2 coupon!" Well, the Toy Story Coupon can be printed multiple times apparently. I've printed it 4 times, and it is still enabled! Usually they only allow two.

dkedvd
03-18-10, 08:16 AM
they damn well better get a toy story 2 coupon up there.

DJ_Longfellow
03-18-10, 08:22 AM
Does these coupons run out or something? Why would people "SWARM" the site?

Snowmaker
03-18-10, 08:26 AM
Does these coupons run out or something? Why would people "SWARM" the site?

I only said that because of all the people constantly checking and getting upset that they were not posted yet.

The Lizard King
03-18-10, 09:22 AM
Can't you just price-match at Target?
Not at my Target. Best Buy -- yes. Walmart -- yes. Target -- no.

TLK :cool:

BuckNaked2k
03-18-10, 09:27 AM
Were is the deal on that one?
I'm still seeing it much cheaper at Target for both combos, maybe as low as $4 total.You are right if you are only buying the Toy Story movies.

If you figure in the $15 pre-order coupon for both TS combos at TRU, you can really lower your net cost on 3 titles.

For instance, I used mine (combined with the manufacturer's coupon) to score Ponyo for $5. So, when all is said 'n done, I will have 3 Disney/Pixar BD/DVD combo packs for $29 total. NTS!

Snowmaker
03-18-10, 09:40 AM
Got this from Blu-ray.com:

This actually works!

I've been lurking for a while and just registered to share the tidbit I just discovered!

Here's how to print the coupon for TS2 in the US:

1. Go here: http://print.coupons.com/Couponweb/I...id=20&zid=cn13 (http://print.coupons.com/Couponweb/Index.aspx?pid=15020&nid=20&zid=cn13)
2. In URL bar, paste: javascript:AddPod(14950163)
3. Hit 'enter' on your keyboard.
4. Hit Print Coupons.

The coupon will never show up on your screen, but it WILL print!

When you hit ENTER, it will appear that nothing happens. Make sure no boxes are checked, hit Print, go through the usual "print install" procedure and the US coupon will be at your printer. ;)

zombeaner
03-18-10, 09:52 AM
Thanks! Worked for me.

sotra
03-18-10, 10:14 AM
Nice! Thanks, I can go to bed now.

badlieut
03-18-10, 10:14 AM
Worked for me too. Thanks!

maxfisher
03-18-10, 11:23 AM
Worked for me too.

Snowmaker
03-18-10, 11:36 AM
Toy Story 2 U.S. coupon is now available the normal way!

basketb
03-18-10, 11:38 AM
Worked for me too. Not sure whether it's related to the javascript fix or not but the TS2 US coupon now shows up on that side for me too (however, it says print limit reached).

BuckNaked2k
03-18-10, 12:06 PM
Toy Story 2 U.S. coupon is now available the normal way!Of course. It was just a matter of time.....such panicking!

kenbenobi
03-18-10, 12:37 PM
Not at my Target. Best Buy -- yes. Walmart -- yes. Target -- no.

TLK :cool:
Targets are not franchised. They have to follow Target corporate policies, and Target DOES do price-matching now. It started 2 months ago or so... Ask for a manager. They have to do it... But it doesn't mean they'll let you pricematch AND use a coupon. They could refuse that I suppose...

kurtzp
03-18-10, 01:43 PM
And the following e-mail I sent to Disney made all the difference.....right....

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the coupon site. We appreciate your interest. The US coupon is now available on the site.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 800 723-4763 (Canada: 888 877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studio Home Entertainment Consumer Relations

US and Canada

bd...?
03-18-10, 02:03 PM
just cancelled order with amazon and heading to target for toy story 1 and 2

20.00 for both right?

kurtzp
03-18-10, 02:15 PM

20.00 for both right?

I hope you are being sarcastic since the movies are not being released till next Tuesday.

bd...?
03-18-10, 02:17 PM
I mean Im not paying the 40 at amazon when I can get them much cheaper at target. Yea probably wont pick them up til tuesday

Schloob1
03-18-10, 03:08 PM
Targets are not franchised. They have to follow Target corporate policies, and Target DOES do price-matching now. It started 2 months ago or so... Ask for a manager. They have to do it... But it doesn't mean they'll let you pricematch AND use a coupon. They could refuse that I suppose...

Per their policy, and I don't want to try and search and find it again. BUT, you are supposed to be able to pricematch and THEN use a manufacturer coupon. You are NOT supposed to be able to though pricematch and then use a Target store coupon, however during the great $5 Target store coupon this holiday season most of us were able to pricematch and then use a Target store coupon without a problem.

Schloob1
03-18-10, 03:11 PM
Question, when printing out the $5 coupons and click the clip coupon option for multiple coupons. Does it print out on seperate sheets of paper or print out multiples on 1 page. I know I'm being cheap but my workplace is not allowing me to print these out and might have to pay for copies at my local library and want to minimize the spending :) Iknow the Blu upgrades are 1 per page but wondered about these $5 coupons. thx

Adboy151
03-18-10, 03:41 PM
Question, when printing out the $5 coupons and click the clip coupon option for multiple coupons. Does it print out on seperate sheets of paper or print out multiples on 1 page. I know I'm being cheap but my workplace is not allowing me to print these out and might have to pay for copies at my local library and want to minimize the spending :) Iknow the Blu upgrades are 1 per page but wondered about these $5 coupons. thx

One per page

BuckNaked2k
03-18-10, 04:28 PM

$20.00 for both right?Your math is correct.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10055106-post7.html

NoirFan
03-18-10, 04:47 PM
So I installed the coupon printer, and when I click on print coupons, the window just says "Sending coupons to your printer..." forever. I've got my printer on, and am using Firefox for Mac 10.6.2.

zekeburger1979
03-18-10, 04:59 PM
So I installed the coupon printer, and when I click on print coupons, the window just says "Sending coupons to your printer..." forever. I've got my printer on, and am using Firefox for Mac 10.6.2.

