Search this Thread

Old 10-25-09, 09:37 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Dexter - "Dirty Harry" - 10/25/09

"Dirty Harry"
Spoiler:
Dexter investigates the Trinity Killer; Debra blames herself for the death of Agent Lundy; Rita realizes she knows little about her husband.

Last edited by MrX; 10-25-09 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-26-09, 02:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dexter - "Dirty Harry" - 10/25/09

Guess everyone DVR'd it for tomorrow or something? Great ****ing episode. Fully engaged into this episode from the very beginning to the end. Nice reveal at the end. Can't wait to see where it goes from here.

"See? I have nothing to hide....except for the syringes, scalpels, and bonesaw hidden in that secret drawer underneath."
Old 10-26-09, 03:13 AM

I thought that it was great, too. It looks like this show is back to Season 1 quality, I hope that they can keep it up.
Old 10-26-09, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by spamurai
"See? I have nothing to hide....except for the syringes, scalpels, and bonesaw hidden in that secret drawer underneath."
Not to mention he told his baby he was a killer in a room with a baby monitor that his wife could hear in the next room.

I can't believe they haven't touched on that yet. If she didn't hear it, it's lazy writing. They didn't show him turn it off, so it's one hell of a plot hole.

I'm pissed Deb's alive. I despise that actress.

I'm all for more of the reporter's nekkidness, though.
Old 10-26-09, 07:20 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Stay away from the "webisodes" -- they are extremely short and devoid of content.
Old 10-26-09, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

So with as fast as things have progressed with Trinity killer, I can't imagine they can take that story line the length of the season without feeling drawn out. Dex knows he is now. I hope we're not in for 6 episodes of back and forth....unless it's done in a really good way.

+1 on wishing Deb died.
Old 10-26-09, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dex slipped up by leaving his prints on the tape and Lundy's recorder. I wonder if the writers are going to do something with that....
Old 10-26-09, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by GMan2819
Dex slipped up by leaving his prints on the tape and Lundy's recorder. I wonder if the writers are going to do something with that....
It seems unlikely that they would run prints on a cop's possessions, especially with the case closed.
Old 10-26-09, 09:31 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

If it turns out that Trinity did in fact shoot Lundy, can we expect John Lithgow back next season playing a completely different character?
Old 10-26-09, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
It seems unlikely that they would run prints on a cop's possessions, especially with the case closed.
The case is not closed. The police only suspect it's the Vacation Murderers. Forensics still have to go thru everything from the crime scene to link the Vacation Murderers to the shooting.
Old 10-26-09, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really good episode, I can see how they'd extend this story for a few episodes. I mean Trinity is Dexter! Dexter has been married for a few months and it's strugling to keep the serial killer work. Trinity has been doing the same for 20+ years, since they showed his older kids.
Old 10-26-09, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dexter hunting his own "doppelganger" of sorts puts a neat spin on things.

I guess it was good for both Dexter and Trinity that Trinity removed the DVD-R from the surveillance system so Dexter's presence at the building would not be recorded once the coffee guy's body is found on the 4th floor.

Nice O from the newschick.

Last edited by Patman; 10-26-09 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-26-09, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,740 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Seems like Dexter leaves "trails" all the time. He looks shit up on his work computer; not only did he leave fingerprints on the recorder, but he told a lie to the cop about his sister losing a ring. There's also GPS, surveillance cameras everywhere these days.

While I can see that they're trying to draw parallels between Dexter and Trinity, it also seems pretty apparent that Trinity is based on the BTK Killer.

Earlier this season, I was thinking that I was getting bored with Dexter having conversations with his dead father every episode. I actually wouldn't mind if Lundy took over that role.
Old 10-26-09, 09:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 849 Likes on 592 Posts

I was also surprised Dexter would find the Trinity Killer so quickly. It only took him the length of an episode to find him. I don't know how they can extend this storyline for another 6 or 7 episodes. I can't see it going more than 3 or 4 episodes - unless there's a twist to it.

I'm still not sure the TK was the one that killed Lundy for all the reasons that was mentioned in the last episodes thread. Which brings me to my prediction on the twist:

Spoiler:
Since we keep seeing events drawing parallels (or realizations) to Dexter's situation this season (ie. neighbor with something to hide, cop who kills her family where Dexter realizes the importance of his, TK being a family guy) - I think we'll find that TK didn't act alone - explaining why they hid the identity of the shooter. Which leads me to think that TK's son was his "helper" and was the one who shot Deb and Lundy. This would make Dexter wonder if his son is doomed to carry Dexter's traits and eventually follow in his footstep. This would also make Dexter have a harder time getting the TK and gives him one more person to get.

