Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Forza 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-09, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Forza 3

I cant wait for this one to come out(Oct 31st).Demo comes out tomorrow on XBL.
Old 09-23-09, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Forza 3

Can't wait either. Although I might skip the demo and just hold out for the game to come out. I haven't decided yet.
Old 09-24-09, 05:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Demo is up.I will give it a spin after work.
Old 09-24-09, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Screw it, I already know I'm not going to be able to hold out.

Marketplace Link: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/ga...8861?cid=SLink
Old 09-24-09, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Kinda underwhelmed by the demo i hate to say.The racing itself is very similar to Forza 2 which is very good but graphically the game falls a bit short.The scenery to me looks drawn and not realistic like in Dirt 2.Also the cockpit view which was sorely missed in F2 is kinda flat and doesnt give you that feeling of actually being in a car like in other racing games and where's the windshield? Damage is almost non-existent(maybe just for the demo?) Sound is pretty solid,standard racing fare.I dont see how you can customize the controls again maybe just a demo thing.

So maybe im just a bit guilty of the over-hype and also the fact ive been playing a lot of Dirt 2 which is a totally different style of racing game but beats F3 in pretty much every way and which had a demo that made me wanna buy the full game.I will give it some more time but as of now i'm about 50/50 on getting the game as opposed to 100% for sure buy pre-demo.
Old 10-27-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone pick this up yet? I'm getting it after work. Can't freakin wait!
Old 10-27-09, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

2 more hours until I'll be home and playing (or installing). I can't wait. I hope to be racing in my own car (in the game, duh) before tonight, vroom!
Old 10-27-09, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a heads up for anyone low on hard drive space. This game has a 1.9 GB mandatory install on disc 2 that gives you access to the rest of the cars and tracks on the game. For now, I don’t see a way around it.
Old 10-27-09, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It isn't a mandatory install at all. It's optional, and you can even pick and choose what you want to install from the disc if you need to.

edit: Just to be clear, if you want to use the cars and tracks that are on that second disc, you do need to do the install, but it is still optional.

Last edited by flashburn; 10-27-09 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-27-09, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's pretty much what I meant. If you don't do the install, it seems like your missing out on half the game.
Old 10-27-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I picked it up today and although i really think its just Forza 2.5 im still happy with it so far.Racing games are always tops on my list.

For those like me that use the cockpit view and find it a bit too far forward you can adjust it:

Go into options and onto multiscreen set up and use these options:

multiscreen on
mode host
channel 0 will do
view center
degrees hidden 0 or just play around with it
degrees between screens 62 or whatever you want(i'm using 75)

Heres an example of someone with the adjustment:

Wont take affect till you restart your 360.

Last edited by astrochimp; 10-27-09 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-28-09, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I don't understand why you would have to install extra cars and tracks. I thought this game had some sort of a download code like Gears 2 to discourage second hand purchases. What good does a second disc do? Is it a limited time or first-run-only thing?
Old 10-28-09, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
I don't understand why you would have to install extra cars and tracks. I thought this game had some sort of a download code like Gears 2 to discourage second hand purchases. What good does a second disc do? Is it a limited time or first-run-only thing?
Because they simply couldn't fit all the tracks and cars on a single DVD. They aren't going to have everyone download a 2GB DLC pack. There is a code that comes with the game for an additional 10 cars that you can download.
Old 10-28-09, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by astrochimp
I picked it up today and although i really think its just Forza 2.5 im still happy with it so far.Racing games are always tops on my list.

For those like me that use the cockpit view and find it a bit too far forward you can adjust it:

Go into options and onto multiscreen set up and use these options:

multiscreen on
mode host
channel 0 will do
view center
degrees hidden 0 or just play around with it
degrees between screens 62 or whatever you want(i'm using 75)

Heres an example of someone with the adjustment:

Wont take affect till you restart your 360.
Thanks for the tip. My only problem with the default cockpit view is that you can't always see the rear view mirror in some cars.
Old 10-28-09, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ttppll
Thanks for the tip. My only problem with the default cockpit view is that you can't always see the rear view mirror in some cars.

Only thing that sucks with using Multiscreen is that you can't seem to look around in your car anymore. You can only look at set angles. Not a huge loss, but its still less than ideal.
Old 10-31-09, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Any further opinions on this?

I am on the fence right now. I played a ton of Forza2, but this one doesn't sound leaps and bounds different.

I don't plan on going online, or buying a wheel, just a casual gamer. The last one kind of annoyed me when the auction house got out of control. All I wanted was a damn Camaro!

I am not sure I want to keep repeating races to build up cash again. However, I think there is more tracks, correct? Or are they variations of the same track?
Old 10-31-09, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah its worth it, I picked it up after getting the Xbox wheel. I been playing alot of Froza 2 before and its visually much much better. I always found Forza 2 to be kind of weak visually and this is nicer especially the tracks.

I really like the new tracks, more curves and Cars feel better driving I noticed with the wheel.
Old 11-01-09, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

At first i was kinda disappointed with Forza 3 but now that ive found the best way to do a single player race is to go into multiplayer race and make it private im a lot happier.You can customize the race a lot better that way and even have different classes racing plus you can invite friends or fill the field with AI cars.I find that much better than "free race" mode which is very limited and the career thing always seems to dragged out to me.
Old 11-01-09, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^ Do you need gold membership for this?

I started a career and raced for maybe 3 "weeks" so far. I read someplace that it is better to race stock vehicles for the first "year" or so, just driving the reward cars. What is the purpose of this? Is it just to have more money to buy the really expensive cars? So far, I have spend a majority of my cash on upgrading.
Old 11-01-09, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jonw9
^ Do you need gold membership for this?
Im not sure.I guess you could test it out by going into multiplayer and see if it works or just do the free play if you wanna race better cars.
Old 11-01-09, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The graphics have improved a lot. I've only raced a couple weeks so most of the tracks have been repeats. My only complaint so far is the AI cars still try and drive right through you to race their line as if you weren't there. The rewind feature is really handy when you just passed a car and the computer tries to PIT maneuver you.
Old 11-02-09, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by asabase
The graphics have improved a lot. I've only raced a couple weeks so most of the tracks have been repeats. My only complaint so far is the AI cars still try and drive right through you to race their line as if you weren't there. The rewind feature is really handy when you just passed a car and the computer tries to PIT maneuver you.
Yeah, that is annoying. They still want their line, even though you took the inside. I guess Turn 10 wants you to ride their tail until the other driver skids off the road.
Old 11-19-09, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Free Hyundai Car Pack download for Gold members.
Old 11-21-09, 07:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

I must say, this is a very nice racer. I wasn't even going to get it, but the reviiews were good and the deals so good, I couldn't pass it up. Of course, I bought it right after launch, but just tried it this morning. It really runs smooth and looks great. I can see it being very addictive. That rewind feature is awesome. I can see myself cheating like crazy with it.
Old 11-22-09, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

After a few more races the AI isn't all that bad. It is just when you have a car way faster than the others the AI doesn't seem to register a pass. If you pass slower due to brakes that are about equal, the other cars will adjust their line.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.