Try it again. I've had that problem before and a refresh of the page fixed things. If not, try it in IE.

NoirFan
03-18-10, 05:10 PM
I was able to get the coupons to print in Safari.

iNCREDiPiNOY
03-18-10, 07:19 PM
I was refunded at full price. I wouldn't find the purple purse, so i rebought P&F Combo-Pack without the purse and the $10 coupon then refunded with the old receipt. :D

Indy Jones Fan
03-18-10, 09:13 PM
Boy are you wrong and did I ever find out the hard way. My Target would not price match a Toys R Us ad and they would not honor their own coupon from the infamous 5.00 off a Blu-Ray. I even called the corporate number to complain and was told it's at the manager's discretion to accept price matching and/or honor coupons. It was one of the biggest F-You I ever got and I haven't shopped at Target since.

mlvc6969
03-18-10, 09:49 PM

When i went to my Best Buy to buy 2 copies of TPATF Blu Ray combo pack with book and my $10.00 coupon the checker told me i could not have the book because the coupon said it could not be combined with any other offer, I tried arguing with her but she was such a bit*h that i said forget the book just give me the discount. So i went back after work to the same store with my receipts and said that i forgot to grab my free books and told them that i called and spoke to someone and they told me just to bring my receipts back in (which of course was a complete lie, I use this lie all the time) and they gave me the 2 books with no problems. I just don't understand why these places get so worked up when we try to use coupons, it's not like they are going to loose any money and giving me the book with the coupon would not of lost them any money. Nice book though, so i am glad i got the two copies, will just sell one of them.

AmityBoatTours
03-18-10, 10:15 PM

Actually yes they are suppose to pricematch and still let you use a manufactures coupon.

I had a big argument with a target manager over this when mosnters inc/ up came out and i ended up calling there corporate number while standing there at the counter, the rep told me yes target does price match and take a manufactures coupon and also a store coupon all on the same item. the only thing they dont permit is using 2 manufactures coupon a single item.

I eneded up walking out of the store with both movies and being able to price match and use the target coupon and the manufactures coupon.

AmityBoatTours
03-18-10, 10:19 PM

they changed the way the coupons are posted online and as a result quite a few of us have had issues (who had never in the past had issues printing) printing these starting with the ponyo coupon.

What i ended up figureing out was that i could access the coupon page on my computer using my splash browser on my sony laptop from there i can print out fine now, also have noticed now i can print when i access it through google chrome as well ever since prince and the frog.

cortan
03-18-10, 10:21 PM
The following from the TRUS ad thread is still the best deal overall if you want both TS and PATF...

Another confirmation this deal is on and is a HOT one!
I was in and out in less than five minutes and they definitely are still honoring the $15 off when pre-ordering both Toy Story movies; they had tons of pre-order cards in the blu-ray section advertising it.

Mine appears to have been a little screwy as well as I pre-order both TS movies and bought PATF and only paid $8 even (including the tax) out of pocket today.
So next week when I pick them up, I will be out another $13.98 (plus sales tax) for a total spent of around $23 after tax.
Oh and the best part is I sold my Ultimate Toy Box set last week on EBAY and cleared $27 after shipping and ebay/paypal fees.
So I make $4 back on the whole transaction!

Not bad for Toy Story 1, Toy Story 2, PATF blu-rays, dvds, and digital copies on all and two tickets to Toy Story 3!

Thanks again DVD (blu-ray) Talk and WMAangel!
This site has been saving me lots of money on all things disc since '97

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMAangel View Post
I actually did this on this past Tuesday!
Now, they screwed mine up the other day, but if they had done it correctly, it would have been like this:

+$5.00: Toy Story pre-order deposit
+$5.00: Toy Story 2 pre-order deposit
+$26.99: Princess & Frog BD combo pack
-$15.00: discount for pre-ordering both TS titles
-$10.00: Princess & Frog printable coupon
________
$11.99 (plus sales tax): final paid this week

Next Tuesday, 3/23:
+16.99: Toy Story (lowered price for buying both)
+16.99: Toy Story 2 (lowered price for buying both)
-$5.00: TS pre-order deposit already paid last week
-$5.00: TS2 pre-order deposit already paid last week
-$5.00: TS printable coupon
-$5.00: TS2 printable coupon
________
$13.98 (plus sales tax): final amount paid next week

HOWEVER, the cashier mistakenly applied the $10 off PATF coupon twice on my receipt, so I only paid $1.99 this week....so I think I'll be happy to end up with all three BDs for only $15.97 (plus tax) when it is all said and done...
Too bad, I was actually looking forward to not having to go back to that awful TRU store....I was almost hoping the TRU prices would be worse than the ones at Best Buy, and just grabbing the TS BDs at Target....

