Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

firmware for the Tosh2109

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

firmware for the Tosh2109

Old 07-13-00, 03:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive had my 2109 since Thanksgiving 1999.Its version is 1.8. I bought the 1200 for my mom for Christmas, and her version is 1.4. I havent had any problems really except for one thats troubling me - basically what happens is the movie will be playing fine, but all of a sudden on the same scene at the same time, the video will drop off, but the audio will stay - this has happenned to me with Caddyshack 20th anniversary <during the documentary with 2 spots> and most recently with Star Trek II <when the Red Alert signal comes on after Khan's initial attack, video drops, comes right back>

I'm also using an RF converter, as I have an old Sanyo 27" - gettin married next year, so Im savin my $$ for that and hopefully a nice WEGA as a wedding gift LOL. Could the converter be causing this, or is it the firmware? On mom's 1200, no video drop outs ever - but on mine, same scenes, same drop outs. Im hesitant to call Toshiba on this, because I get the feeling they wont be of too much assistance - and I'd like to get the latest firmware just to be "up to date", but if it aint broke, dont fix it.

I havent connected my 2109 to moms tv <also a tosh 27", composite video lead ins - no need for the RF on hers> to test if it still happens, was hoping before I go undoing the wires someone else mightve had the same experiences as I?

Aside from that, Im lovin my tosh - beautiful picture - just thought Id slip that in

Rob in NYC

------------------
"how'd ya like to mow my lawn, eh?"