Search this Thread

Old 09-17-09, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts
Bones -- Season 5 Premiere -- "Harbingers in a Fountain" -- 9/17/09

Bones

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

In the fifth-season premiere, work resumes for Brennan, who's back from a dig in Guatemala, and Booth, anxious to return to duty six weeks after his brain surgery, when Angela's psychic (Cyndi Lauper) suggests there are bodies buried under a fountain in Washington, D.C.

Season 4 ended on such a crappy note. I'm crossing my fingers the writers got their shit together over the summer.
Old 09-17-09, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Bones -- Season 5 Premiere -- "Harbingers in a Fountain" -- 9/17/09

I think the show will be fine. I know the final episode last season was less than we expect from this show but seriously people need to let it go. I love that they tried something creatively different even though it really did fail on so many levels. At least they were trying to do something different and keep it fresh, original and not screw up the main story line.

My one wish is that they would stop the crap about having rotating assistants. They already set it up to where Dr. Addy can get out the hospital so I wish they would just bring him back full time. His interacting with Bones and Hodgins was always one of my favorite parts of this show.
Old 09-17-09, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
I think the show will be fine. I know the final episode last season was less than we expect from this show but seriously people need to let it go. I love that they tried something creatively different even though it really did fail on so many levels. At least they were trying to do something different and keep it fresh, original and not screw up the main story line.

My one wish is that they would stop the crap about having rotating assistants. They already set it up to where Dr. Addy can get out the hospital so I wish they would just bring him back full time. His interacting with Bones and Hodgins was always one of my favorite parts of this show.
Agree. I hated the rotating assistants. Zack and Hodgins interactions were great for the 1st three seasons.

I know that they were trying to do something different with the season finale, but for what was suppose to be the biggest episode of the season, IMO you don't do a fantasy episode. You save that stuff for the holidays or earlier in the season.
Old 09-17-09, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk God

IMO, you need to go back to what makes the show work in the 1st place (Bones and Booth out in the field solving crimes) I think they spent too much time last season of the supporting characters personal lives...Angela's bi-sexuality, Cam's ex-boyfriend's daughter, Hodgins on the rebound from Angela etc.
Old 09-17-09, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
IMO, you need to go back to what makes the show work in the 1st place (Bones and Booth out in the field solving crimes) I think they spent too much time last season of the supporting characters personal lives...Angela's bi-sexuality, Cam's ex-boyfriend's daughter, Hodgins on the rebound from Angela etc.
I think more Booth and Bones is ok, but too much of that and the show would be boring to me. I really have liked getting to know all the other characters on this show. It's odd because usually I could care less about the third and fourth level characters but in this show they all seem very interesting. I liked the Hodgins/Angela relationship and all the other stuff too. I think it was still a lot better though when Dr. Addy and Hodgins were throwing lines off each other and always trying to one-up each other for king of the lab. Their experiments were fun and you always wonder what trouble they will cause.

The one thing I won't miss is Booth and his Brother. I like Booth enough, but his interaction with the "squints" is way better than his running around dealing with his brother.
Old 09-19-09, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk God

Just watched this today and this was actually a really good episode.

I think it went back to the basics of what makes this show work best. Booth and Bones out in the field hard at work. I love the supporting cast, but I was glad to see them as that rather than unnecesary B & C Plot material. BTW, Angela did look really good in this episode. I enjoyed the scene with the Mad Doctor attacking Bones and sticking her with the scapel and Booth blowing him away. I think it's been a really really long time since the show actually had a scene like that.

Since the show has been renewed for a 6th season already, I assume Booth is going to keep those confused "feelings" that he has about Bones locked up for awhile.

Cyndi Lauper's guest appearance was interesting. I've never really heard her speak before, does she really have that thick New York/Jersey accent?
Old 09-19-09, 03:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just watched this today and this was actually a really good episode.

I think it went back to the basics of what makes this show work best. Booth and Bones out in the field hard at work. I love the supporting cast, but I was glad to see them as that rather than unnecesary B & C Plot material. BTW, Angela did look really good in this episode. I enjoyed the scene with the Mad Doctor attacking Bones and sticking her with the scapel and Booth blowing him away. I think it's been a really really long time since the show actually had a scene like that.

Since the show has been renewed for a 6th season already, I assume Booth is going to keep those confused "feelings" that he has about Bones locked up for awhile.

Cyndi Lauper's guest appearance was interesting. I've never really heard her speak before, does she really have that thick New York/Jersey accent?
Yes she really does speak like that

About the Booth-Bones Relationship:
Spoiler:
I heard David Boreanaz say in an interview that this season he would be dealing with these feelings for Bones and would be trying to convince her that they are real feelings of love and not a side-effect. I don't know how long that plot will go on, but I guess we'll see.
Old 09-19-09, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

personally I hope they don't hook up. I thing that point in the show will be the whole jumping the shark moment.
Old 09-19-09, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't think that the episode was very good, but it was nice to have it back on the air.