AmityBoatTours
03-18-10, 10:22 PM
When i went to my Best Buy to buy 2 copies of TPATF Blu Ray combo pack with book and my $10.00 coupon the checker told me i could not have the book because the coupon said it could not be combined with any other offer, I tried arguing with her but she was such a bit*h that i said forget the book just give me the discount. So i went back after work to the same store with my receipts and said that i forgot to grab my free books and told them that i called and spoke to someone and they told me just to bring my receipts back in (which of course was a complete lie, I use this lie all the time) and they gave me the 2 books with no problems. I just don't understand why these places get so worked up when we try to use coupons, it's not like they are going to loose any money and giving me the book with the coupon would not of lost them any money. Nice book though, so i am glad i got the two copies, will just sell one of them.
this is a instance where technically she is correct, the free book is a special offer. but thats still no excuse for a cashier to be a *itch about it.

AmityBoatTours
03-18-10, 10:23 PM
And the following e-mail I sent to Disney made all the difference.....right....

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the coupon site. We appreciate your interest. The US coupon is now available on the site.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 800 723-4763 (Canada: 888 877-2843), Monday 9:30-7:30 and Tuesday through Friday 9:30-6:30 CST.

Sincerely,

Walt Disney Studio Home Entertainment Consumer Relations

US and Canada

I recieved the same email this morning after i sent one to them after posting last night that toystory 2 only had the canadian coupon up.

BuckNaked2k
03-18-10, 10:35 PM
I just don't understand why these places get so worked up when we try to use coupons, it's not like they are going to loose any money and giving me the book with the coupon would not of lost them any money. Nice book though, so I am glad I got the two copies, will just sell one of them.Good for you. Best Buy is the worst offender when it comes to denying coupons. They seem to invent reasons out of thin air, when, as you pointed out, they will be made whole for every manufacturers' coupon they accept.

For them to try and pull this bull $hit with a stupid book give-away is beyond ridiculous.

moviewizguy
03-18-10, 10:54 PM
Good for you. Best Buy is the worst offender when it comes to denying coupons. They seem to invent reasons out of thin air, when, as you pointed out, they will be made whole for every manufacturers' coupon they accept.

For them to try and pull this bull $hit with a stupid book give-away is beyond ridiculous.

Really? I've used the Disney coupons since I can last remember without any trouble in BB. Maybe I have one of the nicer ones.

Abob Teff
03-18-10, 11:09 PM
Good for you. Best Buy is the worst offender when it comes to denying coupons. They seem to invent reasons out of thin air, when, as you pointed out, they will be made whole for every manufacturers' coupon they accept.

Actually they are reimbursed face value + a "handling fee" (usually about 8 cents per coupon) -- you'd think they would encourage people to use coupons.

Indy Jones Fan
03-19-10, 08:08 AM
Actually yes they are suppose to pricematch and still let you use a manufactures coupon.

I had a big argument with a target manager over this when mosnters inc/ up came out and i ended up calling there corporate number while standing there at the counter, the rep told me yes target does price match and take a manufactures coupon and also a store coupon all on the same item. the only thing they dont permit is using 2 manufactures coupon a single item.

I eneded up walking out of the store with both movies and being able to price match and use the target coupon and the manufactures coupon.
I did the same thing as you, called corporate while standing at the customer service counter with the store manager in front of me, and the "supervisor" at corporate told me it's up to the store manager's discretion to price match and/or accept coupons. I got a big fat F*CK YOU from Target and I haven't stepped foot back in one of their stores since.

Qui Gon Jim
03-19-10, 09:09 AM
You got bad service. Their policy is clear.

fidodido
03-19-10, 10:10 AM
Wanted to point out, if any of you haven't been following all the various Toy Story thread across multiple sites, that the Target ad was revised. The price will be $22.99 each, NOT $19.99. Most of the other threads have mentioned this, but not this one.

Additionally, for those immune to rejection, Fry's has listed the titles at $19.97 each with $10 off when both are purchased. But the majority of reports are that Fry's will NOT accept the coupons. You could also try to PM it, but again, PM w/ coupons is also fairly YMMV.

whotony
03-19-10, 10:26 AM
Next Tuesday, 3/23:
+22.99: Toy Story (lowered price for buying both)
+22.99: Toy Story 2 (lowered price for buying both)
-$10.00 for buying both
-$8.00: TS1 disney upgrade
-$8.00: TS2 Disney upgrade
-$10.00 Disney rewards coupon
________
-$0.02

(plus sales tax): final amount paid next week

hmm
Disney Rewards...
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/571058-save-10-00-off-toy-story-toy-story-2-blu-rays-when-you-upgrade-dvd-vhs.html#post10058149

whotony
03-19-10, 10:31 AM
also Toys R Us.
for Princess and both TS films.

+$5.00: Toy Story pre-order deposit
+$5.00: Toy Story 2 pre-order deposit
+$26.99: Princess & Frog BD combo pack
-$15.00: discount for pre-ordering both TS titles
-$10.00: Princess & Frog printable coupon
-$5.00 : PatF printed coupon
________
$6.99 (plus sales tax): final paid this week

Next Tuesday, 3/23:
+16.99: Toy Story (lowered price for buying both)
+16.99: Toy Story 2 (lowered price for buying both)
-$5.00: TS pre-order deposit already paid last week
-$5.00: TS2 pre-order deposit already paid last week
________
-$2.02

This is what it would look like at toys r us if all the coupons would work.

