Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Eric or Bill: who should Sookie Stackhouse really be with?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who would you like to see Sookie Stackhouse have as her guyfriend?
Bill
25.00%
Eric
40.91%
Forget these two, she should be with Sam!
34.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-09, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

I think Eric. Granted, he is somewhat evil, but he is so much cooler than Bill it's amazing. It also doesn't help that Bill's southern accent is horrendous and he sounds like he's forcing all of his lines.
Old 09-14-09, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts
Re: Eric or Bill: who should Sookie Stackhouse really be with?

Eric is INFINITELY cooler than Bill, but I think Sookie should be with Bill... like Alan Ball said, what redeeming qualities does Eric have? Just because he's the bad boy?

Although I guess he could pull a "Spike" and change his ways (which almost seems like that's where they're going).

Bill really is a wet blanket though.

EDIT: Just saw option 3, so that's what I voted for. Sam seems like a good guy who's getting the short end of the stick. Sucks that his hot deer gf got de-hearted.
Old 09-14-09, 05:51 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Old 09-14-09, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Glad to see Eric winning.
Old 09-15-09, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
It also doesn't help that Bill's southern accent is horrendous and he sounds like he's forcing all of his lines.
THAT is a justification in defense of your choice of Eric? WTF?

I think it is WAY too soon to honestly choose one or the other. Bill is so dark and brooding, and we have NO idea what lurks in his past that has made him so conservative. I'm getting the books at the end of the month. I have a feeling we've yet to learn a fraction of what makes up Bill's current personality/behavior/attitude. The character doesn't really even have many lines!
Old 09-15-09, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts

TV Talk Guys: Yeah, Sookie should date Erik, he's such a badass. He takes advantage of people, kills indiscriminately, and also has like really sick hair and shit.

Otter Guys: Why does she only like assholes? He takes advantage of her, steals from her. She's so shallow, all she cares about is looks.

I guess it's not only women who have a thing for the "assholes."
Old 09-15-09, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's not a single thing I understand in this thread.
Old 09-16-09, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by spainlinx0
TV Talk Guys: Yeah, Sookie should date Erik, he's such a badass. He takes advantage of people, kills indiscriminately, and also has like really sick hair and shit.

Otter Guys: Why does she only like assholes? He takes advantage of her, steals from her. She's so shallow, all she cares about is looks.

I guess it's not only women who have a thing for the "assholes."
That's quite an interesting point. But I still think Erik is cooler.
Old 09-16-09, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just judging from the show thus far, I'd say Bill. He truly seems to care for her and will do anything for her and she seems to feel the same.

Having read the books, def. Eric.
Old 09-16-09, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Sam.

Eric is all superficial. The writers have the benefit of only including him sparingly so that they don't have to worry about making him cool full-time. Because he won't be. He will be this show's Sylar.

Bill may be the nice guy vampire, but he's not weak. He certainly wouldn't have ever cried like a pussy on a rooftop.

But the correct answer is Sam. Sam is the only one on the show that is pure goodness. He really deserves better than crazy Sookie.
Old 09-16-09, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by celmendo
Just judging from the show thus far, I'd say Bill. He truly seems to care for her and will do anything for her and she seems to feel the same.

Having read the books, def. Eric.
I have the books, but haven't started reading them yet. I might skip the first two and get with the third one, even if they are different in many ways.

Spoiler:
Is Eric different in the books? It seems there's a lot more going on in them than in the series.
Old 09-16-09, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I say Eric, Bill is just a boring twilight wanna-be vampire. If she were smart she would hook up with the vamps from 30 days of night. Seriously though, we don't know if she really loves Bill since he did the same thing as Eric did with getting her to drink his blood. Yes, she needed it to live, but he didn't tell her it would cause her to be sexually attracted to Bill. He only mentioned it to her after Eric tricked her. So she may not have really wanted to be with Bill from the beginning but not had the option of forgetting about him since he tricked her.
Old 09-16-09, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Spoiler:
Is Eric different in the books? It seems there's a lot more going on in them than in the series.
Spoiler:
Starting with book 4 Eric becomes a MUCH MUCH more important character. His root character isn't different except for a few minor things (such as he had a different maker in the books), but his personality and temperment are more or less similar.

