Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

newegg - WARNING!

Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

newegg - WARNING!

Old 11-27-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
newegg - WARNING!

i am having a very bad experience with newegg so i need to vent..

been a loyal customer of newegg for the past 6 years and bought tons of stuff from them and never had to return an item. a few weeks ago i bought a computer motherboard and 4 gigs of memory from them which do not work. so i returned it for a replacement.

1. shipping via UPS took 7 days since their rma is in california. (i'm in nyc)
2. received email that they recieved my item and it would take 2-3 days to process.
3. 3 days pass and no reponse. called them and told it would take 2-5 days to process. said the email was incorrect
4. at the end of day 5, i received an email saying they only received the motherboard.
5. called and email on day 6 told them that i sent both in the box and told them to check it carefully since i stuffed the box with peanut foams. was told on the phone that i would definitely receive a reponse by end of day.
6. day 7 morning. received no response. called again and told the same shit. still no response. i am very pissed off.

where else can i vent and post?
reselleratings.com?
i spent over 1K a year at newegg for the past 6 years and they are giving me aggravation of a 70$ memory chip. very pissed off.
it is unacceptable to me to take over a week to process a return. (2+ weeks if you include the time to ship the item back)
Old 11-27-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: newegg - WARNING!

Newegg has their own forums were customer service representatives read and post - http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/default.aspx

I had an issue last year and they took care of it after reading my post there.
Old 11-29-09, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

now these lying bastards are saying they did not receive the memory.
since its my word against theirs, i'm out 80 bucks.

since my rma is now processed, i asked when they will ship a replacement motherboards and they tell me it will take another another 2-3 days.

also my review on resellersrating is still not showing up. don't know why.
Old 11-29-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 127 Posts

I'd call your credit card company and talk to them about contesting it. I had to do this a couple years back with jandr.com, when they claimed they shipped me some orders and then sent me tracking numbers that showed nothing had been shipped. They refused to acknowledge this and issue a refund until I got my credit card company involved.
Old 11-30-09, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Call the credit card company and let them deal with it. New egg is by far the best retailer on teh web for that type of stuff. Probably soem worker missed the ram in the return box. I cant see how that would happen. I wouldnt think they would be busy this time of year.
Old 12-06-09, 10:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never used Newegg before (to the best of my recollection) and probably won't again. I ordered from them on Black Friday and their shipping time is a little too long for me. It's my own fault for not reading up on their shipping practices, but I didn't realize they would ship the absolute slowest DHS freight method and then tender the package to the USPS. I've never heard of this before, but needless to say, I still haven't received my item and don't plan to patronize their organization again.
Old 12-07-09, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ i dunno how newegg shipping differs on black friday from their normal shipping practices, but many people attest to neweggs super speedy shipping in general.
Old 12-07-09, 07:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hindolio
^ i dunno how newegg shipping differs on black friday from their normal shipping practices, but many people attest to neweggs super speedy shipping in general.
I apologize for any confusion. I didn't mean to suggest any correlation between the two; I just meant to state when I placed the order so that everyone would know how long it's taken.
Old 12-07-09, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
this

i have been ordering from newegg for about 7 years now and i have never had a problem with them i suggest going to their problems and venting or calling them
Old 12-08-09, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
I've never used Newegg before (to the best of my recollection) and probably won't again. I ordered from them on Black Friday and their shipping time is a little too long for me. It's my own fault for not reading up on their shipping practices, but I didn't realize they would ship the absolute slowest DHS freight method and then tender the package to the USPS. I've never heard of this before, but needless to say, I still haven't received my item and don't plan to patronize their organization again.
You got Eggsaver shipping. I bought some RAM and had it shipped that way. I ordered it on Dec 1st (took them two days to process the order!) and its still not here. I think in the future, I'll just pay for the regular shipping.

It isn't that I needed it right away, I'm just blown away that it is taking this long. Newegg has never been this slow before.