Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Anyone sold to CashForDVDsAndGames.com?

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-09, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stumbled across this site while looking for a place to sell my old DVDs... http://www.cashfordvdsandgames.com/landing.bb

They offer higher prices than most other vendors on a bunch of titles. Wondering if anybody's ever dealt with them or heard anything about them. Thanks.
Old 01-01-10, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts
Re: Anyone sold to CashForDVDsAndGames.com?

a.k.a. newtownvideo.com

Trustworthy site.
Old 01-01-10, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where did you see they're the same company?

This is Newtown's contact info:
1601 Republic Rd Unit 104
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
215-322-5551

And this is cashfordvdsandgames:
www.cashfordvdsandgames.com/videostop
89 Main Street
West Lebanon, NH , 03784

They're both powered by buybak, but they seem to be different businesses.

Last edited by Evolution; 01-01-10 at 09:18 PM.
Old 01-02-10, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry, my mistake. Websites are identical in appearance, offer comparable prices for used DVDs, and pay shipping. Seems fishy.
Old 01-12-10, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since I initially asked about this site, I figured it was worth following up. The staff there is very friendly and they handled my transaction very professionally. I inspected all my DVDs very closely before shipping, and after a couple back and forth e-mails every single one was accepted. The only holdup was for copies of Nightmare Before Xmas and James & The Giant Peach marked "Not for Individual Sale" on the UPC. After I explained that the DVDs were actually purchased as part of the 2-pack (which had a higher trade-in value), they gave me the higher prices on both discs.

I sent in 22 individual movies and 3 box sets. Cash4DVDsandgames.com quoted me the best prices around on all titles, and they followed through. I chose payment to Paypal opting for expediency at a 3% cost, but they will also mail a check if you prefer. Highest possible trade-in recommendation if you're looking to thin out your collection.
Old 01-13-10, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the update. I'll give them consideration next time.
Old 02-11-10, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I ended up trying this outfit based on Evolution's recommendation, and I would probably sell to it again even though there were some glitches. My order arrived quickly and was processed quickly and assessed fairly, I think. 4 of 45 discs had light scratches, 1 had heavy scratches, which meant a total deduction of a few dollars. I don't remember there being any scratches on the discs I sent ( I take very good care of my stuff, so the scratches must have been there when I got them), but I did neglect to inspect them before shipping, so I don't doubt the inspection at CashforDVDs was legit.

The problem came at payment time when, over the course of a week or so, my representative twice promised payment that failed to materialize. I thought I was simply being ripped off outright, and was preparing to do whatever damage I could from a distance after allowing a couple more weeks for the store to make good on the transaction.
However, the payment did arrive with an apology from the representative, who said he just screwed up in this instance. I concede, these things can happen, but interim communication should have been better.

I have been happier with the reliability of Newtownvideo, but CashforDVDsandGames offers a slightly higher value, so it's really a bit of a toss-up. Both are hands-down the best option for those who want to get rid of DVDs, CDs, or games without the hassle of selling them individually on Amazon, Ebay, or Half.
Old 03-08-10, 09:28 PM

Great people! Fast service! Fair prices!

I was a skeptic as this was my first time ever using the internet to sell anything. I want to thank "Evolution" for his/her post as I would have never trusted the site if it wasn’t for the post. I had (retail value) over $1K worth of DVD's which were in excellent condition, so of course I was concerned about blindly sending my DVD's to a company which I had never heard of.

I must have visited 10 different sites that all claimed to offer the best deals for your DVD's, CD's or Games. I even called a few (the ones that actually provided a telephone number). I read many posts and visited the BBB to check out some of the companies. Through all my research, I decided to do business with cashfordvdsandgames. Using the website was easy to navigate, the terms and conditions (which I read in its entirety) was clear and concise. I was very pleased with the prices offered for my DVD's. The prices were the best and I communicated via email and received timely responses. Every step of the process was fair and honest.

I sent about 55-60 different DVD titles (mostly TV series), 53 titles the first time and about 5 titles the second time. (Yes I used them twice….lol) Once you list the DVD's if you have some that they do not need at the time you enter them, it saves them until they are in demand. The staff was absolutely fantastic!! I reviewed my online account and was able to track the entire process (when the box was received, and that my payment was pending to pay, showed me if there was any changes to my order such as scratches or missing discs). Out of all of the DVD's I sent only 2 had minor scratches $.50 reduction for each…(AMAZING). Keep in mind that although I had about 60 titles there may have been about 200-250 discs since they were mostly TV series (3-6 discs per title).

