Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Army of Darkness - Screwhead Edition'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-09, 12:29 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Tyler Foster's DVD review of Army of Darkness - Screwhead Edition at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=38527 and I agree it is one of the few cult movies worth it's reputation! Bruce Campbell is amazing and if he had done nothing else, would be remembered forever as Ash. Off topic a bit, there is one little annoyance in the entire movie that no one seems to mention but that I caught on view #10 or so... early in the film when he comes out of the monster pit his shotgun is missing from it's back holster. Yet a moment later he is firing it! Other than that one slip, it's a great film from start to finish!
Old 10-12-09, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Army of Darkness - Screwhead Edition'

Originally Posted by oldnewbie
Off topic a bit, there is one little annoyance in the entire movie that no one seems to mention but that I caught on view #10 or so... early in the film when he comes out of the monster pit his shotgun is missing from it's back holster. Yet a moment later he is firing it! Other than that one slip, it's a great film from start to finish!
Consider this response taken from the laundry list of goofs at IMDB:

Incorrectly regarded as goofs: After Ash climbs out of the pit we see that the holster for his shotgun is empty. Then moments later Ash uses the shotgun to shoot Arthur's sword. But it's quite likely his rescuers retrieved the shotgun separately (and in the Director's Cut, you can see one of the locals handing it to him).
Old 10-13-09, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Army of Darkness - Screwhead Edition'

Even though it isn't, you can always pretend it's among Henry the Red's stuff Ash takes from that one guy. "You want a little? Huh?!"