DVD Talk
Hey! I know! What do ya say about a movie based on the OTHER FORUM? [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Hey! I know! What do ya say about a movie based on the OTHER FORUM?

The Edit King
10-15-09, 05:07 PM
OH, MAN! :lol:

I can SEE IT NOW!!! :lol:

Any story ideas for the Script?

Thoughts?

Should it be a Comedy, or Drama, or Fantasy, or Documentary, Cult, Smut, or Science Fiction, etc...?

It could be a 'HORROR' movie! :eek:

(I'd really LIKE that! :lol: )

Would you pay to see it?

OH COME ON, OTTERVILLE!!!

WHERE TO SHOOT?

LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION!

LET'S DO THIS! :up:

-THE THEEK! :eek:

islandclaws
10-15-09, 05:11 PM
Well, I'm sure we know who the editor would be...

The Edit King
10-15-09, 05:19 PM
If that's the case, there will either be 28,000 versions or it won't be released until the year 3012. :lol:

ernestrp
10-15-09, 05:28 PM
Horror:

Maybe some derranged psycho post something on Dvdtalk and does like the replys and targets the repliers for death by their post number. It could be like the Final Destination Films.

Dr Mabuse
10-15-09, 05:30 PM
I'm the rogue cop who plays by his own rules, but deep down inside has a moral compass and heart of gold behind all that 'bad assesdness'.

I'll say things like "you're the disease, I'm the cure", you know... "I'm all busted up about your rights", stuff like that just before I execute the bad guys.

Who, of course, are people like cannibal killers and the like.

The Edit King
10-15-09, 05:31 PM
Horror:

Maybe some derranged psycho post something on Dvdtalk and does like the replys and targets the repliers for death by their post number. It could be like the Final Destination Films.OOH!

Mysteriously...members start dropping like flies! :lol:

'Where's mrpayroll?'

'What ever happened to D.Pham?'

'Anyone heard from damn_skippy lately?'

:eek:

Now THAT would be fun! :up:

-Edit King Script Development Department

The Edit King
10-15-09, 05:35 PM
I'm the rogue cop who plays by his own rules, but deep down inside has a moral compass and hard of gold behind all that 'bad assesdness'.Maybe we'll need a 'R' rating if you insist on handling that thing in the movie. :lol:

Dr Mabuse
10-15-09, 05:37 PM
:lol:

Son of a bitch.

I thought I smelled something burning... it was me.

The Edit King
10-15-09, 05:41 PM
Burn Baby Burn! :lol:Last edited by Dr Mabuse; 10-15-09 at 03:37 PM. Reason: THEEK is a prevert!Prevert?

:lol:

It happens to the BEST of us! :lol:

-Edit King Productions

Kittydreamer
10-15-09, 05:52 PM
Ooh! Ooh! Can I please play Bandoman?

The Edit King
10-15-09, 05:55 PM
It's okay with me. :shrug:

However, Bando gets clobbered with evidence exhibit 'A' (something known as a 'penis chair'), by an angry client and ends up in a coma during a violent court scene in act one.

-Edit King Prop Department

Dr Mabuse
10-15-09, 06:32 PM
I'll take care of that angry client.

I'm all busted up about their 'rights'.

The Bus
10-15-09, 06:33 PM
Venusian can play the token colored fella.

ChefWinduAZ
10-15-09, 10:47 PM
You know at the beginning of the film there will be a disclaimer stating that "the names have been changed to protect the poor innocent families of these sick bastards".

Boba Fett
10-15-09, 10:49 PM
I predict bunk beds will be a key plot device.

antennaball
10-15-09, 10:54 PM
I'm the rogue cop who plays by his own rules

Ok, so I'll play the unrepentant scofflaw who believes that all cops are reflected in the actions of Dr. Mabuse's one rogue cop!

Living Dead
10-16-09, 01:21 AM
The opening shot should be like Memento... except it's a dead horse on the ground in a pool of blood. The film plays in reverse, the bullets go back into the gun and all the blood rushes back into the horse's head, then the camera pulls out and we see kvrdave holding a smoking gun.

The rest of the story is a mystery about him tracking down the unknown man who tattooed a likeness of Mr. Ed on his back while he was passed out drunk.

Nick Danger
10-16-09, 07:44 AM
Yeah! I want to be the self-centered guy who thinks his own project is more important than a murder investigation.

"Can this wait? I'm pretty busy right now. I can talk to you after I finish looking up funny pictures for the latest Sheep thread."

Venusian
10-16-09, 08:00 AM
Venusian can play the token colored fella.

Does that mean I die first? :(

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
10-16-09, 09:13 AM
seeing your penchant for Disney, why not go with that theme? there is someone here on Disney's payroll who i'm sure can help!

