Search this Thread

Old 11-20-09, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Stargate Universe -- "Life" -- 11/20/09

SGU

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Lt. Scott and Camile return to Earth via the communication stones to spend time with those they left behind. On the Destiny, the crew explores new sections of the ship and discover a promising Ancient device.

Next week will be the final episode of the year. The show is going on hiatus.

I can't confirm this, but it appears that Caprica will be taking over this timeslot from January to March (10 episodes) and then SGU will return in March for it's last 10 episodes...But, that is only speculation on my part, but it follows the same pattern as the previous split seasons of SGA and Battlestar.
Old 11-20-09, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Stargate Universe -- "Life" -- 11/20/09

Okay I did a little digging and there will be a reveal tonight about Ming Na's character Camille:

Spoiler:

Reiko Aylesworth, formerly of 24, is guest starring tonight as Ming Na's Life Partner

Photobucket

Old 11-20-09, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

That's cool about the guest star and nice pic.

First Melrose Place then this. What a great week.
Old 11-20-09, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

are they positive the chair is like the face hugger, and isn't in fact a precursor to the Antarctica type control chair
and young beating the shit out of telford was great
Old 11-20-09, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.

and all that exercise is going to really burn through their food and water
Old 11-21-09, 02:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It strikes me as really unlikely that Young's wife would be so friendly with Telford. I can't imagine a more awkward scenerio than "Hey, I know you've been banging your husband in my body but I popped back in for the big moment last time, let's go out for lunch." The situation just reeks of soap opera worthy contrivance.
Old 11-21-09, 05:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

This was great episode. Life does indeed suck unless you are that one girl screwing every guy on the ship.
Old 11-21-09, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I had a though this morning
anyone think that maybe Rush already has unlocked the master control code?

I think he may have, sometime after the first time the ship used a star to refuel

it would explain how he was able to get into the list of planets and add an entry and how he could set up the elaborate hoax with the gate during Telford's test
Old 11-21-09, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell
This was great episode. Life does indeed suck unless you are that one girl screwing every guy on the ship.
Huh? Was she with somebody else at the beginning besides Greer? At first I thought it was Chloe, but it was that lady in the middle who said she's been reading.

Anyway, an okay episode. This do whatever you want in somebody's body is just odd and needs to stop. Can't wait until one of them has an allergic reaction and dies because they ate or drank something they shouldn't.

I guess cool to see part of Scott's previous life, but it was a little flat for me.

I kind of wished they were working towards something "in a year" (i.e. end of season), but I guess we'll keep getting week to week stories for the time being.
Old 11-22-09, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Yeah the "The Other Asian" (Glee reference ) was bangin' a White guy at the start, then the angry Black dude as the end of the ep.

Originally Posted by Superman07
This do whatever you want in somebody's body is just odd and needs to stop. Can't wait until one of them has an allergic reaction and dies because they ate or drank something they shouldn't.
Agreed. For instance, was Camille's host cool with doing the Girl on Girl stuff?

I liked the ep but I'VE HAD AN ASS FULL OF RUSH. Other than LDP's character Rush is the biggest dick on this show.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 11-22-09 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-22-09, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This show is starting to feel like Dollhouse.
Old 11-22-09, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
This show is starting to feel like Dollhouse.
I'm not sure, but I think you just insulted Dollhouse.
Old 11-22-09, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Superman07
Huh? Was she with somebody else at the beginning besides Greer? At first I thought it was Chloe, but it was that lady in the middle who said she's been reading.

Anyway, an okay episode. This do whatever you want in somebody's body is just odd and needs to stop. Can't wait until one of them has an allergic reaction and dies because they ate or drank something they shouldn't.
yeah, you'd think there'd be some kind of protocol about the use of other people's bodies

I'm waiting for the episode were someone goes into the body of someone of the other sex and they go and have sex. like a guy goes into a woman's body and has sex with a man
or the one where the random sergeant on stone duty who hasn't had sex in a year suddenly finds themself infected with 6 different STDs, or is pregnant out of no where

Asian slut also snubbed the dude she had just banged when he said hi to her later one