Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Old 11-06-09, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Doh! They are on to me. This is what I got when attempting the 8.00 Disney Rewards coupon.

"Thanks for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer of monster.we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

I've checked your order and found that you order were issued a $30 promo for Best Value Savings ($10), Snow white thanks ($10) and Disneybd promotion ($10). Already your order has been applied with multiple promotions and the total order price is reduced to $12.98 and it is impossible to apply $8 promotion to your order.

Again, I am sorry that we are unable to honor this promotion. Please be assured that we value your business and hope that you will honor us with the opportunity to serve you again in the future."

I'm done. No more coupons for me. I'll be happy with 12.98...
Old 11-06-09, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 568 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil
I'm done. No more coupons for me. I'll be happy with 12.98...
I was tempted to try that $8 coupon myself, but I think I'll heed your warning. Got both for $14.48, so can't complain. (of course, if they drop MONSTERS by a couple more dollars . . . )
Old 11-06-09, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil
Doh! They are on to me. This is what I got when attempting the 8.00 Disney Rewards coupon.
I decided after the last $10 I wouldn't email anymore. Someone is bound to catch on and fix it. I'm still down for Monsters dropping some more though.
Old 11-06-09, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got the $8 off.

I just gave her the info on the coupon and explained that it was a manufacterer's coupon from Disney. Took getting a US-based CSR to get it done though (I got a no from their email CSR and there was a link to have a CSR call you). I gave her the Disney Movie Rewards website address and the coupon code and she refunded $8 back to my credit card because it had already shipped. YMMV though, it's probably dependent on who you talk to (and probably how much you spend on Amazon too, I probably drop $100-$150 a month there on blu-rays and games)

Final total: $24.98.
Old 11-06-09, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I told myself after my total hit $12 that I wouldn't do it anymore, but I just couldn't resist to try just one more time. Now that I'm at $0.46 somehow there isn't much more I could do anyway.
Old 11-06-09, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
I told myself after my total hit $12 that I wouldn't do it anymore, but I just couldn't resist to try just one more time. Now that I'm at $0.46 somehow there isn't much more I could do anyway.
Tell us what black magic did you weave. What email department did you send your requests to and at what time of day? Thanks and congrats!
Old 11-06-09, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That total includes the default $10 off for buying both at the same time, the normal price drops (which they did manually by just adding $5 to my account for a future purchase), the snowwhitethanks (or whatever that code was), the DISNEYBD code I got them to apply, and then finally the $8 off manufacturer coupon I got them to apply just earlier today.

I sent a few emails to the promotions department, general questions and comments, and refunds. I got my discounts in about ten minutes or less each time.

I was never mean or hateful or anything, and never demanded anything. I just emailed them, was nice, and simply asked if it would possible for them to apply the code to my account. Almost every time they said they don't usually do it, but they'll do it for me for this time.

Here is the exact email I sent about the $8 off coupon:

Hi. I just received an email from DisneyMovieRewards containing a $8 off coupon for Monsters Inc upgrade. I was wondering if Amazon could honor the coupon in my order. Here is a link to the offer and coupon:

http://disney.go.com/disneymovierewa...onstersupgrade

Thank you so much!

Last edited by Brent L; 11-06-09 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-06-09, 03:18 PM

Geez you guys. I got denied twice so far and am still stuck at $32. I'll keep trying until Monday or so or until an easier way presents itself at a store ($8 coupon + whatever). Already have $7.50 invested in BB steelbook so if it goes down to $20 each, I'll be good with $22 plus tax at BB ($8 coupon, $10 discount or $10 rumored Up coupon).
Old 11-06-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob330i
Geez you guys. I got denied twice so far and am still stuck at $32. I'll keep trying until Monday or so or until an easier way presents itself at a store ($8 coupon + whatever). Already have $7.50 invested in BB steelbook so if it goes down to $20 each, I'll be good with $22 plus tax at BB ($8 coupon, $10 discount or $10 rumored Up coupon).
Be careful about waiting to cancel your Amazon order on Monday. It could already have started the shipping process by then and you would no longer be able to cancel it.
Old 11-06-09, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am at 15.98 still and scared to try for more.
Old 11-06-09, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah really, if I cancel an Amazon order I always do so at least by the start of the weekend before it is supposed to ship out, if not sooner. You never can be sure when they'll ship something out.
Old 11-06-09, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Got the $8 off.

