Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

zombeaner
11-10-09, 05:11 PM
So, did you get a credit too?

Although I did not expect much, this does piss me off. I could understand if they brushed everyone off, but this on-again-off-again crap is frustrating.

I have learned my lesson ... unless it is a limited edition of something, DON'T PREORDER from Amazon.

No dice for me on this one.

b2net
11-10-09, 05:11 PM
This one always gets him as well:

Three guests check into a hotel room. The clerk says the bill is $30, so each guest pays $10. Later the clerk realizes the bill should only be $25. To rectify this, he gives the bellhop $5 to return to the guests. On the way to the room, the bellhop realizes that he cannot divide the money equally. As the guests didnít know the total of the revised bill, the bellhop decides to just give each guest $1 and keep $2 for himself.

Now that each of the guests have been given $1 back, each has paid $9, bringing the total paid to $27. The bellhop has $2. If the guests originally handed over $30, what happened to the remaining $1?

You don't add the $2 from the bellhop, you subtract it.. They paid $9 each x3 = $27.. $25 to the hotel and $2 to the bellhop....

weldon
11-10-09, 05:16 PM
I went to Target after lunch...

$19.99 Up!
$26.99 Monster's Inc.
-$8.00 Monster's Inc. Disney MFR coupon from Disney Movie Rewards
-$10.00 Up! Disney MFR Coupon from link in OP in this thread
-$10.00 Disney Buy Both Up & Monster's Inc MFR Coupon off the front of Monster's Inc slipcover
-$10.00 Target Buy Both Up & Monster's Inc Coupon from link in this thread

$8.98 Total + Tax

Doc Moonlight
11-10-09, 05:50 PM
Is anyone else having problems getting the coupon printer to work? I have installed it but it doesn't print. The page with the coupons doesn't recognize that the coupon printer has been installed. I have tried returning to the page, but it tries to install the printer again. I tried restarting my computer but that doidn't work either.

MadonnasManOne
11-10-09, 05:59 PM
Wow, people are getting some great deals on this! I'm happy with my cost. I got UP and Monster's Inc. for $15.70 this morning at Best Buy. That's after the coupons and the pre-order paid with the Steelbook. So, for two great Pixar flicks on Blu-Ray and the UP Steelbook, I paid a total of $23.85! Not bad at all. Not as great as some others, obviously, but, I'm very pleased. Plus, with the money I saved, I picked up Here's Lucy: Season 2!

bwsmom
11-10-09, 06:01 PM
Okay... I finally pulled myself away from the local news (get this - they interrupted the Ft. Hood mass shooting memorial for .... breaking news on a local mass shooting!) Got to Best Buy, grabbed Up and the last copy they had of Monsters Inc. Headed to the checkout where.... neither coupon would scan! (Now, I have a brand new, super-nice HP printer, so that wasn't the issue.) Poor kid even typed in the barcode numbers... no dice. Kept coming up as "not on file in the system." He finally called a young manager over who attempted the same thing, then basically said, "Screw this!" and overrode the machine into taking them both. I also had a $10 gc from a promotion several months ago, so... $14.98 out the door for me! I am well pleased and didn't have to bother with PMs, emails or anything else! :)

ozzfan84
11-10-09, 06:01 PM
Looks like amazon isn't even doing the $10 for both up and monsters. They really dropped the ball with this one.

Sweet Baby James
11-10-09, 06:11 PM
$2.04 out the door at Target with a 32 ounce Gatorade to boot.:banana:

Breakdown-

Up $19.99(rang up at $19.99)
Monster's, Inc. $18.99(price-matched the Best Buy ad)
Gatorade $1.00(if you buy a third item, then the following 4 coupons will take without any problems whatsoever)

Target $10 coupon
Up $10 coupon
Monster's, Inc. $10 coupon(sticker coupon located on the slipcover)
Monster's, Inc. $8 coupon

Total $1.98 + $0.06 tax=$2.04

I would like to thank all of the tipsters that made this dream come true!

Matthew Chmiel
11-10-09, 06:13 PM
Went to Target, had to get the last coupon via manager override.

+ $19.99 Up
+ $26.99 Monsters Inc
- $10.00 Up web coupon
- $10.00 Up + Monsters Inc. packaging coupon
- $10.00 Up + Monsters Inc. web coupon
- $8.00 Monsters Inc. web coupon
+ 8.1% sales tax

$9.71 (after tax)

Boom.

Moopher
11-10-09, 06:16 PM
Brent L!

I have done everything you have with total success, Amazon has now paid me to get Up and Monsters, Inc. Awesome!

Brent L
11-10-09, 06:16 PM
$2.04 out the door at Target with a 32 ounce Gatorade to boot.:banana:

Breakdown-

Up $19.99(rang up at $19.99)
Monster's, Inc. $18.99(price-matched the Best Buy ad)
Gatorade $1.00(if you buy a third item, then the following 4 coupons will take without any problems whatsoever)

Target $10 coupon
Up $10 coupon
Monster's, Inc. $10 coupon(sticker coupon located on the slipcover)
Monster's, Inc. $8 coupon

Total $1.98 + $0.06 tax=$2.04

I would like to thank all of the tipsters that made this dream come true!

Awesome, great work. :toast:

Brent L!

I have done everything you have with total success, Amazon has now paid me to get Up and Monsters, Inc. Awesome!

:toast: :toast:

dead000
11-10-09, 06:18 PM
I went to Target after lunch...

$19.99 Up!
$26.99 Monster's Inc.
-$8.00 Monster's Inc. Disney MFR coupon from Disney Movie Rewards
-$10.00 Up! Disney MFR Coupon from link in OP in this thread
-$10.00 Disney Buy Both Up & Monster's Inc MFR Coupon off the front of Monster's Inc slipcover
-$10.00 Target Buy Both Up & Monster's Inc Coupon from link in this thread

$8.98 Total + Tax

Same here. Worked like a charm.

Sweet Baby James
11-10-09, 06:19 PM
^^

Thanks. After the dicking that I was receiving from Amazon, I can now sleep easy. Thank you, Target.

lisadoris
11-10-09, 06:21 PM
I lucked out as well at Target

Up $19.99
Monsters Inc. $18.99 (BB pricematch)

-$10 (Up coupon)
-$10 (from the Target online ad)
-$10 (sticker)
-$8 (Target Monster's Coupon)

Total $ .98
6% tax
Total cost $1.04

BuckNaked2k
I couldn't resist and sent them the following email about the $10 off Up coupon:

And they replied back in six minutes with the following:Oooooooh, you are bad!

I just flew off a similar e-mail myself......we shall see!

quid squid
Looks like amazon isn't even doing the $10 for both up and monsters. They really dropped the ball with this one.

How so? They've offered it for at least 2-3 weeks now. And even though it's YMMV they've done more than enough with the amount of discounts they've given to people.

Sweet Baby James
11-10-09, 06:22 PM
I lucked out as well at Target

Up $19.99
Monsters Inc. $18.99 (BB pricematch)

-$10 (Up coupon)
-$10 (from the Target online ad)
-$10 (sticker)
-$8 (Target Monster's Coupon)

Total $ .98
6% tax
Total cost $1.04
Congrats. Did the cashier have to do anything to get the 4th coupon to take?

tlwizard
11-10-09, 06:24 PM
Shot down for both Manufacturer coupons at Best Buy here in NYC (Bway/Houston). They did pricematch the online Up, but then only gave me $6 off for the bundle. I showed the woman the weekly ad and she told me that I was already getting too good of a deal since both movies normally would be over $70 together.

So I returned my preorder and left empty-handed. (while waiting for my Amazon delivery to show up.)

NoirFan
11-10-09, 06:27 PM
My Amazon order shipped this morning, but I emailed CS and asked them to apply the $10 Disney Up coupon anyway.

Denied, but sent off another email.

chrisih8u
11-10-09, 06:30 PM
Shot down for both Manufacturer coupons at Best Buy here in NYC (Bway/Houston). They did pricematch the online Up, but then only gave me $6 off for the bundle. I showed the woman the weekly ad and she told me that I was already getting too good of a deal since both movies normally would be over $70 together.

So I returned my preorder and left empty-handed. (while waiting for my Amazon delivery to show up.)

She didnt take a coupon because you're already getting a good deal?? :eek: What a ****.

komsik
11-10-09, 06:37 PM
I guess after getting Snow White BD for $5.00 last time my luck has ran out with Amazon... got turned down twice for the Snow White Thanks and even tried just getting them to give me UP and -$10 coupon and it was a no go.

Does anyone know if they even read those Feedback Forms when you click "no"?

Brent L
11-10-09, 06:39 PM
I've heard a couple of people say that after clicking "no" they received another reply actually pulling through with the discounts afterall. I have no clue how common that is though.

MBoyd
11-10-09, 06:44 PM
I've heard a couple of people say that after clicking "no" they received another reply actually pulling through with the discounts afterall. I have no clue how common that is though.

I tried it and it didn't work. Pretty much said there was nothing further they could do for me.

kevin75
11-10-09, 06:51 PM
i just emailed brentl's email (thanks brent!) to amazon asking for a credit. i figured it's at least worth a shot.

izatright
11-10-09, 06:54 PM
I've heard a couple of people say that after clicking "no" they received another reply actually pulling through with the discounts afterall. I have no clue how common that is though.Did that this morning. Shot down for a $10 refund. I'm just going to return my order. I got them both cheaper at Target anyway.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi
11-10-09, 06:56 PM
What is this link you speak of?

It was in a reply to the snow white discount. Instead of doing it like all the other CSRs did, they made me click a link to get the $10 refunded after it shipped.

I ended up getting another reply to the second email I sent out, at the same time, and they just applied it normally. So they basically gave it to me twice, in two different ways.

tlwizard
11-10-09, 06:59 PM
Did that this morning. Shot down for a $10 refund. I'm just going to return my order. I got them both cheaper at Target anyway.Why not just put them on ebay and make a few bucks off them and help someone else out with a great deal?

11-10-09, 07:00 PM
and i had my last straw with them now over the bs they pulled on me with the xbox deal and how they cheated me out of my free 100 dollar gift card

The Wal-Mart deal runs through Friday and lots of stores got more systems back in stock Saturday evening.

I picked up one yesterday.

Easier and less frustrating than dealing with amazon.

darkdaze73
11-10-09, 07:03 PM
Just opened my copy of UP to find no discs inside. No inserts either. Called the WM I purchased it at and it sounds like I am gonna have to fight to get a replacement. The ast. mangr I talked to said something about they would have to look at the security tapes of when I bought it & then see what they can do. Guess I'll find out when I go back in the morning.

It's just Tues. and I've already had one helluva week. :wacko:

Jim
11-10-09, 07:06 PM
Sweet! My little email to Amazon must have helped the shipping preparation speed up a bit as they just shipped via ONTRAC and will be here Thursday.

thejester
11-10-09, 07:12 PM
Guess I went to Target too early this AM. Was there minutes after opening & only 1 MI BR was on shelves. Took it & UP to CS desk (checkout wouldn't do PM) & tried to PM UP to Frys' ad - clerk wouldn't do it - said it wasn't an EXACT match (stupid Adventure Journal). Price ringing up at that time was $27. Found out later that it was lowered down to $20 - but, by that time, the only MI was long gone.

Didn't see the $10 coupon on the MI pkging - will look for it tho' next time.

boc4ever
11-10-09, 07:30 PM
$10.98 out the door for me. I was psyched about that until I saw some managed to use 4 coupons at Target. That is unbelievable!

Snowmaker
11-10-09, 07:32 PM
Just opened my copy of UP to find no discs inside. No inserts either. Called the WM I purchased it at and it sounds like I am gonna have to fight to get a replacement. The ast. mangr I talked to said something about they would have to look at the security tapes of when I bought it & then see what they can do. Guess I'll find out when I go back in the morning.

It's just Tues. and I've already had one helluva week. :wacko:

I was going to ask if you bought a steelbook from Best Buy by mistake, you you say you got it at Walmart.

sumdeus
11-10-09, 07:39 PM
I contacted Amazon and asked about the $10 "Up" coupon but was denied in under 5 minutes! As stated in a previous post, though, I was able to get every other coupon applied, so not too bad in the end :)

moviewizguy
11-10-09, 07:54 PM
The reason you were denied was because this could possibly be the worst store in the history of stores. You would have better luck with a guy on a corner downtown taking any kind of coupon or hell, giving you customer service than you would with this store.

I have been tempted to ask them for an employment application just to see if it has one question: "Are you mentally challenged?" with a check yes or no box.

I would rather shop at wal-mart and enjoy it than Fry's MB.
Wow. Really? My Fry's uses Disney's coupons all of the time. I mean, really. But I'm deciding where to go: Target or Fry's? Some Targets have UP for $19.99. Ughhhh. So...hard.

darkdaze73
11-10-09, 07:55 PM
I was going to ask if you bought a steelbook from Best Buy by mistake, you you say you got it at Walmart.

Yeah, WM. If I had known earlier that Target was selling Up for 19.99 I would have easily went there. I just did not wanna go through the hassle of trying to pm and use cpns today.

b2net
11-10-09, 07:57 PM
I did the exact email... got a reply back that they couldn't do it.. I then clicked "no" and re-filled out that reply.... and no response yet... this is still really good even w/o the additional $10 off...

TRC
11-10-09, 08:01 PM
Okay newbie question here, how do I get Best Buy (or any store for that matter) to price match their website? Do I have to print the webpage?

quid squid
11-10-09, 08:05 PM
Okay newbie question here, how do I get Best Buy (or any store for that matter) to price match their website? Do I have to print the webpage?

Go to your cashier/customer service desk/person in the media department and let them know it is cheaper on their website. Usually they can look it up, or if you happen to have a snazy cellphone with internet you can show them right there. I would try the person in the department first unless you have a printed out add, then I would just take it to the cashier.

Daryl
11-10-09, 08:16 PM
Amazing experience at Best Buy today. It took them a sec to get it all square, but they were friendly and I was pleased.

Up with Dug plush & Monsters Inc BD
$19.61 out the door.

That's what I got for $22 and some change. Very happy as is my daughter who loves the plush.

lisadoris
11-10-09, 08:16 PM
Congrats. Did the cashier have to do anything to get the 4th coupon to take?
Nope. I actually spent a few minutes in the parking lot going over the receipt trying to figure out how the hell I ended up with such a good deal.

zombeaner
11-10-09, 08:31 PM
Awesome, great work. :toast:

:toast: :toast:

Me, too. I sent in a second e-mail about the Up coupon and this time they refunded me $10. Which makes my total cost including a $10 credit on my next purchase -$5

kk725
11-10-09, 08:39 PM
$10.98 out the door for me. I was psyched about that until I saw some managed to use 4 coupons at Target. That is unbelievable!

Same here. :) I saw the $10 coupon on the front of "Monsters", but decided not to push my luck and try to use it, since I'd already been bugging the heck out of the Target CS rep. to actually get someone to pull some UP BDs out of the back and put them on the shelf. 3:00 in the afternoon, a million copies of the DVD out, and no BDs. Surprised no one had come in and bugged them about it before I did! But... can't complain after $11 for both discs! :thumbsup:

Many thanks to all who contributed to this--and other--combo-deal threads for these two titles (especially doctorthodt for the definitive guide). I never shop at Target, so would not have known about them having the best deal for these two without the heads-up! :D

aa-dvd
11-10-09, 08:52 PM
My Target was out of Monsters, Inc. So, I walked next door to Best Buy and had them price match their own website, plus the two manufact. coupons for a total of $20.98. Glad to see others are getting some smokin' deals!

nycdude
11-10-09, 08:54 PM
went to BB after I ordered online and got the $14.99 for up with monster at 23.99 and went to store to pick up. told them I had coupon so the idiot customer service girl had to cancel and re-ring up. easy right. nope. she rang everything through when I noticed that the up rang up as $18.99 and not the website price of $14.99. she gave a bs story that she cannot prob beacuse she did not know how to pricematch the website. I was so frustrated that I walked outta there empty handed.

may try again later this week

kevin75
11-10-09, 09:08 PM
BIG thanks to BrentL! Amazon refunded me the $10 for the Up coupon which brings my total to $4.98. The only coupon I didn't get was the Snow White one, which I didn't even order so no big deal.

