Old 10-29-09, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Office Season 5: $19.99 shipped from buy.com

And, gone!
Old 10-29-09, 10:57 AM

I bought this with the in-store pickup option from BestBuy.com yesterday for $30.49, and started watching it last night.

I woke up to this email in my inbox this morning.

And so it goes.
Old 11-05-09, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

not sure about anyone else that ordered from this but i received mine today and the bottom of the packaging was cut open. the disc holders were completely separated from the package and the discs have some scratches on them. im contacting buy.com tomorrow to see what can be done about this.
Old 11-07-09, 05:16 PM
tpc

Originally Posted by Drav3n
not sure about anyone else that ordered from this but i received mine today and the bottom of the packaging was cut open. the disc holders were completely separated from the package and the discs have some scratches on them. im contacting buy.com tomorrow to see what can be done about this.
These are clearly factory defects. I got mine yesterday, and while the disks were alright, I had the same thing with the disk holders. Opened it, the two end holders just fell to the floor.

Also noticed that the tag on the back of mine said "Used - Like New."

Wholly disappointed because I don't think that was specified in the sales copy. I just feel kinda ripped off.
Old 11-07-09, 06:36 PM

i just noticed the tag on the shrink wrap saying "used-like new" when it claimed to be brand new.. i sent an email to the seller to see what they will do. Im gonna contact buy.com customer service on monday if the seller doesnt respond.

i feel just as ripped off as you do...fuckin scammers!
Old 11-07-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I just got mine today and it's a load of crap. I sent an email straight to buy.com. This is a ridiculous move on their part.

Used - Like new. Holders fallen off and we just put in the first disc and it won't play.

The sad thing is, I was sort of smiling when it came today, because it was from pieceofmindmedia, who I but from a lot on amazon. That smile didn't last long.
Old 11-07-09, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
The sad thing is, I was sort of smiling when it came today, because it was from pieceofmindmedia, who I but from a lot on amazon. That smile didn't last long.
Yea man, same here! I felt relieved seeing the 'pieceofmindmedia' name on there, and then this shit happened.. i wanna know if this is the same company or what. I usually buy from them alot through amazon too..

im just glad to know i wasnt the only one who got screwed on this order.
Old 11-07-09, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I feel bad that I posted this shit.
Old 11-07-09, 09:41 PM

i was gonna post it myself actually. i got the email from buy.com's daily deals and it was the first thing in the subject. then when i came here u had already posted it.

buy.com better either reimburse me and/or send me a new copy of season 5. and they better not expect me to pay to ship this crap back either.
Old 11-09-09, 09:47 AM

Just called their customer service. I spoke to a guy named "Nick." Told him of the situation and he claimed to not understand and said he has a "stack" of new shrink wrapped copies on the shelf. He said he was gonna send me out a new replacement copy today w/ a prepaid return envelope for the defective item. Hopefully everything goes well and ill post again when i receive the new item.
Old 11-13-09, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Drav3n
Just called their customer service. I spoke to a guy named "Nick." Told him of the situation and he claimed to not understand and said he has a "stack" of new shrink wrapped copies on the shelf. He said he was gonna send me out a new replacement copy today w/ a prepaid return envelope for the defective item. Hopefully everything goes well and ill post again when i receive the new item.
mine also had the used sticker, discs are scratched and won't play, digipaks all unglued from cardboard. it's like they fished these from the reject dumpster of the factory.

emailed buy.com but was told to email the 3rd party seller at [email protected] or call them at a non toll free number.

i know it's only twenty bucks and I've been shopping with buy.com since 1998 and this is my first bad experience with them but i'm pretty angry about this and thinking of not shopping with them again or at least for my holiday shopping.
Old 11-17-09, 11:49 AM

Re: (DEAD) The Office Season 5: $19.99 shipped from buy.com

finally received my replacement order today. package was brand new and fully shrinkwrapped. the holders were intact and the discs were perfect. im happy now haha
Old 11-17-09, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You got lucky, I just got a refund (which is fine, but now I still don't have the Office. Hopefully it'll turn up at BF for cheap.)
Old 11-17-09, 02:40 PM

he originally asked me if i wanted a refund or a replacement. I made sure to ask if the replacement was a 'brand new' item and not another 'used' item. he said it was new, and i received new.

im sure it will be down to $20 soon enough in the stores.
Old 11-25-09, 08:45 AM

And just to make everything better, I received an email from buy.com monday night stating i was getting a refund of the $19.99 for the purchase. Also received an email from the seller as well acknowledging it. Checked my account this morning and theres a refund for $19.99. So I ended up getting Season 5 for free now.. now im even happier! hahaha