Reload this Page >

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Old 11-06-09, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Originally Posted by budster7
I thought the Toys R Us pre-order promotion for Up was only $5 off another Disney DVD/blu-ray. Did it really get increased to $10?
Could've sworn the paper ad I got awhile ago said Up would be $10 off and you'd get $5 off another one. Changed it to $5 until I can find something that says different.
Old 11-06-09, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
DEFINITIVE Up/Monsters Inc buying guide
copied stuff for the OP. hope it's not a problem
Old 11-06-09, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foladar
Could you elaborate? If true, I'd go with Amazon over Target I could get a total of four blu's if that came in, but I haven't gotten any emails on it yet (then again, nothing from customer service about my promo either)
I received that email this morning. It is one time only coupon, you have to use that before Nov'30 2009. They will send out that email only for those who pre-ordered Up!. The best scenario would be Pre-order Up!, and use DISNEYBD to get another disney blu-ray for 10$ off. Then after you receive this email, you can order another disney blu-ray using this coupon. I think right now Amazon has the best deal (If you can convince the Amazon CS to apply all those different promotions in one order).

This is the email I received from Amazon,

Dear Amazon.com Customer,
As someone who has purchased "Up" on Blu-ray, you might like to know that for a limited time, you can save an extra $10 on select Disney Blu-ray titles.

To claim your $10 savings, add one of these items to your cart and enter promotional code XXX-XXXX-XXXXXX at checkout. The discount will be reflected on the final order checkout page. This code is valid for only one item and can be used only once. Offer ends on November 30, 2009.
Old 11-06-09, 11:19 AM

Which movies are included?
Old 11-06-09, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
copied stuff for the OP. hope it's not a problem
Not at all, it'll probably just have to be edited as new stuff comes up
Old 11-06-09, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by foladar
Which movies are included?
It looks like the same Disney movies (total 31 blu-rays) listed for DISNEYBD coupon.

www . amazon . com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_13680_13531810_fe_txt_1/?docId=1000447891
Old 11-06-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by collven
You guys are lucky if you get Target to PM anyone. The Targets near me don't price match anyone anymore, period.
You need to contact corporate and advise them that your local stores are breaking corporate policy, which is clearly stated here. Were I in your shoes, I'd print a copy of that press release and take it with me to Target to show customer service when I attempted a price match. If I needed to get the manager involved, so be it. I'd have my cell phone at the ready to call corporate right in front of him/her if necessary. It's up to consumers to fight the good fight against stores/managers who go rogue against their own corporate's policies.

Now, of course, as others have pointed out, the Target version of Up comes with an "exclusive journal," so it's not an identical item to the versions carried by competitors - that could give them an out not to price match it. However, I still think it's worth bringing corporate down on the local stores' heads, especially as we head into the holiday season, to enforce the fact that individual stores don't get to make their own policies and break with those dictated by corporate itself.

Best of luck to you.
Old 11-06-09, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bwsmom
You need to contact corporate and advise them that your local stores are breaking corporate policy, which is clearly stated here. Were I in your shoes, I'd print a copy of that press release and take it with me to Target to show customer service when I attempted a price match. If I needed to get the manager involved, so be it. I'd have my cell phone at the ready to call corporate right in front of him/her if necessary. It's up to consumers to fight the good fight against stores/managers who go rogue against their own corporate's policies.

Now, of course, as others have pointed out, the Target version of Up comes with an "exclusive journal," so it's not an identical item to the versions carried by competitors - that could give them an out not to price match it. However, I still think it's worth bringing corporate down on the local stores' heads, especially as we head into the holiday season, to enforce the fact that individual stores don't get to make their own policies and break with those dictated by corporate itself.

Best of luck to you.
Well said
Old 11-06-09, 11:53 AM

It does say quantities limited on the journal, so if they refuse to PM because of the journal, there might be copies without (and as cool as the journal is, I'd gladly take the PM with no journal)
Old 11-06-09, 12:05 PM

DEFINITIVE Up/Monsters Inc buying guide...
If you see any errors or have anything else to add, please feel free to let me know.
You forgot sales tax - it's worst for us poor sobs in California (9.75%).
That pushes BB to #3 at $34, and Target to $29.
Old 11-06-09, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by masetodd
No, I didn't.

