Search this Thread

Old 09-20-09, 01:34 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Entourage - "Berried Alive" - 9/20/09

"Berried Alive"
Spoiler:
Drama eyes a part on Melrose 2009 and asks Lloyd if he can get him out of his current gig on Five Towns. Still irate over Lloyd's job offer, Ari goes to war against Lloyd to get Drama out of his contract. Citing their trust issues, Ashley asks Eric if she can read his emails so that they can have an open and honest relationship. Turtle feels guilty about his love triangle, of sorts, with Jamie-Lynn and a UCLA co-ed.
Old 09-20-09, 05:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Entourage - "Berried Alive" - 9/20/09

And here's where everybody screws their shit up.
Old 09-20-09, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I hope everyone doesn't screw up. I like the whole aspect of the guys making it on their own and not just doing the whole "frat house" thing with Vince.
Old 09-20-09, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Best episode of the season. I have to say that this was one of the few times that the storyline kept me riveted, and the comedy was secondary, as it is always the other way around.
Old 09-20-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

only 2 more left after this?

this has got to be the least eventful season yet
Old 09-20-09, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems like these Entourage threads get less and less replies every week. Has the show jumped the shark yet? I haven't watched it in quite a few years but I got bored after Season 3 or so.
Old 09-20-09, 11:38 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Solid episode.

Should be an interesting final 2 episodes. It's pretty obvious Drama isn't going to get Melrose and Lloyd is going to get fucked over somehow.
Old 09-20-09, 11:38 PM
Suspended

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I still enjoy the show -- I just have nothing to say (although I remain bemused about the constant complaints that nothing happens on the show. Are you people expecting an episode where Johnny Drama gets killed or something?)
Old 09-21-09, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by mcfly
It seems like these Entourage threads get less and less replies every week. Has the show jumped the shark yet? I haven't watched it in quite a few years but I got bored after Season 3 or so.
it certainly hasn't jumped the shark... it just hasn't been very eventful as of late. I still like the show, and it's still good... it just doesnt have the same "umph" it once did.
Old 09-21-09, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by JasonF
I still enjoy the show -- I just have nothing to say (although I remain bemused about the constant complaints that nothing happens on the show. Are you people expecting an episode where Johnny Drama gets killed or something?)
Not at all... it's just that typically the seasons revolved around Vince and a movie. This season we haven't seen any of that. It's been all E/Ashley/Sloan and a plot-line about a new character that nobody cares about and him cheating on his wife.
Old 09-21-09, 01:43 AM

First the 'Ross calling Emily, Rachel' with E and Ashley and now 'Rachel moving to France' with Turtle and Jamie... Either the writers are big fans or I've been watching too much Friends with the Mrs.
Old 09-21-09, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by spamurai
First the 'Ross calling Emily, Rachel' with E and Ashley and now 'Rachel moving to France' with Turtle and Jamie... Either the writers are big fans or I've been watching too much Friends with the Mrs.

Although I did like the turn the Ashley storyline took this episode. I have never had a problem with this plot like most people though. The fight in the restaurant where Ashley looked ready to completely snap was great. I kept expecting her to come running out and tackle E while he was on the phone with his assistant.
Old 09-21-09, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonF
Same here. As with most comedies, there's not much to discuss.
Old 09-21-09, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Turtle's coed stalker is very easy on the eyes.
Old 09-21-09, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
She is but wtf is he having consternation about? He's f'ing Meadow Soprano who's been nothing but great to him. I'd get it if she'd been treating him like a sub-human. As it stands, he's the biggest idiot ever if he ends up wrecking this relationship because some cute little skirt is walking by him.
Old 09-21-09, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

I understand some of the complaints about this being an uneventful season, but I've actually been fairly pleased with it. I have kind of liked that it hasn't been the standard Entourage season, especially since this season didn't end up becoming about making a movie with Scorsese. The one big misstep this season for me was all the time devoted to Ari's agent friend.

It's been so long since I saw season 1, wasn't it similar in nature to this season? I'm just meaning that it was more lazy in nature, that it was more about Vince and the guys hanging out rather than a movie. I know the other guys' plotlines weren't as big that first season.

Last edited by clckworang; 09-21-09 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-21-09, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Patman
Yes, indeed.
Old 09-21-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I thought Ari's change of heart on letting Drama go was a stretch. In the space of a 20-something minute episode he goes from "DIE LLOYD!" to OK, Lloyd can win. C'mon.
Old 09-21-09, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

definetely the best episode of the season, but possibly too little, too late. again, worst season so far, but now it feels like its trying to redeem itself at the end.

agreed w/ Nefarious. turtle is w/ meadow, there should be no second guessing or confusion there! haha no college girl compares to meadow! haha

im glad the ashley angle is (hopefully) over now, i like the way it was ended at the restaurant.

the whole lloyd/ari/drama was done well too. lloyd screaming yippe-kay ay motherfucker had me !
Old 09-21-09, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I thought Ari's change of heart on letting Drama go was a stretch. In the space of a 20-something minute episode he goes from "DIE LLOYD!" to OK, Lloyd can win. C'mon.

I don't think Ari was letting Lloyd win in slightest. I think he knows Drama isn't worth a damn in the talent department and figures no better way to fuck over Lloyd that having his one client be someone nobody will hire. I figure Drama either won't get the part on Melrose or it will turn out to be a short walk on for one ep or so.
I too hope Turtle doesn't mess up his relationship with Jamie-Lynn. She treats him like royalty, and looks fine. I will say that this episode's theme seemed to be about commitment in both personal and professional relationships, and what people will do to preserve them. It also made women look like people who are possessive and paranoid about their men and want to make others jealous.
Old 09-21-09, 10:12 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
I don't think Ari was letting Lloyd win in slightest. I think he knows Drama isn't worth a damn in the talent department and figures no better way to fuck over Lloyd that having his one client be someone nobody will hire. I figure Drama either won't get the part on Melrose or it will turn out to be a short walk on for one ep or so.
Plus he doesn't to fuck up his relationship with Vince.
Old 09-21-09, 10:38 AM

I think it's more because, when he really stops his high-powered agent act, we've seen him be very emotional when it comes to the whole group. He's said Vince is the only client he considered a friend, he's sat down and had heart to hearts with Turtle and E already, and he would like to see Drama succeed as well.
Old 09-21-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

Hell, Ari told Drama after he let him go to tell Lloyd that he's gunning for him. Ari is not going to let Lloyd get away with leaving this easily. But Ari isn't going to devote any real time for Drama. He knows that. Might as well let him go, keep Vince happy. It's not like Johnny Chase is going to bring big money into the agency.

Last edited by clckworang; 09-21-09 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-21-09, 12:20 PM

I thought with Lloyd leaving, Ari would realize he was a real prick and that he needs Lloyd at Miller/Gold. Now, it doesnt seem that way at all.
Old 09-21-09, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Nefarious
She is but wtf is he having consternation about? He's f'ing Meadow Soprano who's been nothing but great to him. I'd get it if she'd been treating him like a sub-human. As it stands, he's the biggest idiot ever if he ends up wrecking this relationship because some cute little skirt is walking by him.
That's real life for ya. Just because someone is with a good looking girl who treats them well doesn't mean they aren't going to be tempted by another good looking girl.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.