Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Looking to purchase Män som hatar kvinnor (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) DVD.

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Looking to purchase Män som hatar kvinnor (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) DVD.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I don't speak or read Swedish, I'm still interested in obtaining the Region 2 dvd of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (Män som hatar kvinnor) based on Steig Larsson's novel of the same name. If memory serves me correct most Swedish on-line stores don't ship beyond their own shores. (Correct me if I'm wrong). I know the small USA distributor Magic Box just obtained the rights to release this film for stateside audiences but I can't wait till 2010!!!

I found it here:
http://english.megastore.se/template...itemid=2102121

I stand corrected, I do believe they ship to the states etc. Anyone ever use them for ordering?
Is Ebay my only alternative?

Last edited by TheDoug; 10-21-09 at 10:36 PM. Reason: update information
Old 10-22-09, 07:39 AM

Re: Looking to purchase Män som hatar kvinnor (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) DVD.

Originally Posted by TheDoug
Although I don't speak or read Swedish, I'm still interested in obtaining the Region 2 dvd of THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (Män som hatar kvinnor) based on Steig Larsson's novel of the same name. If memory serves me correct most Swedish on-line stores don't ship beyond their own shores. (Correct me if I'm wrong). I know the small USA distributor Magic Box just obtained the rights to release this film for stateside audiences but I can't wait till 2010!!!

I found it here:
http://english.megastore.se/template...itemid=2102121

I stand corrected, I do believe they ship to the states etc. Anyone ever use them for ordering?
Is Ebay my only alternative?
I didn't even know this movie existed. I just finished the second book, and the third one is on the way from the UK. I hope someone releases this with English subtitles.
Old 10-22-09, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Looking to purchase Män som hatar kvinnor (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) DVD.

FYI:

The second movie is now out in the theatres in Scandinavia. The Third is on the way as well.
Old 10-22-09, 06:20 PM

Howdy, Doug.

I've used megastore.se and bengans.se. I haven't had problems with either of them, but here are some of the differences:

Bengans removes 25% VAT for orders outside of the EU, Megastore does not. I was never able to make an log-in account with Bengans, you'd have to do a "quick cart" purchase (redo your info each time). I kept getting an error every time I tried to make an account. With Megastore, you can make up an account.

Some similarities:
They both have the option of English language on their sites. I've emailed them both with questions and have gotten quick and friendly replies in English. Both of them have slightly funky search capabilities so as you search, so use pertinent, but different, keywords as much as you can. Also use the Swedish letters, I got a hit with this: Män som hatar kvinnor, but not Man som hatar kvinnor at Bengans. In terms of shipping, both of them were VERY quick. I've ordered more from Bengans and only once (and on a very rare out-of-print item) did I have to wait a significant amount of time. I'm still very pleased that they found the item at all!

Are you going with Blu or with the standard DVD? I noticed that the standard DVD is on sale at Megastore for 99 kronor (10 Euro). That's pretty good!

sue
Old 10-22-09, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by BigSue
Howdy, Doug.

Are you going with Blu or with the standard DVD? I noticed that the standard DVD is on sale at Megastore for 99 kronor (10 Euro). That's pretty good!

sue
I ended up ordering the dvd from Megastore. I purchased the regular dvd sue. I don't recall seeing a VAT tax added to my final order (they charged me 9 euros for shipping) for a total of 19 euros.

It's not often I purchase dvd's either from Denmark or Sweden but did like the ease of using the Megastore site. Now if someone want's to send me a transcript of the dialogue spoken...(just kidding)

Thanks for the detailed feedback.
Old 10-22-09, 08:15 PM

They wouldn't add VAT to it, the price already includes the tax. It would've deducted 25%. It was 179 kronor at Bengans.se, so I think you did alright. I usually use both retailers to buy CDs with the occasional DVD. Megastore feels more international, doesn't it?

As for subtitles, I think there's an english sub download floating around online. Thankfully, I know enough Swedish so with that and using the Swedish subtitles, I would be okay. Let us know if you like the DVD; it seems interesting.