My 1st transaction began about 2.5 weeks ago. I actually waited until both of my orders completed and all checks cleared in my bank account. I chose to wait to give the most accurate account of my experience(s) with the company. Speaking of checks, my checks came almost a few days after my shipments were updated on the website as received.

All in all I was extremely satisfied with my entire experience. Not only would I recommend them I would also use them again. I agree with Norm De Plume regarding the legitimacy of the inspection, it seemed to be fair and honest.

I hope this post helps others in their decision to use this service, I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old 03-09-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just sent them a box last week and they received it Monday (the 8th) but have yet to process it. I Imagine/hope they'll get to it tomorrow.

Box was processed today the 9th. Two items were dinged $2 each for heavy scratches. (Both were bought new I think, only watched one of the items, but whatever, only $4 total) and another was dinged $.60 for a damaged case (not going to argue over 60 cents). One item was rejected for having a bad disc (multi-disc show, was an expensive trade in item, however I never watched the show, so maybe it came like that when I bought it, who knows.). I also sent in two items by mistake that I intended to trade in at a different site but mistakenly put in this box. I had pretty much narrowed it down to this shipment, since the other three places hadn't said anything, but any of them could have been dishonest and just kept it since it wasn't on any lists or submitted items on any of them, however I was given credit for them as well. They also included the tracking number for the rejected item I requested (at trade in) that I wanted back. I'm happy. Check is suppose to go out Friday.

Check was sent out 3/10 and received 3/12. No problems whatsoever. Would definitely recommend.
Old 03-09-10, 06:22 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does Paige0000 work for the company? Sounds like an advertisement.
Old 03-09-10, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RonG617
Does Paige0000 work for the company? Sounds like an advertisement.
I checked. Does not appear to be.
Old 03-09-10, 07:22 PM

Thank you to all of our customers.
No paige000 does not work for us
Pilot will get paid tomorrow not Friday and his DVD we returned looked OK but i was concerned that i would sell to someone else and they may have a problem. It probably works just fine
Brian
cashfordvdsandgames.com
Old 03-10-10, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cashfordvds
...his DVD we returned looked OK but i was concerned that i would sell to someone else and they may have a problem. It probably works just fine...
I appreciate the integrity of that. Any DVD/CD that looks iffy you're better off rejecting than handing along to a buyer. I used to buy used CDs from a well-known online used-CD/DVD company, but my last order contained a bunch of CDs that were in pretty lousy condition (though they all played without difficulties).
Needless to say, although I had been very happy with this company before then, I haven't bought anything from it since.
Old 03-18-10, 01:07 AM

Wow. Both NewTownVideo.com and CashForDVDsAndGames.com do offer some really good prices. I'd like to give these places a try.

Question though... Their websites are essentially 100% identical. Is this some sort of "off-the-shelf" web commerce software that both sites happen to use?

I've been selling primarily to DVD Planet and SecondSpin for the past several years. I've been happy with the experiences, but DVD Planet hasn't been taking used titles for awhile and SecondSpin sometimes can only offer 5-10 cents for titles.
Old 03-18-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They all use the same platform - which is run by www.buybak.com

http://sell.newtownvideo.com
http://www.sellitnow.com (which is also newtownvideo)
http://www.cashfordvdsandgames.com
http://www.buybackmedia.com

There's others. If you sit at www.buybak.com main page the banner will cycle through other companies they provide the platform to. I listed them below. One other one came up but the URL doesn't work. Personally, I've only used cashfordvdsandgames.com and newtownvideo.com and would 100% use them again (in addition to secondspin.com and abundatrade.com both of which I used and would also use again.)

http://www.entertainmentbuyback.com
http://www.megamediaxchange.com (doesn't seem to work at the moment)
http://www.buybackdirect.com (also newtownvideo again)
http://www.buybackmadness.com
Old 03-31-10, 08:33 PM