Now with the 2 new $10 coupons from the Disney Rewards,
this seems like an impossible deal.
the final bottom total would be -$22.02.

Sweet Baby James
03-19-10, 10:34 AM
^

I would hold out until they up the offer with a free hummer.

leandra
03-19-10, 12:58 PM
Have u guys seen the DMR coupon that is coming out for $10.00. It is not active yet but the code is 786936294521 which is the UPC of TS2

kenbenobi
03-19-10, 01:01 PM
^

I would hold out until they up the offer with a free hummer.
The clerk is pretty cute at my TRU. It may take a few dates before she'll give me that, though...

WMAangel
03-19-10, 04:27 PM
Next Tuesday, 3/23:
+22.99: Toy Story (lowered price for buying both)
+22.99: Toy Story 2 (lowered price for buying both)
-$10.00 for buying both
________
-$0.02

Good luck getting any store to accept six manufacturers coupons when you are only purchasing two items.....getting two manufacturers coupons accepted on one item may be easier, but getting three accepted on one item and then having them repeat it, all in the same transaction? I don't see anyone accomplishing this without raising a ton of red flags....

whotony
03-19-10, 04:32 PM
OH I agree, but it seems the Toys r Us does except more then one unlike target, 6 might, might be pushing it to the edge.

whotony
03-19-10, 04:58 PM
Good luck getting any store to accept six manufacturers coupons when you are only purchasing two items.....getting two manufacturers coupons accepted on one item may be easier, but getting three accepted on one item and then having them repeat it, all in the same transaction? I don't see anyone accomplishing this without raising a ton of red flags....
also my math was wrong anyway it should be....

Next Tuesday, 3/23:
+21.99: Toy Story (lowered price for buying both)
+21.99: Toy Story 2 (lowered price for buying both)
-$10.00 for buying both
-$10.00 presale deposit
________
-$20.02

WMAangel
03-19-10, 05:06 PM

Next Tuesday, 3/23:
-$10.00 for buying both
-$10.00 presale deposit
________
-$20.02

rotfl
Good luck getting them to give you $20 out of the register along with the two BDs for free!

Trevor
03-19-10, 05:12 PM
rotfl
Good luck getting them to give you $20 out of the register along with the two BDs for free!
I hope they wouldn't, but if you bought $40 worth of other merchandise the grand total might be $20.

Indy Jones Fan
03-19-10, 05:25 PM
You got bad service. Their policy is clear.
Yes, it was made crystal clear by corporate that it was ultimately up to the store manager to accept or deny price matching and/or coupons. Period.

Obviously I don't agree which is why I refuse to even attempt to give Target any of my money from now on.

b2net
03-19-10, 05:26 PM
Where do we get the $5 off Princess & the Frog Coupon? I've searched all the threads and don't seem to find that one...

b2net
03-19-10, 05:28 PM
Duh! I just found it here...

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/570883-princess-frog-dvd-blu-ray-combo-pack-5-off.html

BuckNaked2k
03-19-10, 06:00 PM
Have u guys seen the DMR coupon that is coming out for $10.00. It is not active yet but the code is 786936294521 which is the UPC of TS2

It's now active:

Other Thread (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/571058-save-10-00-off-toy-story-toy-story-2-blu-rays-when-you-upgrade-dvd-vhs.html)

BuckNaked2k
03-19-10, 06:02 PM
The clerk is pretty cute at my TRU. It may take a few dates before she'll give me that, though...Yes, they are expensive.

http://www.wemotor.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/hummer_h3_automobile1.jpg

Artman
03-19-10, 06:09 PM

Next Tuesday, 3/23:
-$10.00 for buying both
-$10.00 presale deposit
________
-$20.02

Aren't the $8 upgrades mail away offers? Why would they be done at the store?

b2net
03-19-10, 08:20 PM
Good luck on any multiple Manufacturer coupons at TRU. They {{the computer system}} wouldn't scan 2 coupons for 1 item. I am referencing the $10 and $5 for Princess & the Frog.

jwstl
03-19-10, 08:24 PM
Good luck on any multiple Manufacturer coupons at TRU. They wouldn't scan 2 coupons for 1 item. I am referencing the $10 and $5 for Princess & the Frog.

They took both of mine without a word from me. She scanned one, then scanned the other and both were accepted without any issue.

b2net
03-19-10, 08:32 PM
Maybe their computer system received an update before I went.

lordzeppelin
03-20-10, 10:20 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned...but there's a $5 mail-in rebate for the Princess and the Frog here...when you buy 2 boxes of rice.
http://www.successrice.com/en-us/content/1062/Save$5-PrincessandFrogMail-InRebate.aspx

So...$5 more back for you...

JoeyOhhhh
03-20-10, 11:02 AM
Good luck on any multiple Manufacturer coupons at TRU. They {{the computer system}} wouldn't scan 2 coupons for 1 item. I am referencing the $10 and $5 for Princess & the Frog.

