Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

1960s,1970s,1980s Rock Music on DVD?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-10, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts

Whats out their in other regions thats not available in R1? Looking for videos or concerts:
Bananarama
Three Dog Night
Grass Roots
Mamas and Papas
Sly and Family Stone
CCR
Chicago
Kansas
Boston
Turtles
Zombies
Argent
Canned Heat
Mountain
Adam Ant
The Animals
Eric Burdon and the Animals
Dave Clark 5
Grand Funk Railroad
Procol Harum
Old 02-12-10, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts
Re: 1960s,1970s,1980s Rock Music on DVD?

There's a bunch of 80s music video compilations that haven't been put out in the US. I have one from Germany on Sony Music, I forget the title except that it's in German ("Der80sHits" something or other), but it's over 2 hours of videos. Only bad thing is they didn't get the best quality masters for a lot of them. There's another series also put out by Sony that has a bunch of music videos grouped by year- those are really hard to find, I found mine through ways we can't talk about here, but I liked them so much I tried to do the right thing and buy them, then found they were already discontinued.

There also exists a DVD companion to the German "Pop and Wave" CD compilations, but I've never been able to track it down in any form.

Most music discs aren't region coded BTW (though I have a best of A-Ha DVD that's coded for every region EXCEPT 1!), you just have to be able to play back PAL format. Most A/V receivers with HDMI can display PAL signals on US TVs at the proper frame rate, unlike the players that convert to NTSC.