RunBandoRun
10-16-09, 09:57 AM
Ooh! Ooh! Can I please play Bandoman?

Only if Bandoman plays me. :D

Damfino
10-16-09, 10:02 AM
Danol could have a cameo part finding a body in a dumpster.

Bandoman
10-16-09, 10:26 AM
I'll be the reclusive neighbor who acts cranky but who really likes the protagonist, and ends up dying saving his/her life early in the third act.

Tarantino
10-16-09, 10:34 AM
I'll play the guy with the G.I. Joe tattoo.

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB)
10-16-09, 01:46 PM
Only if Bandoman plays with me. :D

:eek:

Dr Mabuse
10-16-09, 01:55 PM
Ok, so I'll play the unrepentant scofflaw who believes that all cops are reflected in the actions of Dr. Mabuse's one rogue cop!

The part of the scofflaw is already filled by Newman.

The Edit King
10-16-09, 01:55 PM
I'm sure we could write in Kitty's (playing Bandoman) 'miraculous return' from the dark side of a coma (as mentioned in post #11) to give her a bigger part.

Meanwhile, Bandoman, playing an ol' crusty bastard, & suffering from partial memory loss, being the old republican that he is, accidentally saves someone, but has a heart attack when he discovers the one he saved was a liberal, who in turn (while laying in his old, boney, dying arms, and to show their sincere gratefulness) becomes a conservative and carries on the torch of Bandoman's reclusive cranky lifestyle by moving into his old house and thus daily shouting vulgarities at neighbors & passersby from the dilapidated beer and drool stained rocking chair on the front porch.

-20th Century THEEK! :eek:

Bandoman
10-16-09, 02:01 PM
Nice! :up:

The Edit King
10-16-09, 02:07 PM
Sources tell me the Academy Award buzz about your acting has already begun and the script hasn't even been WRITTEN YET!!! :eek:

Duh Vuh Duh
10-16-09, 02:12 PM
Who are we going to get to play Honey Clam?

The Edit King
10-16-09, 02:15 PM
Cool Kitten would be my choice, but I think she may be currently busy with another project.

Bandoman
10-16-09, 02:16 PM
Cool Kitten would be my choice, but I think she may be currently busy with another project.

Like being married and raising kids. And rescuing animals.

The Edit King
10-16-09, 02:20 PM
HOW DARE HER! :mad:

Some people just don't understand the extent of pain one goes through to become a self-absorbed Hollywood wannabe. -ohbfrank-

RunBandoRun
10-16-09, 03:20 PM
Bandosprog wants to phone in his part. :D

General Zod
10-16-09, 03:23 PM
Can I play the evil villain? I'm currently recruiting easily replaceable henchmen and inept guards.

The Edit King
10-16-09, 04:05 PM
I don't see why not! You can be the last (and worst) EVIL DOER in our SUPER-HERO-ACTION-PACKED-DRAMA/NOIR-HORROR/FANTASY-MUSICAL/DOCUMENTARY-CULT/SMUT-SCIENCE FICTION/COMEDY THRILLER!!! :eek:

(There are currently two mini-villians that are like flies that buzz around the film in the first 25 minutes. After that, it's ALL YOU.)

But Seriously Folks...

Maybe SOMEONE, SOMEDAY out there will actually make a horror movie about an online forum that resembles some of us. :up:

-Edit King Casting Department

mhg83
10-19-09, 12:11 AM
I think this would be better suited as a dark comedy. So much potential:

Otterville Tales

Opening: Comicon

We open on a sea of horny nerds. "Tila Tequila" takes the stage. She is on a panel promoting a new comic book movie. . The Q and A begins. One of the first questions comes from a man only known as "X" .

X

"Were you really Jolt Addict?"

There's a long pause.

Tila

"Who?"

X

"Jolt Addict member of other"

Tila

"Never heard of it"

Many of the same questions follow. Tila gets more and more angry.

Tila

"Who the fuck is Jolt Addict, and what the fuck is Otterville?!"

Someone shows her a notebook computer. The camera zooms in to reveal the title:

"Otterville Tales"

Just a work in progress. More scenes coming soon. Stay tuned!

Troy Stiffler
10-19-09, 12:18 PM
The opening shot should be like Memento... except it's a dead horse on the ground in a pool of blood. The film plays in reverse, the bullets go back into the gun and all the blood rushes back into the horse's head, then the camera pulls out and we see kvrdave holding a smoking gun.

Beating a dead horse? I guess wm lopez or chris_77 should probably be culprit.

Now shooting a dog...

RunBandoRun
10-19-09, 12:43 PM
Maybe SOMEONE, SOMEDAY out there will actually make a horror movie about an online forum that resembles some of us. :up:

-Edit King Casting Department

When they do, I must insist that my part be played by Edie McClurg. :D