I picked mine up last night using both when I preordered both Toy Story Blu Rays. Came to $2.97 with tax for PATF

leandra
03-20-10, 01:49 PM
they are mail away but u upgrade for coupons

bwsmom
03-20-10, 06:02 PM
Yes, it was made crystal clear by corporate that it was ultimately up to the store manager to accept or deny price matching and/or coupons. Period.

Obviously I don't agree which is why I refuse to even attempt to give Target any of my money from now on.

Qui Gon Jim is right - you got a corporate CSR who didn't know their own policy. For the record:

Target Price Matching Policy (http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400)

Of note:

If you find an item in a competitor's printed ad that is priced lower than it is at your Target store, we will match the price.

No "at manager's discretion" or any other such caveat. It's always a good idea to print out a copy of their policy and carry it with you whenever you're headed to Target for a potential price match and/or with coupons. Speaking of which...

Target Coupon Policy (http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_bx_4/179-1404194-7926904?ie=UTF8&node=2223357011)

It's a good idea to have a copy of this with you as well.

Sorry to hear of your experience. Hopefully hitting them with their own policies, in writing, will help next time (if you ever decide to go back there, that is).

Kory
03-20-10, 07:20 PM
Got the 3-disc "Princess & The Frog" plus pre-ordered both Toy Story movies on BD for $1.99 today at Toysrus. Crazy.

So since TRU will have them for $16.99 if you buy both, and I have $10 off because of this pre-order, plus $5 off each movie, that should come out to about $6.99 plus tax per film, right? I can dig that.

toldawg128
03-20-10, 07:53 PM
Got the 3-disc "Princess & The Frog" plus pre-ordered both Toy Story movies on BD for $1.99 today at Toysrus. Crazy.

So since TRU will have them for $16.99 if you buy both, and I have $10 off because of this pre-order, plus $5 off each movie, that should come out to about $6.99 plus tax per film, right? I can dig that.

Your math is a little off. It would be $1.99 per movie. The $5 was already taken off when you preordered.

Kory
03-20-10, 07:57 PM
Assuming you meant to type $11.99, I'm talking about the $5 coupons for each movie.

toldawg128
03-20-10, 08:08 PM
Assuming you meant to type $11.99, I'm talking about the $5 coupons for each movie.

Ah, I misread. Why use the $5 coupon? Use the $10 "upgrade" ones. $1.99 each.

Kory
03-20-10, 08:11 PM
Don't you actually have to "upgrade" to get those coupons? If not, please share, because I'd love to use them. I thought they had unique UPCs, and could only be used by the individual who redeemed them.

toldawg128
03-20-10, 08:20 PM
Don't you actually have to "upgrade" to get those coupons? If not, please share, because I'd love to use them. I thought they had unique UPCs, and could only be used by the individual who redeemed them.

You don't need to already own them.

See here:

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/571058-save-10-00-off-toy-story-toy-story-2-blu-rays-when-you-upgrade-dvd-vhs.html

A couple of upc codes are listed in the thread. Punch those into where you put in reward codes and your good to go.

Kory
03-20-10, 08:23 PM
Wow, I didn't realize that they had made these available to people. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention!

Indy Jones Fan
03-20-10, 08:59 PM
Qui Gon Jim is right - you got a corporate CSR who didn't know their own policy. For the record:

Target Price Matching Policy (http://sites.target.com/site/en/company/page.jsp?contentId=WCMP04-040400)

Of note:

No "at manager's discretion" or any other such caveat. It's always a good idea to print out a copy of their policy and carry it with you whenever you're headed to Target for a potential price match and/or with coupons. Speaking of which...

Target Coupon Policy (http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_bx_4/179-1404194-7926904?ie=UTF8&node=2223357011)

Sorry to hear of your experience. Hopefully hitting them with their own policies, in writing, will help next time (if you ever decide to go back there, that is).
Did all that, went through the chain of command at corporate and that was the final answer. If Target doesn't want my money so be it. I'm happy for all those that get good deals at their Target but they made it clear I'm not valued as a customer.

Unfortunately there are no price match/coupon police to enforce anything.

cnorwood588
03-20-10, 10:01 PM
Ok so I know we got the price for Toys R Us TS1 and TS2 prices, but I snuck a peak at this coming weeks ad- and it is for sure $21.99 when you buy one or $16.99 for both!

Oh yeah tonight I was pleasantly surprised at work. I was in the back store room behind our RZONE (electronics) because I was filling the pop coolers and I noticed a couple dvd's on some shelves. So I walk over to them and it is the TS1 and TS2 combo dvd/blu-ray packs! I was pretty excited and I was looking at them...pretty nice!!! :) :) :)

Schloob1
03-20-10, 10:02 PM
Did all that, went through the chain of command at corporate and that was the final answer. If Target doesn't want my money so be it. I'm happy for all those that get good deals at their Target but they made it clear I'm not valued as a customer.

Unfortunately there are no price match/coupon police to enforce anything.

Sorry to hear about the issue you had Indy, the only thing I have to ask is what exactly were you trying to pricematch(sorry if you mentioned it already). I only ask because while yes what has been quoted from the price match policy "If you find an item in a competitor's printed ad that is priced lower than it is at your Target store, we will match the price." is true. There is a lot more listed in that website that falls under "manager discretion" in regards to their price match policy.

