Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Amazing Race 15 -- Season Finale -- "Amazing Grace,How Sweet the Sound"-- 12/6/09

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Amazing Race 15 -- Season Finale -- "Amazing Grace,How Sweet the Sound"-- 12/6/09

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-09, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

The Amazing Race 15

The Race concludes tonight at the finish line in Las Vegas.

<object width='400' height='300'><param name='movie' value='http://www.cbs.com/e/6LtnxgyENYoRjArYlREWoL7qZ3wVPOwJ/cbs/1/'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param><embed width='400' height='300' src='http://www.cbs.com/e/6LtnxgyENYoRjArYlREWoL7qZ3wVPOwJ/cbs/1/' allowfullscreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' type='application/x-shockwave-flash'></embed></object>
Old 12-06-09, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Re: The Amazing Race 15 -- Season Finale -- "Amazing Grace,How Sweet the Sound"-- 12/

A number of big ET/CT markets have a late CBS NFL game (SD/CLE) including DC, Philly, Charlotte, Atlanta, Ohio markets, New Orleans and Chicago, among others, so pad accordingly.
Old 12-06-09, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: The Amazing Race 15 -- Season Finale -- "Amazing Grace,How Sweet the Sound"-- 12/

Originally Posted by Red Dog
A number of big ET/CT markets have a late CBS NFL game (SD/CLE) including DC, Philly, Charlotte, Atlanta, Ohio markets, New Orleans and Chicago, among others, so pad accordingly.
Will start at 8:15 in effected markets.
Old 12-06-09, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I knew the brothers weren't going to know who Wayne Newton was and I don't think he should've said anything more than "my house" as the clue.

Pretty disappointing Road block given the 'whole race' challenges we've had the last couple.
Old 12-06-09, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Awesome, the correct team won.

Not only did Brian lose the race, but he loses at life since he has to spend the rest of it with that bitch.
Old 12-06-09, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the challenge where they have to recap the whole race and bring in clues from all the previous legs? That was the final leg? Disappointing . . .
Old 12-06-09, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad the right team won. Can't stand the brothers and that super bitch, Erica. My God, do I feel sorry for Brian.
Old 12-06-09, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Thank god the douchebags didn't win. How can you not know Wayne Newton. Idiots. He shouldn't have told them who he was.

Cool to see it end in Vegas. I've been through McCarran many times. I wonder how they got cabs so fast there.

I think the chip count was a good challenge - attention to detail, although it isn't as tv-friendly as the trip-memory final tasks they've had.
Old 12-06-09, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

As much as I didn't like Brian and Erica, I really like what she said at the end. Her tantrum at the Cirque was incredible. Damn!

And Yes, the correct team did win. To make up all that time with the chips...pretty amazing.
Old 12-06-09, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

I agree with the sentiment here. The right team won. Sometimes an inferior team will luck out and run a perfect final leg (cough...Flo...cough) so it's good to see a team that was so dominant close the deal. And they proved why they were the best team again tonight. Even when they screwed up, they kept their head together and made up a bunch of time.

I bet the Globetrotters felt bad watching this leg. They held back Flight Time's final roadblock b/c he had a better memory than Big Easy, and they were expecting a memory challenge in the final leg. It would have been fun seeing Big Easy try to go down that building.

I just saw that Elvis guy in Charlene Yi's "documentary" Paper Heart.
Old 12-06-09, 10:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

As boring a team as they were, Meghan & Cheyne were the team that should have won.

Still, this is one of the more disappointing final legs I've seen on the show. The poker chip challenge and racing to Wayne Newton's ranch was a little dull for TV. Maybe they wanted to change things up from previous seasons. Or maybe they wanted to throw teams for a loop, instead of allowing them to plan for the inevitable put these things in the order you did them task, a la Luke and Margie.
Old 12-06-09, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

The final order was expected, but a great season. I'm also disappointed that there was no final challenge save the chips. Really, this whole leg of the race came down to counting chips. It was pretty amazing Meagan and Cheyne rip through them though.
Old 12-06-09, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Imagine the poker girls doing that last challenge ha.
Old 12-07-09, 12:13 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts

Happy that Megan and Cheyne won . They ran a great great race.

Unreal that they came from behind, and won the poker challenge..
Old 12-07-09, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Satisfying conclusion.

Brian has the patience of a freakin' saint. He's easily the most even-keeled player ever on AR. Never once got the impression that he was a push-over either...seems like he just knew how to deal with her tantrums. I didn't mind her much (even though her blow-up during the Cirque challenge was EPIC), and enjoyed her comments on the mat at the end.

And the brothers? Still douches.
Old 12-07-09, 12:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 194 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Satisfying conclusion.

Brian has the patience of a freakin' saint. He's easily the most even-keeled player ever on AR. Never once got the impression that he was a push-over either...seems like he just knew how to deal with her tantrums. I didn't mind her much (even though her blow-up during the Cirque challenge was EPIC), and enjoyed her comments on the mat at the end.

And the brothers? Still douches.
I afraid I'm going to still have to give the most patient award to Zach. While Ericka was annoying sometimes, and Brian had to basically put up with it what Zach had to tolerate was in an entirely different league. Really, it wasn't even the same sport. And Zach even ended up winning the race with that ball and chain tied to his ankle.
Old 12-07-09, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

I agree that the right team won.

They may have come from behind but they both kept calm, well a whole hell of lot calmer than the other teams, and finished the poker chip challenge perfectly. They got it on the first attempt and then bolted like hell was coming after their asses.

Erica just kept losing it and the brothers just kept fighting. The best way to win this is to stay as calm as possible.
Old 12-07-09, 02:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Happy that Megan and Cheyne won . They ran a great great race.
They were so boring though. If you casted 10-12 teams like them it would be incredibly unwatchable tv.

The best moments of this show are people becoming trainwrecks not efficient race robots.

Boring people should not be casted on Reality shows ever.

Last edited by Howie2000; 12-07-09 at 02:24 AM.
Old 12-07-09, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Awesome, the correct team won.

Not only did Brian lose the race, but he loses at life since he has to spend the rest of it with that bitch.

For all any of us know outside of high stress moments with $1m dollars on the line she could be the sweetest person in the world.
Old 12-07-09, 06:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Howie2000

For all any of us know outside of high stress moments with $1m dollars on the line she could be the sweetest person in the world.
It's not like it was only that one incident. She's been an unbearable hag for most of the race.
Old 12-07-09, 06:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

She's a former Miss America, so I imagine she's high maintenance 24/7.
Old 12-07-09, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by BGPu
Or maybe they wanted to throw teams for a loop, instead of allowing them to plan for the inevitable put these things in the order you did them task, a la Luke and Margie.
I figure that's why they did it. The teams had undoubtedly gone over the trip and made a list (probably keeping a log with them) before this final leg started.
Old 12-07-09, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They should've saved the hay challenge for the final road block.
Old 12-07-09, 09:25 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked this finale, but then again I like any episode where the order completely flip flops from challenge to challenge. Every contestant was in first, second, and third place at some point in the episode.
Old 12-07-09, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I liked Erica's speach at the end about looking past outer beauty and seeing the good on the inside. Brian needs to take her advice and get a divorce.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.