Leverage -- Season 2 Finale Part 1 -- "The Three Strikes Job" -- 02/10/10

Old 02-10-10, 05:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts
Leverage -- Season 2 Finale Part 1 -- "The Three Strikes Job" -- 02/10/10

Photobucket

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
In Part 1 of the two-part Season 2 finale, Nate and his A-team try to scam a crooked local mayor by taking advantage of his passion for baseball. The high-tech outlaws try to cover all the bases, but they're thrown a curve because of an unforeseen snafu. Jeri Ryan and Richard Kind guest star. Dean Devlin directed the episode.

Season Finale also of Leverage. It's 2 parts and will continue next week. I'm going to miss Jeri Ryan after the season wraps. I've grown to like Tara alot.
Old 02-10-10, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 142 Likes on 97 Posts
Re: Leverage -- Season 2 Finale Part 1 -- "The Three Strikes Job" -- 02/10/10

Wow that season flew by, it's finale time already?
Old 02-10-10, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

I'll be looking for Jackie the Jokeman!
Old 02-11-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must not have been paying close enough attention during this episode, because it didn't really make sense to me. From what I gathered, there were three main groups involved: Nate's team, the FBI, the weapon smugglers. The connection between all of them being Richard Kind's character. Now, what exactly was going on in the last act? The FBI were trying to bust Nate's "character"? What crime did he commit? And why would the feds risk blowing the mayor's cover on such a minor deal when they surely must be investigating the weapon smugglers?
Old 02-12-10, 03:11 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I like how they cleverly transformed PGE Park in Portland, Oregon, home of the Portland Beavers, into a stadium in Massachusetts. They picked a Sunday to film the game, when the Beavers wear their throwback uniforms (without the word Portland on them). And they had the word Portland in the Beaver logo changed to whatever P-town it was supposed to be. Unfortunately, the marquee outside the stadium still advertised upcoming games with Omaha, an unlikely opponent for a Massachusetts team.

I was there the day they filmed Eliot (Christian Kane) up at the plate. It happened before the actual game. It took him quite a few swings to actually connect and send one through the infield.
Old 02-13-10, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
I must not have been paying close enough attention during this episode, because it didn't really make sense to me. From what I gathered, there were three main groups involved: Nate's team, the FBI, the weapon smugglers. The connection between all of them being Richard Kind's character. Now, what exactly was going on in the last act? The FBI were trying to bust Nate's "character"? What crime did he commit? And why would the feds risk blowing the mayor's cover on such a minor deal when they surely must be investigating the weapon smugglers?
i don't think they were necessarily blowing his cover. they said he always got off from these corruption cases because he was an informant for the feds. i think they were just continuing to use him, since he provided enough for the feds to make cases against many people. i'd assume, the crime he was committing was taking bribes for business deals.

i guess Jackie the Jokeman will be on next week's episode. i assumed he'd be on both episodes, but apparently just the last of the season finale.
Old 02-15-10, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,539 Posts

I just watched this today off Netflix streaming because my Tivo was getting really full. Thought this was a good opening episode for the season finale, but got really confusing especially after the FBI raide..

Forgive me for not knowing the inside joke, but who's Jackie the Jokeman? And who was he in this episode?

^^ I agree, I thought it was hilarious that they used the Portland Beavers as a Minor League team in Boston. The whole move thing was really silly. From what I understood from this episode, weren't they moving to another part of town? Near the waterfront at the fake Stadium that Nate and Tara were pretending to scout? It's not like they were moving out of State?

The Protest outside the Park with Hardison and Parker was hilarious. And Elliot playing a baseball and homeland security was funny too.

And Gosh I know Jeri Ryan is essentially done with this show after next week, but dang I like her. Very sexy and I think she works well with Hutton onscreen. I hope she will Guest star at least once in the Summer episodes.

Last edited by DJariya; 02-15-10 at 05:12 AM.