Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Amazon Customer Service Question

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't been able to contact Amazon's customer service through email for a long time and was wondering how anyone else is? When I go to the contact us page and click on email I type my message, then when I click send an error message will state "Please enter your name" But there's no where to enter my name anywhere. I've tried different browsers and none have the same problem. Any suggestions? or a direct email address that works?

Thanks for your help.
Old 11-25-09, 01:03 AM

Re: Amazon Customer Service Question

I've contacted them a few times this week (multiple orders, multiple issues) and received a response back each time within 15-60 minutes.

You can also try their phone # - 1-866-216-1072
Old 12-29-09, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

I am about to contact them concerning a return. You see, I received a damaged item in the mail this afternoon. I figure, no biggie - their return process is painless. Yet, when I click on "return an item", there is no longer an option to print out a pre-paid label like there always has been. It now only gives me the "self return" option, where it states that they will reimburse me "up to $2.98 in shipping fees". I know for certain that this DVD set will cost more than $2.98 to send back, plus the hassle of making a trip to the post office.

Does anyone have any information about Amazon discontinuing the pre-paid labels? I printed one for an order last month and saw nothing about the change on their site. Very strange... maybe calling them will help?

Last edited by joe_b; 12-29-09 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-29-09, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by joe_b
I am about to contact them concerning a return. You see, I received a damaged item in the mail this afternoon. I figure, no biggie - their return process is painless. Yet, when I click on "return an item", there is no longer an option to print out a pre-paid label like there always has been. It now only gives me the "self return" option, where it states that they will reimburse me "up to $2.98 in shipping fees". I know for certain that this DVD set will cost more than $2.98 to send back, plus the hassle of making a trip to the post office.

Does anyone have any information about Amazon discontinuing the pre-paid labels? I printed one for an order last month and saw nothing about the change on their site. Very strange... maybe calling them will help?
i went through the process of returning an item (just to see) and it shows this.

Click the button below to request a replacement of the item you ordered. Make sure to return the original item(s) back to us using the shipping label that will be provided to you shortly.
i went and signed into my account, went to my order history, picked the product, reason (damaged), selected i wanted a replacement and before i submit it said the above.
Old 12-30-09, 04:15 AM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Thank you for the info, pilot. I also get that exact same quote while going through the process. However, after I hit "Request Replacement" I keep seeing:

Again, they've always given me the option of printing a pre-paid label at this stage. Maybe it's a specific issue with the Farscape set? Whatever the case, I hope their CS can resolve it.

UPDATE - Just received a canned response linking to a return label - with no explanation as to why I could no longer access one myself.

The paid label they provided me with is different: no return address, just a couple of barcodes with 'SMARTLABEL RETURNS PARCEL RETURN SERVICE' posted on the side. The others I had used before had the address of my local Amazon warehouse listed on them. I'm not even sure which location this will end up going to.

Last edited by joe_b; 12-30-09 at 06:45 AM.
Old 01-05-10, 08:53 PM

One thing I've noticed is if you don't choose the 'right' reason when initiating the return, they won't pay for the shipping because they assume it's 'your fault'...and it's not necessarily totally obvious when choosing.

For example, I ordered a few shirts, all the same size. All of them fit fine except for one, so I needed to return it. When I chose 'wrong size' they assumed it was my fault and I couldn't print a label. I had to write to Amazon CS to get them to redo it for me (I'm pretty sure they just did the process over except choosing a different reason so it would allow the label).
Old 02-23-10, 08:50 PM

I still have this same problem. I included a screenshot so maybe someone can tell me what's different from their contact us page on Amazon.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/5...erservice7.jpg

Thanks for any help.
Old 02-23-10, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 741 Likes on 366 Posts

When I go to that page, it has my name before my email address. Go into your account settings and click "Change Your Name, E-mail, or Password" and see if for some reason your name is blank. I'm betting that if you fill it in, this problem will go away.
Old 02-24-10, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
When I go to that page, it has my name before my email address. Go into your account settings and click "Change Your Name, E-mail, or Password" and see if for some reason your name is blank. I'm betting that if you fill it in, this problem will go away.
That was it. Thanks alot. Been trying to figure this out for a while.