Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

only 200 Toshiba DW65X91 HDTVs made, anyone else have one?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

only 200 Toshiba DW65X91 HDTVs made, anyone else have one?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-00, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got mine about a month ago before the store even had any to display. I was having problems- picture flashes to black and depending on the scene color I'd see red, blue or green bars scrolling up the screen. They just brought me a replacement 2 days ago & the picture looks much better. It's still flashing to black every 40 minutes or so though. The place I bought it called Toshiba & one of their CSRs called me. She said mine was the first call for this model. She said they only made 200 & aren't making more. The fact that I had 2 of the 200 & they both had a defect made her a little nervous. I wonder why they only made 200? Besides this glitch, it looks great. It's a 65" HDTV (16x9- actual screen size is 32"x57") that has the HDTV decoder and the DirecTv receiver built in. It has 2 Colorstream inputs & fiberoptic audio-out. It also came with a free eliptical dish. I wonder if LE tvs are worth money? If they're all defective, I wonder if they'll hook me up with their next new model?
Old 07-22-00, 11:34 AM

I guess that's why you dont see the DW65 listed on their website. I got the TW65X81 several months ago and am very happy with it. The DST3000 set top will eventually come out (or will it?) and the combo will be the same as the DW.

I've heard they are are only making 3 TW65's a month... can that be true?
Old 07-23-00, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I thought I saw it on the website before I bought it? Maybe I just saw it on a retailers website. They told me they were backordered, then a store near me said they couldn't even special order one for me. I happened to find a store in King Of Prussia that just got a bunch in their warehouse, but they didn't have one in the store yet. Mine was delivered the day after the store got theirs. I finally got the dish, etc. installed today & watched my first HDTV broadcast. The HDTV PPV channel was alternating Peter Frampton & Stone Temple Pilot concerts for free all day. The Frampton show looked incredible. The detail & color were GREAT. I paid for the HDTV broadcast of American Beauty & it also looked incredible (although only in DD stereo?). I can't believe they make so few of these tvs? I guess not too many people will pay that much for a tv. Definitely worth it!