Reload this Page >

Damages - Season 3 Casting News

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-23-09, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

LOS ANGELES – Glenn Close, who won her second consecutive Emmy Award for FX's "Damages," is welcoming two new cast members to the legal drama.

Campbell Scott and Martin Short have signed on as regulars, joining Close, Rose Byrne and Tate Donovan, the network said Tuesday.

Lily Tomlin and Keith Carradine will make guest appearances on the series, which stars Close as a ruthless attorney. She won her second best drama series actress trophy at last weekend's Emmys.

Production on the third season of "Damages" starts Wednesday in New York. It debuts on FX in January.
From Wiki:

Production on the new season is set to begin in late September, and the show will premiere in January 2010. The cast have signed up for a total of six seasons.
Season Two premiered with only 1.7 million viewers watching, even with the momentum that was built following its Golden Globe and Emmy wins. Despite the show's low ratings, FX has picked up and secured the program for its third season. John Landgraf hopes the show will continue on the air following its third season; after taking into account the encore presentations and "extraordinary" DVR numbers, the rating appear to be quite good.
I wasnt sure if Damages was even coming back, but here it is! While I liked season 2, I hope season 3 ends a little better.

Last edited by stingermck; 09-23-09 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-23-09, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts
Re: Damages - Season 3 Casting News

Season 3 was a lock (near the end of Season 1 it was renewed for 2 more seasons (2 and 3)) but this very well may be the last season. (best show nobody watches).

I agree too that it needs a better ending this time around, just way too clean in s2.
Old 09-23-09, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The cast have signed up for a total of six seasons.
Crazy. They barely got a good storyline out of Season 2. How do they expect to keep it up for four more seasons? Probably contractual to keep the actors tied down just in case. I do highly doubt, though, that the show will go that long. Season 3 should be the end if it scrapes the bottom like Season 2 did.

And I absolutely hate the idea of Martin Short being on there. Darrell Hammond nearly ruined it with his constant 'who farted' expression.
Old 09-23-09, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 753 Likes on 490 Posts

Originally Posted by conscience
Crazy. They barely got a good storyline out of Season 2. How do they expect to keep it up for four more seasons? Probably contractual to keep the actors tied down just in case. I do highly doubt, though, that the show will go that long. Season 3 should be the end if it scrapes the bottom like Season 2 did.

And I absolutely hate the idea of Martin Short being on there. Darrell Hammond nearly ruined it with his constant 'who farted' expression.
I think there's no reason this show couldn't go on for 6 seasons. This show is a lot like 24 in that each season is based around that one big case -- and that case may not always be as good as others. And so like also like 24, I can see where Damages would be the type of show that has some off seasons but can bounce back. I think the problem of continuing the show is much more a numbers game than a creative one.
Old 09-23-09, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

6 seasons?!
Old 09-23-09, 08:47 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Martin Short?!
Old 09-23-09, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I loved the first season, but never bothered to finish the second. Don't think I'll be back for a third.
Old 09-23-09, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I highly doubt this show makes 6 seasons.

Signing the talent to 6 seasons is purely contractual so that you don't lose the rights to them. I like this show, but making it to 3 seasons is already a stretch.
Old 09-23-09, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news I love the show! I dont see the bitching for season 2 being weak. Hell yea I hated Hammon but he didnt ruin it.

Smartest show on TV.
Old 09-23-09, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,020 Likes on 811 Posts

I thought Season 2 was pretty strong until the finale, which took the easy route out. It was fun to watch but completely illogical.
Old 09-23-09, 03:49 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

I can see Campbell Scott fitting right in -- not so sure about Martin Short though.