Blu-ray-collect
11-10-09, 09:20 PM
I gotta wonder if this will ever happen again (folks getting 2 blu-rays for almost nothing). There's no money in it.

mraw
11-10-09, 09:21 PM
I got both for $13 and change from Target and I am happy with that. I actually had an encounter with a great manager today that I didn't even meet. I called ahead to make sure that they had both Up and Monsters Inc. in stock and they did. I asked them to save a copy of each for me (that turned out to be a good move because it was the last MI in the store).

When I got there I got the pricematch (on Monsters Inc. The Up exclusive scanned at $19.99), then I showed the coupons. The girl at the counter told me that they don't accept printed coupons. I asked to speak to the manager about it. She called the manager on the radio and asked her if I could use printed coupons to which the manager replied "you can take any coupons that scan as long as we don't end up in the negative". That was the best answer I ever heard from a manager! So with that she got to scanning coupons. The 4th coupon on the Monsters Inc. packaging did not scan. She said the computer read "too many coupons", but I was fine with that. I was elated that I got as far as I did with the coupons and pricematching. I'm not a fan of Up, but I couldn't pass on this deal and I can give it away as a Christmas gift.

mraw
11-10-09, 09:30 PM
Thanks to everyone for finding these deals and sharing them with us!

TRC
11-10-09, 09:40 PM
Go to your cashier/customer service desk/person in the media department and let them know it is cheaper on their website. Usually they can look it up, or if you happen to have a snazy cellphone with internet you can show them right there. I would try the person in the department first unless you have a printed out add, then I would just take it to the cashier.

Okay, thanks for the help.

Quack
11-10-09, 09:51 PM
Agreed, I never thanked everyone for making it possible for me scoring two awesome Pixar Blu-ray's for under $4!!!

kk725
11-10-09, 09:52 PM
I gotta wonder if this will ever happen again (folks getting 2 blu-rays for almost nothing). There's no money in it.

You gotta figure that the majority of people (especially newbie Blu-Ray buyers) don't think to look for coupons or check forums like this for deals. Plus, there are those who would just as soon not go to all the bother of hunting down a deal (and can afford not to). I'd be interested in seeing the numbers, but I'll bet distributors sell a lot more of these titles at full price (or retail price) than at whatever ridiculous prices all us deal-hunters are getting them for. ;)

doctaheath78
11-10-09, 09:54 PM
SO......I go to my local Target today and they have 1 copy of Monsters Inc. Blu-ray on the shelf and no Ups (Blu-ray)..........I ask the guy in the electronics dept and eh says they have 55 copies in the back so I will get one for you. I ask if I can check out in the electronics dept. and do a price match and he says sure. After showing him the Best Buy ad he says they can't and this wannabe manager says they can't match it because of the book. After taking 3 copouns the 4th says too many coupons which I explained it will work if he hits the button and it does. I paid $11.20 with tax. :)

While walking to the front of the store I decide to go to customer service to see if I can get the price match there. Well after asking both customer service reps they call over an assistant manager and then the store manager. A customer service rep decides to put her 2 cents in and says NO. I said thanks I am talking to the manager. After explaining that Manufacturer Coupons have mothing to do with the price match and telling him that UP is only sold at TARGET with the journal I got an $8.48 refund to make my FINAL TOTAL $2.72. :)

doctorthodt
11-10-09, 10:01 PM
SO......I go to my local Target today and they have 1 copy of Monsters Inc. Blu-ray on the shelf and no Ups (Blu-ray)..........I ask the guy in the electronics dept and eh says they have 55 copies in the back so I will get one for you. I ask if I can check out in the electronics dept. and do a price match and he says sure. After showing him the Best Buy ad he says they can't and this wannabe manager says they can't match it because of the book. After taking 3 copouns the 4th says too many coupons which I explained it will work if he hits the button and it does. I paid $11.20 with tax. :)

While walking to the front of the store I decide to go to customer service to see if I can get the price match there. Well after asking both customer service reps they call over an assistant manager and then the store manager. A customer service rep decides to put her 2 cents in and says NO. I said thanks I am talking to the manager. After explaining that Manufacturer Coupons have mothing to do with the price match and telling him that UP is only sold at TARGET with the journal I got an $8.48 refund to make my FINAL TOTAL $2.72. :)

I gotta be honest, it sounds like you were kind of a dick about it. The Target version was an exclusive package not sold anywhere else, so they were well within their rights to refuse the pricematch.

SirZoltan
11-10-09, 10:02 PM
Question and comment:

First the question:
I got a DEAL at Target [I didn't know about the $10 Up! coupon at the time] for $10.98. If I go back in there with my receipt and the $10 Up! coupon will they let me do that and adjust the price or is that a YMMV? I don't wanna be greedy here - $5.50 per BD is a GREAT deal, but if the Up! coupon fits and is applicable, then I'd do that too.

That is the best possible deal.

Up! $19.99 + $18.99 [best buy price match] - $8 Monsters Inc [disney rewards] - $10 Target website - $10 [on Monster's Inc pack] - $10 Up! coupon = $0.98 + tax

Thanks in advance,
Chad

doctaheath78
11-10-09, 10:03 PM
I gotta be honest, it sounds like you were kind of a dick about it. The Target version was an exclusive package not sold anywhere else, so they were well within their rights to refuse the pricematch.

Actually the Manger was very nice it was other employees sticking their noses where it didn't belong. As far as your statemen of me being a DICK...........QUITE THE CONTRARY. I was very nice and I EVEN told the manager if it could not be done I understand.
It was not the MANAGER saying no it was employees and last i checked the MANAGER has the final say and he even said that they don't have to because of the exclusive, but he would gladly do it for me.

If you think based on what I typed I was a DICK, then YOU REALLY NEED TO RE READ IT AND PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES.

BUT THANKS FOR KNOWING ME SO WELL AND GIVING YOUR $HIITY 2 CENTS. :)

(btw NOW I AM BEING A DICK) ;)

Murmur
11-10-09, 10:13 PM
Not really money in it, but it has happened before and will again. The first two blu rays I ever got...even before I had a blu ray player were Cars and Ratatouille. ToysRUs had a buy one get one free and a coupon for each plus a rebate on Cars. Ended up being $1.50 each. The community in DVDtalk and other sites that take every last drop from these deals is probably very miniscule compared to everyone else that will see it in on sale for $19.99 or $26.99 and pay that price, or close to full. Of course, I could be completely wrong.....

NiCK Crush
11-10-09, 10:30 PM
But it gets better. Using Nick Crushian accounting: $13.66 - $15 from Best Buy steelbook refund = -$1.34! :D

:lol:

Awesome.

TheKobra
11-10-09, 10:32 PM
Target - Total price paid was $5.53 out the door. I am glad I canceled my Amazon order for $32.00. ;)

Matthew Chmiel
11-10-09, 10:36 PM
Not really money in it, but it has happened before and will again. The first two blu rays I ever got...even before I had a blu ray player were Cars and Ratatouille. ToysRUs had a buy one get one free and a coupon for each plus a rebate on Cars. Ended up being $1.50 each. The community in DVDtalk and other sites that take every last drop from these deals is probably very miniscule compared to everyone else that will see it in on sale for $19.99 or $26.99 and pay that price, or close to full. Of course, I could be completely wrong.....
You're on the ball. Outside of the forums, nobody else would've taken as full advantage of the deal as we have. However, the forum has also been proactive about the deals regarding these two movies for weeks now.

I posted a comment regarding the price I paid on Facebook and I've had not only numerous people comment on how I did it, but tons of people call and text. I'm like the second coming of the Blu-ray Christ in my social circle now due to this. :lol:

Tweakophyte
11-10-09, 10:42 PM
I got a YMMV deal...
Up at Target was $19.99
PM BB -> Monsters $18.99
---------------------------
Total $38.98
$10 off UP (disney)($10.00)
$10 off Up/Monster($10.00) from the Monsters slip cover
$10 off Up/Monster($10.00) from the Target online ad
---------------------------
Total $ 8.98
plus tax on $28.98 $ 2.38 (this is what the receipt said)
------------------------
Out the door $11.36

Boy did I get lucky.

I should point out that I was not able to use the $8 Monsters coupon (from Disney) because Target automatically limits you to one manufacturers coupon per item. The ladies at customer service we very nice, and I decided not to push it. In the end it was a nice combo of 1 Disney coupon per item plus a Target coupon.

doctaheath78
11-10-09, 10:48 PM
I should point out that I was not able to use the $8 Monsters coupon (from Disney) because Target automatically limits you to one manufacturers coupon per item. The ladies at customer service we very nice, and I decided not to push it. In the end it was a nice combo of 1 Disney coupon per item plus a Target coupon.

Not true. They just have to hit a button to allow it since it won't automatically take it. The computer DOES NOT reject it though if they hit the button. :)

Mao
11-10-09, 11:02 PM
I don't have the patience to fight with Target tomorrow...

Is anything preventing this deal at Best Buy:

$19.99 + $18.99 - $10 Up - $8 Monsters Inc = $20.98 + tax ?

Snowmaker
11-10-09, 11:07 PM

Only their own computer system not in sync with what the ad specifies.

kstublen
11-10-09, 11:09 PM

Their system doesn't seem to want to allow that deal. It took me 30 minutes to get a cashier to do it. Then, she refused to honor the coupons. I promptly left. I'll have to try again later with another cashier.

JoeyOhhhh
11-10-09, 11:10 PM
Best Buy's register system takes $5 off each title, so price matching Up doesn't work to your advantage. Unless you can somehow finagle them to manually drop Monsters Inc to $18.99.

Snowmaker
11-10-09, 11:14 PM
Best Buy's register system takes $5 off each title, so price matching Up doesn't work to your advantage. Unless you can somehow finagle them to manually drop Monsters Inc to $18.99.

I had to argue it too, but it worked for me. Basically I told the woman at the CS desk that if I were to order the two movies online for pick-up, I would get them for the cheaper price, so why can't I in-store? She then dropped UP to $14.99 to make up the difference.

DonkeyKong
11-10-09, 11:29 PM

Went to one Best Buy -- they claimed that both coupons were fake! They said that someone posted invalid barcodes (even though these were from the Disney site!!), and thus, could not accept the coupons. Their excuse also was that if the coupons don't scan, they can't accept them. BB knows that NO manufacturer's coupons scan in the system (correct me if I'm wrong?). They have to manually enter the coupons after the sub-total.

Another BB location would only allow me to do 2 separate transactions...not use both coupons in the same transaction (to go along with the added $10 instant savings with purchase of both flicks)....

melih69
11-10-09, 11:30 PM
Not true. They just have to hit a button to allow it since it won't automatically take it. The computer DOES NOT reject it though if they hit the button. :)

And which button would that be ? I dont wanna go over there tomorrow and hand the 4th coupon and say just hit the button when the computer refuses it. :)

melih69
11-10-09, 11:33 PM
It was in a reply to the snow white discount. Instead of doing it like all the other CSRs did, they made me click a link to get the $10 refunded after it shipped.

I ended up getting another reply to the second email I sent out, at the same time, and they just applied it normally. So they basically gave it to me twice, in two different ways.

Thats what she said.

PS: I am sorry man i had to do it. :)

Sweet Baby James
11-10-09, 11:39 PM
If you buy an additional cheap item(I bought a Gatorade), the computer does take all 4 coupons without issue.

kstublen
11-10-09, 11:41 PM
Went to one Best Buy -- they claimed that both coupons were fake! They said that someone posted invalid barcodes (even though these were from the Disney site!!), and thus, could not accept the coupons. Their excuse also was that if the coupons don't scan, they can't accept them. BB knows that NO manufacturer's coupons scan in the system (correct me if I'm wrong?). They have to manually enter the coupons after the sub-total.

Another BB location would only allow me to do 2 separate transactions...not use both coupons in the same transaction (to go along with the added $10 instant savings with purchase of both flicks)....

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got screwed over.

Sweet Baby James
11-10-09, 11:42 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that got screwed over.
I'm sure that DonkeyKong would disagree.:D

DonkeyKong
11-10-09, 11:49 PM
I'm sure that DonkeyKong would disagree.:D

I just can't believe they pulled the fake coupon story. They said that BB corporate was alerted by Disney to not take the coupons....!!!!!!!!

Snowmaker
11-10-09, 11:54 PM
I just can't believe they pulled the fake coupon story. They said that BB corporate was alerted by Disney to not take the coupons....!!!!!!!!

My BB girl was aware of them both and said they could take them before I really even offered them to her.

DonkeyKong
11-10-09, 11:56 PM

My BB girl was aware of them both and said they could take them before I really even offered them to her.

Wow! Awesome....just awesome....

bwsmom
11-10-09, 11:58 PM

Pretty sad, but, as I related from my experience earlier, they wouldn't scan and when the clerk manually entered the barcode number, they came up as "not found in the system," so I suppose there could be a bit of skepticism - and then some over-zealous 18-year-old clerk trying to score points with the big boss by coming up with the "fake coupons!" "Disney's aware!" story. -rolleyes-

DonkeyKong
11-11-09, 12:00 AM
Pretty sad, but, as I related from my experience earlier, they wouldn't scan and when the clerk manually entered the barcode number, they came up as "not found in the system," so I suppose there could be a bit of skepticism - and then some over-zealous 18-year-old clerk trying to score points with the big boss by coming up with the "fake coupons!" "Disney's aware!" story. -rolleyes-

True.

I think BB's registers are setup differently though, when compared with Target or Walmart. I don't think manufacturer's coupons ever scan or work when the barcode is typed in.

bwsmom
11-11-09, 12:04 AM
True.

I think BB's registers are setup differently though, when compared with Target or Walmart. I don't think manufacturer's coupons ever scan or work when the barcode is typed in.

Could be. Perhaps some of the others here that got theirs at BB and used coupons could chime in on this - as to whether their coupons scanned or came up when manually entered. It'd be good to know for future reference. (Yes, ever the optimist, I'm already looking forward to the next great deal... :D )

kstublen
11-11-09, 12:04 AM
I used to work at Walgreens and if a Manufacturer Coupon didn't scan and was legitimate we just entered however much the coupon was worth as cash. I'm pretty sure Best Buy does the same thing; the girl that refused the coupons, I told her to just try and scan them to see if they would work and she said "No, we enter them manually."

Goldberg74
11-11-09, 12:10 AM
Are the ones that y'all are getting from Target and Walmart the 4-Disc sets? or just the 3-Disc sets?

MisterBill2
11-11-09, 12:12 AM
Are the ones that y'all are getting from Target and Walmart the 4-Disc sets? or just the 3-Disc sets?
Everyone is getting the 4 disc version, I am sure.

Surfinhank
11-11-09, 12:20 AM
Is there a way to print a 2nd coupon for Monsters, Inc from the Disney web site?

izatright
11-11-09, 12:21 AM
If you buy an additional cheap item(I bought a Gatorade), the computer does take all 4 coupons without issue.
Note on this. I told my dad about this deal and he got everything together for a Target run. They let him use all the $10 coupons (Target.com for both, MI slipcase manufacturer coupon for both, and the UP! Disney.com coupon), but when it came time for the Monster's Inc. $8 they said the system rejected it, claiming it wasn't in stock or present on the purchase ticket.