DEALS (ranked in terms of lowest price before sales tax)
I empathize though, I was in CA a couple of weeks ago and the sales tax was brutal.
Old 11-06-09, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by masetodd
Good grief! It's one of the reasons I love living in Oregon - no sales tax!!!
Old 11-06-09, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by melih69
I was thinking the same way. I canceled my Amazon order sincde they shut me down on any kind of further discount. Why would I pay $32.xx when i can get the same 2 movies and a Steelbook for $30.98 + tax.
In Texas at least... this would come out to slightly more with our 8.25% tax. $33.52 plus gas and time. I got the steelbook, but I got the deposit back making it free anyways.

Oh and my Amazon order shipped just now via Prime. So I should have it on Tuesday.
Old 11-06-09, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by RobLutter

Oh and my Amazon order shipped just now via Prime. So I should have it on Tuesday.
Do you know what day your order had for an expected delivery date? If you are outside the actual order it shows you one date instead of a spread of dates.

Anyone else have theirs shipping or in process of shipping?
Old 11-06-09, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by quid squid
Do you know what day your order had for an expected delivery date? If you are outside the actual order it shows you one date instead of a spread of dates.

Tuesday. The 10th. It's prime so it's UPS 2-day delivery.

I also emailed customer service about the Monsters Inc $8 coupon after being completely shot down on the phone. We'll see what happens with that.
Old 11-06-09, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Updated to reflect that Up is not, in fact, advertised in this coming week's Wal-Mart ad.
Walmart puts their ads out the week before the listed dates of their ads....the one that came out this week (the "Christmas Toy Guide) says on the bottom back of the ad in very small print "Event Dates: Sunday November 8 - Saturday, November 14, 2009"....

The one that advertises Up (and Star Trek) for $19.96 will be out next week and it shows "Event Dates: Sunday November 15 - Saturday, November 21, 2009"...this ad has cookies and cups on the front page and says "Holiday entertaining at unbeatable prices" on it....

Here is a link to pdf files of both of them:
http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1636802
Old 11-06-09, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quid squid
My order is "shipping soon", with an expected delivery date of Tuesday.

Rob
Old 11-06-09, 12:46 PM

called amazon and told them about snowhitethanks coupon and they gave me a $10 credit on my next purchase.awesome!!
Old 11-06-09, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just got my Amazon total dropped all the way down to $0.46 thanks to the $8 off manufacturers coupon.

This is without a doubt the most insane situation like this that I've ever seen.

Last edited by Brent L; 11-06-09 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-06-09, 01:14 PM

Canceled my Amazon order as well since I couldn't get them to drop it for any of their running promos, I'd rather get it at Target. I also sent them an email letting them know this, on top of the poor support (taking 48 hours to reply), I was going to use the second set as gifts but they'll have to get something else instead.
Old 11-06-09, 01:16 PM

I also emailed customer service about the Monsters Inc $8 coupon after being completely shot down on the phone. We'll see what happens with that.
Dammit...mine shows the 13th as a delivery date. I have Prime also, so that does not determine it shipping out on time. I've had mine on order for a couple months now, let's hope my status changes. Would love to have it on release date.
Old 11-06-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got shot down after emailing "promotions", I'm sending a second e-mail to "other" to try and triangulate the CS staff.
Old 11-06-09, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Mine shows November 23rd as a delivery date. I doubt that is accurate, but even if it is, at this price I can wait.
Old 11-06-09, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RobCA
My order is "shipping soon", with an expected delivery date of Tuesday.

Rob
I just got the notice that it's shipped. BTW, it's Prime 2-day UPS shipping.
Old 11-06-09, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by zombeaner
I got shot down after emailing "promotions", I'm sending a second e-mail to "other" to try and triangulate the CS staff.
I emailed the "Where is my order" department about why my order date has changed from the 10 to the 13, and mentioned that my original email says taht I should get it on release date and that the item paage guaranteed release date delivery at time of order.

I also included a question about getting the $8 manufacturer's coupon, so hopefully they will be nice and give that to me since I might not get the release date delivery. Anything's worth a shot I guess.

Last edited by quid squid; 11-06-09 at 01:57 PM.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.