Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

? Difference in Snow White released on 10/06 VS Snow White being released on 11/24???

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

? Difference in Snow White released on 10/06 VS Snow White being released on 11/24???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-09, 02:07 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am interested in getting Snow White for my little one but as far as I can tell the one coming out this tuesday is Blu Ray Correct? And the one coming out on 11/24/09 is the SD version ,which is the one I am interested in, - correct? And why the time difference in releasing these that way??? I am confused here-help clarify please-thanks!
Old 10-04-09, 02:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 907 Likes on 767 Posts
Re: ? Difference in Snow White released on 10/06 VS Snow White being released on 11/2

just a marketing thing to push the Blu-ray. Nothing more. SD comes out later to push the Blu or you can get the Blu and SD combo on 10/6 or wait till 11/24 and get SD only.
Old 10-04-09, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: ? Difference in Snow White released on 10/06 VS Snow White being released on 11/2

I'm happy they are pushing BD like this, but they're advertising it wrong. There are going to be a lot of angry parents looking for the DVD and finding nothing. There's also going to be a lot of employees of stores pissed having to explain that the DVD is also in the BD over and over again.
Old 10-04-09, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I wish they wouldn't do this BD and DVD in the same package deal. It will just cause more confusion for the average person, who might assume that all BDs come with the DVD as well.
Old 10-04-09, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
I wish they wouldn't do this BD and DVD in the same package deal. It will just cause more confusion for the average person, who might assume that all BDs come with the DVD as well.
I'm fine with it but then I also prefer if society went more with survival of the fittest and not dumbing down everything to the lowest denominator. It just makes people stupid and lazy.
Old 10-05-09, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by The Monkees
I'm happy they are pushing BD like this, but they're advertising it wrong. There are going to be a lot of angry parents looking for the DVD and finding nothing. There's also going to be a lot of employees of stores pissed having to explain that the DVD is also in the BD over and over again.
Except that they will find something. That's why Disney is releasing both the DVD case version and the Blu-ray case version. The DVD case version will be stocked in the DVD area, and thus people will find it.
Old 10-05-09, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by TheKing
Except that they will find something. That's why Disney is releasing both the DVD case version and the Blu-ray case version. The DVD case version will be stocked in the DVD area, and thus people will find it.
Isn't it just 1 DVD and BDs? And the one coming out on 11/24 has 2 DVDs? Or am I wrong?
Old 10-05-09, 05:09 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Isn't it just 1 DVD and BDs? And the one coming out on 11/24 has 2 DVDs? Or am I wrong?
Pretty sure you are right.

If you want the special features on DVD, you have to wait until 11/24.
Old 10-06-09, 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Pretty sure you are right.

If you want the special features on DVD, you have to wait until 11/24.
Means nothing to me, since I'm picking up the BD tomorrow, but people who have DVD only are going to be pissed. This isn't helping people switch to BD it's screwing people who don't have BD. I think this is a very good marketing strategy, but Disney shouldn't be the company doing it. These movies primary target audience are parents. And parents don't give a crap about BD.

Again, I like this idea, but another company should be doing it.