He had both blu's AND a magazine and I had already used all four coupons once at that location this morning, so I don't know if corporate changed something or if they were simply incompetent.

On a side note, they also treated my dad like he was trying to rip them off, acting skeptical and kind of confrontational. He's a senior citizen for God's sake! In the end he was able to walk out with each blu-ray for $8.50 each plus tax.

doctaheath78
11-11-09, 12:22 AM
Is there a way to print a 2nd coupon for Monsters, Inc from the Disney web site?

If it is like most of the coupons you can print it twice OR you can make photcopies of it as well. :)

doctaheath78
11-11-09, 12:25 AM
Note on this. I told my dad about this deal and he got everything together for a Target run. They let him use all the $10 coupons (Target.com for both, MI slipcase manufacturer coupon for both, and the UP! Disney.com coupon), but when it came time for the Monster's Inc. $8 they said the system rejected it, claiming it wasn't in stock or present on the purchase ticket.

He had both blu's AND a magazine and I had already used all four coupons once at that location this morning, so I don't know if corporate changed something or if they were simply incompetent.

On a side note, they also treated my dad like he was trying to rip them off, acting skeptical and kind of confrontational. He's a senior citizen for God's sake! In the end he was able to walk out with each blu-ray for $8.50 each plus tax.

All they have to do is hit the button to continue and it works.

I told my friend about this deal and this site and he went to the site for the 1st time to print the coupons and after entering the 3 coupons, the 4th coupon of $8 off said they would not accept it. I told him to tell them to hit the button (override or continue.....whatever it is on the register) and he got to use all 4 NO PROBLEMS. This was around 6pm est tonight.

Surfinhank
11-11-09, 12:26 AM
If it is like most of the coupons you can print it twice OR you can make photcopies of it as well. :)

Instructions on how to reprint it would be helpful, I can't figure it out.

zdzjxh
11-11-09, 12:36 AM
If you are talking about the $8 Monster Inc coupon from disneyreward site, would be easy to create another account?

zdzjxh
11-11-09, 12:39 AM
Thank you all for the shopping tips. Unfortunately, my local target had only UP and no copies of Monsters, Inc. But, I am happy to pick up "UP" with the $10 coupon. Hopefully, target will restock Monsters Inc soon. Btw, as I was leaving Target, the clerks were pulling all the UP with the journal book off the shelf.

doctaheath78
11-11-09, 12:40 AM
Instructions on how to reprint it would be helpful, I can't figure it out.

It is saved on your Dinsey Rewards page when you log in under your rewards.

Just do the same thing you did before and reclick the link and that should work.

Rob052067
11-11-09, 01:27 AM
I picked up 'Up!" at Target tonite for $9.99 after the $10 coupon.

The display near the registers still had the $26.99 shelf tag price from this week's ad, but the display back in the movie area had a 'Lower Than Advertised' shelf tag of $19.99 (good thru 11/14).

They had no "Monsters, Inc." in stock and they checked area inventory for me and found only one store in the Columbus area had any available (2 copies in Reynoldsburg).

doctaheath78
11-11-09, 01:29 AM
Monsters Inc is DEFINITELY UNDERSTOCKED at Targets.

I got lucky to get the last one and when they did an area check there were only 2 stores out of 8 local that showed they had any left and this was at 5pm.

bwsmom
11-11-09, 01:32 AM

I got lucky to get the last one and when they did an area check there were only 2 stores out of 8 local that showed they had any left and this was at 5pm.

Seems like it was that way for Best Buy, too. I got the last one on the shelf (at a little after 1:00p), and the shelf space itself for MI was marginal at best (maybe enough room for four copies?). Seems like lots of folks on here have been reporting they got the last copy in their store... :confused:

tlwizard
11-11-09, 02:24 AM
Seems like it was that way for Best Buy, too. I got the last one on the shelf (at a little after 1:00p), and the shelf space itself for MI was marginal at best (maybe enough room for four copies?). Seems like lots of folks on here have been reporting they got the last copy in their store... :confused:The Best Buy I went to had none on the shelf and I thought I was out of luck (regardless of the problem I would later have checking out.) However, after the nice young gentleman who worked there took off his headphones, I asked if they had anymore Monsters Inc in stock and he led me to a huge display with tons of copies of both Up and Monsters, Inc in... the Music section!

Alas, after all that work and interrupting that nice man's shift of listening to music, shot down at the cash register.

izatright
11-11-09, 02:28 AM
Alas, after all that work and interrupting that nice man's shift of listening to music, shot down at the cash register.
Shot down for which deals?

And for the record, I, too, was responsible for picking up the last copies of Monsters Inc. in the Targets of the East Bay of CA. (One was me and one was my dad, whom I helped get the deals).

tlwizard
11-11-09, 03:01 AM
Shot down for which deals?

And for the record, I, too, was responsible for picking up the last copies of Monsters Inc. in the Targets of the East Bay of CA. (One was me and one was my dad, whom I helped get the deals).Using the manufacturer's coupons ($10 off Up, $8 off Monsters, Inc.). They said they weren't valid. Other people were told that the coupons were fake. All in all, Best Buys are trying not to take them.

izatright
11-11-09, 03:04 AM
Using the manufacturer's coupons ($10 off Up, $8 off Monsters, Inc.). They said they weren't valid. Other people were told that the coupons were fake. All in all, Best Buys are trying not to take them.I like how employees act like the money is coming out of their pocket and not Disney's. I hope you took a few free steelbooks home out of the whole fiasco.

AmityBoatTours
11-11-09, 03:08 AM
yeah all ten times i went back in fourth in the emails, they kept trying to tell me the poster on the forum (i.e. you) was making the whole thing up as none of there cs reps have given the discounts and promos to some but not others. which i told them was wrong as there is no reason why you (i.e. annonymous internet poster lol would do that) and that To many people on here have posted proof of amazon reps doing just,but the stupid cs people i get wouldnt buy it. oh well congrats on being paid to take both movies off their hands lolI've heard a couple of people say that after clicking "no" they received another reply actually pulling through with the discounts afterall. I have no clue how common that is though.

lovgun7
11-11-09, 03:10 AM
walked into Frys in Burbank not knowing if they would take the coupons...

over at Blu-ray.com one said they gave him a huge hastle and another said that they've always taken coupons.

so i went to pay and the cashier just had to check with his manger and walked out with Up for 11 and change... god dame CA tax...

they said they had no more Monsters Inc. in stock which i find a bit hard to believe since they had a shit load of UP copies

mraw
11-11-09, 03:11 AM
That's why I rushed out to get in on this deal today. I'm sure that word has gotten out about how great this deal is and a memo is probably already circulating (especially at Target). The girl who checked me out said "You're a good shopper!" Target will probably find a way to reject at least one of those coupons, if not two (or stock Monsters Inc. in the back until next week). I wish I'd known to tell the girl to hit the return or enter button when it rejected my final coupon.

AmityBoatTours
11-11-09, 03:27 AM
Well i went to bestbuy after class this morning and i brought the up coupon the monsters inc coupon and brought up the bestbuy.com price of up for 19.99
so the airhead of a cashier i had rings up monsters inc and then up and adjusts the price of up to 19.99 but then when i asked about why monsters inc was showing as 23.99.
she starts getting a nasty attitude with me about how thats the price of the movie, i try to explain your own add says buy up get monsters inc for 18.99 she doesnt even want to look in the ad sitting 2 inches away from her face, finally she yanks the ad off the counter and starts "flipping around" the pages "i dont see it in here, and i have a long line, so this is the price you get" she pushes the ad aside i open right to the page and say right there it say 18.99 she gets all huffy, and adjusts it but when she adjusted the price she wasnt paying attention (neither was i as i didnt notice till after i got out the door) but she adjusted monsters inc to 13.99 and up to 18.99. then came the 10.00 up coupon which she claimed was a counterfit and then the 8.00 monsters inc coupon which after she was told by the manager were legit coupons tryed to say this was not able to be used as its a promotion, i asked her to call the manager back over, first thing out her mouth "this guy is BUGGIN cause i wont take this coupon also" the manager said to her to just accept it to get me out of the store and get the line moving. so i walk out the door paying14.98 before tax 16.44 after.

if i had realized target was definately taking there coupon and the manufactures coupons i would have just went there instead. latter on today after reading peoples success in here about target, i tried 4 different targets all sold out one i went to after calling and the guy said he found one described it as the bluray dvd combo and put my name on it and told me to ask for ***** the superviosr that he would have it for me. when i get there they look at me like iam crazy and of course the guy i talked to went home. in anycase they are suppose to call me when they get more instock and promised me they would honor all my coupons and price match the bestbuy 18.99 price for monsters inc. even if it comes in after saturday but they seem to think friday will be the next day they get instock since tommorow is a holiday and thursday is not a normal day they get shipments from buena vista.

so once i get that from target, i will return my bestbuy order.

hal9000
11-11-09, 03:35 AM
This has to be one of the best deals of 2009. I can't recall getting anything even close to this... with the small exception of the Big Lots DVD insanity over the summer. But, for a new Blu Ray release, hands down this has to be it.

I went to 4 Targets today; Burbank (Empire Center) had no Monsters Inc., North Hollywood (Victory/Vineland) had them, but I forgot I needed the Best buy ad to price match. On the way home from work I swung by the Best Buy in Cerritos and hit up the Bloomfield (Cerritos) Target, they didn't have any Monsters Inc. they said they might get some in tomorrow (I did see another guy walking around with printed coupons). I made a last ditch effort at the Santa Fe Springs Target at 9:30 PM ding! ding! ding! They must have had a shift/night crew change over because I was able to snag the lone copies of both Up and MI that were sitting behind the camera counter. I nonchalantly asked the clerk if I could get a copy of those Blu Rays (as I pointed towards the remaining copies behind the counter) he said sure no problem. I can only imagine that these Blu Rays were on hold for someone, behind the counter and not out on the shelf?

And then it began, I pulled out the BB ad and the two $10 off coupons printed from Target and Disney, I didn't bother with the $8 coupon. Seriously how greedy does one have to get, sub $5 for two new Blu releases? ;) The salesperson seemed to be down with all the price matching coupon taking aspects. And I thought we would be able to take care of it all right there at the electronics counter... he doesn't quite get the BB ad, he interprets it as you buy both UP and MI for $18.99 total! How crazy would that have been if he handed me a $10 bill and two free Blu Rays after all is said and done. Being the good Catholic that I am, I quickly correct him and say noooo, you get MI for $18.99 IF you purchase Up at the same time. "No problem, I just need to get my supervisor to approve these two coupons..." oh shit, I think to myself, the jig is surly up (no pun intended).

The supervisor comes over, and immediately I get the impression this guy could give two shits... unlike the Nazis that run most Targets during the morning/daytime hours. This guy says they can only price match at the front, okay cool, we start the long walk to the front, just so there isn't any tension I try a couple jokes about how freaking early all the Christmas decorations have been put on display, he agrees. So far so good. We get to the counter, he starts scanning and adjusting and without batting an eye he says "that will be $11.81" sweeeeet! I'm out the front doors faster than Speedy Gonzales on a crack binge.

My gut says this deal will be dead soon, if not already. How can it not, all the coupons that I used said "not to be used with any other offers".

Thanks again to the OP and all the previous posters that told of their experiences.

http://i33.tinypic.com/34hfb4p.jpg

doctaheath78
11-11-09, 03:47 AM
That's why I rushed out to get in on this deal today. I'm sure that word has gotten out about how great this deal is and a memo is probably already circulating (especially at Target). The girl who checked me out said "You're a good shopper!" Target will probably find a way to reject at least one of those coupons, if not two (or stock Monsters Inc. in the back until next week). I wish I'd known to tell the girl to hit the return or enter button when it rejected my final coupon.

I was actually told that by my cashier to. He then asked how do you get all the coupons and I told him. he said that the price is better than his employee discount. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :)

WillDLeeEsq
11-11-09, 04:11 AM
Boy...we should have an entire thread with wacky stories about trying to get deals.

Went to Best Buy's customer service desk and the associate refused to pricematch the website, saying I couldn't do that AND get the combo deal. Fine, whatever. I gave him the $10 Up coupon, the $8 Monsters Inc. one, and a $10 RewardZone coupon. He refused to take any of them, saying I couldn't get the sale prices AND the coupons (incl. the RZ one. NEVER had anyone give me problems about RewardZone coupons). Then he pointed to the fine print at "Limit one coupon," to which I pointed out that it clearly said, "...per specified item," but he still insisted it was 1 coupon per transaction. He called two other associates over. One said the system won't give me the additional discounts on top of the sale prices, the other said the system won't even recognize the coupons.

This went on for about 15 mintues before I walked away, grabbed two other copies off the shelf and went right to an open register. Cashier scanned the Blu-Rays, scanned the coupons, and gave me my receipt. No questions asked, no alarms, no red flags. Took less than a minute. I paid about $17 and some change so I can't really complain, but sheesh...

Hope you all have an easier time.

AmityBoatTours
11-11-09, 04:18 AM
you should have walked back over the coustmer service desk and said, wow thats funny your cashier had no problem ringing it up with the sale price and the coupons!!" then walked out the door.Boy...we should have an entire thread with wacky stories about trying to get deals.

Went to Best Buy's customer service desk and the associate refused to pricematch the website, saying I couldn't do that AND get the combo deal. Fine, whatever. I gave him the $10 Up coupon, the $8 Monsters Inc. one, and a $10 RewardZone coupon. He refused to take any of them, saying I couldn't get the sale prices AND the coupons (incl. the RZ one. NEVER had anyone give me problems about RewardZone coupons). Then he pointed to the fine print at "Limit one coupon," to which I pointed out that it clearly said, "...per specified item," but he still insisted it was 1 coupon per transaction. He called two other associates over. One said the system won't give me the additional discounts on top of the sale prices, the other said the system won't even recognize the coupons.

This went on for about 15 mintues before I walked away, grabbed two other copies off the shelf and went right to an open register. Cashier scanned the Blu-Rays, scanned the coupons, and gave me my receipt. No questions asked, no alarms, no red flags. Took less than a minute. I paid about $17 and some change so I can't really complain, but sheesh...

Hope you all have an easier time.

AmityBoatTours
11-11-09, 04:26 AM
well that explains why target didnt have it for me after i drove all the way out to the santa fe springs target, i called at 845pm after being put on hold for 15 mins, the electronics person said he had and took my name and told me to go pick it up and ask for terry the electronics supervisor. when i got there at 945 With my coupons in hand no one had clue about my monsters inc and up that were being held for me, as i said in my above post. i drove all the way from Hollywood to the santa fe springs target, after confirming on the phone he had put the one copy aside from me.
Now after all that they are suppose to call me and let me know when more get in and "hold it for me" and accept all the coupons and the price match even if its after sunday.This has to be one of the best deals of 2009. I can't recall getting anything even close to this... with the small exception of the Big Lots DVD insanity over the summer. But, for a new Blu Ray release, hands down this has to be it.

I went to 4 Targets today; Burbank (Empire Center) had no Monsters Inc., North Hollywood (Victory/Vineland) had them, but I forgot I needed the Best buy ad to price match. On the way home from work I swung by the Best Buy in Cerritos and hit up the Bloomfield (Cerritos) Target, they didn't have any Monsters Inc. they said they might get some in tomorrow (I did see another guy walking around with printed coupons). I made a last ditch effort at the Santa Fe Springs Target at 9:30 PM ding! ding! ding! They must have had a shift/night crew change over because I was able to snag the lone copies of both Up and MI that were sitting behind the camera counter. I nonchalantly asked the clerk if I could get a copy of those Blu Rays (as I pointed towards the remaining copies behind the counter) he said sure no problem. I can only imagine that these Blu Rays were on hold for someone, behind the counter and not out on the shelf?

