Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Help reg. importing Blu-Ray player

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-10, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey,

I posted this in the HD Talk section and was told to try in here also in hope that a fellow european can help me out. So i'll just re-post my post

I live in denmark and have been thinking about importing a BR player from the US but i have little to no knowledge on electronics () so i was hoping some one here could help me out. Is there anything specific i need to run an importet BR player? How are they noise wise? Do they sound more like a Xbox360 then a PS3? The reason i'm asking is because my parents' Samsung player makes a lot of noise when it's on.

The player i was thinking about getting is the Sony S360.

Hope someone can help me out.

Thanks,
Anders
Old 01-07-10, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Help reg. importing Blu-Ray player

I can't help you and I didn't do that well in this particular section of science, but wouldn't one of the big corcerns be about voltage and the electrical plug etc.
Old 01-07-10, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by BuddhaWake
I can't help you and I didn't do that well in this particular section of science, but wouldn't one of the big corcerns be about voltage and the electrical plug etc.
That was brought up in the other thread. If i could supply it with 120 V 60 Hz power then i might be fine. Don't know, though.
Old 01-07-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For the import player, make sure you get a power converter to change 110V to the European standard. (240V, i think?) And you can buy one of those very easily.

Other than that, cables and other things are the same.

As for noise, depends on the player....
Old 01-08-10, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Why would anyone like to import a Blu-ray player from the US is beyond my understanding. One will most likely end up paying more than that in Europe when local VAT & tax is included.

The only validated reason should be trying to get a Multiregion Blu-ray & DVD player like the Momitsu or one of its many clones. Go eBay IŽd say.

Do remember that should anything, heaven forbid, go wrong with player it can be a costly hasle to get it fixed.
Old 01-08-10, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by manicsounds
For the import player, make sure you get a power converter to change 110V to the European standard. (240V, i think?) And you can buy one of those very easily.

Other than that, cables and other things are the same.

As for noise, depends on the player....
If i only need the converter then there shouldnt be any problems setting it up. Cool, thanks, Manic :rock

Originally Posted by Dane
Why would anyone like to import a Blu-ray player from the US is beyond my understanding. One will most likely end up paying more than that in Europe when local VAT & tax is included.

The only validated reason should be trying to get a Multiregion Blu-ray & DVD player like the Momitsu or one of its many clones. Go eBay IŽd say.

Do remember that should anything, heaven forbid, go wrong with player it can be a costly hasle to get it fixed.
I've calculated and with the price of the S360 + shipping + customs, it will still be cheaper then buying one here. And this way i can see all the US imports.