The one time I got turned down was due to what the manager said was a "timed event" while others on here were successful at other Target's. It was the 1-day sale they had of 2 for $30 on Pixar films and the manager at that store interperted any timed event as something that was not the normal "weekly ad" that begins every Sunday. When gosh forbid a weekly ad is all intents and purposes "weekly" would be a timed event :) My apologies for dragging it out longer but just curious is all as it might actually be a legit reason they did not pricematch for you.

Schloob1
03-20-10, 10:10 PM

Of note:

No "at manager's discretion" or any other such caveat.

bswmom

You did not seem to really read the policy then did you, as you quote the very 1st sentence on the whole page but fail to mention the very bottom. This seems like quite a bit of caveats to their price match policy.

I'm just saying when you only qoute the 1st sentence, you totally gloss over the fact that there are quite a bit of caveats actually that can be left to manager discretion.

Other price matching exclusions include:

Online prices, including Target.com
Promotions or products advertised on another company's web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.
Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)
Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity
Membership club or loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card)
Coupon-required or giftcard offers
Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off
Competitor's free product, buy one, get one, bundled offers, or special purchases
Mobile coupons
Sales tax promotions
Damaged product or opened packaging
Clearance or closeout items
Mail in offers or instant rebates
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
Going-out-of-business liquidations
Special financing
Used or previously owned items
Display merchandise
Pricing or typographical errors
Owned brands (i.e., Home, Merona, Circo, Market Pantry and Archer Farms)
Non-branded items (e.g. produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers
Expired Ads

bwsmom
03-20-10, 11:28 PM

bswmom

You did not seem to really read the policy then did you, as you quote the very 1st sentence on the whole page but fail to mention the very bottom. This seems like quite a bit of caveats to their price match policy.

I'm just saying when you only qoute the 1st sentence, you totally gloss over the fact that there are quite a bit of caveats actually that can be left to manager discretion.

Other price matching exclusions include:

Online prices, including Target.com
Promotions or products advertised on another company's web or mobile sites, even those advertising in-store prices.
Timed events (e.g., early bird, door busters)
Items advertised as limited time/limited supply/limited quantity
Membership club or loyalty programs (e.g. prices that require a club or loyalty card)
Coupon-required or giftcard offers
Prices advertised only as a percent off or $ off
Competitor's free product, buy one, get one, bundled offers, or special purchases
Mobile coupons
Sales tax promotions
Damaged product or opened packaging
Clearance or closeout items
Mail in offers or instant rebates
Product services (warranties, assembly, etc.)
Going-out-of-business liquidations
Special financing
Used or previously owned items
Display merchandise
Pricing or typographical errors
Owned brands (i.e., Home, Merona, Circo, Market Pantry and Archer Farms)
Non-branded items (e.g. produce not marketed under a specific brand name)
Target Portrait Studio, Optical, and Clinic offers
Expired Ads

Yeah, actually, I did read the whole thing and while they list specific exceptions to their overall "we will match it" policy, my point was that NOWHERE does it say that when all else fails, the individual manager's word trumps their corporate policy, which is clearly spelled out (including the exceptions). If that was the case, they'd have no need for a policy (written or implied) in the first place. I'm more than happy to challenge a manager to show me where it implicitly states on their corporate's written policy that the individual manager has the last word. THAT caveat, nor anything even remotely resembling it, is not there. My apologies if I was somehow unclear on that.

Schloob1
03-21-10, 12:34 AM
Yeah, actually, I did read the whole thing and while they list specific exceptions to their overall "we will match it" policy, my point was that NOWHERE does it say that when all else fails, the individual manager's word trumps their corporate policy, which is clearly spelled out (including the exceptions). If that was the case, they'd have no need for a policy (written or implied) in the first place. I'm more than happy to challenge a manager to show me where it implicitly states on their corporate's written policy that the individual manager has the last word. THAT caveat, nor anything even remotely resembling it, is not there. My apologies if I was somehow unclear on that.

No worries bwsmom, and I guess I should restate not that you did not read it but failed to mention the rest of their exclusions in your post. Just going off their 1st sentence, yes to me as well there is NO manager discretion or other caveat mentioned at all. My main point I guess is that I feel at least when corporate states "manager discretion" they are referring directly to these price matching exclusions because you will notice quite a few give examples but also state eg. and etc. and who of course would it be up to decide what those might be? The manager of course, and that would be why I wonder what exactly did Indy try to pricematch. I have a feeling it fell under one of these exclusions that is not spelled out entirely and needed the manager's discretion to accept it or not. Kind of like my "Timed event" scenario that happened to me. It was obviously the "mamagers discretion" that the event I was trying to pricematch fell under "timed event" umbrella while apparently other Target stores either just did not care or had a manger that did not believe that was the case.

mattyp4
03-21-10, 10:31 AM
Boy are you wrong and did I ever find out the hard way. My Target would not price match a Toys R Us ad and they would not honor their own coupon from the infamous 5.00 off a Blu-Ray. I even called the corporate number to complain and was told it's at the manager's discretion to accept price matching and/or honor coupons. It was one of the biggest F-You I ever got and I haven't shopped at Target since.

Perhaps I'm just playing devil's advocate, but if Target gave you a hard time about matching Toys R Us' prices, why didn't you just go to Toys R Us in the first place?!

