Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains > DVD Clubs
Reload this Page >

No more 2 active CH accounts per address?

Community
Search
DVD Clubs Discuss & Strategize about DVD Clubs like Columbia House

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-09, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried and failed 3 times to open a 2nd CH account while the first was active and unfulfilled. All 3 times my card was first charged, then credited, and nothing shipped, the account was not opened.

I used to be able to open two, and the CH FAQ says you can. Did the policy change, or might it be because my current account is my first in about 5 years?
Old 10-10-09, 04:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No more 2 active CH accounts per address?

You still can have 2 accounts (2 dvd and 2 tv accounts max).
Old 10-10-09, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Opening new accounts has been hit-or-miss for many years for those of us who have had multiple accounts before. If you have never had an account with Columbia House you will likely be approved. If you have had many accounts, it is likely that your application will be "lost" (disappear without a trace) or "rejected" (you will eventually receive a polite postcard that thanks you for the appication and says that CH can't approve you for now).

It used to be that phone applications had a much higher acceptance rate but, at last report, there were no good 7:2 codes that still worked on the phone.

So, if you are having trouble opening a new account, it *might* help to have no open accounts and make sure that it has been some time since the last time you applied. But it remains a crapshoot and probably depends on which CH employee is reviewing the application and how harried he/she is that day.

Sorry if that isn't much help, but there is no secret way to get approved for those of us who have had many accounts before, so far as I know. Only newcomers to CH get approved easily.