DVD Talk
Question about those artifical cinnamon scented pinecones [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Question about those artifical cinnamon scented pinecones

Mrs. Danger
11-17-09, 04:23 PM
Who buys these things?!?

They are the nastiest thing to be waylaid by when rounding a corner in the grocery store. I got my nose hairs shriveled off by some today, before I could get past them to the sodas.

Everyone I know thinks they reek, yet they show up every year. Someone must be buying them.

Nick Martin
11-17-09, 04:28 PM
I hate the smell and taste of Cinnamon, and these damn things don't help.

Boba Fett
11-17-09, 04:46 PM
They're awesome.

Mrs. Danger
11-17-09, 04:57 PM
They're awesome.

Do you actually buy them? If so, what do you do with them, poison the neighbors?

cungar
11-17-09, 05:01 PM
They taste great with eggnog

ernestrp
11-17-09, 05:11 PM
They're so wonderful and Christmassy, who wouldn't love them?

I heard on the news that chewing Cinamon gum while driving is good for nerves or something like that. Maybe I will look for a couple of these to hang from rear view mirror.

Mrs. Danger
11-17-09, 05:17 PM
If they had REAL cinnamon, they wouldn't be so bad.

rexinnih
11-17-09, 05:19 PM
They stink. Literally. I was attacked by them over the weekend when I went shopping and have just recovered.

big whoppa
11-17-09, 05:44 PM
I love them. It's that Christmas smell. Bought a bag a couple of years ago at BBB.

Boba Fett
11-17-09, 05:44 PM
Do you actually buy them? If so, what do you do with them, poison the neighbors?

One bag is ok and by no means overpowering. I will admit, they are too strong in stores when dozens of bags are piled together in close proximity.

big whoppa
11-17-09, 05:59 PM
One bag is ok and by no means overpowering. I will admit, they are too strong in stores when dozens of bags are piled together in close proximity.

I like the scent of a whole batch of them. I guess you either love the scent or hate it.

smashthesymbols
11-17-09, 06:07 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about.

How about those cinnamon wisk brooms though?

Mrs. Danger
11-17-09, 06:12 PM
I try not to get too close, they may be whisk brooms, or giant cow turds, rather than pine cones.

jadasion
11-17-09, 06:18 PM
For some reason I thought the title said artificial insemination.

danwiz
11-17-09, 06:23 PM
Dang, why do they have to put artificial scent on a pine cone? I mean - a pine cone smells great all by itself. If they have to add artificial cinnamon scent to something - yeah, add it to a cow turd or something which does not already smell pleasant by itself. I know - now some wise-ass will respond that cow turds have a natural grassy smell. Go ahead! Moose turds are better and can be used for incense - when I was in Alaska we used moose turds for incense!

arminius
11-17-09, 06:50 PM
Dang, why do they have to put artificial scent on a pine cone? I mean - a pine cone smells great all by itself. If they have to add artificial cinnamon scent to something - yeah, add it to a cow turd or something which does not already smell pleasant by itself. I know - now some wise-ass will respond that cow turds have a natural grassy smell. Go ahead! Moose turds are better and can be used for incense - when I was in Alaska we used moose turds for incense!
And what was the moose doing while you were lighting his turds on fire?

Nugent
11-17-09, 08:13 PM
Meh, I think more people should be buying these things especially if they have cats in the house.

Cinamon > Cat Piss Smell

milpool
11-18-09, 01:56 PM
War on Christmas!!!!!!11111!!!!!111!!

RaMMaR
11-18-09, 06:23 PM
[Jackie Mason]Would you rather they smell like gefilte fish...?[/Jackie Mason]:shrug:

Buford T Pusser
11-18-09, 06:56 PM
I have never seen them. If Yankee Candle made them maybe you'd change your tune. I know Tball would be first in line.

Mrs. Danger
11-18-09, 08:15 PM
I rarely actually see them, either. I usually manage to dodge down another aisle, and avoid such a traumatic confrontation. At least they are usually placed on a "seasonal" aisle, that doesn't have essentials on it.

greg9x
11-19-09, 03:27 AM
They put them in the foyer area going into the grocery store by me so you can't avoid the smell AND it's concentrated in that little area. Why anyone would buy that crap I don't know.