Schloob1
03-21-10, 10:56 AM
Perhaps I'm just playing devil's advocate, but if Target gave you a hard time about matching Toys R Us' prices, why didn't you just go to Toys R Us in the first place?!

I'll defend Indy here in that regards of the idea would be to pricematch and then get it cheaper than the TRU price then using the Target coupon to have be less than buying at TRU. I know I would if I could save an additional $5.

HOWEVER, this is where Indy would be out of luck as this is a HUGE YMMV because per their policy you CANNOT do this. In the policy it does specifically state that they will allow you to pricematch the ad(if applicabl of course) and then usea manufacturer's coupon BUT NOT a Target store coupon. Thankfully like other's I was able to use that Target coupon even after pricematching so even their own computers don't work in this regards. Unfortuantely for Indy in sounds like he actually has a Target store that follows corporate policy to the letter and then possibly moreso. Just depends as I am still waiting to hear back from Indy as to exactly what he was trying to pricematch and if it applied to any of the possible exceptions under their policy that most Target stores seem to ignore but his does not.

noazrk
03-21-10, 12:20 PM
Hmmmm...I know if I'm a Target manager I want to please the customer as long as their request is reasonable so the only reasons I would think they wouldn't do this regarding the TS1/2 releases are:

1. Their Blu-Ray bundle is technically different since they come with a TARGET EXCLUSIVE DVD Game.

2. The price match policy mentions "bundled offers" as one of the exclusions but that's a stretch since the TRU ad says "$16.99 each"

The only way I could see a hassle there with the coupons is if they appear to be photocopied or are B&W.

But that's just to play Devil's Advocate, I'm very confident I won't have a problem using the TRU ad or the coupons.

What's funny is Friday I got my "Upgrade to Blu-Ray" coupons for $8 off and was stoked until yesterday I saw the $10 coupon! At least I got my $8 Pirates coupon and they still had the first movie on sale for $13.

The coupons work FINE at ALL my local Targets (there are 5-6 within 4 miles of our house so if one gives me a hassle I can also try another).

I just hope nobody gets on the intercom and asks for "All White people" to leave the store ;-)

noazrk
03-21-10, 02:12 PM
Here in AZ, best price goes to TRU @ $17, worst sale price goes to Best Buy @ $20.

But I will get mine at Target ($18) because :

1. Their Combo Pack comes with an exclusive DVD-ROM game
2. They will likely price match TRU anyways
3. I have a 10% off Target coupon
4. I MAY be able to use a Target $3 off coupon
5. They usually have many good clearance deals on toys,clothes etc. so it's worth my time to shop there for other things.

Noah

bwsmom
03-21-10, 03:51 PM
No worries bwsmom, and I guess I should restate not that you did not read it but failed to mention the rest of their exclusions in your post. Just going off their 1st sentence, yes to me as well there is NO manager discretion or other caveat mentioned at all. My main point I guess is that I feel at least when corporate states "manager discretion" they are referring directly to these price matching exclusions because you will notice quite a few give examples but also state eg. and etc. and who of course would it be up to decide what those might be? The manager of course, and that would be why I wonder what exactly did Indy try to pricematch. I have a feeling it fell under one of these exclusions that is not spelled out entirely and needed the manager's discretion to accept it or not. Kind of like my "Timed event" scenario that happened to me. It was obviously the "mamagers discretion" that the event I was trying to pricematch fell under "timed event" umbrella while apparently other Target stores either just did not care or had a manger that did not believe that was the case.

I see your point about the "e.g." and "etc." references... You're right, that would definitely leave it to the manager's discretion. I'm still a devoted Target shopper (and will go there Tuesday for the TS BDs), but I'll certainly be wary in the future of those particular caveats that leave the door open for some over-eager, power-mad manager to nix the deal because it might fall under one those more ambiguous exceptions. Regardless of the outcome, that will not be a fun day for that manager! ;)

Travis McClain
03-21-10, 04:24 PM
Their Blu-Ray bundle is technically different since they come with a TARGET EXCLUSIVE DVD Game.

This is why I'd given up hope of price-matching elsewhere. Then, I learned that TRU's ad is supposed to also offer $10.00 off for buying both together...and they aren't advertising any kind of exclusive.

JediJones
03-21-10, 04:59 PM
*EDIT* Another thread seems to say the multiple item trick for forcing coupons there doesn't work if it ever did, so the below scenario would still depend on getting the cashier to override the multiple coupon warning.

I recall someone in this thread or another one saying that if you add enough items to your purchase to match the amount of coupons used, Target's computer won't "flag" with the warning that too many coupons were used. So if that is true, you should be able to add two candy bars to your purchase, and then use both $10 and both $5 Toy Story coupons and not have the computer red flag it for an override. You'd still have to hope the cashier doesn't c-block you (coupon-block ;)) with the policy before scanning them. Maybe you could even pull this off with 6 coupons including the mail-away rebate coupons by buying 6 items. I like what someone else pointed out that if your coupons are going to put your total price into the negative zone, make sure the items you add to your purchase will be expensive enough to cover up the negative cost and leave you paying something.

