Search this Thread

Old 01-13-10, 04:41 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Leverage -- "The Runway Job" -- 01/13/10

Leverage

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Crimes of fashion compel Nate's justice league to surreptitiously permeate the high-fashion world in order to trounce a tyrannical sweatshop owner. Jeri Ryan guest stars.

I hate the way TNT has been promoting this as a "Season Premiere" which is not the case. This is episode 10 of 15 from Season 2 still.

Jeri Ryan apparently will appear in the final 6 episodes as Gina Bellman's fill-in. I cannot find anything about whether Gina Bellman had her baby yet either.

Anyways, Sophie probably won't be back as a full-time character until Season 3.
Old 01-13-10, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Leverage -- "The Runway Job" -- 01/13/10

BTW, I'm glad the show is back, but the 1st 9 episodes from the Summer were so inconsistent. There were a few really good and funny episodes, but most of them were mediocre to bad.
Old 01-13-10, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk God

If anyone is curious, Gina Bellman had her baby in November. She won't return as a full-time cast member until season 3, which premieres this summer.
Old 01-14-10, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It got way to hammy in the first part of season 2. Lets hope this is a return to form as the last ep to air was a step in the right direction. I'm about to watch it......fingers crossed.

I really loathe the new Season 2 opening...."Hitter, Hacker...blah blah blah". Lame!

Any Hustle fans out there? Series 6 started in the UK last week!
Old 01-14-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

OK episode but I just can't get into the Jeri Ryan character at all, the sooner she is gone the better IMHO.
Old 01-14-10, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm starting to wonder if this show is on the decline. I thought the episode was OK, but nothing great.

I really liked Season 1, Season 2 was really up and down. There also doesn't seem to be the same inter-play between the characters. There was stuff between the Jeri Ryan character and the others but that didn't do much for me (I also hope she is not around on the show very long).

I do wonder how much longer they'll be able to keep the con of the week fresh - the one this week was OK, but nothing special. And the 5-0 code was real tricky and not at all predictable
Old 01-14-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't think the ep was very good, but I was also kind of distracted while watching it. The job didn't have a lot of flow to it, even before the Triad reveal. I'm also not sold on Ryan.
Old 01-15-10, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk God

I'm going to have to disagree with most of the comments above. I actually thought this was a pretty good episode to start off this last 6 of the season.

I thought there was some good interplay with the cast, especially with how uncomfortable they initially were working with Tara.

I was laughing at Hardison's reaction to Elliott with the mascara and tight leather pants. They play so well off each other.

I was very critical to most of the 1st 9 episodes as some of the jobs were pretty ho-hum, but I actually thought this case was somewhat compelling and the Trisd reveal with Mr. Pan was interesting. Hutton and Ryan were pretty good playing off each other as the over the top fashion people. I didn't immediately catch on to the whole 5-0 con reveal at the end and the swapping of the flash drive.

This is only Jeri Ryan's 2nd episode, so I can't fully judge her yet as Tara or as a Grifter, but to me she seemed to work well with the team on this job.

I know Gina Bellman was still pregnant when these episodes were filmed, but the little video chat conversations with her in Paris or other parts of Europe seem a little silly. Sophie left the team to distance herself from the cases and her issues with Nate, but yet she still can't stay away from chiming in.