And then it began, I pulled out the BB ad and the two $10 off coupons printed from Target and Disney, I didn't bother with the $8 coupon. Seriously how greedy does one have to get, sub $5 for two new Blu releases? ;) The salesperson seemed to be down with all the price matching coupon taking aspects. And I thought we would be able to take care of it all right there at the electronics counter... he doesn't quite get the BB ad, he interprets it as you buy both UP and MI for $18.99 total! How crazy would that have been if he handed me a $10 bill and two free Blu Rays after all is said and done. Being the good Catholic that I am, I quickly correct him and say noooo, you get MI for $18.99 IF you purchase Up at the same time. "No problem, I just need to get my supervisor to approve these two coupons..." oh shit, I think to myself, the jig is surly up (no pun intended).

The supervisor comes over, and immediately I get the impression this guy could give two shits... unlike the Nazis that run most Targets during the morning/daytime hours. This guy says they can only price match at the front, okay cool, we start the long walk to the front, just so there isn't any tension I try a couple jokes about how freaking early all the Christmas decorations have been put on display, he agrees. So far so good. We get to the counter, he starts scanning and adjusting and without batting an eye he says "that will be $11.81" sweeeeet! I'm out the front doors faster than Speedy Gonzales on a crack binge.

My gut says this deal will be dead soon, if not already. How can it not, all the coupons that I used said "not to be used with any other offers".

Thanks again to the OP and all the previous posters that told of their experiences.

http://i33.tinypic.com/34hfb4p.jpg

b2net
11-11-09, 04:28 AM
Wish I could have gotten Amazon to do the $10 off Up Coupon as I never got the Snow White Thanks...

ozzfan84
11-11-09, 06:16 AM
My BB was also fine with the coupons. In fact, after getting the Up/Monsters deal, I was able to buy another Up with another $10 coupon for my gf.

BuckNaked2k
11-11-09, 07:24 AM
Well, I sent off a couple e-mails to CS last night at Amazon regarding the last minute $10 off UP coupon. Seems they have gone silent on me, which is not normal for them. I wonder if they have "flagged" my account?

hal9000
11-11-09, 07:30 AM
well that explains why target didnt have it for me after i drove all the way out to the santa fe springs target, i called at 845pm after being put on hold for 15 mins, the electronics person said he had and took my name and told me to go pick it up and ask for terry the electronics supervisor. when i got there at 945 With my coupons in hand no one had clue about my monsters inc and up that were being held for me, as i said in my above post. i drove all the way from Hollywood to the santa fe springs target, after confirming on the phone he had put the one copy aside from me.
Now after all that they are suppose to call me and let me know when more get in and "hold it for me" and accept all the coupons and the price match even if its after sunday.

You're kidding right? Because If I had driven from Hollywood all the way to Santa Fe Springs after all those assurances, and then left empty handed I'm pretty sure I'd be leaving Target in handcuffs. BTW, the first sales person I delt with was John and the supervisor's name was either Mark or Mike. There was no name on the Blu Rays and they were sitting under a pretty tall stack of Call Of Duty 4 video games.

On the bright side at least you didn't have to deal with any traffic at that time of night, I drove from Hollywood Way in Burbank at/near the 134/101 freeways to the 605 freeway in under 20 minutes. If I were you I would check the Burbank Target today/this morning. I was told they were expecting more M-Inc. and they already had an end cap display totally filled with Up Blu Rays.

Why didn't you go to the North Hollywood Target they had a crap load of both? That's the less desirable Target, let's just say that the clientele that shop there aren't really buying much in the way of Blu Ray discs.

Murmur
11-11-09, 07:31 AM
Not that I was going to go out and take advantage of this deal again, but after reading about the lack of inventory, I just did a quick check of my local Targets.

Of the 10 local Targes (8 - 28 miles away
- Monsters, Inc.: 2 availability, 1 limited, 7 no availability
- Up!: availability at all

I further the search range, and still came up with only a few with availability. Up!, on the other hand, had availability at every store. Would Target that grossly underestimate the number of Monsters movies and run out so quickly? If they pulled them to stop people from doing this deal, they would still show in the system as being available, wouldn't they? With two big new releases, I don't know why they would have so many UP! and so few Monsters.

big whoppa
11-11-09, 07:39 AM
^Where is the avialability search on Target? I couldn't find it.

MBoyd
11-11-09, 07:47 AM
Well, I sent off a couple e-mails to CS last night at Amazon regarding the last minute $10 off UP coupon. Seems they have gone silent on me, which is not normal for them. I wonder if they have "flagged" my account?

Same here. I just had to send one more about the $10 UP coupon . . .

BuckNaked2k
11-11-09, 07:52 AM
Same here. I just had to send one more about the $10 UP coupon . . .Well, post back if you have any luck. It seems this coupon (like every other) is a YMMV at Los Amazonas.

Manzana
11-11-09, 08:01 AM
Much earlier in the thread (before it exploded once the deal went live) I posted a link to a Slickdeals post about a bunch of stories of how too much bugging of Amazon customer service can get an account flagged/blacklisted. However, with so many people bugging them lately I'd be surprised for them to single you out. They're probably overloaded with emails and are having meetings what to do about never-ending $10 coupon requests on these 2 movies. Next time such a situation comes around, I doubt they'll hand out $10 discounts so freely... except to BrentL of course :-)

big whoppa
11-11-09, 08:10 AM
This plus the Xbox $100 Gift Certificate deal must be driving the Amazon employees nuts.

Manzana
11-11-09, 08:14 AM
Here are my long, blabby comments on this mega-thread because I know everyone wants to hear from me. ;-) If I hadn't been able to get my Up/MI BR Amazon order down to about $13 after a few emails (I didn't go crazy with email requests and that was before I read about the potential blacklisting), I would've been bummed about not having gone to Target instead... but who could predict the future and know for sure that all these coupons would work? Fortunately the difference between $8.98 + tax and $13 is about $4 and change. I can live with paying $4 more to avoid the hassle of going into Target or Best Buy, struggling to find a copy before all the other people doing this same deal snag them, and hoping the cashier of the moment will allow the pricematch and all the coupons. However, if I do future Amazon preorders, especially Disney Blu-Rays, unless those orders have special discounts, I may decide not to risk an Amazon preorder but rather wait until release date to see what deals happen at local stores.

Who would've thought people would be getting these anywhere for 98 cents for both, or $8.98 + tax, or around $13... it seems to vary depending on the store and the employees' moods.

I do know from various prior manufacturer coupons and PM'ing experiences with Best Buy that most of the time it's not worth the effort because I always get the various excuses how they can't take manufacturer coupons or combine any offers, blah blah blah. That happens almost all the time at BBY for me. The only difference is when I ask for the supervisor/manager if he/she is hard-nosed or will cave in. That's about 50-50 for me.

[Aside: I have to mention that my experiences with the coupon printer linked to the Disney coupons has been annoying at best. I didn't try this time, but on previous occasions (such as Bolt and Snow White), I went through lots of hassle trying to get the coupon printer to print. On some computers it wouldn't work no matter what I did. On another it refused to print to a shared network printer (the only printer available). I finally got the previous coupons to print on 1 computer only by hooking a printer DIRECTLY (USB or parallel port) to it. Seriously, printing coupons shouldn't be so difficult. That makes printing any Disney mfg. coupons a big YMMV with me. Too bad they won't let people get them directly out of your Disney Rewards account (where you must log in) without this annoying coupon printer software whose logic is flawed because after you print it you could still make a copy of it, so I don't see how this software would cut down on people reusing the same coupon.]

One more question (which I doubt will get addressed this time any more than when I posted it regarding the Snow White BR and $10 manufacturer's coupon)...

People say the retailer loses nothing on manufacturer's coupons (assuming they send them in properly and on-time). That's fine, but correct me if I'm wrong only some stores' systems (like Target and TRU) scan the coupons. Did Best Buy, Fry's, or Walmart successfully scan the mfg coupons? If not, that means they can't check the "unique" codes given out on Disney.com in which case the coupons could be fake/duplicate and the store might NOT get reimbursed. And for the stores whose systems do scan the mfg coupons, does the system connect with Disney.com or some database to verify the coupon hasn't already been used? If not, they're again at risk not getting paid.

But like I said, I don't expect anyone to post the answers to these questions (either nobody cares to post or nobody knows the answers). So until then whenever someone says "retailers aren't losing anything on manufacturer's coupons" my answer is "maybe... maybe not".

Murmur
11-11-09, 08:25 AM
Hopefully my link will work. If you follow it, you should go to a Target page and to the right of the item, it says "Find it at a Target store" and then just look via city or zipcode.

http://www.target.com/gp/search/179-4187212-9000512?field-keywords=monsters%2C+inc&url=index%3Dtarget%26search-alias%3Dtgt-index&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0

^Where is the avialability search on Target? I couldn't find it.

big whoppa
11-11-09, 08:35 AM
Hopefully my link will work. If you follow it, you should go to a Target page and to the right of the item, it says "Find it at a Target store" and then just look via city or zipcode.

http://www.target.com/gp/search/179-4187212-9000512?field-keywords=monsters%2C+inc&url=index%3Dtarget%26search-alias%3Dtgt-index&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=0&y=0

Thanks. It worked. I might be able to get a Monsters Inc. though what I only wanted was UP. Getting the deal with be the tough one.

Tweakophyte
11-11-09, 08:41 AM

I got the second-to-last copy of Monsters when I went in around 1pm. I was surprised there were so few.

sirbrady
11-11-09, 09:28 AM
I got both for $16.XX + tax at Target. It's not as good as some here, but I've never seen these. So it's definitely worth it.

I had the 3 $10 coupons, but forgot about the $8 one. 1st Target had no Monsters, 2nd one did. I'm happy as the next Target was 10 miles away. I was going to PM Best Buy, but I got a strange look from the cashier. He froze for a few seconds after the coupons took $30 off, I thought a manager would be called. I paid and left.

NoirFan
11-11-09, 09:35 AM
Denied, but sent off another email.

Shot down again, so I'm done. I'm fine with $14.98.

fatherom
11-11-09, 09:43 AM
Shot down again, so I'm done. I'm fine with $14.98.

Exact same scenario for me.

COACH2369
11-11-09, 09:58 AM
I decided that I was going to give Target another attempt after being shot down at Wal-Mart with the Target coupon.

So I grabbed my Best Buy ad and headed to the loca'l Target. They had one copy of "Monsters Inc." left and plenty copies of "UP".

The Target I went to in Knoxville had a display showing the price being $19.99 on "UP". The manager told me that he thought MI had another $10.00 off coupon on the slipcover, but they couldn't find any in the store.

Can anybody confirm if the coupon on the Monster's Inc slipcover is an additional $10 off or is it the same as the Target coupon? The reason I ask is when I bought MI yesterday at Wal-Mart, there was no coupon on the slipcover.

Right now I have paid $13.66 with tax for both movies...That is a great deal for me but if I have a chance of getting another $10 off on top of that, I will go up to my closest Target and see what I can do. The Target associate looked around pretty closely and couldn't find any behind the Electronic's counter where I purchased it.

My receipt says "You Saved $51.00" ....LOL

Can anybody confirm what the coupon is on the MI box?????

obidawsn
11-11-09, 10:01 AM
What's the best deal besides Target? Both Targets in my area claim to be sold out of Monsters Inc. I say claim because one store said they didn't have any, so I called the other store and they said there was 1 in stock at the first store I called. I thought about going to the store, anyway, but it's on the other end of town. I'll be over there tomorrow, but I say it will be gone by then. I'm not sure if someone hid it or what. If they don't have it, then I want to see what the second best deal is that people have found.

obidawsn
11-11-09, 10:03 AM
I decided that I was going to give Target another attempt after being shot down at Wal-Mart with the Target coupon.

So I grabbed my Best Buy ad and headed to the loca'l Target. They had one copy of "Monsters Inc." left and plenty copies of "UP".

The Target I went to in Knoxville had a display showing the price being $19.99 on "UP". The manager told me that he thought MI had another $10.00 off coupon on the slipcover, but they couldn't find any in the store.

Can anybody confirm if the coupon on the Monster's Inc slipcover is an additional $10 off or is it the same as the Target coupon? The reason I ask is when I bought MI yesterday at Wal-Mart, there was no coupon on the slipcover.

Right now I have paid $13.66 with tax for both movies...That is a great deal for me but if I have a chance of getting another $10 off on top of that, I will go up to my closest Target and see what I can do. The Target associate looked around pretty closely and couldn't find any behind the Electronic's counter where I purchased it.

The $10 off is similar to the Target coupon, but since it's a manufacturer's coupon and the Target coupon is a store coupon you can use both. It's been YMMV to use the $10 coupon on MI and the $10 and $8 printable coupons, but a lot of people have gotten it to work.

COACH2369
11-11-09, 10:38 AM
The $10 off is similar to the Target coupon, but since it's a manufacturer's coupon and the Target coupon is a store coupon you can use both. It's been YMMV to use the $10 coupon on MI and the $10 and $8 printable coupons, but a lot of people have gotten it to work.

WOW....that would make it $.98 before tax is figured in if I could get it to work. Might be worth going to another Target and see if they have the coupon available...

Murmur
11-11-09, 10:48 AM
The coupon on the Monsters, Inc. slipcover is a manufacturer's coupon for $10.00 - it is not the same as the Target $10 coupon. YMMV on whether they accept it with all of the other coupons - they may get an error message of too many manufacturer coupons. Also, with coupons on the slip covers, I believe that only so many movies actually get them, so not every MI slipcover will have the coupon.

Hopefully you will be able to find one

RonBoster
11-11-09, 11:04 AM
My Target's register (and manager) wouldn't take all three of the Disney coupons. I could chose which ones I wanted applied.

gryffinmaster
11-11-09, 11:06 AM
Decided to go really simple by just getting Up at Best Buy.

$23.99 was adjusted to $19.99 to reflect the BestBuy.com price. $19.99 - $10 manufacturer coupon = $9.99. Ended up getting The Omega Man as well for $9.99, which took my total price to $20 ($10 after a burning-a-hole-in-my-pocket Reward Zone card).

Thanks for the heads-up on the pricing and coupons, guys! :up:

dj_orinj_joos
11-11-09, 11:10 AM
My Target didn't have Monsters, and the Best Buy down the way didn't have any sticky coupons on their copies of Monsters. I was less interested in getting that one and didn't feel like haggling with price matches and whatnot, so I just got Up for $10 at Target. Might try again later in the week to see if they've got Monsters back in to try to get crazy deals.

Brian T
11-11-09, 11:37 AM
Amazon emailed an offer to purchasers of the UP Blu-Ray this morning. It's a standalone code for $10 off one of the Disney Blu-Ray's from the existing promotion ("Buy UP + One of These Get $10 off etc. etc."). Previously, this was only valid if you bought UP and one of those titles at the same time, but now it applies to the individual disc of your choice, so for those who didn't want to risk losing the amazing prices they squeezed out of Amazon (without all the driving around and running through stores and haggling), this is a nice little bonus. Someone started a thread about it in this forum, but it doesn't seem to be getting much attention because of the vague thread title. Anyways, keep an eye on your emails. ;)

Incidentally, this is NOT the DISNEYBD code. From what I've read, it's a different, longer code that's specific to the email each person receives.

starman9000
11-11-09, 12:00 PM
Decided to go really simple by just getting Up at Best Buy.