I've sold to CashForDVDsAndGames.com, and I was NOT happy with my experience at all. I received an e-mail confirmation when they received my items stating they had deducted a certain amount for scratches on the items. I checked my account on their website and realized the numbers didn't match up. When I e-mailed Brian Molloy back, he stated he had mixed up my account with another customer's. This made me question whether they even knew what they were doing. Then to top it off, I realized from the Account page on their website that they were basically taking my items for FREE without paying me. They claimed there were scratches (which I am a little skeptical of), so they deducted money from the total, thereby leaving the payout amount $0 for some items. I e-mailed Brian to ask for all the items back that they were not going to pay for me (including the "accepted" ones), and he wrote me back 6 days later stating that they had already sent the items out to be recycled. What about the items they accepted that they aren't going to pay me for? They work fine, so I might as well have them back! Plus, you know they are going to turn around and sell them anyway so they might as well pay me SOMETHING for them. All I can say is I am very dissatisfied with this company. I will never do business with them again.
If you are looking to sell your CD's, games, and DVD's, I would recommend using Secondspin.com. They considered a few of my items unsellable, but they gladly mailed them back to me. Also, they pay more for most items and are very quick with e-mail responses - and courteous!
Old 07-27-10, 12:53 PM

I am in the process of selling, they returned the item that was deemed unacceptable(disc is scratch free so i don't know why it is unacceptable) I was thinking my check would be with the returned item, but of course it was not. I sent an email to the customer service address, only to get a bs auto response stating they were out of the office, and that they would be back at 10 a.m. est. This is at 1:30 p.m., Hours are listed as 10 to 4, so i am already starting to feel iffy about the whole thing. Too early to call it, but I will post back as to how it ends. Customer service is lacking so far though.

Update: Received email stating that check was sent out today, i take back by customer service comment, service is great. Would def. use the service again

Last edited by jupiter281; 07-27-10 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-27-10, 05:00 PM

Anyone have a coupon for any of the sites?

Last edited by lilmotto; 07-27-10 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-28-10, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jupiter281
Update: Received email stating that check was sent out today, i take back by customer service comment, service is great. Would def. use the service again
Clever shill.
Old 07-28-10, 02:04 PM

Do not sell to NEWTOWNVIDEO here is my story.

I own a record store and also buy out large collections all the time. I have used secondspin.com for years and they always do a fantastic job. I decided to try out NEWTOWNVIDEO and see what they offered. When I looked at the rules of selling they seem pretty much identical to secondspin so I went ahead and put together a small batch of about 40 cds to sell to them.

My order consisted of 2 copies of 20 different titles all of which NTV said they would pay cash for on the site. The CDs were in perfect never played condition because I myself personally unwrapped them. I even changed the cases on any that had small cracks. None of the CDs were cutouts or promos all were 100% flawless. I went ahead and shipped out the box with insurance which cast me $18 which is suppose to be reimbursed once they process the order and cut you a check.

I looked at my account a couple of days ago and it says that they rejected 28 of the 40 CDs. On top of this it says that I have a balance of -$6 because they shipped the rejected CDs back to me. I emailed the company right away to ask why they had rejected the 28 CDs. I did receive a fast reply stating that the items were closeout CDs which they did not want. I would not call the items closeout CDs myself as I do really well with the titles both in my store and on Amazon and Ebay. In fact a few of the titles sell on a regular basis online for me at $15-$25 each. Even if they want to call the items closeout CDs then why did they take 12 of the CDs and reject the others? Basically they picked through the CDs that they wanted and sent the others back to me even though it says on the site that they pay money for all of the CDs. I am out $24 cash from shipping and they kept 12 CDs.

I have emailed back and fourth many times and they just keep giving me the run around. I asked them to ship all the CDs back but they said they couldn't do that because the CDs had already been processed. I also pointed out that all of the CDs that they rejected are still listed as CDs that they would purchase on the site.

For others thinking of using this site I would suggest using secondspin.com who take more titles and seem to pay more as well. They also will return any unwanted items to you at no charge to you. Normally I ship 100-125 CDs at a time to them and I get maybe 2 or 3 back.
Old 07-28-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by izatright
Clever shill.
Yeah, what's up with all the first time posters on this thread??? Makes me think twice about all their comments...
Old 07-28-10, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wildman1037
Yeah, what's up with all the first time posters on this thread??? Makes me think twice about all their comments...
I check them to see if they are shills, and they are not.
Old 07-28-10, 11:47 PM

I am new to this message board but the above is really what happened with Newtownvideo. I am trying to prevent other people from wasting time and money on sending items to them. I have also filed a report with the BBB.
Old 08-01-10, 06:00 PM

So what is the scoop which is legit and which is not?
Old 08-02-10, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have had 2 transactions with NewtownVideo, and both were positive. Nothing rejected and I was paid super-fast.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.