Having read the books I can't really comment in this panel, especially since Alan Ball seems hell bent on keeping the main plot points from the books into the series.
Spoiler:
So if he stays on track there will be more than Bill and Eric vying for Sookie in the near future
Old 09-17-09, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 355 Likes on 230 Posts

I voted Eric since on the show, he's a lot less boring than Bill. Bill and Sookie's pillowtalk is only a little less boring than Maryann's orgies.

In the books, Eric all the way.
Spoiler:
He's a different character with a great sense of humor and zest for life that show Eric doesn't have (or hasn't really shown much of yet), and I think he truly loves Sookie.

Last edited by tasha99; 09-17-09 at 12:45 AM.
Old 09-17-09, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I saw this same poll in Tiger Beat.
Old 09-17-09, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I think I saw this same poll in Tiger Beat.

Old 09-17-09, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've read the first book but when I started the second, the new season started so I put it away. I think I will pick up the books now and finish them off before the third season starts next year. Luckily I got in on the amazon deal awhile back and got the whole series for like $30 in the collectors series paperback.

As for Bill not speaking well, I saw him on Jimmy Fallon and he is British. It must be tough for a British guy to lose the accent and then pick up that fake southern accent too. I used to really like Bill, but he just seems to sensitive now. I like Eric's attitude in that he knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to go get it. I'm really sad that Godric was such a pussy and killed himself off too. Could you imagine if they had Eric and Godric, the badass one who turned Eric, running around just kicking ass. That could be a whole series spinoff.
Old 09-17-09, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hoyt. Duh. Hoyt should end up with Sookie and Jessica.
Old 09-17-09, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starseed1981
Hoyt. Duh. Hoyt should end up with Sookie and Jessica.
Now that would make for a fine hour of tv. Sookie and Jessica going at it nekked and Hoyt trying to figure out how to untie his shoes and take his pants off for an hour.
Old 09-17-09, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 355 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by s}{ammer
I've read the first book but when I started the second, the new season started so I put it away. I think I will pick up the books now and finish them off before the third season starts next year. Luckily I got in on the amazon deal awhile back and got the whole series for like $30 in the collectors series paperback.

As for Bill not speaking well, I saw him on Jimmy Fallon and he is British. It must be tough for a British guy to lose the accent and then pick up that fake southern accent too. I used to really like Bill, but he just seems to sensitive now. I like Eric's attitude in that he knows what he wants and he isn't afraid to go get it. I'm really sad that Godric was such a pussy and killed himself off too. Could you imagine if they had Eric and Godric, the badass one who turned Eric, running around just kicking ass. That could be a whole series spinoff.
There are 9 books total right now, and the older box set has the first 7 (there's an 8 box set now, I think).

Yeah, I think it's hard for the guy who plays Bill, but some actors can do it. The guy who plays Jason normally has a thick Australian accent, but he sounds pretty authentic to me.
Old 09-18-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by tasha99
There are 9 books total right now, and the older box set has the first 7 (there's an 8 box set now, I think).

Yeah, I think it's hard for the guy who plays Bill, but some actors can do it. The guy who plays Jason normally has a thick Australian accent, but he sounds pretty authentic to me.
I have to agree. Jason seems more natural, whereas Bill (Stephen Moyer) sounds like every line is a struggle. Anna Paquin does a good southern drawl as well, but she had some practice with X-Men. She seems to play lots of people with supernatural abilities nowadays.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Bill tell Sookie she would start feeling attracted to him after saving her lifein season one? I could have sworn he did and she tried to act like it wasn't affecting her.
Old 09-18-09, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I dont really care. Sookie is my second least favorite character on the show. They could kill her off and I wouldn't care. So who she is dating really doesnt matter that much.
Old 09-18-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,130 Posts

Originally Posted by tasha99

Yeah that's just it Both Jason and Bill have fantastic show accents. Mind you, I'm from California so I could be a little off in that. But still, everyone knows that foreign actors do better American accents than most American actors and these two actors seem to support this.

I do think that Bill's accent sounds more Eastern Deep South than someone from Louisiana. But I could be wrong.
Old 09-18-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I do think that Bill's accent sounds more Eastern Deep South than someone from Louisiana. But I could be wrong.
You're right. I think he's trying to pull off more of a blueblood Southern accent, like from Charleston or Savannah. And considering he's from the mid 1800s, it makes sense.
Old 09-18-09, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 117 Likes on 79 Posts

I thought I would just add that I had a fairly in-depth discussion about True Blood with a stripper from Prague last night

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.