$23.99 was adjusted to $19.99 to reflect the BestBuy.com price. $19.99 - $10 manufacturer coupon = $9.99.

Thanks for the heads-up on the pricing and coupons, guys! :up:

I did this as well. (Had no idea about this deal until today). So, I got Up on DVD for myself for $10 and can give the Blu to the In-Laws so my kids can watch it there too. Thanks all!

Schloob1
11-11-09, 12:02 PM
Well my 1st attempt last night at using BrentL's e-mail to Amazon got shot down. The kicker though is was obviously a form letter or the person did not even bother reading it. The reply back was that in order to use the code DISNEYBD you would need to have a seperate Disney dvd from this list which has nothing to do of course with the $10 off Up coupon. The real funny thing is I already used the DISNEYBD code for Snow White in my order :)

BuckNaked2k
11-11-09, 12:25 PM
Yea, they've gone completely silent on me at Amazon despite several e-mails. There mist be a note for "no further responses this customer".

I'm done.

doctaheath78
11-11-09, 01:01 PM
Tried to return the pre order today at Best Buy and was asked where the Steelbooks were I said they were at home and I was told they will not issue a refund WITHOUT the Steelbook.

Anyone else run into this problem?

COACH2369
11-11-09, 01:08 PM
It looks like you can't get both $10.00 off coupons at Target unless you find a cashier that overrides the system. When I went back to the Target and asked the manager for the slipcover so I could get another $10 off he told me that the system wouldn't allow both coupons...because he had tried it himself...lol

obidawsn
11-11-09, 01:12 PM
It looks like you can't get both $10.00 off coupons at Target unless you find a cashier that overrides the system. When I went back to the Target and asked the manager for the slipcover so I could get another $10 off he told me that the system wouldn't allow both coupons...because he had tried it himself...lol

They do allow both coupons. If you read through this thread, you'll see people who have used both even on top of using the $8 MI and $10 Up coupon. If you use all 4 coupons, it's been YMMV, but it's doable. But using the $10 Target coupon and the $10 peelie will easily work. You should also be able to use the $10 Up printable coupon as well with no problems. It's just adding the 4th coupon (which should be the $8 MI coupon if you want to go in order of value) has been iffy.

kstublen
11-11-09, 01:23 PM
It more or less worked at Best Buy today. For whatever reason, the guy adjusted Up to $19.99 to have it reflect the online price, then deducted a $1.00 for the $18.99 + $23.99 deal, then price modified Monsters, Inc. to $21.99. I only ended up paying $2.00 more than anticipated and I didn't feel like getting into a dispute over $2.00 and run the risk of putting him a mood to where he might read the coupon and refuse to honour it.

That being said, Best Buy's computer system makes absolutely no sense. The ad says you buy Up for $23.99 and then you get Monsters, Inc. for $18.99. Why, when you purchase both, it would make Up $18.99 and Monsters, Inc. $23.99 is beyond me. It makes no sense and is totally contrary to the ad which states save $10 on Monsters, Inc. not save $5 on each.

Still, I got them both for about what I anticipated paying, so I can't complain too much.

Canis Firebrand
11-11-09, 01:28 PM
I just had a good experience at Target.

I printed off the $10 off Up and Monsters Inc when purchased together coupon from Targets website.
I printed off the $10 off Up Blu-Ray
I printed off the $8 off Monsters Inc Blu-Ray.

Had the Best Buy ad.

Target had the 4 disc Blu-ray Up for $19.99
They price-matched Monsters Inc 4 disc Blu-Ray for $18.99(Best Buy's price)
The cashier took all three coupons.

I paid a little less then $13(included tax) for Up and Monsters Inc Blu-Ray.

All 3 coupons scanned in with no problems. The only manual override the cashier had to do was to adjust the price of Monsters Inc from $26.99(Target's price) to $18.99(Best Buy's price)

Not a bad deal at all.

Thanks to the OP and others who posted links to coupons and presented the best price-matching deals.

lordzeppelin
11-11-09, 01:50 PM
I just had a good experience at Target.

I printed off the $10 off Up and Monsters Inc when purchased together coupon from Targets website.
I printed off the $10 off Up Blu-Ray
I printed off the $8 off Monsters Inc Blu-Ray.

Had the Best Buy ad.

Target had the 4 disc Blu-ray Up for $19.99
They price-matched Monsters Inc 4 disc Blu-Ray for $18.99(Best Buy's price)
The cashier took all three coupons.

I paid a little less then $13(included tax) for Up and Monsters Inc Blu-Ray.

All 3 coupons scanned in with no problems. The only manual override the cashier had to do was to adjust the price of Monsters Inc from $26.99(Target's price) to $18.99(Best Buy's price)

Not a bad deal at all.

Thanks to the OP and others who posted links to coupons and presented the best price-matching deals.

i was able to get pretty much the same deal @ BB. They actually did "match" the $10 off Target coupon in addition to their own deal and the manufacturer's coupons. Awesome deal...

I should add that for some reason, this was one of the easiest price matches I've ever experienced @BB. I was so thrilled that I grabbed Mad Men S2 blu for $20 as well...

11-11-09, 01:50 PM

Easiest way I've done it is to open and print in another browser.

doctaheath78
11-11-09, 02:11 PM
To follow-up with my previous post. My girlfriend went to her local Best Buy and they told her that in order to get the refund on the deposit she needs to bring back the Steelbooks. I remember reading others post they had no problems retunring the pre-order.

Is this something new or anyone else experiencing this.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

zekeburger1979
11-11-09, 02:17 PM
To follow-up with my previous post. My girlfriend went to her local Best Buy and they told her that in order to get the refund on the deposit she needs to bring back the Steelbooks. I remember reading others post they had no problems retunring the pre-order.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

I didn't have any problem getting a refund on my pre-order while keeping my Steelbook. It sounds like a YMMV. Have her try at a different time or day and see if it's the store or the worker. I'm betting it's the latter.

WMAangel
11-11-09, 02:19 PM

I returned my pre-order receipt at BB yesterday without the steelbook with no problems... :shrug:
Then again, my pre-order receipt did not show the steelbook being rung up on it (as the cashier only rung up the $7.50 BD preorder SKU).... -wink-

komsik
11-11-09, 02:21 PM
What did any of you have to do to price match the BestBuy website? Just head over to CS? Did you need a printout of the website?

Btw got an feedback email response from amazon and it sounded like they actually read my response but still didn't budge on any of the coupons.

starman9000
11-11-09, 02:56 PM
What did any of you have to do to price match the BestBuy website? Just head over to CS? Did you need a printout of the website?

Btw got an feedback email response from amazon and it sounded like they actually read my response but still didn't budge on any of the coupons.

CS took care of it for me, they can look it up in their system (doesn't hurt to bring a copy anyway)

komsik
11-11-09, 03:09 PM
CS took care of it for me, they can look it up in their system (doesn't hurt to bring a copy anyway)

Thanks.

izatright
11-11-09, 03:43 PM
Tried to return the pre order today at Best Buy and was asked where the Steelbooks were I said they were at home and I was told they will not issue a refund WITHOUT the Steelbook.
No, but I preordered it when they didn't list the Steelbook on the receipt, and it was only $7.50 total (as opposed to the more recent price of $15).

People say the retailer loses nothing on manufacturer's coupons (assuming they send them in properly and on-time). That's fine, but correct me if I'm wrong only some stores' systems (like Target and TRU) scan the coupons. Did Best Buy, Fry's, or Walmart successfully scan the mfg coupons? If not, that means they can't check the "unique" codes given out on Disney.com in which case the coupons could be fake/duplicate and the store might NOT get reimbursed. And for the stores whose systems do scan the mfg coupons, does the system connect with Disney.com or some database to verify the coupon hasn't already been used? If not, they're again at risk not getting paid.My opinion is Disney wouldn't allow you to print off two coupons if one of them cannot be used. If they did, then they are being negligent and it'll be up to them to fix that problem in the future. There is no warning about using both coupons, so I assume most, if not all, that print are acceptable and will be honored.

zdzjxh
11-11-09, 03:51 PM
Had better luck at Target today and was able to find one store that had one copy of Monsters Inc BR. Reserved it and picked it up along with UP.

$19.99 (UP BR with journal)
$18.99 (Monsters Inc price matched with BB)
$10 UP coupon
$10 Target coupon
$10 Manufacturer coupon on the box of Monsters Inc.

They refused to take the $8 Monsters Inc from Disney Rewards.

Oh well, very happy leaving the store with two BRs for

$8.98 + 9.75% CA sales tax. Very happy!

thank you.

zdzjxh
11-11-09, 03:57 PM
In my experience, BB's policy, at least in Los Angeles, is very inconsistent. Sometime they take manufacturer coupons. Sometime you get the feeling they refuse the coupon because they think it is fraudulent. So, I personnaly avoid going to BB if coupon and price matching is concern. 9 of 10 times I will leave the store frustrated.

kahuna
11-11-09, 04:15 PM

This is what I did I printed out the BB website prices. UP is $14.99 and Monster's Inc. is $23.99. They tried to sale me UP for $18.99 price that is was ringing up on their cash register. I was not going to back down. So I was able to get both manufacturer's coupons ($18) off of those prices. Although she tried to tell me I could not use both coupons. I told her they were for different movies and not the same movie. She had to call someone to confirm and they told her I was right.

jiggawhat
11-11-09, 04:26 PM
Well no dice with Amazon on the $10 coupon but I can't complain, got a fairly good deal.

AmityBoatTours
11-11-09, 04:30 PM
I wish i was kiding, notice i posted that this had happened to me (left off the store location though) a few posts above what he wrote.

The glendale, North hollywood, West Hollywood, and La cienga targets did not have it in stock, i had gotten the info that the santa fe springs location did have so i called to verify, and it was confirmed and the person took my name and said i need to see the supervisor (terry) that it would be at electronics counter .You're kidding right? Because If I had driven from Hollywood all the way to Santa Fe Springs after all those assurances, and then left empty handed I'm pretty sure I'd be leaving Target in handcuffs. BTW, the first sales person I delt with was John and the supervisor's name was either Mark or Mike. There was no name on the Blu Rays and they were sitting under a pretty tall stack of Call Of Duty 4 video games.

On the bright side at least you didn't have to deal with any traffic at that time of night, I drove from Hollywood Way in Burbank at/near the 134/101 freeways to the 605 freeway in under 20 minutes. If I were you I would check the Burbank Target today/this morning. I was told they were expecting more M-Inc. and they already had an end cap display totally filled with Up Blu Rays.

Why didn't you go to the North Hollywood Target they had a crap load of both? That's the less desirable Target, let's just say that the clientele that shop there aren't really buying much in the way of Blu Ray discs.

micmac36
11-11-09, 05:32 PM
yeah, i went to the glendale target last night, only had 2 copies of up and no copies of monsters inc. i bought up anyway with the $10 off, and will try the burbank location tonight or tomorrow to see if i can get both and will return the UP i bought last night.

tlwizard
11-11-09, 06:31 PM

Any help would be appreciated. :)You should easily be able to get a refund, but even then on the back of the steelbook it says if you don't pick up by 11/27/2009, you can bring your receipt to the store for a refund. So if they're not doing it for you, just wait until then.

MisterBill2
11-11-09, 06:40 PM
This is what I did I printed out the BB website prices. UP is $14.99 and Monster's Inc. is $23.99. They tried to sale me UP for $18.99 price that is was ringing up on their cash register. I was not going to back down. So I was able to get both manufacturer's coupons ($18) off of those prices. Although she tried to tell me I could not use both coupons. I told her they were for different movies and not the same movie. She had to call someone to confirm and they told her I was right.HUH? Up in Blu-ray is $19.99, not $14.99. Sounds like you printed the wrong thing from the website and bought the wrong item for the coupon.

BuckNaked2k
11-11-09, 06:53 PM
Any signs of Target restocking these? What is their usual restocking day....Friday?

WMAangel
11-11-09, 06:54 PM
This is what I did I printed out the BB website prices. UP is $14.99 and Monster's Inc. is $23.99. They tried to sale me UP for $18.99 price that is was ringing up on their cash register. I was not going to back down. So I was able to get both manufacturer's coupons ($18) off of those prices. Although she tried to tell me I could not use both coupons. I told her they were for different movies and not the same movie. She had to call someone to confirm and they told her I was right.

HUH? Up in Blu-ray is $19.99, not $14.99. Sounds like you printed the wrong thing from the website and bought the wrong item for the coupon.

He must have printed out his cart from BB's website....even though their ad states "buy Up on BD, and get $10 off the Monsters Inc BD", the wonky way it rings up is it takes $5 off of each title...therefore, in the cart, it drops the price of Up from $19.99 to $14.99 and the price of Monsters Inc from $28.99 to $23.99.....

The Up price in-store is $23.99 (not $19.99 like on their website)...so when the $5 is taken off of it in the combo deal with Monsters Inc, it comes up as $18.99....

sumdeus
11-11-09, 06:55 PM
I contacted Amazon and asked about the $10 "Up" coupon but was denied in under 5 minutes! As stated in a previous post, though, I was able to get every other coupon applied, so not too bad in the end :)

Last update from me...I gave Amazon Customer Service one more try and instead of the Promotions department that denied me the first time on the $10 "Up" coupon I tried the Returns/Refunds department. They were kind enough to give me the $10 off :) So, in the end I was able to get every discount and coupon mentioned here!!! Unbelievable deal and an amazing accomplishment of DVDTalk members working together to achieve this.

moviewizguy
11-11-09, 07:01 PM
I'm disappointed. I went to Target and Monster's, Inc. was all gone. They said that it's out of stock everywhere in the Houston area so I decided to go to Fry's and when I first walk in there, there were signs that said customers couldn't use the Disney coupons. Good thing I didn't cancel my Amazon order.

nightw1ng
11-11-09, 07:18 PM
so the Monsters, Inc. blu-ray somehow sold out in all the Target's in the Chicagoland area. either they were very popular or our area got screwed over by distribution. i hope they restock this before the week's over.

Moopher
11-11-09, 07:42 PM
Last update from me...I gave Amazon Customer Service one more try and instead of the Promotions department that denied me the first time on the $10 "Up" coupon I tried the Returns/Refunds department. They were kind enough to give me the $10 off :) So, in the end I was able to get every discount and coupon mentioned here!!! Unbelievable deal and an amazing accomplishment of DVDTalk members working together to achieve this.

Very nice! I just started to email the Refunds/Returns Department after the first one and I had nothing but Luck with it.

Manzana
11-11-09, 07:51 PM
It's interesting that Monsters Inc. BR is sold out everywhere according to various posts. It's a pretty safe guess it's all due to this multi-coupon combo deal with Up BR, but since people are still finding Up it means Disney did not send out enough MI's. Since MI already exists on SD DVD, they might have thought fewer people would buy it. They would've been right except for all the discounts.

Who wants to guess if Up and/or MI will hit all-time record BR sales due to this? I bet Disney probably never guessed so many people would use the $10 off coupons, so they might be a bit upset when they discover virtually every Up and MI sold is going to be costing them reimbursements of $10 each. So when everyone says "WOW... look at the incredible BR sales", I wonder if they'll realize that was due to most customers paying $6-$7 each.

I noticed I have a $5 off 2 Disney Blu-Rays Target coupon. It's a moot point since I got mine from Amazon and all Targets are out of stock, but it would've been fun to see someone try to stack that $5 off coupon on top of everything else.

kahuna
11-11-09, 07:52 PM
He must have printed out his cart from BB's website....even though their ad states "buy Up on BD, and get $10 off the Monsters Inc BD", the wonky way it rings up is it takes $5 off of each title...therefore, in the cart, it drops the price of Up from $19.99 to $14.99 and the price of Monsters Inc from $28.99 to $23.99.....

