Search this Thread

Old 09-15-09, 03:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Melrose Place -- "Nightingale" -- 9/15/09

Melrose 3

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Ella learns that her job is in jeopardy unless she lands a huge client, so she sets her sights on a major actor (Ben Milliken); Lauren agrees to go on another date in exchange for money; and surveillance footage reveals that seemingly innocent Violet may be hiding something.

Looking forward to every scene with Katie Cassidy.
Old 09-15-09, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Melrose Place -- "Nightingale" -- 9/15/09

Originally Posted by DJariya
Looking forward to every scene with Katie Cassidy.
... and dreading every scene with Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.
Old 09-15-09, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ agreed with both of you.
Old 09-15-09, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I think it's been good, not great, so far. Better than 90210.
Old 09-15-09, 11:43 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 258 Likes on 195 Posts

I though it was better than last week.

Ashlee Simpson's scenes are painful. I wouldn't be shocked if Laura Leighton stabbed herself after having to shoot that scene with her and they just worked it into the show.
Old 09-16-09, 12:01 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I knew she was Syds daughter.
Old 09-16-09, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad episode but yeah Sydney's daughter is terrible.
Old 09-16-09, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Thought it was good. It had a better flow than the Pilot.

I'll say it again. Love Ella (Katie Cassidy) She really does remind me of a young Heather Locklear. I think she just has a engaging presence in every scene she's in.

The character is the total opposite of who she played on Harper's Island.

The flashbacks with Auggie and Sydney were interesting. Damn, Sydney is such a whore.

I did find the scenes with Jonah and Riley to be quite boring. To me they are almost identical to how Michael and Jane were in season 1 of the original show. A very boring couple that's in love.

I'm not as bothered w/ Ashlee Simpson as the rest of you.

For those who actually watched Harper's Island, Did anyone of you recognize Victor Webster, the guy who played Ella's boss? He played Hunter in that show also opposite Katie Cassidy.

Question, I'm not sure if I interpreted it correctly, but is Ella's boss gay?

Last edited by DJariya; 09-16-09 at 04:06 AM.
Old 09-16-09, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

The only interesting storyline in this show is the one involving the whore - the traditional whore.

I couldn't care less who killed Sydney.
Old 09-16-09, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya
Question, I'm not sure if I interpreted it correctly, but is Ella's boss gay?
I believe so. When Ella came in Monday morning, he basically said that he snagged her client by shagging him but that he wanted Ella to be his direct representative since she was a ballbuster. It was tossed in so casually. I guess it should be noted how in Melrose Place-land something like sexuality can be so casually thrown around without anyone blinking (see also Ella's lesbian flirtation at the cocktail lounge last week).

I'm already over the engaged couple. Jonah's a gullible doofus whom I don't believe could have held onto Riley 5 minutes let alone 5 years.

And that Skype camera he put up? Come on, the resolution and scope of something that is supposed to be for monitor mounted video chats can scan the entire courtyard like that? Not to mention it wouldn't be waterproof...

At least they explained how Michael could be David's father. I was assuming they did a timewarp somehow, but this explained that David was conceived prior to the start of the original show.
Old 09-16-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Now the question is when Syd had Violet. Is she old enough to be born before the original series or was she born during it. I seem to remember Syd being there, going away for awhile & coming back. Was she pregnat during those parts? If so, who is the father. Michael seems to be a good candidate for that.

As for who killed Syd, for some reason, I think Violet did it. They seem to be hinting that the guy did but didn't show him stabbing her. I think he left after their fight & Violet came in & killed her (maybe for rejecting her).
Old 09-16-09, 09:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought it was good. It had a better flow than the Pilot.
I agree. I kinda enjoyed the episode.

Except for the Simpson parts. She was bad.
Old 09-16-09, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by resinrats
Now the question is when Syd had Violet. Is she old enough to be born before the original series or was she born during it. I seem to remember Syd being there, going away for awhile & coming back. Was she pregnat during those parts? If so, who is the father. Michael seems to be a good candidate for that.

As for who killed Syd, for some reason, I think Violet did it. They seem to be hinting that the guy did but didn't show him stabbing her. I think he left after their fight & Violet came in & killed her (maybe for rejecting her).

How old is Violet? 21-22? If so, it seems to me that Syd could have had her pre-original. She's in her early 40s I presume (she's 41 in real life).
Old 09-16-09, 09:55 AM
Suspended

Ashlee Simpson does look great for just having a child.
Old 09-16-09, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really did enjoy the last episode. I think that Ashlee Simpson was pretty fine, she's not that bad. I mean Sandy and Rhonda from the first version were terrible and boring, i don't understand why people are not watching it, it's gonna become much better week after week. Addictive I might say!
Old 09-16-09, 04:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I never saw the original show, so I have a question. Is this a remake of the original show, where jobs, people are the same, just younger actors/actresses?

Is it a continuation where everything that happened in the original show, happened, and this is like, "the new class" where there's a new group of people, some of which are related to the previous show.

Or is this just a new show that has the same name and the same apartment complex, everything else is different?

Curious cause I'm wondering if by not seeing the original show, I'm missing out on things, plot lines, jokes, etc.
Old 09-16-09, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by boogieman03
I never saw the original show, so I have a question. Is this a remake of the original show, where jobs, people are the same, just younger actors/actresses?

Is it a continuation where everything that happened in the original show, happened, and this is like, "the new class" where there's a new group of people, some of which are related to the previous show.

Or is this just a new show that has the same name and the same apartment complex, everything else is different?

Curious cause I'm wondering if by not seeing the original show, I'm missing out on things, plot lines, jokes, etc.
It's a continuation. Michael Mancini, David's father, and Sydney were both characters in the original series. There are a couple more characters from the original series that will make guest spots later this season.
Old 09-16-09, 05:42 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by davetherave
i really did enjoy the last episode. I think that Ashlee Simpson was pretty fine, she's not that bad. I mean Sandy and Rhonda from the first version were terrible and boring, i don't understand why people are not watching it, it's gonna become much better week after week. Addictive I might say!
First post on the forum and your raving about Melrose Place? We got a CW mole here!!!

Nahh, just kidding. I did think this episode was better than the Pilot so I do hope it gets better next week.

And Welcome to the Forum!
Old 09-16-09, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I believe so. When Ella came in Monday morning, he basically said that he snagged her client by shagging him but that he wanted Ella to be his direct representative since she was a ballbuster. It was tossed in so casually. I guess it should be noted how in Melrose Place-land something like sexuality can be so casually thrown around without anyone blinking (see also Ella's lesbian flirtation at the cocktail lounge last week).

I'm already over the engaged couple. Jonah's a gullible doofus whom I don't believe could have held onto Riley 5 minutes let alone 5 years.

And that Skype camera he put up? Come on, the resolution and scope of something that is supposed to be for monitor mounted video chats can scan the entire courtyard like that? Not to mention it wouldn't be waterproof...

At least they explained how Michael could be David's father. I was assuming they did a timewarp somehow, but this explained that David was conceived prior to the start of the original show.
Her boss also mentioned something about her gaydar not working as well so she then knew he was pitching for the other team.
Old 09-20-09, 03:56 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

definitely better than the pilot but still needs a lot of work