Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sound dropping out

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-00, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been having a problem with my Proscan PS8680Z for a while now. Sometimes during a movie the sound will drop out for a second for no reason at all. I know it is not a layer change because it sometimes happens multiple times during a movie. After the sound drops I can skip back and watch it again without no sound drop out. The most recent example was during Jaws I noticed about 25 separate occasions of this. I was wondering if anyone has any idea of what the problem is and how I should go about fixing it.
Old 07-16-00, 09:31 PM

I don't know how high-quality Proscan is, but I know people have had problems with Apex, Raite, and Konka players when they are using 5.1 audio. Apparently the players can't process the video and audio well enough at times when there is alot of complex data (or I have picked up from consumer reviews)
Old 07-17-00, 09:41 AM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might want to see if the reviews of your player at www.audioreview.com mention the problem you're experiencing.

Also, if you can, try another player on your receiver and/or try your player on a friend's receiver and see if you can get similar results.

------------------
David, Moderator of the Other Forum
I laughed, I cried, my life was changed: The Other Forum
My DVDs and HT Email: [email protected]
Old 07-17-00, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Also if you are using a digital Optical or Coaxial cable for the audio try replacing the cable to seeif that helps.

------------------
------------------
My DVD/LD List
My Home Theater Equipment