The Up price in-store is $23.99 (not $19.99 like on their website)...so when the $5 is taken off of it in the combo deal with Monsters Inc, it comes up as $18.99....

That's exactly what I did. I printed out what was in my cart at BB website.

BuckNaked2k
11-11-09, 08:02 PM
It's interesting that Monsters Inc. BR is sold out everywhere according to various posts. It's a pretty safe guess it's all due to this multi-coupon combo deal with Up BR, but since people are still finding Up it means Disney did not send out enough MI's. Since MI already exists on SD DVD, they might have thought fewer people would buy it. They would've been right except for all the discounts.

Who wants to guess if Up and/or MI will hit all-time record BR sales due to this? I bet Disney probably never guessed so many people would use the $10 off coupons, so they might be a bit upset when they discover virtually every Up and MI sold is going to be costing them reimbursements of $10 each. So when everyone says "WOW... look at the incredible BR sales", I wonder if they'll realize that was due to most customers paying $6-$7 each.I'm surprised too. Every target in my area lists MI as "Out of Stock". One has "Limited Availability", but it's too far from me.

Maybe the fact that the 4-disc Blu set includes the SD and digital copy, many non-HD folks bought it instead, considering all the discounts....

bwsmom
11-11-09, 08:04 PM

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't just buy MI because of the discounts - MI already looked amazing on regular dvd... can't even imagine how stellar it's going to look on BD. Now I just have to find the time to watch it....

nightw1ng
11-11-09, 08:09 PM
instead of Monsers, Inc selling out everywhere, i'm thinking target got shorted on their supply and many stores didn't even get them. i've seen a bunch of them in best buy, walmart, etc, so i don't think it's in huge demand. considering monsters, inc is both a double dip and a pretty old movie, i doubt many people even know about the blu-ray release. the online coupons or the $10 on pack coupon really wouldn't be a factor in it not being in stock in ALL the target's in my area on the very first day it comes out (and there are dozens around chicago).

kstublen
11-11-09, 08:27 PM
My Best Buy had at least 50 copies on the shelf today of Monsters, Inc.

b2net
11-11-09, 08:30 PM
I tried Promotions dept and Refunds dept... and no luck on the UP $10 coupon.. and also have not received the unique $10 off code which is similar to DISNEYBD... so I wonder if somehow I sent too many emails or this stuff is really random....

abintra
11-11-09, 08:44 PM
I tried Promotions dept and Refunds dept... and no luck on the UP $10 coupon.. and also have not received the unique $10 off code which is similar to DISNEYBD... so I wonder if somehow I sent too many emails or this stuff is really random....

Haven't been following this massive thread, or the various others, but I didn't receive any of the extra offers (no idea which were legit or not). Pre-ordered at $37.48 for both. Never sent an email about the order. Today I received two emails from Amazon letting me know my pre-order dropped by $4.50 for a total of $32.98. Checking my account, paid via GC, the $4.50 has not been credited back.

I see a mention on a couple of sites about the $10 offer on another Disney BD from a select list. Haven't received that though. I now see that Amazon is selling both Up and Monsters Inc. for $27.98, http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000451521_grlink_2?ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000451521 promo code UPBLURAY, so this whole pre-order from Amazon didn't work out very well. Still have no idea what I qualified for or not (other than $4.50 seems like it should have been refunded back by now).

11-11-09, 08:55 PM
I hope nobody doesn't mind if I don't do anymore updates to the pricing since everyone's getting different results with coupons when to get to stores.

Unless of course there's something really obvious I'm missing.

bwsmom
11-11-09, 08:57 PM
I hope nobody doesn't mind if I don't do anymore updates to the pricing since everyone's getting different results with coupons when to get to stores.

Unless of course there's something really obvious I'm missing.

You've done quite well, sir. I don't think anyone would pitch a fit if you stood down at this point. Thanks again!!

gatorclaws
11-11-09, 09:43 PM
I asked about their new "UPBLURAY" coupon and they replied with the general email saying they don't accept Disney promotions. I guess they didn't even bother to read what I wrote.

moviewizguy
11-11-09, 10:22 PM
I see a mention on a couple of sites about the $10 offer on another Disney BD from a select list. Haven't received that though. I now see that Amazon is selling both Up and Monsters Inc. for $27.98, http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000451521_grlink_2?ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000451521 promo code UPBLURAY, so this whole pre-order from Amazon didn't work out very well. Still have no idea what I qualified for or not (other than $4.50 seems like it should have been refunded back by now).
Wait. Wait. So buying it today would have cost cheaper than pre-ordering the movies?! That offer takes off $15 from the two movies than the $10 from the pre-orders! Do you think I can tell them about it?

My Other Self
11-12-09, 01:10 AM
Bah. I just came up fruitless with nothing but a fucking hassle from two Targets. Best Buy didn't have any MI so I didn't do anything.

Target kept giving me problems. The one punk kid I talked to kept insisting that the Target coupon I had was fake (even though it scanned) saying a woman earlier had the exact same coupon but it was just for $10 off Up and not both Up and MI (his deal would've been better but then when I showed him the Disney coupon he said he coudln't do both). I tried to explain the difference between a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon but the kid was dumber than a box of rocks. He was the supervisor so no dice.

It's not worth the hassle since I got turned down at another store, too. I think the Amazon deal is pretty amazing now as it is so I may do that or just get Up for $10 at BB.

JoeySeven
11-12-09, 01:18 AM
Has this been posted?Come out to A little over $12 a blu.
Is this a good deal?

amazon UP + monsters inc + cars blu ray $36.50 FSSS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=br_lf_m_1000451521_grlink_2?tag=slickdeals&ie=UTF8&plgroup=2&docId=1000451521

amazon UP + monsters inc + cars blu ray $36.50 FSSS
Amazon [amazon.com] has a new deal for UP + Monsters Inc + cars blu ray for $36.50

add all three to the cart and use code PIXARBLU to get $26 off

i know there have been better deals but this seems to be decent for all 3 movies together

also you can add cars blu ray gift set instead of regular version for $7 more

use code UPBLURAY to get $15 off of Up & monsters inc together

AmityBoatTours
11-12-09, 01:33 AM
finally got up and monsters inc from target, the santa fe springs target electronics dept that was holding it for me last night but apparently sold it to another forum memember on here, (who says he was able to convince the electronics person to sell him the one that was being held behind the counter, which was actually being held forfor me) the electronics supervisor called me today and told me they got 4 in stock over night and promised me it would be there with my name locked up for when i got out of work. I get there they ring it up dont want to give me the price match from best buy cause bestbuys is considered a special offer. And showed me a memo from target corperation saying that the bestbuy monsters inc price is not to be honored via price matching. (so just be ware most likely now its going to be luck of the draw if you get the price match)

continueing on heonly wanted to ring up the target coupon and 1 manufactures coupon was going to
make me choose what one. I kept telling him he was wrong and that was not the policy, that there policy was one manufactures coupon per item not per transaction like he said.

i kept saying show me where on your policy it says per transaction. "its in the employee book" "well show it to me " i kept saying. he wouldnt and continued about ten mins of this back and fourth and him telling me to call target coustmer service and me wanting him to show me the policy for the 1 coupon per transaction bs.

when i noticed on the register the sign saying "MAUFACTURES COUPONS! we want you to always save and get the best price when you shop with us, thats why we will accept both 1 manufactures coupon and 1 target store coupon per ITEM"

he was so inflamed when i pointed it out and proved him wrong that when he wrang it up i could have swore he called me a mother F...er, needless to say he rang up the coupons including the one the monsters inc box.

so target ended up costing me 10.71 after tax and got the up journal as well. I just now also got back from returning the ones i bought at target, it was frustrating getting to this point but i am now satisfied with my purchase price

My Other Self
11-12-09, 01:42 AM
so target ended up costing me 10.71 after tax and got the up journal as well. I just now also got back from returning the ones i bought at target, it was frustrating getting to this point but i am now satisfied with my purchase priceI'm glad you were able to utilize the coupons. Both Targets I went to were blowing smoke in terms of what they can and cannot honor.. I'm sure there is some sort of policy, but they kept making things up as they went along in their spiels and then contradicted themselves. I was still very polite even though I wanted to tell the one guy to shove the BD up his ass, but I guess it's just the luck of the draw now.

AmityBoatTours
11-12-09, 01:54 AM
look for the sign on the registers, they alernate from register to register with either price matching or coupons. they are suppose to accept the up coupon the monsters coupon and the target coupon. sometimes you just have to stand your ground especially when you see they can tell you arent buying there bs excuses. like i said the price match i didnt push to much cause they did have that corperate store memo and he was right on that one the best buy price is a promotion. if you did buy it go back to either that store or another target and if you ask at coustmer service they should be able to discount your reciept for there value. I'm glad you were able to utilize the coupons. Both Targets I went to were blowing smoke in terms of what they can and cannot honor.. I'm sure there is some sort of policy, but they kept making things up as they went along in their spiels and then contradicted themselves. I was still very polite even though I wanted to tell the one guy to shove the BD up his ass, but I guess it's just the luck of the draw now.

hal9000
11-12-09, 02:08 AM
finally got up and monsters inc from target, the santa fe springs target electronics dept that was holding it for me last night but apparently sold it to another forum memember on here, (who says he was able to convince the electronics person to sell him the one that was being held behind the counter, which was actually being held forfor me)

:wave: That would be me!

Sorry you had to go through so much trouble. I swear there was no name on those Blu Rays last night. I was there when the lady in the electronics section changed shifts with the guy that ended up selling me your copies. She never said anything to the guy about anything being held for a costumer. She was even there when I asked and pointed to the Up and Monsters Blu Rays, she still said nothing.

At least you got the deal, enjoy the discs they look beautiful.

I really think the chances of any coupon stacking at Target in the future will be dead because of this fiasco. It already sounds like you had to really fight to get the deal, meaning corporate came down on the managers. I'm surprised it took the entire day for them to catch on, Then again, last night the supervisor who rang me up hadn't seen that many coupons work like that. Maybe he was also part of that shift change.

AmityBoatTours
11-12-09, 02:41 AM
No worries, It was a bit agravating at the time but really i think thats the employees fault, from what you said it sounds like the person i talked to didnt bother to write my name on it when they placed it back there. but it did work out in the end so all is well. we both got it so thats good.:wave: That would be me!

Sorry you had to go through so much trouble. I swear there was no name on those Blu Rays last night. I was there when the lady in the electronics section changed shifts with the guy that ended up selling me your copies. She never said anything to the guy about anything being held for a costumer. She was even there when I asked and pointed to the Up and Monsters Blu Rays, she still said nothing.

At least you got the deal, enjoy the discs they look beautiful.

I really think the chances of any coupon stacking at Target in the future will be dead because of this fiasco. It already sounds like you had to really fight to get the deal, meaning corporate came down on the managers. I'm surprised it took the entire day for them to catch on, Then again, last night the supervisor who rang me up hadn't seen that many coupons work like that. Maybe he was also part of that shift change.

izatright
11-12-09, 02:42 AM
I really think the chances of any coupon stacking at Target in the future will be dead because of this fiasco. .
I don't think so. Target has a history of 1 manufacturer coupon and 1 target coupon per item. The problem is these were GOOD coupons and people thought you HAD to be cheating, robbing or stealing because of how good they were. So it was a psychological issue that employees had to get over or ignore in order to accept the facts as they were.

AmityBoatTours
11-12-09, 02:47 AM
what you say makes sense. though i do think a large amount of it is that there employees arent properly trained when it comes to what to do when accepting coupons, especially when they scan correctly and deduct like they should.I don't think so. Target has a history of 1 manufacturer coupon and 1 target coupon per item. The problem is these were GOOD coupons and people thought you HAD to be cheating, robbing or stealing because of how good they were. So it was a psychological issue that employees had to get over or ignore in order to accept the facts as they were.

b2net
11-12-09, 04:27 AM
for some reason they keep sending me denial emails.. which I find strange.. I received more denial emails about the $10 off UP than I sent to them requesting... I finally sent them a note saying I understood and they could stop telling me that I didn't qualify... Maybe the emails will stop... It is like they keep beating it into me... weird...

DJariya
11-12-09, 06:16 AM
Okay, I have been sifting through this monstrosity of a thread and honestly I'm very hesitant to try the coupon stacking that you alot of you have been doing.

I have both coupons ($10 off Up and $8 off Monsters Inc) and it clearly says at the bottom of them that they may not be used in conjunction with any other offers. Everytime I visit a BB or Target, the cashier always reads the coupon thoroughly from my experiences. So, I'm actually surprised to see so many of you getting cashiers that are allowing coupon stacking when they shouldn't be doing it in the 1st place.

To make my life alot easier and not have to argue with cashiers/price matching and coupon stacking, I was thinking about doing the following:

Going to Best Buy:
Buy Up for $23.99 -$10 off coupon = $13.99 before tax

Make a 2nd trip to Target:
Buy Monsters Inc for $26.99 - $8 off coupon= $18.99 before tax

Grand Total= $32.98 before tax. IMO, that seems like a pretty good deal considering the Blu-Rays are about $40 each MSRP.

ozzfan84
11-12-09, 06:20 AM
That's hilarious that amazon has a better deal on these one day after they come out to avoid having to give it to people who preordered. They really dropped the ball with this one, unless you happened to luck out with CS.

crow121
11-12-09, 08:54 AM
Amazon refunded me $6 for the PIXARBLU code. Not bad, $32 for 3 movies.

Tried the Target price match, but MI was on raincheck and they wouldn't price match it anyway. Oh well.

melih69
11-12-09, 09:05 AM
Went to Target yesterday and they did not have MI so I just grabbed UP and went to checkout. I had both $10 man. coupon for UP and $10 Target coupon for both movies. I hand the UP and both coupons and I was about the ask if they have MI in stock but she just scanned both coupons and I was out to door.
TOTAL: $ 0.96 :) Deal of the century.

Snowmaker
11-12-09, 09:10 AM
Went to Target yesterday and they did not have MI so I just grabbed UP and went to checkout. I had both $10 man. coupon for UP and $10 Target coupon for both movies. I hand the UP and both coupons and I was about the ask if they have MI in stock but she just scanned both coupons and I was out to door.
TOTAL: $ 0.96 :) Deal of the century.

Damn. I should try that. It'd make a great Christmas present.

melih69
11-12-09, 09:11 AM
Bah. I just came up fruitless with nothing but a fucking hassle from two Targets. Best Buy didn't have any MI so I didn't do anything.

Target kept giving me problems. The one punk kid I talked to kept insisting that the Target coupon I had was fake (even though it scanned) saying a woman earlier had the exact same coupon but it was just for $10 off Up and not both Up and MI (his deal would've been better but then when I showed him the Disney coupon he said he coudln't do both). I tried to explain the difference between a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon but the kid was dumber than a box of rocks. He was the supervisor so no dice.

It's not worth the hassle since I got turned down at another store, too. I think the Amazon deal is pretty amazing now as it is so I may do that or just get Up for $10 at BB.

Now that i read your post I am guessing some people, both employees and customers, do not realize that the Target coupon is for both movies UP and MI since there is only UP pic. on the coupon. I bet that's how i got a great deal on UP since cashier did not pay attention the coupon at all.

Canis Firebrand
11-12-09, 09:13 AM
That is good.

I'm surprised that the Target coupon went through. I would have thought the register would catch that both movies weren't in the transaction.

