Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

audio issues for Braveheart blu-ray

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-09, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I got the Braveheart blu-ray over Thanksgiving and I watched 5 min or so just to check out the quality and had no issues, audio or video.

I pop it in tonight and I'm not getting any audio during any part of the disc (menu screens or movie). Video is good.

I thought it might be my TV but it works perfect when flipping through cable or when I play 360.

Thought it might be the new blu-ray player I bought, so I tried a couple other blu-rays and they worked fine. Made sure the HDMI cable was securely connected to both TV and player. Firmware is up-to-date. Audio settings are normal.

Pardon my language, but what the FUCK is the problem?!?
Old 12-14-09, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: audio issues for Braveheart blu-ray

Originally Posted by Osiris3657
I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong section.

I got the Braveheart blu-ray over Thanksgiving and I watched 5 min or so just to check out the quality and had no issues, audio or video.

I pop it in tonight and I'm not getting any audio during any part of the disc (menu screens or movie). Video is good.

I thought it might be my TV but it works perfect when flipping through cable or when I play 360.

Thought it might be the new blu-ray player I bought, so I tried a couple other blu-rays and they worked fine. Made sure the HDMI cable was securely connected to both TV and player. Firmware is up-to-date. Audio settings are normal.

Pardon my language, but what the FUCK is the problem?!?
Could be a bad HDMI handshake. Did you shut it all off and try again? This is a basic, but extremely effective troubleshooting step.
Old 12-14-09, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts
Re: audio issues for Braveheart blu-ray

I have, no dice.

Fortunately Amazon has agreed to ship me a new copy of Braveheart.