Another argument I'm considering using is that the $10 coupons aren't technically "coupons," they are a rebate or reimbursement for having bought the previous DVDs. It's a stretch, I know. :hscratch: And I'm still considering the daredevil move of trying to price match the TRU ad at $16.99 per movie, which could potentially lead to this:

$33.98 TRU price match
-$10 Target discount for buying both (my hunch is the computer's going to deduct this, price match or not)
-$20 DMR coupons
-$16 mail-away rebates
-$10 Disney coupons

= -$22.02

noazrk
03-21-10, 05:07 PM
I guess if you don't care about the DVD-Rom go to TRU to buy them, if you want the two DVD games (not sure if they are unique or not?) then they're definitely worth the extra one dollar IF Target won't price match although I'm confident they will.

Btw, one interesting note to people wanting the Target DVD-Rom game.

Target had an exclusive PATF coin purse last week on the combo pack BUT after one Target ran out they restocked it without the exclusive purse so if the games are important I suggest picking them up on Tuesday or Wednesday just to be safe.

Noah

Trevor
03-21-10, 05:10 PM
Current Coupons Linked Below

Here are DVDTalk threads about the Toy Story $5 coupons (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/569356-old-dogs-princess-frog-toy-story-1-2-5-10-coupons.html), $10 coupons (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/571058-save-10-00-off-toy-story-toy-story-2-blu-rays-when-you-upgrade-dvd-vhs.html), and $8 coupons (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/566025-upgrade-disney-blu-ray-get-8-coupon.html). Also pre-order both Toy Story combo packs at Toys-R-Us in-store before Tuesday and get $20 (supposed to be $15, but glitching to $20) off any other Disney title, and TRU will be the best place to buy them anyway.

Direct link to $5 Toy Story and other Disney coupons (http://www.toystorysave5.com/)

Direct link to $10 Toy Story 1&2 coupon site (http://disney.eprize.net/movierewards/index.tbapp?page=gwp/toystory1and2), enter UPCs 786936294507 for TS1 and 786936294521 for TS2

Direct link to site to mail away for $8 Disney upgrade coupons (https://disneyupgradetoblu.com/blu_ray/index.html)

Link to thread with $5 Princess and the Frog coupon, with direct link to print in 1st post (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/570883-princess-frog-dvd-blu-ray-combo-pack-5-off.html)

Here is the thread about the $3, $5, $10, and $16 Redplum coupons for Twilight: New Moon, Astroboy, Bandslam, and Twilight in the Forks (http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bargains/570515-3-off-astro-boy-smart-source-insert.html), and the direct link to the site (http://www.redplum.com/).

Manzana
03-22-10, 06:49 AM
Here in AZ, best price goes to TRU @ $17, worst sale price goes to Best Buy @ $20.

But I will get mine at Target ($18) because :

1. Their Combo Pack comes with an exclusive DVD-ROM game
2. They will likely price match TRU anyways
3. I have a 10% off Target coupon
4. I MAY be able to use a Target $3 off coupon
5. They usually have many good clearance deals on toys,clothes etc. so it's worth my time to shop there for other things.

I think you're misreading the TRU ad. I don't see a $10 combo discount listed in TRU's like in the other stores's ads, so that $17 price is their normal $22 price minus $5 on each (effectively TRU's $10 combo discount). Getting TGT to put their own $10 combo discount on top of TRU's $10 combo discount seems unlikely, but I suppose you can try it and MIGHT get lucky. I'll try it too but I expect a big NO. If that doesn't work, then I'll use the Fry's ad for $19.97 ea with the $10 mfg. coupons on each and expect TGT's $10 combo discount. That would be $10 for both. It seems they shouldn't be able to deny the latter, but I put nothing beyond the realm of possibility.

I'm certain at least one person (and maybe more) will post here (whether or not it's true who knows) that they were able to PM TGT to TRU for $17 ea., get the extra $10 combo discount, and use the $10, $5, and $8 mfg. coupons on top on each item getting them for better than free. Oh, and probably the $3 Disney coupons that don't apply. However, as I live in the real world, I know the best, realistic deal at my Target is a PM + 1 $10 coupon each - $10 combo discount.

I haven't seen a good clearance deal at Target since before Christmas. At several different TGT stores in the area, their electronics sections have been a near empty joke since then. Last time not 1 single console game on clearance. Before Christmas there must've been 30-50 console titles, most $7-$15 each.

thejester
03-22-10, 06:57 AM
That Fry's $19.97 ad price is worded so that it sounds like there is an additional $5 off each title when purchased together (so $14.97ea). Do the dual $10/$5 coupons and you should come out to $.03-. Just be sure to purchase something else.

Murmur
03-22-10, 07:18 AM
Frys here in Indy many times doesn't take these coupons. I know that when Monsters Inc and Up came out, they had flyers up stating that the coupons would not be accepted.

That Fry's $19.97 ad price is worded so that it sounds like there is an additional $5 off each title when purchased together (so $14.97). Do the dual $10/$5 coupons and you should come out to $.03-. Just be sure to purchase something else.

Schloob1
03-22-10, 09:17 AM
I think you're misreading the TRU ad. I don't see a $10 combo discount listed in TRU's like in the other stores's ads, so that $17 price is their normal $22 price minus $5 on each (effectively TRU's $10 combo discount).

Worded differently but definitely the exact same deal. It states "Buy 2 Combo Packs Save an Additional $10". And you yourself allude to that fact so not sure how you can say someone misread it. Because in order to get that $17 price at TRU you have to buy 2 combo packs.