When I got them yesterday, my MI had another $10 off coupon. But, I didn't want to try and chance that. If I had, and that went though, both movies would have been had for about $3 after tax. Some people reported in this thread that they had troubles with that coupon, so I did not try. I wonder if I took my receipt and the coupon back to customer service, if they would apply it and refund the difference? Probably too much hassle. That, and I am happy with $13ish for both movies.

ScissorPuppy
11-12-09, 09:33 AM
Crazy deal at Best Buy for me.

A family member bought Monsters Inc at target, the cover had the sticker for an extra 10 dollars off.
I thought, what the hell, let's give it a try...

Went into best buy and PM'd there own website. The cashier had to play around with it for a a little bit. They ended up Pming each item 19.99 for UP and then 18.99 for Monsters Inc.

So the total at this point is 38.99
- 7.50 UP preorder ( I am counting this, since I got the steelbook. I also used the $15 giftcard from Snow white/Pinocchio to buy this. So no cash out of pocket for me)
- 10 Dollars off Up Coupon
- 8 Dollars off Monsters Inc. Coupon
- 10 Dollars off Monsters/UP Coupon (They had to get a manager to override the comp to use this for some reason.)
- 5 Bucks reward zone certificate

The reward zone covered some tax w/ a few bucks off the GF for the rest and a soda. Both movies out the door practically FREE! With 6 or so bucks still left on my Giftcard! lol.

Doc Moonlight
11-12-09, 10:41 AM
As a follow-up on my problems with the coupon printer: I contacted the coupon company via the help link on their website and they sent me a link that printed a coupon.

NCC1701E
11-12-09, 11:41 AM
Quick question (I don't have time to read all 28 pages of this thread right now!):

Will Best Buy accept the Target $10 off Up/MI coupon? If so, using that plus the $10 and $8 manufacturer coupons would be cheapest for me at $20.98 before tax.

Thanks in advance...

kahuna
11-12-09, 11:45 AM
That's hilarious that amazon has a better deal on these one day after they come out to avoid having to give it to people who preordered. They really dropped the ball with this one, unless you happened to luck out with CS.

Exactly, since I was one of the few people who could not get Amazon.com to apply any of the other promo codes that others were able to.

jbnugent
11-12-09, 11:52 AM
I have to share...

I got both Up, Monsters, Inc. AND $1.43 from target.

Up: 19.99
Monsters, Inc.: 26.99
total after tax: 49.57
Target Coupon: -10
Disney Up Coupon: -10
Disney MI Coupon: -8
Disney On-Package Coupon: -10
Left-over Target gift card from Beatles deal: -5
Total after coupons & gift card: 6.57
Best Buy MI price match: -8
Total: -1.43

It feels wrong but it also feels so right.

Jimmy

Sweet Baby James
11-12-09, 11:57 AM
^

Good work. However, your $5 gift card shouldn't factor into your final price. You could have used that on anything in the store. Too bad Florida taxes you on the full amount. I was only taxed on the 98 cents that I paid for the combo.

sotra
11-12-09, 12:00 PM
Well, sent Amazon one last email regarding the $10 Up coupon, but they are already paying me $3.03 for Up, Family Guy Vol. 7 and MI :)

Sweet Baby James
11-12-09, 12:02 PM
Well, sent Amazon one last email regarding the $10 Up coupon, but they are already paying me $3.03 for Up, Family Guy Vol. 7 and MI :)

Bookmark this post so that you'll know why Amazon banned you sometime in the future.-wink-

flix1
11-12-09, 12:09 PM
Wait. Wait. So buying it today would have cost cheaper than pre-ordering the movies?! That offer takes off $15 from the two movies than the $10 from the pre-orders! Do you think I can tell them about it?
Yep, looks like that is currently the case.

As I mentioned before, NEVER PREORDER from Amazon.com. I pre-ordered from Amazon, thinking I was getting a pretty good deal. It ended up being the worst of all of the deals available.

So, far I have had NO luck getting Amazon to apply ANY coupons.

jbnugent
11-12-09, 12:20 PM
^

Good work. However, your $5 gift card shouldn't factor into your final price. You could have used that on anything in the store. Too bad Florida taxes you on the full amount. I was only taxed on the 98 cents that I paid for the combo.

True. Recalculated final price without factoring in the $5 gift card- $3.57...
At $1.785 per title it still kinda feels like stealing!

Jimmy

darkdaze73
11-12-09, 12:54 PM
I don't think so. Target has a history of 1 manufacturer coupon and 1 target coupon per item. The problem is these were GOOD coupons and people thought you HAD to be cheating, robbing or stealing because of how good they were. So it was a psychological issue that employees had to get over or ignore in order to accept the facts as they were.

That right there. I purchased Up & Snow White at WM and both times the cashier looked somewhat shocked at the amount of the coupon. Both times they were like "Wow, where did this coupon come from?".

As far as my issue from the other day with Up, I returned it to CS and the lady at the desk exchanged w/o any questions. Watched most of the movie last night, looked great.

doctaheath78
11-12-09, 01:23 PM
True. Recalculated final price without factoring in the $5 gift card- $3.57...
At $1.785 per title it still kinda feels like stealing!

Jimmy

Still doesn't beat my $2.70 but close. ;)

polarize
11-12-09, 01:35 PM
I preordered two copies of Up & Monsters, Inc from Amazon, they charged me $32.98 for each pair, which with the UPBLURAY coupon anyone else can now get for $27.98 for the pair.... complained to Amazon through the Refunds link and they credited me back $15 so I got back $7.50 for each pair (so it's down to $25.48 for the pair.

$12.75 a disc I thought was OK, but now I see it's nowhere as good as everyone using the coupon-fu to get these other deals!

I agree with the previous posters, won't be pre-ordering from Amazon ever again. I have Star Trek and Hangover B/R pre-orders in the pipe, but may wind up canceling them.

kahuna
11-12-09, 01:54 PM
I preordered two copies of Up & Monsters, Inc from Amazon, they charged me $32.98 for each pair, which with the UPBLURAY coupon anyone else can now get for $27.98 for the pair.... complained to Amazon through the Refunds link and they credited me back $15 so I got back $7.50 for each pair (so it's down to $25.48 for the pair.

$12.75 a disc I thought was OK, but now I see it's nowhere as good as everyone using the coupon-fu to get these other deals!

I agree with the previous posters, won't be pre-ordering from Amazon ever again. I have Star Trek and Hangover B/R pre-orders in the pipe, but may wind up canceling them.

I guess I should of complain also. I just got shot down once again. I guess it does not matter that I have made over 560 orders with them since 1998. I will think twice about pre-ordering any Disney/Pixar blu-rays from Amazon.com from now on.

Greetings from Amazon.com.

I'm sorry that you were not able to apply this promotional discount to your
order before it entered the shipping process. Unfortunately, I'm unable to apply special discounts to items once the order is complete. I'm sorry if this was unclear at the time you placed your order.

If you decide you'd like to return your order given the circumstances, I
understand. Visit our website to learn more about our returns policy:

I've checked, and the promotion you referenced is still available on our
website. If you'd still like to take advantage of this promotion, you can place
a new order and refuse order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx when it arrives for a full
refund.

The restrictions for this promotion are on our website here:

These offers can't be combined with any other promotional offers. Additional
restrictions apply; see terms and conditions.
• Order Up on DVD and buy any other Pixar DVD from our list below and save $7.50 off your total purchase at checkout. The discount will be reflected on the final order check out page; no promotional code is required.

• Order the Up Blu-ray/DVD combo pack and buy any other Pixar Blu-ray disc from our list and save $15 off your total purchase at checkout. To receive the $15 discount, enter the promo code UPBLURAY at checkout. Please note that this is offer can’t be combine with the PIXARBLU offer.

• Save big when you order all three - Buy the Up Blu-ray/DVD combo pack and both Monsters, Inc and Cars on Blu-ray (as shown on the list below) and save $26 off your total purchase at checkout. To receive the $26 discount, enter the promo code PIXARBLU at checkout. Please note that this offer can’t be combined with the UPBLURAY offer.

Thanks again for shopping at Amazon.com.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

izatright
11-12-09, 02:04 PM
Okay, since I got my blu-ray order from Amazon (some of which I was almost tempted to return just to prove a point) I thought I'd post that too:

$19.99 - Up
$22.99 - Monsters Inc.
$18.99 - Pinocchio
$19.99 - Sleeping Beauty
-$10 - Best Value Savings
-$10 - DisneyBD
-$08 - Promotion (Monster's Inc coupon)
-$20 - Promotion (Snow White Thanks)
---------
$33.96 - Total shipped

Or $8.49 each.

AmityBoatTours
11-12-09, 02:35 PM
If you are going to bestbuy then use the 10 off up and the 8 off monsters inc coupon. monsters inc and up are two seperate ITEMS and your using one coupon per ITEM then it will only cost you 23 and some change.

plus keep in mind your chances of finding Monsters inc at target right now are not that high.

or if you go to target and they have monsters inc keep in mind, they have signs posted saying
"we accept one target store coupon and 1 manufactures coupon per ITEM" that is there posted policy, even if they try to argue it with you,(as one tried with me) they have to accpet the target buy up and MI get 10.00 off and the up 10.00 off and the 8 off for MI
again Monsters inc and Up are two seperate items!!!
Okay, I have been sifting through this monstrosity of a thread and honestly I'm very hesitant to try the coupon stacking that you alot of you have been doing.

I have both coupons ($10 off Up and $8 off Monsters Inc) and it clearly says at the bottom of them that they may not be used in conjunction with any other offers. Everytime I visit a BB or Target, the cashier always reads the coupon thoroughly from my experiences. So, I'm actually surprised to see so many of you getting cashiers that are allowing coupon stacking when they shouldn't be doing it in the 1st place.

To make my life alot easier and not have to argue with cashiers/price matching and coupon stacking, I was thinking about doing the following:

Going to Best Buy:
Buy Up for $23.99 -$10 off coupon = $13.99 before tax

Make a 2nd trip to Target:
Buy Monsters Inc for $26.99 - $8 off coupon= $18.99 before tax

Grand Total= $32.98 before tax. IMO, that seems like a pretty good deal considering the Blu-Rays are about $40 each MSRP.

NCC1701E
11-12-09, 03:41 PM
Quick question (I don't have time to read all 28 pages of this thread right now!):

Will Best Buy accept the Target $10 off Up/MI coupon? If so, using that plus the $10 and $8 manufacturer coupons would be cheapest for me at $20.98 before tax.

Thanks in advance...

Nevermind....The Best Buy website has the buy MI and Up and get $10 off, so the local store said they would price match their website and accept the $18 in manufacturer coupons as well. I doubt they would let me slip the Target $10 coupon in there as well....hmmm..... ;)

RM811
11-12-09, 03:44 PM
If you are going to bestbuy then use the 10 off up and the 8 off monsters inc coupon. monsters inc and up are two seperate ITEMS and your using one coupon per ITEM then it will only cost you 23 and some change.

plus keep in mind your chances of finding Monsters inc at target right now are not that high.

or if you go to target and they have monsters inc keep in mind, they have signs posted saying
"we accept one target store coupon and 1 manufactures coupon per ITEM" that is there posted policy, even if they try to argue it with you,(as one tried with me) they have to accpet the target buy up and MI get 10.00 off and the up 10.00 off and the 8 off for MI
again Monsters inc and Up are two seperate items!!!

The gal I went to took all four coupons and even said she is not sure if she is supposed to. I asked about it and she did it anyway. Out the door with two blu rays for 0.98 + tax. The deal of the year for me. Do I feel guilty, since I asked about taking all four coupons up front and she said she was not sure and did it anyway then not really.

BuckNaked2k
11-12-09, 05:28 PM
OK, long story: Went to Target #1 which showed MI in stock. Got there, no dice. Tons of Up! Blu-ray, but no MI. Nice guy looked for me, but OOS.

Went to Target #2 on a lark, MI in stock! Holy sheet! BUT, no Up! You've got to be kidding me....

Bought MI and returned it to Target #1 to re-buy as package. While heading back to get Up!, the nice guy from earlier sees me and says.....Hey! we found one for ya....had it sitting there with an Up! ready to go.

Was having a tough time ringing up every coupon, when an off duty manager saunters over....uh-oh. He then starts helping the other guy enter every coupon.....says he did it yesterday for himself! He did say the only way to get all four was to buy another item. No problem, snagged me a Hershey Bar.

Final tally:

$19.99 Up!
$18.99 MI (price-matched BB)
$38.98
-$10.00 Disney Up!
-$8.00 Disney MI
-$10.00 Target website "both" coupon
-$10.00 MI "peel-off" coupon
$0.98 FINAL TOTAL

'course this doesn't include my sales tax and the most delicious Hershey Bar I've ever had! ;)

It's deals like this, and the $6.49 Amazon deal that take some of the sting away from the hundreds of dollars I spent on HD DVDs.

zekeburger1979
11-12-09, 05:29 PM
I just got home from Target paying $.98 plus $1.74 tax for a grand total of $2.72!

The breakdown on my receipt:

Up BD $19.99
MFR Coupon -$10.00 (Target $10 coupon)
Monsters BD $8.99 (The register took $10 off the $18.99 Best Buy PM when I used the $10 coupon that was on the MI slipcover)
MFR Coupon -$8.00 (Disney Monsters Inc. coupon)
MFR Coupon -$10 (Disney Up Coupon)

Subtotal: $0.98
Tax (on $28.98; no idea why it was this amount): $1.74
Total: $2.72!

I paid with cash. Mwah ha ha! :)

abintra
11-12-09, 05:35 PM

As I mentioned before, NEVER PREORDER from Amazon.com. I pre-ordered from Amazon, thinking I was getting a pretty good deal. It ended up being the worst of all of the deals available.

Lesson learned. As much as Amazon has been trying to train people to be the first choice destination of BD, this experience has made sure I won't be pre-ordering from them again. At least, or perhaps especially, for Disney titles in the future. Typical price fluctuations are one thing, to offer lower prices and better promotions after a certain pre-order date or the day after it is released, that is another thing entirely.

moviewizguy
11-12-09, 06:07 PM

Actually, it's no big deal. I emailed them and they refunded me $5 so my order now stands at around $17, which is almost the same if you get Target to take all the coupons and PM with tax.

moviewizguy
11-12-09, 06:11 PM
I guess I should of complain also. I just got shot down once again. I guess it does not matter that I have made over 560 orders with them since 1998. I will think twice about pre-ordering any Disney/Pixar blu-rays from Amazon.com from now on.
Wow. I feel sorry for you because they refunded me the $5 for their new promotion.

idvd420
11-12-09, 06:15 PM
Lesson learned. As much as Amazon has been trying to train people to be the first choice destination of BD, this experience has made sure I won't be pre-ordering from them again. At least, or perhaps especially, for Disney titles in the future. Typical price fluctuations are one thing, to offer lower prices and better promotions after a certain pre-order date or the day after it is released, that is another thing entirely.

I learned the lesson too. After getting shot down by Amazon numerous times, I decided to print out the coupons and try my luck at Target today. I didn't find any Monsters, Inc. with the $10 coupon sticker but the girl at Customer Service did pricematch Best Buy and apply the 3 other coupons. Paid $13.66 including tax. I'll be sending the others back to Amazon. It sucks to have to pay return shipping but it's worth a few bucks to me just on the principle. I had almost decided to just keep the Amazon order and not worry about it but the fact they added a promotion giving $15 off the purchase of the two in the last few days really pissed me off.

AlexOi
11-12-09, 06:40 PM
Anybody in Los Angeles area know which Target still have Monster blu ray? I tried 4 Target stores already. None of them has the movie.