As for the other storylines, there still may be something about Quinn that'll get exposed. I don't think Rita will find out anymore about Dexter - but the season will probably end with Deb finding out about Dexter's mother and brother. I don't think any of the regular characters will find out about Dexter's secret though.

Last edited by Coral; 10-26-09 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-26-09, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Earlier this season, I was thinking that I was getting bored with Dexter having conversations with his dead father every episode. I actually wouldn't mind if Lundy took over that role.
It seems like for the last season or so Dexter's father has been less and less father-like and more and more dark. I'm beginning to suspect that dad and the dark passenger are actually one and the same. I doubt the ghost of Lundy would be taking over that role.
Old 10-27-09, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
I doubt the ghost of Lundy would be taking over that role.
Can the ghost of Lundy take over the role of Deb? Please? She'll have more time to make Quarantine 2.
Old 10-27-09, 01:32 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Yeah, I'd expect Dexter to study Trinity and use him as a resource for how he's pulled this for as long as he has with a family.

Loved the look on everyone's face when Masuka said if had that many people after him he'd be digging a tunnel to China
Old 10-27-09, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by OscarBluth
Not to mention he told his baby he was a killer in a room with a baby monitor that his wife could hear in the next room.

I can't believe they haven't touched on that yet. If she didn't hear it, it's lazy writing. They didn't show him turn it off, so it's one hell of a plot hole.
I was discussing this with someone and they said they turned off the baby monitor's receiver in the bedroom whenever one of them got up to tend to the baby so that the significant other wouldn't have to keep hearing the crying and could go back to sleep. That's how I explain it.
Old 10-27-09, 05:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Add me to the list of people who wished Deb would die. She's the worst part of the show. It's a great show, but I think it would be excellent without her poorly written character, or at least a better actress.
Old 10-27-09, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I think looking for too much real world logic in this show is a bit useless. I mean, its a pulp show. Everything about the crime and serial killer pathology is mostly Hollywood false. If you really think blood results take a day or two or that serial killers run around with such motivations, then go ahead and live in fantasy land.

I had an inkling they would go the way they did with Trinity. It just seemed like a natural progression with the whole adjusting to life as a family man angle they were going for with Dexter this season (didn't think Trinity would be Jimmy Freakin' Carter though). Its a bit shades of BTK, a serial killer successfully managing a dual life and spacing out kills for many years, which is an exception. Agreed, its curious to have half a season left and the reveal, but then again, they did much the same with the Ice Truck Killer and managed to stretched it out, so we'll see.

Last edited by Slumbering Fist; 10-27-09 at 09:49 AM.
Old 10-27-09, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Living Dead
Add me to the list of people who wished Deb would die. She's the worst part of the show. It's a great show, but I think it would be excellent without her poorly written character, or at least a better actress.
Deb's breakdown in this episode had me in tears. I don't think she's a bad actress at all. Besides, isn't she married to Michael C. Hall? I don't think she's going anywhere.
Old 10-27-09, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup, Dex is married to Deb in real life.
Old 10-27-09, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw an interview with the actress who plays Deb the other day, and she said she said the cast isn't being shown the last three pages of the final episode, so apparently most people on the cast are feeling uncertain.
Old 10-27-09, 02:32 PM

Well, the difference between the Ice Truck Killer reveal and the Trinity reveal is that the characters didn't know who he was until the final two episodes of the season, even though WE knew after about the fifth episode.

Dexter knows who Trinity is, where he lives, etc. He could easily take him out if he wanted to, so yeah, most likely he's going to "study" him. Although I wonder how that is going to really happen, since Trinity is done with his "cycle." so Dexter basically missed out on being able to watch Trinity and how he handles both his family life and his killing.

I sort of think the Trinity storyline might end after a few episodes and they'll drop some sort of bomb towards the last 3 episodes to set things up for the next (final) season. Can't wait to see it, nonetheless.
Old 10-27-09, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Holysmoker
Deb's breakdown in this episode had me in tears. I don't think she's a bad actress at all. Besides, isn't she married to Michael C. Hall? I don't think she's going anywhere.
Agreed, I didn't cry, but I felt her breakdown was very believable and well acted. Watching the scene I thought it might change some minds about her in these threads, but I guess not! I can understand not liking her character (even though I don't agree), but I don't think the actress is doing a bad job.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.