I just gave her the info on the coupon and explained that it was a manufacterer's coupon from Disney. Took getting a US-based CSR to get it done though (I got a no from their email CSR and there was a link to have a CSR call you). I gave her the Disney Movie Rewards website address and the coupon code and she refunded $8 back to my credit card because it had already shipped. YMMV though, it's probably dependent on who you talk to (and probably how much you spend on Amazon too, I probably drop $100-$150 a month there on blu-rays and games)

Final total: $24.98.
Where is the link and how can I get a code?
Old 11-06-09, 04:05 PM

They've already shipped mine, so I guess I'm stuck with 24.98 which is a great price, but I would have enjoyed it being lowered. Should I still e-mail about coupons and promotional codes?
Old 11-06-09, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Where is the link and how can I get a code?
I linked to the coupon a few posts up.
Old 11-06-09, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 568 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by s72450
They've already shipped mine, so I guess I'm stuck with 24.98 which is a great price, but I would have enjoyed it being lowered. Should I still e-mail about coupons and promotional codes?
Why not? The first time I asked for the DISNEYBD code to be applied, they instead offered it as a refund after the discs shipped. If they hadn't applied it on the second try, I would have asked for the refund next week. Just a thought.
Old 11-06-09, 04:15 PM

I think they're shipping them out so quickly so as not to deal with any more coupon shenanigans.

Overall, I got shot down three times on DISNEYBD. And so far once on the Monsters, Inc coupon. I've tried one more time, offering a link to the actual coupon, but my order has already shipped, so I expect their response to be "Sorry. Already shipped."

But what the hell. My total with the snowwhitethanks is $22.98 and that's a killer deal for TWO PIXAR MOVIES! (Plus, I can probably sell the digital copies for $8 a pop.)
Old 11-06-09, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I linked to the coupon a few posts up.
Thanks! I missed it the first time through the thread. I'm going to try to get Amazon to add it to my order. I was able to print out a copy of the coupon and will add that information if it helps.
Old 11-06-09, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I had previously sent emails asking about the DISNEYBD code and was denied both times. I just sent out BrentL's above note about the $8 Monsters, Inc. promotion so we will see what happens with that. I'm tempted to call Amazon CS and ask about the DISNEYBD code and see if I use the logic of "others are getting it, why not I?" for one final push.
Old 11-06-09, 04:23 PM

As an aside, I first purchased Monsters, Inc. on dvd on 8/29/2002 using Amazon's very special "Share the Love" discount" for $16.29. I wonder if I wrote and said "last time I ordered this movie I got a 10% discount, can you do it again," if they would honor it.
Old 11-06-09, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

TLwizard, I dare you to do that and let us know if they actually do it.
Old 11-06-09, 04:30 PM

TLwizard, I dare you to do that and let us know if they actually do it.
If I hadn't sent so many emails already, I totally would just for fun. However, reading horror stories about Amazon banning "problem" customers has already made me nervous enough about sending the emails I already have.

Although... you did dare me. Shit. I'm gonna have to think on this one.
Old 11-06-09, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Got the $8 off.

I just gave her the info on the coupon and explained that it was a manufacterer's coupon from Disney. Took getting a US-based CSR to get it done though
I just did a couple emails and got a non-US based CSR to do it. I'm assuming they're not US based because the name is Radhakrishnan H.

Grand Total: $16.48 with a possible $10 more off with a link to click after the items ship to request the refund.

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 11-06-09 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-06-09, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just sent off an email to see what happens for the $8 coupon. I sent the link and an actual copy of the coupon I printed out. Hopefully that will do the trick. If it works I may try one more time for DISNEYBD for another $10.
Old 11-06-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

That total includes the default $10 off for buying both at the same time, the normal price drops (which they did manually by just adding $5 to my account for a future purchase), the snowwhitethanks (or whatever that code was), the DISNEYBD code I got them to apply, and then finally the $8 off manufacturer coupon I got them to apply just earlier today.

I sent a few emails to the promotions department, general questions and comments, and refunds. I got my discounts in about ten minutes or less each time.

I was never mean or hateful or anything, and never demanded anything. I just emailed them, was nice, and simply asked if it would possible for them to apply the code to my account. Almost every time they said they don't usually do it, but they'll do it for me for this time.

Here is the exact email I sent about the $8 off coupon:
Eh gave it a shot we'll see what happens.
Old 11-06-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by s72450
Are you a prime customer or regular?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.