Thx,

AmityBoatTours
11-12-09, 07:18 PM
I dont know about target but i do the bestbuy in westhollywood has atleast one copy from where i returned it last night, after the target in santa fe springs came through for me with my copy that was suppose to be held for me on tuesday, but ended up being sold to someone else.
Anybody in Los Angeles area know which Target still have Monster blu ray? I tried 4 Target stores already. None of them has the movie.

Thx,

beebs
11-12-09, 07:20 PM
I didn't price match Best Buy, but I did get UP! and Monsters Inc. for $8.98 from Target. I had to go to two different Targets, as I could not find both movies at one location.

I used the $8 MFR and $10 Target coupon with Monsters Inc. Total $8.99.
Then, at second store, I used the $10 MFR and $10 off pack coupon on UP!. Total -$0.01.

In each case, when the clerk looked at the coupon for both movies, I told them I couldn't find them at the same Target. They didn't pause and scanned the coupon and they just worked. For the UP! purchase, I had some groceries as well on the order... which I think made it work without any warnings or overrides.

Real trick was finding the freakin' movies. They are going fast.

AmityBoatTours
11-12-09, 07:38 PM
:confused: iam a little confused how, you were able to do this.
did you pay full price at the first store and then have the second store take the coupons of the first reciept? Its very strange. what does it look like on your reciepts? i the lowest ive seen any one have at target using all the coupons and the price match was .98 cents I didn't price match Best Buy, but I did get UP! and Monsters Inc. for $8.98 from Target. I had to go to two different Targets, as I could not find both movies at one location.

I used the $8 MFR and $10 Target coupon with Monsters Inc. Total $8.99.
Then, at second store, I used the $10 MFR and $10 off pack coupon on UP!. Total -$0.01.

In each case, when the clerk looked at the coupon for both movies, I told them I couldn't find them at the same Target. They didn't pause and scanned the coupon and they just worked. For the UP! purchase, I had some groceries as well on the order... which I think made it work without any warnings or overrides.

Real trick was finding the freakin' movies. They are going fast.

DJariya
11-12-09, 07:45 PM
Okay, I kept it really simple and got a pretty good deal IMO without going through major loops.

Trip #1: Went to Best Buy and picked up UP, Price matched Best Buy.com and used the $10 off coupon. They were all cleaned out of Monsters Inc.

$19.99 -$10 off= 9.99+ 9.75% sales tax= $10.96

Trip #2: Went to Target and they had 1 copy of Monsters Inc, Used the $8 off coupon.

$26.99 -$8 off= $18.99 + 9.75% sales tax= $21.62

Grand Total= $32.58 with tax included. That's about $16 per BD. That's not bad at all IMO.

abintra
11-12-09, 07:54 PM
Amazon is now down to $26.98 for both Up and Monsters, Inc.. $6 lower than those suckers that pre-ordered.

BuckNaked2k
11-12-09, 08:07 PM
Wow. I feel sorry for you because they refunded me the $5 for their new promotion.Me too. This, after days of dueling with them on another coupon I did not get.

Final price from Amazon deal: $1.49

godzilla rules
11-12-09, 09:00 PM
I couldn't get Target to pricematch Best Buy, not because of the combo deal, but because Monsters Inc has more than 1 disc in it. I am not kidding.

sotra
11-12-09, 09:15 PM

Thx,

Go to target.com and search for MI and type in your zip code.

sotra
11-12-09, 09:15 PM
I couldn't get Target to pricematch Best Buy, not because of the combo deal, but because Monsters Inc has more than 1 disc in it. I am not kidding.

What? Weirdest excuse I've heard in a long long time.

MBoyd
11-12-09, 09:58 PM
I ordered the Monsters, Up and Cars with the coupon this morning from Amazon. Cars I will keep and the other two will be Christmas gifts sine my $15.98 order shipped. But now, here we go again. I just wrote and asked for a $1 price adjustment on Monsters (as well as .50 each on T4, Star Trek and Inglourious Basterds.) Amazon is really playing fast and loose with these prices. The worst has to be Watchmen ultimate Cut which was down to $30.99 then shot up $9.

shyguy1083
11-12-09, 10:01 PM
interesting to read everyone's experiences! i wouldn't have expected this release to become as big a deal as it has tbh...

ended up just doing the amazon up/monsters/cars deal for a total of $34.47, effectively bringing each to $11.49 which was fine by me. as much as i'd like to have tried to get the amazing deals others have gotten, dealing with the hassle of going to stores and potentially getting denied, plus the money spent on gas and all, i figured the amazon deal was best.

i only hope future disney releases aren't as complicated as this. i much preferred the recent releases that were $19.99 (snow white, bolt, etc) and then had the one simple $10 off coupon, bringing the total to $9.99.

thejester
11-12-09, 10:02 PM
Well, I guess the REALLY great deal @ Target is over - at least in my area of Houston. Local store (as well as a few others in area) got a shipment of MIs in & none of the covers had the extra $10 coupon on it.

Even if I couldn't use it per Targets' 1+1 coupon policy, I would have at least substituted the $10 one for the $8 one - heck, every $ counts. Anyways, got both for $10.91 + tax - less than $12 for both - good deal in my book. Especially for BRs. GS clerk had no problem PMing MI to BB ad - even beat me to it when he saw the ad I had with me. Best experience I've had in a while.

Went across the street to BB to see their MIs & none of them had the coupon on them either. Did all of the stores remove them? Or, were the ones w/the coupon an old/initial batch?

BuckNaked2k
11-12-09, 11:10 PM
Went across the street to BB to see their MIs & none of them had the coupon on them either. Did all of the stores remove them? Or, were the ones w/the coupon an old/initial batch?The guys who rang me up at the Target said they were exclusive to Target. Although I can't confirm this, I didn't see any with stickers at BB or WalMart.

izatright
11-12-09, 11:45 PM
Well, I guess the REALLY great deal @ Target is over - at least in my area of Houston. Local store (as well as a few others in area) got a shipment of MIs in & none of the covers had the extra $10 coupon on it. I went to two Targets on the first day. One store had them WITH the coupons and the other had none. I thought they had removed them until I compared them to each other when I got home (since I had one of each) and noted how it was very difficult removing the coupon without leaving some indication something was there. I really think it's luck of the draw and, perhaps, early stock. My local Target expects to get some soon so we shall have to see what the second and third stock looks like.

flix1
11-13-09, 12:27 AM
Well, my Target must have gotten a new shipment in because they now had Monsters, Inc Blu-rays plus they had UP Blu-rays with the booklet (they didn't get ones with booklets earlier in the week).

Same here ... no coupons on Monsters, Inc. I did notice some residue, so it may have been removed.

Also, Customer Service wouldn't pricematch Best Buys Monster's Inc. Rep must have been through it before, as he knew what the deal was before I opened the ad.

In any case, did use the 2 online Disney coupons and the Target coupon ... $20.50 (including tax) for both.

... now, to see what Amazon will do with my order. Still on the fence about returning it.

Jon2
11-13-09, 12:52 AM

This makes no sense at all... every retailer gets the same multi disc MI set. Pretty much like every other multi-disc set Disney/Pixar has been putting out.

Does Target have a special MI promo package with some collectable, like the UP package?

izatright
11-13-09, 01:22 AM
Does Target have a special MI promo package with some collectable, like the UP package?
Nope. Same cover, slipcase, discs and ISBN.

AlexOi
11-13-09, 02:16 AM
Go to target.com and search for MI and type in your zip code.

I did that and it said a few stores has it but when I went there,no Monster Inc. The UP blu ray now just the moive without the journey. I think I will just go to BB to get both for $21.

hal9000
11-13-09, 03:22 AM
I can confirm that the Target Monsters Inc. slip cover had a coupon on the cover (because I used it in this deal, see my post a few pages back) and that a copy that I am holding in my hands from Amazon does not have the coupon.

beebs
11-13-09, 03:34 AM
i only hope future disney releases aren't as complicated as this. i much preferred the recent releases that were $19.99 (snow white, bolt, etc) and then had the one simple $10 off coupon, bringing the total to $9.99.

You mean like taking the $10 off UP! MFG Coupon to Target and getting it for... ummm, $9.99?

That'sAllFolks
11-13-09, 08:43 AM
Well, my Target must have gotten a new shipment in because they now had Monsters, Inc Blu-rays plus they had UP Blu-rays with the booklet (they didn't get ones with booklets earlier in the week).

Same here ... no coupons on Monsters, Inc. I did notice some residue, so it may have been removed.

Also, Customer Service wouldn't pricematch Best Buys Monster's Inc. Rep must have been through it before, as he knew what the deal was before I opened the ad.

In any case, did use the 2 online Disney coupons and the Target coupon ... $20.50 (including tax) for both.

... now, to see what Amazon will do with my order. Still on the fence about returning it.

Well, I guess the REALLY great deal @ Target is over - at least in my area of Houston. Local store (as well as a few others in area) got a shipment of MIs in & none of the covers had the extra $10 coupon on it.

Even if I couldn't use it per Targets' 1+1 coupon policy, I would have at least substituted the $10 one for the $8 one - heck, every $ counts. Anyways, got both for $10.91 + tax - less than $12 for both - good deal in my book. Especially for BRs. GS clerk had no problem PMing MI to BB ad - even beat me to it when he saw the ad I had with me. Best experience I've had in a while.

Went across the street to BB to see their MIs & none of them had the coupon on them either. Did all of the stores remove them? Or, were the ones w/the coupon an old/initial batch?

I actually saw a copy of the emails from corporate. I guess these were sent AFTER a lot of people were PMing and then using all 4 coupons.

It read as follows (I'm paraphrasing)
1. PM BB and use a $10 manufacture coupon OR
2. buy at regular price and use 3 coupons for a total of $30 off

They really did not get it right. I think they meant you couldn't use the $10 combon Target coupon if you PM'd. And the total for the coupons is 28, not 30. The $10 combo coupon on some of the earlier MI's also scanned as a "duplicate" manufacturer's coupon and was not allowed if you had either the MI or UP coupons. So $18 is better than $10. (Though Target employees can accept the coupon anyway if they want)

I think because the email was confusing (using the term manufacturer's coupon both times and missing the total), the CSR manager did what thejester's did -- both PM's and coupons, which I don't think the emails was allowing. However, I know they did this for me too ;)

The way flix1 got it was probably the way it is supposed to be from corporate. (Also as far as the Amazon pkg -- if you don't want it just refuse shipment -- You will get a full refund if you had super saver shipping)

One more reason it pays to go early in these deals before corporate starts to disallow stuff

RM811
11-13-09, 09:06 AM
The gal that rang me up pulled the Target corporate news email out of the drawer about the price match and coupon policy and still took all four coupons after she said she did not think she was supposed to. Heck of a deal. I think she got flustered with the line forming behind me and just finished it to get me on my way.

MisterBill2
11-13-09, 11:21 AM
For anyone who is a Borders Rewards member and just wants Up, check your email for a $5 bonus rewards sent this morning. They're selling it for $24.99, and you get a $5 Borders gift card with the purchase of Up. This means you pay the same $9.99 you'll pay elsewhere, and you get the free gift card.

They claimed I got the Borders Rewards email because I am one of their best customers, but I can assure you I am not so I suspect that everyone got it.

micmac36
11-13-09, 11:50 AM
was able to get in on this deal at target. they restocked monsters inc (they were sold out tuesday night). but these did not have the $10 off coupon on the cover. i got them both anyway UP and MI for $22, is still a pretty good deal. now i just have to return the UP i purchased for $10 on tuesday.

Indy Jones Fan
11-13-09, 04:09 PM
Went to Target today. They would not price match Best Buy on MI because they said it was a "combo deal". Since they gave me static on that I figured I wouldn't even try to get them to stack the 4 coupons and walked away.

Brent L
11-13-09, 04:15 PM
I received my Amazon order today. :)

11-13-09, 04:18 PM
My wife went to Wal-Mart to get another copy of Up. The girl at the register didn't know what to do with the disney coupon and talked to a manager that said we needed to get the combo edition and what we had wasn't it.

Easiest thing to do was pay for the other things and buy it from another store. It was late and I wasn't really in the mood to deal with two people that dumb, especially since we had the entire Up coupon that had a large picture of the product under the coupon.

Sweet Baby James
11-13-09, 05:10 PM
For anyone who is a Borders Rewards member and just wants Up, check your email for a $5 bonus rewards sent this morning. They're selling it for $24.99, and you get a $5 Borders gift card with the purchase of Up. This means you pay the same $9.99 you'll pay elsewhere, and you get the free gift card.

They claimed I got the Borders Rewards email because I am one of their best customers, but I can assure you I am not so I suspect that everyone got it.

Wouldn't you have to pay $24.99 less the $10 manufacturer's rebate for a total of $14.99?

consoleman
11-13-09, 05:47 PM
Even after hitting 3 Targets over the past 2 days, I could not for the life of me find a copy of MI even though they show 'limited availability' online instead of being 'out of stock'. I just used the $10 off Up and got it for $10. Got a raincheck for MI even though it's going to do nothing for me. Can only hope they run a sale between now and when the $8 MI coupon expires and pick it up then. I wonder if I can get them to honor the Target $10 coupon if that happens since I did buy Up and it's no fault of mine they understocked MI.

I still wonder if Target is simply not putting out their stock of MI out on the floor just so they don't have to pricematch Bestbuy and, lo' and behold, Sunday rolls around and you see a bunch of them on the shelves.

11-13-09, 06:20 PM
I received my Amazon order today. :)

Instead of going from California to Oregon, this order decided to go to Washington first.

Almost like my Clone Wars set that went from California to Massachusetts, and still remains.

AmityBoatTours
11-13-09, 07:08 PM
technically they dont have to price match up cause to get the18.99 price at bestbuy youhave to buy up and it clearly states on its own its 28.99

target sent a memo to their managers saying not to match the bestbuy monsters inc price, but still some stores are going ahead and matching even though some are following the corperate memo.(and of course then are the target managers that are just totally clueless to both price matching and coupon policies) in anycase from the way it sounds from others who bought up and later found monsters inc they have been able to get them to either refund up and re ring up using the target coupon and manufactures coupon or have simply used the 8 dollar off monsters inc andthe target coupon. i would suggest bringing in not only your reciept for up but up itsself to target when you find MI instock and perhaps you will get a person willing to adjust it for you.Even after hitting 3 Targets over the past 2 days, I could not for the life of me find a copy of MI even though they show 'limited availability' online instead of being 'out of stock'. I just used the $10 off Up and got it for $10. Got a raincheck for MI even though it's going to do nothing for me. Can only hope they run a sale between now and when the $8 MI coupon expires and pick it up then. I wonder if I can get them to honor the Target $10 coupon if that happens since I did buy Up and it's no fault of mine they understocked MI.

I still wonder if Target is simply not putting out their stock of MI out on the floor just so they don't have to pricematch Bestbuy and, lo' and behold, Sunday rolls around and you see a bunch of them on the shelves.

AmityBoatTours
11-13-09, 07:13 PM
did you buy up at bestbuy? if so you will get a nice little surprise in that you will get back 21 or 22 dollars (depending on what the tax rate is in your state) and not just 9.99 plus tax cause they ring up the manufactures coupons as a form of payment.was able to get in on this deal at target. they restocked monsters inc (they were sold out tuesday night). but these did not have the $10 off coupon on the cover. i got them both anyway UP and MI for $22, is still a pretty good deal. now i just have to return the UP i purchased for $10 on tuesday.

NCC1701E
11-13-09, 07:27 PM
Wouldn't you have to pay $24.99 less the $10 manufacturer's rebate for a total of $14.99?

$14.99 - $5 Borders Bucks = $9.99. :)