Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Musa - Definitive version ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-10, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Musa - Definitive version ?

The best version I had found a few years ago was a Director's Cut I got off ebay.. i think it was this one.. i'm at work now so I can't check.

The problem I had with it is that the subtitles weren't very refined (in terms of grammar, etc) and towards the end of the film it felt to me like there was an audio-sync issue. I still am happy with this because it's the longest version of the film (afaik) and gives the characters a lot more depth, but I am wondering if there is a better version out there somewhere... or if it is slated for bluray at some point in the future.
Old 01-21-10, 09:09 PM

Re: Musa - Definitive version ?

The best release is the Region 3 2-DVD Korean release, but that's going to be hard to fine for a good price.

If your DVD looks like the one in that link then it's either an official Mainland China release (which is usually bad) or a bootleg (more likely)
Old 01-22-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 635 Likes on 467 Posts

That version in the link is indeed from Mainland China, but it's also legit and a half-decent release (emphasis on half ), although many of the bootlegs on the market were likely created from it.
Old 01-22-10, 12:28 PM

Actually, I think the bootleg I used to own was from the R3 Korean release (based on the cover art). I see the original seems to be about $30 on the same site.. I'll think about getting it, but if I remember correctly the subs were not any different.

What makes you say the release is 'half-decent' ? Is it video quality? sound? extras? I'm not offended in the slightest, I'm just curious about what I should be looking to improve by purchasing a different version. I mentioned the issues I had with my version in the first post (don't know if anyone else can verify them).