Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy or Target ads anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy or Target ads anyone?

I see that not only is the upcoming Best Buy ad (blu only) on the BluRay section, but the week after. Yet nothing here.

I don't have a bluray player so I don't care about what blurays are on sale, what about the DVD's and CD's? Surely someone has them considering the BluRay's in the ad have been posted long ago.
Old 01-22-10, 07:58 PM

Re: Best Buy or Target ads anyone?

I've been checking here the past few days too. I want to know the DVD/CD prices too.
Old 01-22-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kristina
I've been checking here the past few days too. I want to know the DVD/CD prices too.
yea, I know sometimes they're late to leak, but if the Jan 31st ad is posted in the bluray section, I think it's just people thinking nobody cares about regular old DVD's or CD's anymore.
Old 01-22-10, 08:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

You can see what's in the 1-24 Target ad here: http://www.totallytarget.com/?p=4393
Old 01-22-10, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the Target ad, I am shocked they don't have This Is It in the ad, I was curious to see who has the best price of that
Old 01-22-10, 09:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nothingfails
thanks for the Target ad, I am shocked they don't have This Is It in the ad, I was curious to see who has the best price of that
It's in the ad. The blogger has it listed in a separate gift card deals link that is on top of the page. DVD is 15.99 and free $5 gift card with the 12.99 CD.
Old 01-22-10, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

yea, I know sometimes they're late to leak, but if the Jan 31st ad is posted in the bluray section, I think it's just people thinking nobody cares about regular old DVD's or CD's anymore.
The source of the (very) early Blu-ray Disc prices from Best Buy is a BB employee who posts them to blu-ray.com as soon as he gets them, which in turn then get posted on this site in the Blu-ray Bargains forum...it's not that "nobody cares about DVD", you just need to realize the who/where/why of the situation...
Old 01-23-10, 01:56 AM

I care very much about the DVD prices.
I think I am one those people who contributed to the 6 Billion in DVD sales in 2009, and not the 2 Billion BluRay minority.
Old 01-23-10, 10:33 AM

I care about DVD / CD / Video Game prices!!
Old 01-23-10, 11:32 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Wonderful. So one of you guys should get a job at Target so you can provide those DVD prices to others.
Old 01-23-10, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Willo007
I care very much about the DVD prices.
I think I am one those people who contributed to the 6 Billion in DVD sales in 2009, and not the 2 Billion BluRay minority.
Your numbers are off. You gave BR ~25% of "sales" which is a bit high:

"According to figures released by the Digital Entertainment Group, spending on Blu-ray sales and rentals was up 67% to $1.5 billion. Homes with Blu-ray Disc players rose to 17 million, up 76% over 2008. In the fourth quarter alone, Blu-ray enjoyed title sales in excess of $500 million, representing 13.4 percent of all sell-through sales versus 8% percent for each of the prior three quarters."

"DVD sales and rentals dropped 11% year-over-year to $16.4 billion, a gap that could not be made up by surging spending on Blu-ray, up 67% to $1.5 billion, and digital downloads and video on demand, up 31% to $2.1 billion."

DEG report here.

While the "industry" calls this "phenomenal", it seems somewhat lackluster to me. Yes there was very good growth, but the current penetration just doesn't seem to merit the shelf space accorded.

I *know* I'm one of the contributors to "regular" DVD sales...
Old 01-23-10, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Wonderful. So one of you guys should get a job at Target so you can provide those DVD prices to others.
Lol, I had one with target until November. Never thought about posting dvd prices here for some reason. I do find it weird that we don't have a scan of the prices this week.